61 stacks of Bleeding in the Stress Test?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Forum bug fix.

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

This will be a nice change for builds that use bleeds & cause them to counter each other allot less.

I really hope poison & burning get some love too though. As is it’s even easier for people using them to override & negate the damage of others then it is for people who use bleeds.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

If you’re a player and you got focused enough to get 61 stacks of bleed – you kinda need to die from it .

In nearly 3 years of wvw and pvp Ive never been hit with more than 17 stacks of bleed, so I’m really not worried about this change, I only see it effecting pve.

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

Please keep the 25 limit for WvW and PvP

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Posted by: Loex.5104

Loex.5104

Unfortunately it looks like burning, chill, and poison might still be stuck at 1 stack.

chill and poison are needed to stack in duration not in intensity – why burning doesnt stack in intensity isn’t obvious to me :/

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Please keep the 25 limit for WvW and PvP

Why>? Do you see 25 stack of bleed without it being on a keep lord often?

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

this condi stacking and superb condi cleanse of revenants. sounds like a good balance to me.

/no sarcasm.

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

You guys honestly think that 61 stacks of bleed is survivable?

Probably that’s the reason people say the Y-vern melted so easly… if thats the case my necro will step out of her grave. oh god… i’m wet.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

This will be a nice change for builds that use bleeds & cause them to counter each other allot less.

I really hope poison & burning get some love too though. As is it’s even easier for people using them to override & negate the damage of others then it is for people who use bleeds.

Probably the duration will stack indefinetly, or the cap lifted waaay above :O

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: Fransson.7910

Fransson.7910

i kinda get the feeling my engi would get rekked in PvP when HoT comes if this remains as a feature

There is no waypoint rezzing in real life,
but there are people who will help you get back up when you are downed
- PalwaJoko

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Unfortunately it looks like burning, chill, and poison might still be stuck at 1 stack.

chill and poison are needed to stack in duration not in intensity – why burning doesnt stack in intensity isn’t obvious to me :/

yeah and intensity poison would be very bad tbh, as you would quickly hit the point where you get over 100% decreased healing ie healing would not work at all.

For burning well from what i understand of burning it supposed to be better than a few stack of bleeding, but can you stack high bleeding it will rule the burning, but ofc it creates the issue that burning from more than 1 person would be pointless, so my suggestion would be to allow 1 stack of burning per person, if the same person apply more burnings it would then stack that in duration. Allowed intensity stacked burning from same person would basically make burning a must more potent bleeding

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

yeah and intensity poison would be very bad tbh, as you would quickly hit the point where you get over 100% decreased healing ie healing would not work at all.

For burning well from what i understand of burning it supposed to be better than a few stack of bleeding, but can you stack high bleeding it will rule the burning, but ofc it creates the issue that burning from more than 1 person would be pointless, so my suggestion would be to allow 1 stack of burning per person, if the same person apply more burnings it would then stack that in duration. Allowed intensity stacked burning from same person would basically make burning a must more potent bleeding

Of course, I’d suggest the burning be stacked per person. Poison could stack intensity fairly easy, just the damage would combine. The healing debuff could just stay static regardless of stacks added.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Poison can stack it’s damage intensity and prevent the healing decrease stacks, not if possible but best scenario

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Simply increasing duration won’t really do any good though.

An elementalist can pretty much keep burning up indefinitely without really trying.

The same applies if you have a guardian using VOJ for the group or an engineer with a bomb kit (or traited).

In closed beta burning used to have a lower base scaling but stacked in intensity. If they would revert it back that would make burning much better for PvE.

Or they could simply get rid of the stack limit on torment & bake in some passive that whenever you apply burning to a target with more then X seconds of burning already on them you instead apply torment. (pouring gas on someone who is on fire has to be tormenting right)

That ^ would be one way to solve the problem & would keep people from applying ungodly long burns to targets.

Poison however is much harder to change due to it also effecting healing.

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

At that point just kill them with a trigger. Be merciful.

You can probably see all the arteries in their body and none of them are full.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Simply increasing duration won’t really do any good though.

An elementalist can pretty much keep burning up indefinitely without really trying.

The same applies if you have a guardian using VOJ for the group or an engineer with a bomb kit (or traited).

In closed beta burning used to have a lower base scaling but stacked in intensity. If they would revert it back that would make burning much better for PvE.

Or they could simply get rid of the stack limit on torment & bake in some passive that whenever you apply burning to a target with more then X seconds of burning already on them you instead apply torment. (pouring gas on someone who is on fire has to be tormenting right)

That ^ would be one way to solve the problem & would keep people from applying ungodly long burns to targets.

Poison however is much harder to change due to it also effecting healing.

Well…not really, as they could easily make only the damage portion of poison stack, while the healing reduction stays the same. Or, actually, if they made the healing reduction stack, too, so that at ~20 stacks it would have the same effect as now, but lower effect before that. If Poison becomes much more damaging the healing reduction should be negatively affected to keep it balanced.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

If this change was to be game wide, I would like to go with full condie specs into arah p3. The very first boss transfers all of his condition to everyone around him. 100+ bleeds stack will just melt everyone before they even have a chance to react. Gonna be fun.

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

If this change was to be game wide, I would like to go with full condie specs into arah p3. The very first boss transfers all of his condition to everyone around him. 100+ bleeds stack will just melt everyone before they even have a chance to react. Gonna be fun.

(now i havent actually played arah myself yet, so basing it entirely on the assumption you telling the whole truth)
well that is okay, as that would be a fight where conditions would still be a bad idea, but because of a specific mechanic, NOT because of a stupid technical reason that basically makes but one maybe 2 players deal full dmg from their condi, and i assume there is some sort of animation from the boss taht tells when it happen so you have someone put the new resistance boon on everyone just before he transfers them, and then you have time to clean them as they wouldn’t do anything for the first few seconds. ie it could still be done it would just require some extra teamwork