64-Bit Client Beta FAQ

64-Bit Client Beta FAQ

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I wanted to point you to our FAQ about the new 64-bit client, currently in beta. We have a lot of feedback and questions in that thread, so please feel free to add your thoughts there!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

64-Bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: octagon.6504

octagon.6504

Is the 64 bit client self updating or does it require users to check for updated versions?

64-Bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

I just wanted to let Nvidia users know, that they released a game ready update yesterday that specifically fixed some issues with the GW2 64 bit client.

64-Bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: levelmakerguru.7210

levelmakerguru.7210

I think it’s brilliant, ever since i changed to the 64bit version my game doesn’t crash, it’s very stable, thank Anet.

64-Bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

I note the seamlessness of the 64-bit client and the “standard” 32-bit version. One doesn’t even notice the “difference”—————-EXCEPT that the 64-bit client offers a better stability.
Thanks ANET!!

64-Bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

+1 for 64-bit

It’s very noticeable I can now raise my gfx settings above minimum “best performance” without crashing after an hour of game play!

64-Bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Judicator.7321

Judicator.7321

Wondering if there is any official word about the 64-bit client and performance issues? There is a huge thread on reddit about it. I for one am running a core i7 6700k and amd 280x, Windows 10 and the game was randomly pausing really bad. But going back to 32-bit and it’s silky smooth.

Anyways, love the game. It’s been driving me crazy trying to figure out what is causing stutters, but it appears to be the 64-bit client being the worst offender for me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4lmcqd/is_it_just_me_or_are_the_fps_getting_worse_and/

(edited by Judicator.7321)

64-Bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Judicator.7321

Judicator.7321

I should add, that for me it didn’t seem like ‘just’ a fps issue, but actually random pauses for a second here and there.

edit Eventually found out it appeared to be a bad motherboard driver or something else having an adverse effect (it was a fairly clean/recent install). I installed Intel RST and Intel MEI… without those my system is running way better overall. The stutter was just most noticeable in GW2, but was apparently effecting me overall as I’m now getting double to tripple my FPS in HoTs as well.

(edited by Judicator.7321)