A-Net's censorship is a joke

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: nikdik.1934

nikdik.1934

“this is all part of our no-grind philosophy for Guild Wars 2.”

Okay Colin. Then why do I have to keep doing the same events over and over because Elite specs are locked behind a tedious grind?

Posted by: Fantastic.5298

Fantastic.5298

You’re doing it wrong. Elite specs have nothing to do with the events, you unlock your elite specialization traits and skills from hero challenges and you only do those once.

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

You do have to grind and grind and grind just to progress past several points of the story, however.

Stuff goes here.

Posted by: lakeshadow.8427

lakeshadow.8427

You’re doing it wrong. Elite specs have nothing to do with the events, you unlock your elite specialization traits and skills from hero challenges and you only do those once.

Too bad that to get some hero challenges you need masteries, aka getting xp or often doing events. Perfect example is in Verdant the northern Hero Challenge requires you know the language (I forget the exact name). Oh and in Auric (I believe) there’s one where you need toxic resistance.

Posted by: PrinceKhaled.5104

PrinceKhaled.5104

Someone explain to him why we need grinding in order to reach the hero points (hero challenges)…….. or nvm, he will figure out himself and come cry next to us!

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

Too bad that to get some hero challenges you need masteries, aka getting xp or often doing events. Perfect example is in Verdant the northern Hero Challenge requires you know the language (I forget the exact name). Oh and in Auric (I believe) there’s one where you need toxic resistance.

i know. like why do we even have levels. you have to grind and grind and grind just to use a weapon you like….or not die in a zone you want to explore…or use a certain skill….or enter a dungeon. that’s BS, man! Anet are kittens…so many gates! Arrrrrrghhhhh!!!!!

sarcasm/

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

You do have to grind and grind and grind just to progress past several points of the story, however.

Only if you try to rush the game. You simply need to explore, witness and do everything. For example, witness every dialogue.

Alternatively, you could play various alts. Masteries are account bound, so once you get what you need, everything’s ready to go.

Alternatively, play it casually and simply collect your daily XP from adventures. They’re ~60k XP each and there’s 5 in Verdant Brink for example.

Posted by: Stoaga.8190

Stoaga.8190

Most hero challenges are locked until you learn the masteries which means you have to grind the same events over and over and over again. How about you actually start playing and game not and spout bs on forums?

Posted by: Fantastic.5298

Fantastic.5298

Most hero challenges are locked until you learn the masteries which means you have to grind the same events over and over and over again. How about you actually start playing and game not and spout bs on forums?

I’m in the 4th map now, I repeated maybe 2-3 outposts with some friends earlier but other than that I haven’t gone back to any map other than for story.

I’m on the last branch of my elite spec and will probably finish it completely within the next two hours and I still have plenty of map 4 and a few hero challenges that don’t require anything other than flying. Up to this point all my masteries are at 1 except for updraft.

Just because there is a hero challenge that requires something you don’t have, doesn’t mean you have to grind to get it immediately. There are so many events and so much content you shouldn’t be repeating anything you don’t want to in order to level up your elite specialization (if that’s your ultimate goal)

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

Just to comment on this. If you learn the masteries in the right order there is very little grinding in between story elements. You’ll have to do some events, but not that many.

Unfortunately I learned one of the wrong masteries so I’m in for a bit of grinding to get the one I should have learned up to level 2.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Not really, all I did was run through the maps, do a few events, killed some mobs, and I had the main Masteries required, Gliding and Shrooms (+3 more), as well as the majority of my Chronomancer traits. It’s not grindy, unless you play it as if it’s grindy.

You get Experience for practically everything in this game, not just doing events over and over. Go do some partial map completion (uncover the maps and get the things you can get with your current Masteries), gather, kill a few mobs now and again, do a few events, do Hero Point challenges and Adventures, explore and don’t be afraid of using your Elite Specialization without all traits. My Chronomancer worked perfectly fine from the very start. It’s likely your build that’s wrong, if you can’t deal with one “handicapped” trait line for a while. There’s more than enough content in this to let you “level up” without the necessity of repeating events. It’s also worth noting that Masteries are for PvE, so complaining about them as a non-PvE player is ridiculous. sPvP don’t need Hero Points. WvW players can earn all the Hero Points within WvW.

This is an expansion, it’s supposed to give us new content and things to do. Would you rather they increased the level cap, added a new tier of items and invalidated everything you’ve done for the past 3 years (except Legendary)? This is horizontal progression, which is far superior to some vertical progression seen in your average MMORPG. If you had everything right out the gates, you’d complain equally about how little there is to do and how this wasn’t worthy of being called an expansion.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)