A Question About Armor

A Question About Armor

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

Q:

Is there any word on if there will be new, easily crafted, armor in HoT that is more like the sets we had BEFORE they decided they need material sinks in the game?

To clarify, I mean armor skins that take the amount of materials as blues/greens/yellows instead of exotics and… shudders… ascended (I’d even be happy with skins that took more materials than yellows but less than exotics). I don’t want to use up hundreds of bolts of silk to make one shirt… it says I’m a master tailor but obviously I’m not if I’m shredding the same amount of cloth I would use if I had been mass marketing the item.

I’m wondering because I’ve been experimenting with armor sets for my Revanant, but am not certain if there’ll be anything new that is quickly obtained that I may prefer. I’m also a little worried that I’ll be stuck with the same looks as I have been for close to two years now.

A Question About Armor

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’m pretty sure this will be a no. They’re not going to provide a way to crafted ascended armor with less materials.

A Question About Armor

Kentaine.4692

I wasn’t asking for ascended, just skins.

A Question About Armor

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

I don’t think that was the question…

I really hope we do get some new armour, maybe some (don’t shoot me^^) sylvari-themed stuff. I looove that style, but the choices are so limited. I mean, it’s a full expansion, there should be at least something. All the GW1 expansions were full of new armour, buyable and craftable.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

A Question About Armor

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Well considering they currently don’t have an option to craft just the skins rather than the armor, I don’t see it happening. This would have been a feature announced at PAX. It would also have repercussion on other items as some only have value for their skin.

A Question About Armor

Kentaine.4692

If something only has value because of its skin, it will continue to retain value because of its skin. A new design does not replace an old one and a new one may or may not be in the taste of someone who wanted that old one but could not afford it before. It isn’t like any of the craftable and sellable armor (I’m asking about armor, not weapons) skins out there cost very much anyway, 50ish copper-45 silver really and even those are usually cheaper to craft yourself if you harvest materials while casually playing.

I’d just like to see something come out of my crafting skills from the new expansion instead of having all new armors (if there are any) locked behind material/gold grinds, dungeon/raid tokens, gem store, or- the worst for unlucky people- RNG. Depending on the masteries for the races, maybe that’s how new skins will be unlocked but I could see (based on GWEN’s armors) that taking a lot of game time to unlock an entire set or how the carapace armor went to actually get the piece I want to use.

Then call it new greens/blues (though that wouldn’t make anyone happy since it’s 80 content) instead of ‘skin crafting’ if you think that would be such an important feature it needed to be introduced at PAX.

A Question About Armor

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

I don’t think new low-level armour will be craftable (though I could be mistaken). If anything, I believe it will be craftable exotic level 80 armour, crafted with materials from the new zones maybe (which may or may not be accountbound and thus restricted to those who bought HoT), or karma armour like the Orr armours, which would definitely be accountbound and restricted to anyone with HoT. It would actually make karma a little more useful to farm/collect again, since there’s not much to buy with it, once you have all the karma skins you want and don’t need it to buy obsidian shards for a legendary weapon.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

A Question About Armor

Posted by: Toepac.9076

Toepac.9076

since gw2 endgame progression is so focussed on cosmetic improvements:
my guess would be no….
In reality i find exotics too easy to obtain if anything and most skinned exotics dont cost more than a few gold on the trading post.
Don’t really see the problem myself, but maybe there are a few specific skins i’m missing