A little Sad after I got the Ultimate edition

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: HoangAn.2085

HoangAn.2085

So I pre purchased the game with the ultimate edition because I love this game and think Anet is a great company. I was also hoping that it would come with this special feeling, but then realized all I really got was a discount. Looking at the FAQs is it true that you can upgrade from the standard to deluxe via gem store? If so, all it really means is that the pre-purchase just offers you a title and getting ultimate just gave you a discount on gems. lol, just wanted to share that I am a little disheartened xD

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

According to the FAQ players can upgrade from the standard to the deluxe via the gem store but cannot upgrade to the Ultimate.

It is pretty clear on the sales page what you are getting with the Ultimate so I’m not sure what else you were expecting. You are basically getting the Deluxe version with all it’s perks and $50 worth of gems at half price. It is a great deal for people like me that buy gems often. I would have spent an extra $50 on gems sooner or later so to get them at half price is a nice deal.

The Burninator

HoangAn.2085

I know, i guess its my fault I just assumed that people wouldn’t be able to upgrade and the free stuff was limited. Don’t get me wrong its a great discount, maybe my wallet is just sad xD i just wish it were more special

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Don’t forget you also have guaranteed access to all future beta event. Of course all pre-purchased versions include that but maybe that will cheer you up a bit as you are in beta rocking your special mini.

The Burninator

HoangAn.2085

Yeah, i know we’ll see… just throwing it out there that this definitely didn’t really feel special. I mean discounts happen here and there, a prepurchase only once xD

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Oh it’s definitely been a common thing since the launch of GW2, especially in the gem store.

Bundles come out. Like salvaging bundles or black lion bundles. The price is always just slightly lower than buying the items individually, but you actually end up losing money anyway because you don’t even need 2-3 of the items on the list.

They are challenging the very foundation of marketing! Buyer’s remorse is a new cutting edge strategy!

(That said, the Ultimate Edition is great if you were already going to buy 4000 gems with real money. If not, then it’s not great.)

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

HoangAn.2085

yea thats how I am feeling, I don’t know why but initially I thought the items would be limited and some people in game said the same thing to me, but now I just recognize it as maybe a free 2000 gems depending how you value the character slot, mini, glider skin, ornament, finisher

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

Grats, you wasted 100 dollars on something no one will care at all.

Also, remember we STILL don’t have a release date and there’s so many minis that having Rev Rytlock won’t matter at all. Also the glider skin is barely useless unless you actively only use it for the look.

“Would you kindly?”

Posted by: eaxe.8570

eaxe.8570

yea thats how I am feeling, I don’t know why but initially I thought the items would be limited and some people in game said the same thing to me, but now I just recognize it as maybe a free 2000 gems depending how you value the character slot, mini, glider skin, ornament, finisher

Dude, You bought it, great value-be happy about it. You will have the last laugh.