A question about precursors

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Insomnia.5069

Insomnia.5069

I read a post in here:http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/9340/Guild-Wars-2-Our-PAX-South-Interview-With-Mike-OBrien-and-Colin-Johanson.html
It said that precursors can gained by completing various collections.
But I heard people talking about precursor crafting, are they the same thing?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Precursor crafting was an old suggestion and devs said that it could be a thing, but all that was long time ago (about end of 2013)

What is confirmed is the precursor by collections in the expansion and a mastery to craft the new legendary weapons.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Insomnia.5069

Precursor crafting was an old suggestion and devs said that it could be a thing, but all that was long time ago (about end of 2013)

What is confirmed is the precursor by collections in the expansion and a mastery to craft the new legendary weapons.

Or, did they mention the precursor crafting on the live stream? Because all I remember is, there will be new precursors and new ledgendaries.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Umm … now that you mentioned, I think both options may be available, check this:
Source

Master Legends: Train in legendary crafting to learn to create all existing legendary weapon precursors and new legendary weapon precursors introduced with Heart of Thorns.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Umm … now that you mentioned, I think both options may be available, check this:
Source

Master Legends: Train in legendary crafting to learn to create all existing legendary weapon precursors and new legendary weapon precursors introduced with Heart of Thorns.

Or, it could be a single options. Perhaps some of the crafting material for a precurser will be account bound items that can only be found via a scavenger hunt style. So perhaps there will be a collection applied to getting the reward item which is then used as a crafting component for the precurser.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Or, it could be a single options. Perhaps some of the crafting material for a precurser will be account bound items that can only be found via a scavenger hunt style. So perhaps there will be a collection applied to getting the reward item which is then used as a crafting component for the precurser.

So the “crafting” of precursors do not effect the market. You can only get one precursor via the “crafting” method per precursor per account.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

so here’s how it works, based on a lot of interviews i can’t be bothered to look up, and the mmorpg.com one:

you unlock a certain mastery (the blog called it “mastery of legends”), and progress in that mastery will allow you to unlock a collection (presumably of your choice). the reward for completing that collection is a specific precursor.

you can only earn one of each precursor through that method.

so unlock mastery → unlock precursor collection → obtain precursor through completing collection.

that’s what people are calling precursor “crafting”.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

It actually kinda sounds like the collections will be for the NEW legendarily precursors, while the Master Crafting will be for crafting the OLD legendarily precursors.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

BrunoBRS.5178

It actually kinda sounds like the collections will be for the NEW legendarily precursors, while the Master Crafting will be for crafting the OLD legendarily precursors.

no, i’m pretty sure both new and old precursors will be obtained through the same method. you can quote me on it.

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

no, i’m pretty sure both new and old precursors will be obtained through the same method. you can quote me on it.

well just have to see. But being able to create 1 precusor of each type, per account seems very limiting.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

BrunoBRS.5178

well just have to see. But being able to create 1 precusor of each type, per account seems very limiting.

it’s meant to help players make their legendaries, not help the TP barons make even more money.

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

If they follow the model used for the Mawdrey backpiece (which I think was a proof of concept thing) Then you’d be able to make as many as you have characters, because each character can complete the collection.

But, that collection was tied to the living story chapters, so they may have changed how they measure completion.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If they follow the model used for the Mawdrey backpiece (which I think was a proof of concept thing) Then you’d be able to make as many as you have characters, because each character can complete the collection.

But, that collection was tied to the living story chapters, so they may have changed how they measure completion.

You may have mistaken scavenger hunts with collections. All currently known collections are account-wide, not character-specific. And mawdrey crafting don’t use any collection at all – it is a scavenger hunt.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

BrunoBRS.5178

it’ll be through collections, which are account-wide achievements. it’s been confirmed. each precursor will have one collection (which you unlock through masteries), so you can only “craft” one of each precursor per account.

Insomnia.5069

it’ll be through collections, which are account-wide achievements. it’s been confirmed. each precursor will have one collection (which you unlock through masteries), so you can only “craft” one of each precursor per account.

I think we should avoid using the word “craft” since it is from collection.

Posted by: Naga.1805

Naga.1805

I know this is a bit after the fact, but this blog post explains that it is both a collection AND crafting. After completing the final collection, you are given a crafting recipe so that you can craft the final version of the precursor.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I know this is a bit after the fact, but this blog post explains that it is both a collection AND crafting. After completing the final collection, you are given a crafting recipe so that you can craft the final version of the precursor.

Wow, credit on necroing this thread after 5 months. Commencing golf clap.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.