HoT Price Feedback + Base game included [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Seriously guys, it’s not even a big deal.

Clearly, this is a matter of opinion.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

The game came with one slot per race, not per profession.

That still doesn’t excuse them.

It still wouldn’t explain why they added an additional slot to the Deluxe and Ultimate versions, unless it was for greed.

I would say in their minds they would see it as being an “incentive” to buy the better packs. But of course to the majority of the posters today it would seem like greed of course.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: littlemunster.1059

littlemunster.1059

What is the matter i tought HoT would be just free for downloading if it releases :/

LOL? Me 2. Me 2.

The BG Super Munster!

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

Just ignore the standard/base game that they are advertising, it only affects buyers who don’t have the base game.

Basically, you’re only buying the expansion. The base game is just a freebie for buyers that don’t have the game already.

I agree, totally misleading and in desperate need of a disclaimer or rewording. As of right now, it feels like a rip-off for veteran players. But it isn’t. Anet believes that the upgrade alone is worth $50.

Posted by: Cecil.9205

Cecil.9205

Everyone is kittened because ANET literally just admitted to caring substantially more for new players than any current or former players.

Your logic doesn’t follow. The expansion was going to cost some amount of money. The amount of money has been revealed to be $50. Period. They could have just as easily not included the core game and the expansion still would have been $50.

Giving the core game away with HoT does not mean that they care more about new players than established players. It just means that they want to make it as easy as possible for new players to start playing. (In fact, that’s something we as established players should want too. Who wants to play an empty MMO?)

Pricing the game at $50 does not mean that they don’t value established players. It just means that $50 is the price Anet thinks is reasonable for the expansion.

Again, if you think $50 is too much for the expansion, that’s fine. But if you think Anet owes you more or a cheaper price for being a veteran player, then you’re just being entitled. And if you think new players shouldn’t get the almost three-year-old core game along with the expansion, then you’re just being selfish as that idea is self-destructive to GW2. It benefits us as much as Anet to have a large player base.

Sorry, but as Castaliea said at first, most people aren’t kittened about the price. It’s more about what we, as already loyal and paying consumers, are being viewed as. If you have ever worked a day in any sort of sales, you should understand that you never demean any customer, especially those that are ALREADY loyal to your company.

I’ll give you a perfectly good example of what most people are upset about, hopefully in terms that are more understandable.

You’re at a store, and I notice that you want to purchase a shirt and pants. I sell you said shirt and pants for 50 dollars (just representative price). Then, a while later, while you’re still there, Joe comes up (new customer) and I offer to sell him a pair of shoes for $50, but now I’m going to throw in a shirt and pair of pants, at no additional charge (free), for him. You of course, as a previous customer come up and say, “Hey, I want some shoes as well.” in which I reply, “That’ll be $50. And sorry, but since you already have a shirt, and a pair of pants from us, you get nothing else. Thank you and come again.”

It is this mentality that the vast majority of already loyal, and paying customers of ANET are upset about. Not necessarily the price, but the customer service we have received based off of this.

Now, me, I’m going to sit and wait to see if they separate the base game and the xpac before deciding if I’m going to purchase HOT or not. If they don’t before the xpac comes out, well I’ll just cross that bridge when it happens. Just please, don’t think everything is about the pricing, or thinking people are feeling entitled to something for nothing, when it’s the exact opposite. People, in this circumstance should feel entitled to something, because they’ve already showed ANET they’re loyal, so they should, at the least, receive the EXACT same entitlement as someone that comes into the game brand new, which they’re not, unless they plan on forgetting about their accounts that they’ve worked on for up to 3 years now and create a new account to redo everything all over again.

Posted by: Dott.5672

Dott.5672

I don’t know about you, but I’m absolutely kittening thrilled.
I love getting ripped off. Best thing ever.

“Guild Wars 2 fans are big role-players, and
we love to give them the tools they need
to have big, important events!” Stop lying, ANet.

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

biggest bullkitten ever, giving us gw2 for 10$ then if we want to buy HOT we pay minimum 40$ cuz we buy the game again

Posted by: Uproller.1849

Uproller.1849

Lets take a look at what existing players are getting coming with the expansion for free…..Pretty much everything that isn’t directly related to PvE….. (wvw changes. TPvP changes. both are completely 100% free and available to everyone…they didn’t have to be.)

If wvw changes weren’t “free to everyone”, they’d have to split wvw into 2 separate communities/set of servers. That isn’t really a viable option. So that did have to be free.

Yeah, as if they are not getting enough flak already. They wouldn’t want the WvW community to join in the fun

Posted by: Sylv.6514

Sylv.6514

And now, an altered version of a Simpsons quote:

Comic Book Guy: Last night’s Heart of Thorns price was, without a doubt, the worst thing ever. Rest assured that I was on internet within minutes registering my disgust throughout the world.
Bart Simpson: Hey, I know it wasn’t great, but what right do you have to complain?
Comic Book Guy: As a loyal player, I feel they owe me.
Bart Simpson: What? They’ve given you thousands of hours of entertainment for free. What could they possibly owe you? I mean, if anything, you owe them.
Comic Book Guy: Worst thing ever.

One key thing is wrong with your “quote.” We have all actually spent money on the game….

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

For those who say.. we’re not re-buying the core game its free only the expansion costs $50+… I say BS
Of course we are paying for the core game again, or in fact we are simply covering the cost of all those core games that have been sold at sale price over the last 12 months in lead up to the xpac.
This is underhanded marketing at its best and a serious smack in the face to players that have supported this game through its beta testing over the last 3 years.

As for what was being marketed for the xpac over tha last few months.. hmm even that is shadey now considering we are going to be seeing a variety of those “content” extras coming into the core game before the xpac even appears on the shelves.

Simple fact is this is nothing but a rip-off, perhaps even a last throw of the dice to quell the coffers one last time and tbh as much as I have enjoyed GW1 / GW2 it has begun to look very, very stale with poor replay value, awful build/meta diversity and half hearted poor man game mechanics.. I mean even the LFG is poor in comparison to anything else I have played.

Sure they might be hiding extra stuff behind closed doors for the xpac, but I seriously doubt it, if they were I would of expected to see that to be the resoning behind price bands.. not pay another $25 and you get an extra slot, that kinda bad idea smells desperation for revenue to me.

Unfortunately this kind of marketing rip off has left a sour taste for me and I wont be purchasing the upgrade and as the core game finally becomes a dried up prune I will head off into the sunset semi happy that for what I outlayed originally got 3 years worth of funtimes at least.

Posted by: Levitating Cat.8623

Levitating Cat.8623

Hey Anet Devs,
Don’t get me wrong, I love this game and I admire and respect all your hard work to provide us the best content you possibly can. I’ve been playing this game since launch and personally I can’t complain about the expansion price – 50$ is what expansions cost these days and HoT is totally worth the price, especially considering the fact that you’ve been giving us free content for 3 years.

What I am asking for is to treat your veteran playerbase with respect and to give us a choice – whether we want to buy the xpack with another base game OR with a character slot.

I believe it’s a fair deal and not asking for too much.

This slight change would definitely change the grim moods around the veteran GW2 community and raise your HoT pre-order sale. I’m sure you are aware of the current situation – a lot of people are simply boycotting the pre-order even though they’d gladly put their 50$ (or more) in your pockets at this very moment.
Please, consider giving us a choice. We’d be eternally grateful if you did.

With respect,
Yog Sothothe

“You are all weaklings!”

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Value will always be relative. If you feel you’re getting ripped off, don’t buy it.

Posted by: ZaxanRazor.6235

ZaxanRazor.6235

These prices are unacceptable for people who’ve been supporting this game over the last two years.

Give existing players a reduced price and a character slot.

I’m not paying these prices the expansion, no matter how much I’ve been looking forward to it.

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

… and you enjoy getting ripped off??? …

Why would I expect to pay less than any other MMo expansion? WoWs are $50. Heavensward is $50. I expected this would be $50 from the first day.

It’s like expecting a new release retail video game to be $20. Nice wish, but reality is games cost money, and $50 is an average amount for this type of content.

If you don’t like the value, it’s the market, find another place to spend your money.

Posted by: Vunter.6245

Vunter.6245

I of course wish the expansion was cheaper, but I doubt they will change their pricing or what’s included in their current 3 different editions. That all aside many are saying its not worth the 50bucks. Obviously their opinion, but we still have yet to see a ton of stuff that they will include in the expansion so while i agree the price is a bit steep; I would at least wait for the rest of the info.

I do think though their marketing team should have seen this reaction. I also think that they should have added like 1,2 and 3 character slots according to their respective editions. 1 for std, 2 for deluxe, and 3 for ultimate.

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

And now, an altered version of a Simpsons quote:

Comic Book Guy: Last night’s Heart of Thorns price was, without a doubt, the worst thing ever. Rest assured that I was on internet within minutes registering my disgust throughout the world.
Bart Simpson: Hey, I know it wasn’t great, but what right do you have to complain?
Comic Book Guy: As a loyal player, I feel they owe me.
Bart Simpson: What? They’ve given you thousands of hours of entertainment for free. What could they possibly owe you? I mean, if anything, you owe them.
Comic Book Guy: Worst thing ever.

One key thing is wrong with your “quote.” We have all actually spent money on the game….

So how about all those years of free content, which is really what I intended that line to signify?

Posted by: evilunderling.9265

evilunderling.9265

We don’t have a full list of what the expansion will provide, and it doesn’t matter.

People mentally ‘thresh’ MMO content when they play through it. Nobody cares about the chaff, only the wheat.

If ANet have learned anything from the last three years, this expansion might seem small on paper, but it will be aiming for a much higher wheat-to-chaff ratio.

Not that it matters. The hive mind has spoken, and the expac is doomed whatever ANet do by now.

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

The OP totally fails to consider the amount players have spent in the BL store, as well as character slots, etc etc .

£60 (the second, which I will call the ‘standard’ package, is £59.99, or about $93 here, $74.99 in USA) for an expansion with one character slot (basic package is useless, can’t roll a new toon without a slot to roll it in) is a rip off.

I’d expect the £35 version to include all the items and the toon slot (then charge £10 extra if you want a copy of the original game).

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

(edited by Baldrick.8967)

Posted by: Machiavell.7396

Machiavell.7396

Let’s not forget that all HoT really adds will basically just be a new area and a new class.

Someone else posted this in another thread.. Looks like we are getting more then a new area and class. Nice try though

- Core Specs Rehauled
- New Specializations
- New Weapon Skills
- New Post lvl 80 leveling system
- Rumored 5 maps of content
- New Legendaries
- New Wallet
- New Guild Halls
- New Class
- New Armor Skins
- New Weapon Skins
- New Races to go lore nutz about
- New Boss Battle with Mordey (Hopefully better than Zhaitan)
- New WvW map
- New sPvP mode

Almost all that you listed is actually added to base game for everyone. Pure HoT additions are:
- Revenant
- 9 new specializations
- new area
- new legendaries
- some new skins
- new story to play

The rest you listed is included for every basic GW2 account.
And the problem behind uproar is not about content amount, but the LACK of buying upgrade only, FAW fraud “base game needed to play” (was changed ninjastyle quickly), and lack of any appretiation to veterna players, not even giving tham 1 godkitten mere kittylicious character slot…

Unofficial Master Bugfinder and Design Critic.
“He will improve everything that ArenaNet added to infinity and beyond.”

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Core game is a free bonus to a set Heart of Thorns price to incentivize new players to get the game and not have them pay double.

Your post is pointless.

Nobody misses you. Go away.

…while ignoring existing players…..

Ain’t you an Entitled Ethan?

how hard is it to make another purchase option of “xpac only edition” at slightly lower price?

You could always not buy the expansion pack then.

The point is, HoT is $50. Period. If you’re a new player? You get the core game for free.

I bet you weren’t crying when they were selling the core game for $10 on sale when it’s actual price is $30.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Because they are charging $25 dollars more for those perks which include one slot, a $10 value if bought separately. Also a mini, a glider skin, guild hall decorative item and a finisher.

An individual mini is 350-500 gems. Glider skin, I’m guessing 500-600 gems. Finishers are 500-800 gems. No idea how much they will price decorative items. So with the 800 gems for the slot I’m seeing over $25 worth of gems for those items, if they weren’t exclusive. So I’m guessing another 2000 gem future upgrade.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Acharyn.4738

Acharyn.4738

They even put it on sale. Before the edit, several times it was on sale after they announced HoT in the making.

It was as if to say, “Hey, we’re making an expansion. You should get the core, we’re being nice and putting it on super cheap.”

They knew that’s what people would think. That is what people thought. Then they betrayed us.

littlemunster.1059

I don’t know about you, but I’m absolutely kittening thrilled.
I love getting ripped off. Best thing ever.

Mind sending me some in game gold? It’ll help my low level character. Yes, I only have 1 character and it’s still low level. Just pretend you’re getting ripped off. You’ll love it!

The BG Super Munster!

Shifu.4321

The OP totally fails to consider the amount players have spent in the BL store, as well as character slots, etc etc .

£60 for an expansion with one character slot (basic package is useless, can’t roll a new toon without a slot to roll it in) is a rip off.

To be fair, I have not spent a single dime on this game ever since I got it in August 2012.

Posted by: dragosf.3291

dragosf.3291

Why would I expect to pay less than any other MMo expansion?

Self-entitlement. This has been the theme in the last 7 pages of threads.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

^ words of wisdom. (though i’m in the 40$ bucks “gladly” crowd;)

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

They are asking us to pay just about the same price as the base game was on release, for a fraction of the content.

Exactly,i won’t be buying it,not just for that but mostly because they do not listen to feedback,ever..and im so dissapointed in all these skill changes and trait switches and the direction it’s going,besides theyre unable to fix the lag in WvW,add greed and i don’t see why i should buy the exp pack sadly.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Vote with your actions, because the caterwauling here in the forums is not nearly as compelling as a dip in the game metrics.

Good thing a lot of very good games have come out/are coming out, my HoT purchase went from insta buy to maybe after TW3/Fallout4/… from yesterday to today

Exactly. There is NOTHING WRONG with taking a wait and see attitude or holding out for a sale. And the players who stop logging in between now and HoT’s release because they’re no longer in rush to get it will apply a LOT more pressure than all of these threads combined.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Because THIS IS THE EXPANSION PRICE. Live with it. You don’t pay more for the Core game. But reading is hard, I know.

This isn’t a matter of “this is the price” or not. It’s a matter of doing it in a way that doesn’t result in kittenstorms on the internet. ANet is notoriously bad at that.

It’s a matter of perception. I know that perception is very subjective but as I said, manipulating and predicting percetion is part of the job ANet should be doing.

In this case, the perception is that :
- I’m a veteran player, I paid I don’t know how much for the game and currently you can get it for as low as $20 if you do it smartly. I can let that slide since everything lowers in price over time
- The expansion comes out and costs me $50
- The expansion has one of the major features be a new class and it’ll cost me $10 more to play it cause … my char slots are maxed for some strange reason

So, as a veteran, I feel like I’ll have after the HoT purchase spent $80 to get the game, while new players will have spent $50 for more or less the same value. Yes I know it’s not the same thing, those $80 gave me one extra char slot etc… But it’s perception. And the perception currently is that I’ll have to spend $30 more than new players to enjoy HoT.

This is too much plain and simple. Hence the complaints. What ANet should have done is throw us virtual bones that are more or less worthless but shift the value perception to a point where nobody complains. The easiest would be to give a free chat slot to players that already own the core game. It’s shift the value perception by a whole $20 back.

littlemunster.1059

So how about all those years of free content, which is really what I intended that line to signify?

I don’t even have LS content. What free content for those years? I must have missed it all.

The BG Super Munster!

Posted by: darkdomino.9578

darkdomino.9578

They won’t change the pricing because it would involve something reasonable like respecting the community who has been paying your bills and keeping your lights on for the last 2 years.

Fury of the Departed [Fury] – http://www.furyofthedeparted.net

Posted by: Folkwine Del Mark.2367

Folkwine Del Mark.2367

+1
fair solution (more with 2 slots maybe, but ok)

Posted by: dookleeto.3647

dookleeto.3647

i was being sarcastic about free legendaries of course.

What does it matter what a new player gets? you are buying the expansion, you are getting the expansion.

I already said the cost was pricey in the OP, my point was that you are not paying for the base game, its just a bonus for new players.

as for being mindful of my money, I still believe GW2 is good value for money in the long term. And I hardly buy any games at full price, the only recent game i paid the launch price was WoD and city skylines, the rest I get from bundles and in sales.

I bought WoD and 6 months gametime because my friend convinced me to try WoW again. That really was a waste of money. I dont feel that way about GW2.

Posted by: heydurian.6459

heydurian.6459

we was playing this game over 2 years . In our guild about 30guys.
over 70% people don’t want to buy the DLC
It is because newbie can get a free gw2 when they pay $50 to get the dlc
however, anet not care people who support gw2 near 3 years. we need to pay $50 and only have the dlc. we feel
disappointed

Posted by: Loso.6803

Loso.6803

unless there will be upgrade option for 25€ or so, there is no way i am going to pay 50-100 euro for the game again

Posted by: Frost.1503

Frost.1503

How much are you willing to pay for HoT?Which one would like buy? And when?
Example:
How much?
For me(old player):
Standard 30 euro (max)
Deluxe 60 euro (max)
Ultimate 85 euro (max)
Which one?
I probably would take Deluxe or Ultimate at this price.
When?
Now

Shifu.4321

Here’s what most likely happened:

Anet DID plan to make the expansion as a separate purchase from the core game. So they did all these sales so that people would get the game and naturally upgrade to the expansion.

But one day, some marketing or business development guy thought to himself: “If we made the core game FREE with the expansion, that would lure in even more players.” So he makes the core game come free with the expansion, because hell, why not? Of course, they probably failed to consider that a lot of people would be kitten over this, but eh, sometimes that happens.

So kittenty situation, but I don’t think Anet meant any malice.

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Just to inform you that I would not be purchasing HoT at all. The core gameplay is already fun as it is. If I can’t play the Living storyline myself, there is always youtube. True, it is not immersive if you are just watching people play, but do I have a choice here?

USD 50 = 3.7 times my country’s currency.

And I do not feel that opening 1 map with multiple layers plus many new changes to the game is worth that much in the first place.

However, nothing much I can do about it. So I choose not to buy it.

Sincerely,
A Guild Wars 2 player.

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Poor kitty. Being able to buy it in your own currency so you needn’t worry about conversions and fees. How terrible!

How lucky I am for you to patronize me. God forbid I’d like to understand where the discrepancy is coming from.

All said and done, I’ve still not gotten a satisfying answer to why the jump from core expansion tot Deluxe is bigger than it is in dollar. It shouldn’t be.

And even if the 99,99€ deal is still an better deal than buying everything separately, it really should still be a 5€ better deal.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zero euros.

Because I have not seen anything akin to content thus far

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: Machiavell.7396

Machiavell.7396

Give option to buy only expansion with a godkitten free character slot for the hours and bugtesting we did in your game or I swear personally I’m gonna make so much trouble that game will be empty and nobody will play it.

Unofficial Master Bugfinder and Design Critic.
“He will improve everything that ArenaNet added to infinity and beyond.”

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

$50 I’m totally down for. $50 without a character slot? Eff that.

20% of the profession based features is the Revenant, so you buy the Xpan. But you won’t have access to 20% of the features? Not unless you already have an empty slot. Or delete a pre-existing slot, but wait… isn’t Anet adding this new horizontal progression system so you would never need to delete a pre-existing slot? Guess we have to shell out $50 and $10 more if we want to experience all of HoT at launch.

The Character slot shouldn’t be a choice, it should just be.

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

Yeah, adding a character slot to the basic edition would certainly calm a lot of the anger out there.

For me, the price is on the top end of what I was expecting to pay, but I’d rather not have to fork out more cash to make a Revenant, too.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Posted by: Uproller.1849

Uproller.1849

Because THIS IS THE EXPANSION PRICE. Live with it. You don’t pay more for the Core game. But reading is hard, I know.

This isn’t a matter of “this is the price” or not. It’s a matter of doing it in a way that doesn’t result in kittenstorms on the internet. ANet is notoriously bad at that.

It’s a matter of perception. I know that perception is very subjective but as I said, manipulating and predicting percetion is part of the job ANet should be doing.

In this case, the perception is that :
- I’m a veteran player, I paid I don’t know how much for the game and currently you can get it for as low as $20 if you do it smartly. I can let that slide since everything lowers in price over time
- The expansion comes out and costs me $50
- The expansion has one of the major features be a new class and it’ll cost me $10 more to play it cause … my char slots are maxed for some strange reason

So, as a veteran, I feel like I’ll have after the HoT purchase spent $80 to get the game, while new players will have spent $50 for more or less the same value. Yes I know it’s not the same thing, those $80 gave me one extra char slot etc… But it’s perception. And the perception currently is that I’ll have to spend $30 more than new players to enjoy HoT.

This is too much plain and simple. Hence the complaints. What ANet should have done is throw us virtual bones that are more or less worthless but shift the value perception to a point where nobody complains. The easiest would be to give a free chat slot to players that already own the core game. It’s shift the value perception by a whole $20 back.

Sums up the saga really well. All anet has to do was to change their wording here and there and throw in some sweets for current players and everyone will be throwing their 50 dollar bills without complaining.

It’s not the pricing that is problematic – its how people perceive that they are getting the shorter end of the stick as compared to a new player.

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I don’t understand why people are raging so hard. I mean yes $50 is quite a lot but it almost seems like nobody here has ever bought another game before. Let’s have a look shall we:

Evolve: $60 Pre-purchase
GTA V: $60 Pre-purchase
ArcheAge: $50 Founderspack
Sims 4: $60 Pre-purchase
WoW Mists of Pandaria: $40 Pre-purchase
Wildstar: $56 Pre-purchase

And so forth…. and if you think you get way more content for that you’re terribly misinformed. From the glimpse we seen of HoT we’re almost, virtually getting a new game and knowing Anet they will probably add tons of more, FREE content thereafter.

People keep complaining all the time how they would pay a subscription if it meant more content, then they give you a big chunk of content at a reasonable price in comparison to the rest of the market and people complain???

You would’ve easily paid about $300 by now if you had to subscribe and WoW even still makes you buy the expansion ON TOP of that. I think it’s appalling that people had this game with TONS of free content for TWO years and they STILL want everything just handed to them??? Do you WANT Arenanet to go bankrupt? Come on people… get real…

I know paying so much money sucks but this is the reality of the gaming market. GW2 is a triple A title and is the most popular after WoW. This is an amount completely to be expected in line with most other games of this quality or even lesser quality (Like ArcheAGe). If you want to buy it for cheaper wait for a sale….

As for the paying for the base game, you’re not paying for the base game you’re paying for the expansion as they have explained. New people just get the old game for FREE which is more than people can say for the WoW base game, I clearly remember that some expansions you got free but still had to pay for the rest.

Now can we all go back to talking about how awesome the Guild Halls and Arena thing looks!

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

darkdomino.9578

The content I’ve seen so far warrants 15 bucks at best. Show me something that’s worth 99 bucks and I’ll gladly pay it. Right now, they’re just banking on fanboys who are so desperate for new content they’ll pay anything. Well guess what Anet, you’re not the only MMO in town and people have plenty of choices.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

This is what bugs me the most. How is it possible that I am not able to fully enjoy the new features without paying another extra 10€ or deleting one of my characters?

Give us an option to buy:
1. HoT with the base game
2. HoT with 1 character slot

Both for 45€. Then you have me. Until then, see you in other FULL games for the same price. You are trying to rip us off and it is really NOT okay.

darkdomino.9578

Europeans pay more because you have VAT.

Posted by: Jinesis.3782

Jinesis.3782

The downloading its self is free. Unlocking it cost money.
Now, go somewhere else to troll.

Posted by: Acharyn.4738

Acharyn.4738

If we have the core game, we get an extra char slot even for the cheapest expansion selection I hear.

The problem with that is, the core is not worth 1 char slot. It’s worth 5 and a whole game.