A suggestion for us with high ping in HoT

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Rackenspiel.9062

Rackenspiel.9062

Dear Anet. Please just put a small rock on some updraft ledges so players with high ping can access the rest of the map. Knowing that portions of the map is locked to me permanently unless I move my home elsewhere is very discouraging.

Holding space and using lean techniques don’t work with 300 to 400 ping. I don’t know the mechanics and difficulty of placing a small rock on key places but maybe you can make specific updrafts just a teensy bit lower?

Posted by: Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

I have permanent 400 ping and is impossible for me to use this updraft to get the nearby hero challenge.

so ya need anet to make updrafts a bit lower or put a rock like op said.
If not I will need to cry for a Mesmer to come and portal me.
Gliding, jumping mushrooms are all fun and all but with lag is a different story

Attachments:

[DIE] Death is Energy

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I have problems with updrafts and laylines sometimes due to lag as well. The latency is Australia is pretty annoying sometimes. We expect fibre next year, I’m hoping that helps some.

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Ya Australia need better internet :P
Been living here for 1 year big difference from when I played in Europe.
Activities like sanctum sprint are impossible to play here :P

[DIE] Death is Energy

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

I have permanent 400 ping and is impossible for me to use this updraft to get the nearby hero challenge.

so ya need anet to make updrafts a bit lower or put a rock like op said.
If not I will need to cry for a Mesmer to come and portal me.
Gliding, jumping mushrooms are all fun and all but with lag is a different story

You have alternate way to get up there by normally climb up the great tree. That shortcut is really strict on gliding lag.

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

oh is it?
thanks gonna check it out

[DIE] Death is Energy

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Our high ping in Australia is also the #1 reason why I would like ANet to rebalance adventures to allow more time/leeway. It’s really frustrating when you see other players getting Gold by using little tricks or techniques that rely on skills firing off instantly, but which never, ever work for you because our split-second delay means that we always just miss the platform/jump etc. You KNOW you have the skill to get it if you were just on an equal playing field, but you can’t for factors out of your control.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I have problems with updrafts and laylines sometimes due to lag as well. The latency is Australia is pretty annoying sometimes. We expect fibre next year, I’m hoping that helps some.

It should help a lot! I just moved out of a fibre area and I’m really noticing the difference. Not in a good way.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Elwing.7319

Elwing.7319

The updraft just beyond the fallen tree near the Chak Hollow Waypoint in Auric Basin (required for the final step of Predator’s Path, part of the Personal Story) is impossible with high latency. Were it not for a kind Mesmer helping me out I’d be stuck on this step. If the updraft was slightly longer, reaching lower, or there was an alternate means to get on top of the tree (a bouncing mushroom, perhaps, or the use of one to lead to a higher jumping point further away to hit the updraft) would fix it.

I’m dreading Hearts and Minds, where it looks like you have to instantly hit an updraft to avoid widespread AoE in the final encounter.