AFK raiders ruining Verdant Brink meta

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

You need to move the entrance to the raid to its own instance. Having half the map afk waiting for a raid kills the map.

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

Yeah, this and the LFxM spam is very annoying. Move the access to the raid to its own area. Also make a new subgroup for Raiders in the LFG.

(edited by FLiP.7680)

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Verdant Brink map chat is now the “Looking for Raid” channel -_-

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

It is now.

Give it a week or so.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

This is just one symptom of a bigger problem. We need the ability to choose a specific map instance/server.

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

havent done vb meta in a while, though as one of the few hundreds that managed to go to raids that brief morning of bw3 i find the LFM zerker dps in map channel fun because i know that team is going to get their existence owned (some ppl really think they can defy anet claim of zerker meta not working for raid and go full zerker team into raids)

Posted by: luzt.7692

luzt.7692

Agreed, show us a list of all the megaservers with a bar that shows the population in %.
In other games these are usually called channels, but it’s not exactly the same.

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

It is now.

Give it a week or so.

They will always be there. It needs its own instance.

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

They should just put a portal in LA, similar to the one for fractals. It does break a bit of immersion but currently more damage is done by ruining efforts of people trying to work on VB meta.

Celtic Lady.3729

They should just put a portal in LA, similar to the one for fractals. It does break a bit of immersion but currently more damage is done by ruining efforts of people trying to work on VB meta.

Well, if we could just walk into the raid area and congregate in there and wait for groups, etc, then it wouldn’t affect VB, would it?

I guess that would be one solution if the location HAS to be in a HoT map.

Posted by: vonbladewing.5973

vonbladewing.5973

Raids need there own instance waiting map

Captain Commander of a Sky Edge Piracy

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

So I was raging for 3 weeks about inactivity and stupidity of players in VB who are the reason that I still didn’t get a single bladed coat box and instead of lowering the requirements or improving megaservers you actually made it even worse by turning VB into a staging area for raids? …I don’t have energy for this anymore. Good bye Verdant Brink. Never again.

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

So I was raging for 3 weeks about inactivity and stupidity of players in VB who are the reason that I still didn’t get a single bladed coat box and instead of lowering the requirements or improving megaservers you actually made it even worse by turning VB into a staging area for raids? …I don’t have energy for this anymore. Good bye Verdant Brink. Never again.

I am usually all for the “developers know what they are doing” approach. But to be honest when I first entered VB zone today after patch and I looked at that entry portal with all those people in front of it, one of my first (if not THE first) thoughts was “wow, this is going to seriously mess with VB meta”. Makes me really wonder how such things get past the quality assurance.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

A raid lobby seems like an easy solution to the problem. Have the entrance to said lobby where the current portal is now and let everyone wait around in there for raids.

It’d be a win-win, really. People trying for the VB meta wouldn’t have to worry about people waiting on raids reducing their chance of success, while people who want to raid would have a dedicated area to put groups together, chat, and tweak builds without having to put up with the VB meta chat.

Posted by: traviswrdunbar.4780

traviswrdunbar.4780

Maybe because before there was the option of more people coming in and participating in the meta events. Now, not only are the events not getting done, but with raiders sitting there, map slots are taken, preventing new people from entering.

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

I’m amazed they didn’t put the portal in LA with the rest of the instances.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

If you look at the world map, you can see a little space between Verdant Brink and Spirit Vale that looks like a corridor.

So this space can become an independent corridor map.

Posted by: rrusse.7058

rrusse.7058

Please make another map between Verdant Brink and the Vale for people trying to set up for the raid. Verdant Brink will become a massive lobby for raid entry if nothing is done.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

The last SAB had a lobby instance after entering into the portal, where you then made groups and went into the different stages. It is quite sad (not surprising, but sad nonetheless) that they didn’t foresee to use their own existing tech/framework for raids as well considering it is obvious that this would be an issue for the entire map and its event structure.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: abasedfear.6051

abasedfear.6051

Two major problems with raid grouping in a map requiring large-scale participation: AFKers and map auto-dormancy. The first problem is discussed in great detail already on the forum; a lack of participants slows the map-meta. The second problem hasn’t been discussed that I’ve seen, but put simply, when raid groups leave the map (the exodus!), the servers render the map dormant, ushering players to new maps. When this happens (and you know people will chase the volunteer buff), progress into the map-meta is lost (new map, fresh start). I had this second problem happen twice in a 30-minute span—not even half of the day-night cycle—and couldn’t even finish a single meta-chain.

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

It is now.

Give it a week or so.

They will always be there. It needs its own instance.

Unless raids fail once the novelty of them wears off.

Normally I don’t hope for content to die just because I don’t enjoy it. But when it harms people trying to do other content, then it’s actively hurting my enjoyment even when I’m not doing it.

Especially if ANET plans to have other raids accessed from other maps.

(edited by Snoring Sleepwalker.9073)

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

When raids fail they’ll have to retune them (example: all mmos) to try to lure people back to them, the problem will return.

Def needs its own instance.

Magumer Ranger

Posted by: Eros.6801

Eros.6801

Anet please VB is one of my fav meta map, it teach ppl they need to work hard on their own and listen to other to get the map win !!

Please put the portal somewhere else !!

Posted by: Sadu.9541

Sadu.9541

+Push!
One could think one might have known…

Posted by: Faab.8049

Faab.8049

I’m amazed they didn’t put the portal in LA with the rest of the instances.

You mean like the dungeon entrances that are all in LA? Or all the story instances that can be accesses from LA?

The dungeons didn’t have entry lobby area’s either, so that is probably their example. Fractals the same thing. But those maps also don’t have Meta Events that require everyone in the map to participate. So I agree that they need to add a lobby of sorts like the final story step of HoT. Or move the portal to a non-sensible location as LA.

Posted by: Doug Whisper.2465

Doug Whisper.2465

As I suggested in another thread, ANet can create a few place holder guilds for people to run meta events. The mega server will group the players to the right maps accordingly.

Posted by: smiling.9028

smiling.9028

First it was the Spider farmers, now it’s the raiders… what excuse will be next for the low participation in the meta events that players are avoiding because of poor rewards?

Raise the rewards and the organization and participation will increase drastically in the LFG tool.

Posted by: Stoaga.8190

Stoaga.8190

Enjoy waiting 3 weeks until they even consider fixing it, RIP VB with the meta

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

agree w/ OP………..this is bad.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Pugs will never clear the raid so they will try few days and once the understand its not going to happen, they will stop trying. Just do other maps while the hype wears off.

Posted by: erbourguet.4378

erbourguet.4378

but you new it……. Anet!!

Posted by: jacceb.7918

jacceb.7918

This will be fixed if they do an lfg for raids, it’s way easier than moving the raid to an own instance.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

LOL, how can’t you get a single bladed coatbox? I got already 4 and salvage the rest. Just LFG and find a full map, it’s super easy. Gives a box every time you kill all 5 bosses which always happens when map is full, even with about 7mins left.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I am always put into a map with AFKers and no-brainers. No matter what LFG map i choose.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I am usually all for the “developers know what they are doing” approach. But to be honest when I first entered VB zone today after patch and I looked at that entry portal with all those people in front of it, one of my first (if not THE first) thoughts was “wow, this is going to seriously mess with VB meta”. Makes me really wonder how such things get past the quality assurance.

As a guess, play testers work on one thing at at time. When they’re playing the zone they’re not raiding and vice versa.

And unless they have literally hundreds of people on the test server, and we don’t know that they do, what are the odds they can even beat the meta at all? And what are the odds people will be trying to when they’re testing raids? Just seems a lot less likely on the test server.

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

Another fine example of lack of experience in their own game and no overall joined up thinking.

Just make a portal in LA and remove it from VB, or make a lobby as it’s own instance so VB has a chance of completion for those that are just getting there.

Does quality control no longer exist? Was the budget spent promoting spvp ‘pro’ league?

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

I agree with the instanced lobby thing. What makes it worse is that at night there is a defend camp event right where the portal is at. And with so many people standing at the portal it scales that event up a ton. So those who want to do the event there basically can’t. Not that it’s a huge deal but it’s still poor placement in my opinion.

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

It is now.

Give it a week or so.

It will only get worse as more raid wings are added.

I would say I’m surprised that ANet didn’t see this coming. But nothing they do surprises me anymore.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: silverek.2984

silverek.2984

It’s not just ruining verdant brink.

Almost every map is now abandoned and your only chance is probably looking for any group that taxi you where people actually do events and stuff.

Posted by: Loxias.2375

Loxias.2375

At this point they are throwing modes at the game like cooking pasta and hoping something will stick to the wall. From my perspective, it looks like raw pasta and a messy wall. I’m waiting to buy dinner until they hire better cooks (devs) or cut the price in half.

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

I pretty much agree entirley with this, we need to keep raiders “out” of the PVE maps and let them be part of their own little world.

Move the Instance to LA or something, just keep them out of VB, they’re disrupting the map completion.

Posted by: Hakuryuu.8634

Hakuryuu.8634

I am entitled to my VB Meta rewards but those raiders are not entitled to the entrance – they have the LFG tool. ANet, this is a real problem that needs to be addressed immediately.

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

I am entitled

This should be the name of the expansion. When the smoke clears and all of the elitism and entitlement has settled we are going to have a seriously toxic community divided into the casuals and the extremists.

I really hope Anet wakes up and realizes soon that 90% of their player base has no interest in spending months getting slaughtered in failed meta events and raids that in the end give little or no rewards.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: luzt.7692

luzt.7692

I am entitled to my VB Meta rewards but those raiders are not entitled to the entrance – they have the LFG tool. ANet, this is a real problem that needs to be addressed immediately.

I know you are just immitating someone.
And hopefully you can see the bigger picture, as in you being part of both the two groups you mentioned above. You can do raids and you can do the meta event, while doing the meta event doesn’t immediatly influence the results in Raids, it does vica versa.
I knew right away, that when I was standing at the raid entrance waiting for my party to gather, I was also taking up slots for the meta event going on.

None of the groups can be blamed. Only Anet can be blamed for this oversight and it should do the game and themselves good to come up with a solution as soon as possible.

(edited by luzt.7692)

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

Move it to Lions Arch so we can do other things while we are waiting for a full group.

Celtic Lady.3729

LOL, how can’t you get a single bladed coatbox? I got already 4 and salvage the rest. Just LFG and find a full map, it’s super easy. Gives a box every time you kill all 5 bosses which always happens when map is full, even with about 7mins left.

It doesn’t give a box when you kill all 5 bosses. It only gives a guaranteed box when you have T4 at night AND enough participation.

And it’s not “super easy” to get a full map or a full map that finishes to T4. I’ve been on plenty of full maps that didn’t even make it to T3. The LFG may help, but it’s not a guarantee of anything.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Just saw for myself how bad it is. Absolutely no one was doing the night events in Verdant Brink, not even the Pact Rally Points right outside the main entrance, and the map chat was full of LFR requests.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: hardy.7469

hardy.7469

I imagine in a month or so, they’ll realize how stupid the set up is and put a portal in Lions Arch.

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

As a guess, play testers work on one thing at at time. When they’re playing the zone they’re not raiding and vice versa.

And unless they have literally hundreds of people on the test server, and we don’t know that they do, what are the odds they can even beat the meta at all? And what are the odds people will be trying to when they’re testing raids? Just seems a lot less likely on the test server.

This is not failed play testing. This is corner cutting, this is “designed by committee”. I am beginning to think it is their hubris.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Posted by: Zerikin.1593

Zerikin.1593

It doesn’t give a box when you kill all 5 bosses. It only gives a guaranteed box when you have T4 at night AND enough participation.

And it’s not “super easy” to get a full map or a full map that finishes to T4. I’ve been on plenty of full maps that didn’t even make it to T3. The LFG may help, but it’s not a guarantee of anything.

I’ve never seen a T4 VB and with the raids good luck with anything short of a guild run since it’s the LFG waiting room for raids. An entirely foreseeable outcome.