ANET, Hold my beer

ANET, Hold my beer

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

I got this!

Look, you need to add a new option for the expac. An expac only option. If you want to charge $49.99 for it, be my guest, I would suggest you give a lot more detail, a lot more quickly about the size of this expansion. It’s replay-ability, how many zones, dungeons, raid-type content? New fractals? From a content release, how does it compare to your last true expac, EOTN?

I can accept some inflation on pricing, but just justify it a bit more than you have. The Guild Hall announcement was amazing. It’s like you read my mind. Pretty much everything I wanted appears to be going into Guild Halls. But that’s been completely overshadowed by the pre-purchase boondoggle. And a boondoggle it is.

Here’s how to fix it: Have a new player and existing player option at the $49.99 price point.

New Player Option
-this is exactly what you can get now, base game, title, beta access and HoT expansion when it comes out.

Veteran Player Option
-Requires you to already own Guild Wars 2
-includes the Title, BETA Access and HoT expansion on release… AND…
-1 Character slot
-1 Bank Slot upgrade (for all that new loot you’re about to get)

That is all, carry on. Also, any player who already purchased option one and owned the game prior to doing so gets automatically upgraded to the Veteran Player option.

thanks!

Sanctum of Rall

ANET, Hold my beer

Posted by: AWACS.6537

AWACS.6537

I got this!

Look, you need to add a new option for the expac. An expac only option. If you want to charge $49.99 for it, be my guest, I would suggest you give a lot more detail, a lot more quickly about the size of this expansion. It’s replay-ability, how many zones, dungeons, raid-type content? New fractals? From a content release, how does it compare to your last true expac, EOTN?

I can accept some inflation on pricing, but just justify it a bit more than you have. The Guild Hall announcement was amazing. It’s like you read my mind. Pretty much everything I wanted appears to be going into Guild Halls. But that’s been completely overshadowed by the pre-purchase boondoggle. And a boondoggle it is.

Here’s how to fix it: Have a new player and existing player option at the $49.99 price point.

New Player Option
-this is exactly what you can get now, base game, title, beta access and HoT expansion when it comes out.

Veteran Player Option
-1 Character slot

That is all, carry on. Also, any player who already purchased option one and owned the game prior to doing so gets automatically upgraded to the Veteran Player option.

thanks!

They don’t want to do that.
Especially since they WANT you to get gems to ‘upgrade’ your account, like character slots and bank slots, so you’ll spend extra money to get those. Also, they’re being really dodgy with questions about content, which makes me feel like they know it’s not really worth $50, probably less.

No.

ANET, Hold my beer

Posted by: serenity.4712

serenity.4712

I would be okay with only an additional character slot. But your way works also =p

ANET, Hold my beer

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I’d be fine with getting the HoT upgrade key and Base Game key separated. Then I could have a second, base account to either use for myself or give to a friend and use the HoT upgrade on my account.

ANET, Hold my beer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

I would be okay with only an additional character slot. But your way works also =p

agreed….even though a new character slot should have been built into the expac

base game for new players….character slot for existing players….price stays the same.
seems fair/reasonable

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

ANET, Hold my beer

Posted by: Amlodhi Ilmarinen.4083

Amlodhi Ilmarinen.4083

Veteran Player Option
-1 Character slot

I would happily give ANet $50 right now this instant for that.

ANET, Hold my beer

Posted by: QuickFox.4591

QuickFox.4591

I would love to see Pixels idea implemented to stop this mass of…. bickering? Yeah, let’s go with bickering. But, AWACS has a pretty good point. ANet is going to want players to spend more so they can turn in more of a profit, and so it seems no extra character slot for all our new Revenant. So sad to part with a character that you’ve spent hours leveling =’(

And, the fact that they haven’t said or announced anything about the complaints and the lack of release date is iffy. So I don’t think this will let up for a while…hopefully I’m wrong on that.

If we had a choice, I’d vote for your idea, Pixels.

ANET, Hold my beer

Posted by: Channel.9402

Channel.9402

Well they might not have anything else to annouce ^^
As for me i’d rather have those vet bonus in gems as not everyone will need a slot or bank slot for the new expansion.

ANET, Hold my beer

Posted by: Skittles.7830

Skittles.7830

I’d be fine with getting the HoT upgrade key and Base Game key separated. Then I could have a second, base account to either use for myself or give to a friend and use the HoT upgrade on my account.

THIS!!!! SO MUCH THIS!!! If the base game is just a free add on then why isn’t everyone who is getting the expansion ALSO getting a “FREE” game? I was told many times growing up nothing is free and I don’t think there is an exception here.

ALL IS VAIN
Vial of Salt [VoS]

ANET, Hold my beer

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

I’d be fine with the gems. I really want to see them give a better overview of the content in the expac launch and a road map for what they plan to release over the life of HoT.

Sanctum of Rall

ANET, Hold my beer

Posted by: Foreign.3062

Foreign.3062

Especially since they WANT you to get gems to ‘upgrade’ your account, like character slots and bank slots, so you’ll spend extra money to get those. Also, they’re being really dodgy with questions about content, which makes me feel like they know it’s not really worth $50, probably less.

Well, if they don’t do something.. they are going to lose money either way.

The Foreign (Anything).

ANET, Hold my beer

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I got this!

New Player Option

Veteran Player Option
-1 Character slot

thanks!

Well let’s he honest Anet is always dodgy with information, they play it close to the chest and do the weekly hype thing.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!