ANET going back on their word

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

It’s funny to see the “hardcore” crowd accusing everyone who criticised the 400HP mark of whining and crying while they are the only ones actually whining and crying right now.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: hathreyn.4138

hathreyn.4138

This is a good thing, you now no longer need to grind the multiple 4 million exp masteries to unlock all the hero points on all four maps anymore.

You only need all 40 hero challenges on a character that is going into the expansion with less than 10 available hero points, meaning little to no map completion has been done. This is the thing I don’t get, having played multiple MMOs and been in betas for a few I never expected a max level character out of the gate I knew I had to earn it. I also knew that if an expac is coming up the smart thing to do is get characters I plan to play ready to go whether that means learning a crafting profession, earning gold to start out or exploring for map completion. There is an old saying a failure to prepare on your part doesn’t constitute an emergency on my part. The expac was announced over 6 months ago, people had time to work on map completion, to get alts ready. Them choosing not to shouldn’t mean that Anet nerfs content to cater to them. To me it belittles the effort of the people that already unlocked it, I have 100% central Tyria map exploration on 3 characters and am working on my fourth. I have chronomancer 100% done and would already have 213 extra hero points when I finish Magus Falls map exploration, now I’ll have 363 with the change and nothing to spend them on. If Anet is smart the next expac will have elite specs at 400 points and they’ll keep them there.

Posted by: Jehovazilla.5849

Jehovazilla.5849

Rubbish. My first character/main had 213 after Map Completion and thats with maxing everything. at 250 he could have Druid almost immediately. An Elite spec, unlocked, 20 minutes into the release of the new content. thats bullkitten, thats too easy. it should be HARD. you shouldnt come out the gate at 90%. 250 HP to an elite is too easy and I hate that its to easy. Its not special anymore, it doesnt show you mastered Maguuma, multiple zones, and put 40 hero loci of work into your character. it cheapens it.

Bully for you! None of my characters had world completion, so… for your almost immediately, I’m still looking at work. Especially on my mesmer, who has like 30% completion (I had 60 extra points when HoT launched, thats it). NO ONE except a minority is coming “out the gate” with 215 HP.

You know what shows you mastered Maguuma, etc? That little mastery point number by your name. And the fact that, well, YOU know you did. Or did you just want a silly status symbol? Lease a Porsche. Let me play my kitten Reaper, you can go work on a legendary, or work on masteries, you sleep well knowing that you know you don’t suck, because who gives a crap what other people think.

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

What I’m reading is “I took time off from (work/school/life) to grind out 400 points, and now I feel like a chump.”

I for one am happy that I will get to play my elite specialty in HoT and not after it when there is no point.

If specialties were “end-game” then they should have been drastically OP’d for PvP/WvW/Dungeons/Raids.
It’s just a trait line and a weapon folks; it’s not like they gave us all precursors!

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

You know Revenant characters don’t exactly have 100% world completion without a massive effort right hathreyn.4138?

During that six months people could have been say stock piling level up books from SPVP and hunting skins/gear for their planned new character.

To be told that your brand new character needs to do all the old content before it can progress in the new content, just to access one play style. Was a bit much.

Posted by: Anowyyn.2304

Anowyyn.2304

If they broke this easily, this early who knows what else they will give in on? I’m disappointed, but I have faith they’ll come around.

This is a good change for some people, and I’m glad that some folks are happy. But if the loudest get their way every time (a lot of posts in a thread is not a majority), who knows what will be next.

Come on Anet. It’s too early for this. Go back to being awesome, don’t be like Blizzard.

At least Blizzard knows where the majority of their money comes from (casuals) and usually changes things as they see fit. WoD was a terrible hardcore expac that lost 5+ million customers and they way they’re scrambling to implement successful older systems back into play says a lot. Legion looks like it’ll be one of th ebest casual expansions released yet.

Even saying that and with nerfs, Blizzard still makes the hardest PVE content of any MMO I’ve played. Sames goes for Diablo, try doing a 50+ greater rift as a monk or crusader solo.

I still hope Anet gets the common sense to make multiple difficulty raids as I still feel catering to one type of player is a foolish business decision and will be another hard lesson learned when they eventually have to change it.

I played the hell out of D3, I’ve done 60+ rifts solo, and my group was doing in the 70’s before HoT, it’s not ‘hard’ content necessarily, but that’s a whole other beast right there…

FFXIV has harder PvE content than WoW does. I played the hell out of WoW since it came out, went back for WoD and got pulled through some of the ‘harder’ content and promptly left again. I love WoW, lots of good memories but the game is gone PvE wise for me. I’ll go back for pet battles and to continue experiencing their story which I love though! I wish more games had pet battles…

If they introduced multiple difficulty levels on content I’d be so very happy. But I’m also in the crowd that wants more dungeons and at this point I’m not sure that’ll ever happen

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

Just to point out today I finished the story of HoT without getting the two stupidly grindy masteries required for some of the Hero points, I had all that could be got without tier four or higher grinding, and without a succesfful map wide meta event on the first three maps. And I was still not able to play a Dare devil, because I was lacking grand master traits.

I had essentially completed the game, and still not been able to play thief in a way that wasn’t three years old.

When the patch hits I can play my new thief, in a new way. And my Warrior with world completion can try out berserker without repeating content that I did at the weekend.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Please please please ANET. Stand your ground. Weren’t Masteries and Unlocking Elite Spec supposed to take longer than getting to level 80 in the base game? Why are you folding to the elite spec complaints and not doing anything about the mastery farming?

Masteries were, nothing was ever said about elite specs which Colin actually addresses in his post.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I am also disappointed that the “I want it now and I’m going to cry until I get it”-fraction wins again…
And now they will feel justified and will keep whining until they get legendaries as login rewards.

Beautiful example of a ridiculous Strawman argument.

After the 250 HP update, people won’t get their Elite Specs right away. 250 HPs still require time and effort for most people to get.

In fact what we’re seeing is that only “hardcore” players who likely don’t have jobs, or are students, or are generally people with a lot of time spare to play this game were the only ones who were able to unlock their Elite Specs straight away.

People such as yourself who make childish non-arguments towards “whiners” (and by “whiners” you mean the majority of people criticising a legitimately bad game feature) most likely fall into the above category, and as such ignorantly fail to recognise the fact that many players cannot afford more than 1-2 hours per night to play this game due to real life responsibilities that consume a lot of time.

Many of the, as you say, “whiners” on here have in fact been saying the same thing: keep the “earning” aspect there, but reduce the unnecessary grind. Not a single person on here has asked for their Elite Spec to be handed to them straight away. Grow up.

Anyone who calls someone a child on a forum or tells people to grow up should plainly be ignored. Resorting to insults is not constructive or adding anything to a conversation and shows your opinion toward those who disagree with you.

The only thing I will add to this is that just because -you- feel it’s a bad game feature, doesn’t mean it is. That’s an opinion.

So what is someone who makes strawman arguments and labels everyone who disagrees as whiners?

Should that person be listened to?

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I am also disappointed that the “I want it now and I’m going to cry until I get it”-fraction wins again…
And now they will feel justified and will keep whining until they get legendaries as login rewards.

Beautiful example of a ridiculous Strawman argument.

After the 250 HP update, people won’t get their Elite Specs right away. 250 HPs still require time and effort for most people to get.

In fact what we’re seeing is that only “hardcore” players who likely don’t have jobs, or are students, or are generally people with a lot of time spare to play this game were the only ones who were able to unlock their Elite Specs straight away.

People such as yourself who make childish non-arguments towards “whiners” (and by “whiners” you mean the majority of people criticising a legitimately bad game feature) most likely fall into the above category, and as such ignorantly fail to recognise the fact that many players cannot afford more than 1-2 hours per night to play this game due to real life responsibilities that consume a lot of time.

Many of the, as you say, “whiners” on here have in fact been saying the same thing: keep the “earning” aspect there, but reduce the unnecessary grind. Not a single person on here has asked for their Elite Spec to be handed to them straight away. Grow up.

Anyone who calls someone a child on a forum or tells people to grow up should plainly be ignored. Resorting to insults is not constructive or adding anything to a conversation and shows your opinion toward those who disagree with you.

The only thing I will add to this is that just because -you- feel it’s a bad game feature, doesn’t mean it is. That’s an opinion.

So what is someone who makes strawman arguments and labels everyone who disagrees as whiners?

Should that person be listened to?

^Sanest person on this thread.
Suddenly many “hardcore” players come out of the woodwork to accuse everyone who did not agree with them of whining and crying. Only to start whining and crying about it themselves. Hippocrites of the year.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Turbotef.9203

Turbotef.9203

I played the hell out of D3, I’ve done 60+ rifts solo, and my group was doing in the 70’s before HoT, it’s not ‘hard’ content necessarily, but that’s a whole other beast right there…

FFXIV has harder PvE content than WoW does. I played the hell out of WoW since it came out, went back for WoD and got pulled through some of the ‘harder’ content and promptly left again. I love WoW, lots of good memories but the game is gone PvE wise for me. I’ll go back for pet battles and to continue experiencing their story which I love though! I wish more games had pet battles…

If they introduced multiple difficulty levels on content I’d be so very happy. But I’m also in the crowd that wants more dungeons and at this point I’m not sure that’ll ever happen

50+ GRs are still pretty kitten hard and are not to be trivialized. I also play FFXIV over WoW and like it more but its raids aren’t as hard as Mythic raids in WoW. Its dungeons are harder though along with its casual raids.

As for GW2 and dungeons, yeah, huge lost opportunity that I went into in a few other threads. If they had a proper random queue system in place I’m sure dungeons would have stayed super popular like they are in WoW and FFXIV (and a few other MMOs).

No dungeons and no variable difficulty raids are the reasons I haven’t picked up HoT yet. Waiting for a $20 sale now. The open world content is worth that much at least.

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

OMG thats not fair people get to play their elite spec at the start of the expansion content instead of the end! /violin

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

Am I the only “casual” who dislikes this change? I was quite enjoying playing the game for a few days working to unlock it. I almost got to 400 points too. And now all that hard work is being invalidated because a bunch of people want instant gratification. If you play casual, stuff takes longer. I like it that way.

Plus, the whole “QQ wins again” makes me fear for the future.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Am I the only “casual” who dislikes this change? I was quite enjoying playing the game for a few days working to unlock it. I almost got to 400 points too. And now all that hard work is being invalidated because a bunch of people want instant gratification. If you play casual, stuff takes longer. I like it that way.

You still have the same number of HP you earned before. You also still have the option to not play the elite spekittenil you have earned 400 points.

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

100% agree.

Dengar.1785

You still have the same number of HP you earned before. You also still have the option to not play the elite spekittenil you have earned 400 points.

What on earth makes you think a “refund” makes me feel better about putting in effort that gives absolutely nothing?

And “pretending it still costs 400 hero points” is incredibly short sighted. Since other people are still getting the same stuff I get. Except they don’t get to lift a finger for it.

Posted by: MrH.2591

MrH.2591

I’m not sure how you can class yourself as casual if you already have nearly 400 HP since HoT release.

morrolan.9608

What on earth makes you think a “refund” makes me feel better about putting in effort that gives absolutely nothing?

And “pretending it still costs 400 hero points” is incredibly short sighted. Since other people are still getting the same stuff I get. Except they don’t get to lift a finger for it.

People up above are talking about strawman arguments I suggest you take a look.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I said nothing about a refund.

No pretending. If someone feels that 400 HP is the appropriate cost for the elite, then they can choose to not play it until they have earned it.

What other people have is none of your concern.

No one gets anything without lifting a finger.

Its not as if we are talking about something that required overcoming some great challenge or skill to earn.

MrH.2591

No one forced you to play all day, every day since release.

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

It’s funny to see the “hardcore” crowd accusing everyone who criticised the 400HP mark of whining and crying while they are the only ones actually whining and crying right now.

What’s funnier is the so called hardcore don’t actually understand that they did it in EASY mode being with the first wave of meta players flooding the zones. Wait until they try doing a poorly geared alt with no map complete through at off peak without meta classes pushing the zones and events.

Dengar.1785

I’m not sure how you can class yourself as casual if you already have nearly 400 HP since HoT release.

Hm… Lets see… I spend hours idling in Lion’s Arch, or wherever I am really, just talking to people. I only have 3 ascended armor pieces and no ascended weapons. I have 500 in only one crafting discipline. I have a severe distaste for anything grindy, and therefore avoid things like dungeon farming for gold. I have two alts, neither of which I play very often. World completion on my main is less than 50%. I also have barely played the game at all before the expansion came out, because I ran out of fun stuff to do. I complained about the idea that the minimum requirment for raids would be full ascended.

Yeah… I’m fairly sure I’m casual. I’m fairly sure you’re overestimating the amount of effort needed to get the points.

No one forced you to play all day, every day since release.

I didn’t even have that kind of time. O_o

MrH.2591

Hm… Lets see… I spend hours idling in Lion’s Arch, or wherever I am really, just talking to people. I only have 3 ascended armor pieces and no ascended weapons. I have 500 in only one crafting discipline. I have a severe distaste for anything grindy, and therefore avoid things like dungeon farming for gold. I have two alts, neither of which I play very often. World completion on my main is less than 50%. I also have barely played the game at all before the expansion came out, because I ran out of fun stuff to do. I complained about the idea that the minimum requirment for raids would be full ascended.

Yeah… I’m fairly sure I’m casual. I’m fairly sure you’re overestimating the amount of effort needed to get the points.

All that stuff you listed is irrelevant, you’ve still nearly earned 400 HP since release thus you have not been playing the expansion casually. And I’m not overestimating anything, it has been all I’ve been working on since release so I know exactly how much time it takes and you’re playing considerably more than me, and I’ve been playing more than the average casual.

Dengar.1785

All that stuff you listed is irrelevant, you’ve still nearly earned 400 HP since release thus you have not been playing the expansion casually. And I’m not overestimating anything, it has been all I’ve been working on since release so I know exactly how much time it takes and you’re playing considerably more than me, and I’ve been playing more than the average casual.

Regardless of how much you actually played, there is no way for you to know how much I’ve played. You’re making an awful lot of assumptions. Which aren’t true. And you refuse to take people’s word for it as if they’re lying. That’s no way to hold an argument.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Please please please ANET. Stand your ground. Weren’t Masteries and Unlocking Elite Spec supposed to take longer than getting to level 80 in the base game? Why are you folding to the elite spec complaints and not doing anything about the mastery farming?

Because it’s just fundamentally unfun grind that ruins the experience. It’s especially punishing to people with a lot of alts.

I for example have 27 characters and it will take me forever to unlock elite specialization on them even at 250 points.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

I for example have 27 characters and it will take me forever to unlock elite specialization on them even at 250 points.

So… don’t?

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

MrH.2591

Regardless of how much you actually played, there is no way for you to know how much I’ve played. You’re making an awful lot of assumptions. Which aren’t true. And you refuse to take people’s word for it as if they’re lying. That’s no way to hold an argument.

Sure, but considering the amount of XP you need just to access most of the hero points I know you’ve been playing a lot, if you want to tell me the XP fairy grinded for you while you slept then you got me, I can’t prove otherwise.

Dengar.1785

Sure, but considering the amount of XP you need just to access most of the hero points I know you’ve been playing a lot, if you want to tell me the XP fairy grinded for you while you slept then you got me, I can’t prove otherwise.

? I only have the 6 mastery levels.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Those people should not be playing a game if they barely have time for anything

If “those peole” weren’t playing a game, there wouldn’t have been a game in the first place – it would have bombed years ago.

I’m a full time university student and I work two jobs. According to my birthday booster I’ve only played 18 hours of HoT. I have dragonhunter unlocked as of 24 hours ago.

18 hours of actual play… in 3 days. And you say “only”…

Cause it’s time to trivialize things!!! People have learned that with enough amounts of crying they can get WHATEVER they want.

Like raids?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

until they get legendaries as login rewards.

Yeah, I hear they’re adding legendaries to the login rewards next month…

lol

Puh-lease.

I think there’s a term for this.

MrH.2591

? I only have the 6 mastery levels.

Then how did you get nearly 400 HPs? You must have done WvW or Tyria?

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

They’re going back on going back on their word. Their word was that it wasn’t a game about preparing to have fun, the 400 hero point cost to unlock a playstyle that you enjoyed while playing as one you may very well hate was going back on that.

Dengar.1785

The only ones I can’t get to are like the one or two that are in poison regions, and maybe one or two that you need leyline gliding for? Plus the 100 or so points I started with.

MrH.2591

The only ones I can’t get to are like the one or two that are in poison regions, and maybe one or two that you need leyline gliding for? Plus the 100 or so points I started with.

Well there you go, you started with 100. So you’ve played less than you made it seem by saying you nearly had 400. Mystery solved.

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

The world has changed in one day

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

So… don’t?

That’s a nonsense argument. The point is people with alts will be punished with a bunch of unfun grinding. “So Don’t” is not a valid solution. I can simply say “So Don’t” when it comes to requiring a lot of hero points for elite specialization as well.

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

You were not expected to be playing through HoT the first time with the Elite Spec, it was expected that you would use your Elite Spec on a second play through. I knew that the ~200 HP I had on my 6 characters was NOT going to completely unlock the Elite, how did I know that, I listened and read what Anet had to say in the lead up to HoT. No matter them saying they didn’t clearly state the intent, it was. I knew the Beta unlocks were only for testing purposes to get feed back and find bugs/issues. This is a problem with everyone having short attention spans and not comprehending what they are being told. All of this was known to us, everyone just ignored the signs…so you get what happened, the number of points needed reduced. I no longer have incentive to even do the majority of Hero Challenges in HoT for any of my characters, I’ll just do enough of the Communing ones to reach 250 and viola’, complete.

(edited by Zaklex.6308)

morrolan.9608

You were not expected to be playing through HoT the first time with the Elite Spec, it was expected that you would use your Elite Spec on a second play through.

Second play through? You mean got through the maps doing the events? 1st, 2nd or 3rd play through don’t have much meaning when the game is relatively open world like HOT is.

And who said that anyway?

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Posted by: wolfram.8291

wolfram.8291

I was okay with the 400 point unlock, but a whole lot of people weren’t, so I can unerstand why anet went this direction. It’s a compromise that keeps the progression element, but adequately addresses the percieved lack of reward for doing all those old world hero points, and gives people the option of getting in to Hot and playing it with a fully functional elite spec on their belived and most accomplished characters.

It’s a good half measure. They’re still retaining the idea that the elites require significant play investment in a character, but better rewarding preparation and giving options.

I would have been sad to see them go account bound or permanent unlocks, but this method is pretty alright. You still have to put in a good amount of effort on a character to hit that unlock, but if you already put in a lot of effort it’s better rewarded now, and if it isn’t you have good options for the current and future elite specs. Get them fast by doing more challenging content, or get them slow by doing a lot of core points and a few easy 10 point challenges.

This means, as we move forward and more and more elite specs are released, you have good options for alts, and good long term progressions for characters you care about having every single one.

250 is a pretty nice sweet spot for still keeping it a meaningful amount of progression, but not making that progression feel like a lengthy gate with not much choice in how to accomplish it.

I understand what you’re saying, but I don’t think this was the right solution.

The biggest problem I have with it is that this is a sign that this will FOREVER be the standard.

GW2 will always be about instant gratifiaction. It makes me worried about raids.

I’m worried about the game as a whole not just raids based on this.

The idea that it was taking too long four days after launch doesn’t make sense to me. Four days isn’t long enough for people to really get a sense of how things will be in the long run. Once I had some masteries under my belt and a decent understanding of the maps, getting those points became a lot easier. Each character after will be faster because I’ll have masteries that expedite the process and I’ll know the maps better every time through.

Now if you’ve done the preperation, you can immediatly have the elite spec for exploring the jungle. It feels like using a bunch of tomes to get to 80 and then playing the game. I guess this is the point where most of us differ. I voted for progression.

You also talk about the lack of reward for doing old world hero challenges which agree with. However, I think now they’ll be even more trivialized because you can get so many in the Maguuma that you don’t need many old world points.

What if they just balanced the amount of points you get from each challenge accross all the maps so that difficult challenges reward more points and easy challenges like the channeling ones give less. Then you could take your time getting a lot of easy ones and a few kittenes. Or you could quickly get all the kittenes and a few easy ones.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

You were not expected to be playing through HoT the first time with the Elite Spec, it was expected that you would use your Elite Spec on a second play through.

According to who?

These people that invent reasons for why it’s the way it is are kind of funny since the real reason it’s the way it is has been painfully obvious since about one hour after HoTs launch.

It’s content padding and that’s it.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

Zaklex.6308:

I really wouldn’t want to rely on you making the correct pick in a line up.

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

It’s becoming easier to point out who only uses one or 2 toons at most….

1-2 toons: “400 points is balanced, everyone else is a scrub and doesn’t want to work for elites”…

3-5 toons: “400 points is a little high, guess I’ll have to delete or forget a few to get this class to elite spec”

5-20 toons: “kjgkjhdfljhdglbhljbhdkfjgb WHY DID I BOTHER TO SPEND SO MUCH ON CHARACTER SLOTS ILL NEVER BE ABLE TO FREAKIN LEVEL OMGJGVADSKLJFH;KJ”

With 20+ toons I still feel like “WTF MAKE HERO POINTS ACCOUNTBOUND LIKE MASTERIES AND WVW RANKS!”…but now I’ve got at least a chance to unlock every specialization once…with lots of “WvW” grinding (also known as EotM xD).

BTW stop calling it elite. Even with a 400 hp grind it wasn’t elite…just grindy.

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I thought they nerfed EOTM into the ground and it’s no longer viable…?

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

Lol to Cerpin’s comment. But honestly, I suppose I can understand why they are doing it, but to be frank, it’s more “challenging” if they don’t change it.

Challenging? you mean gaining the unlocks as time based? don’t see how thats challenging.

If you’d actually had to complete really challenging boss encounters or something sure, but I don’t see it as a challenge atm. but of course thats my personal opinion

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

Posted by: Widowmaker Z.4802

Widowmaker Z.4802

*You were not expected to be playing through HoT the first time with the Elite Spec,

2nd play through? This isn’t an arpg, I assume you’re talking about the story. How many people are going to play through it more than once on one character? Yea some will to complete the achievements and what not, but it’s not expected that people play through a 2nd time with the same character.

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

This is simply a miscommunication issue in 3 parts.

1. ELITE Specs aren’t actually ELITE, that’s a marketing concept to sell an expansion. I see a lot of kittens getting upset that they can’t be considered ELITE, but it’s a profession mechanic used to sell The Xpac, relax. The Specs will NOT be more powerful than base Specs, I guarantee it. Remember Anet desperately want to GW2 to be an eSport and PvE and PvP are are the same builds.

2. Many people actually thought eSpecs would be available at launch like any other profession. A few months ago we didn’t even know and by we I mean everyone, so don’t blame new players for being upset that they can’t play something that likely brought them to GW2.

3. WvW only players (who by the way are straight up hardcore and skilled) who never bother with PvE were being required to grind far more than the PvE side of the fence and that was unexpected.

In the end they’re just new class mechanics, they aren’t ELITE that’s just a tag line. For me the gating of eSpecs on my classes wasn’t “fun” so I welcome the change.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

(edited by Aidenwolf.5964)

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Complete rubbish. My first character/main had 213 after Map Completion and thats with maxing everything. at 250 he could have Druid almost immediately. An Elite spec, unlocked, 20 minutes into the release of the new content. thats bullkitten, thats too easy. it should be HARD. you shouldnt come out the gate at 90%. 250 HP to an elite is too easy and I hate that its to easy. Its not special anymore, it doesnt show you mastered Maguuma, multiple zones, and put 40 hero loci of work into your character. it cheapens it.

20 minutes for map completion? “Complete rubbish”, as you say.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Those people should not be playing a game if they barely have time for anything
Personal life problems of some people should never have any kind of impact on things like this, and it’s a shame cause most of the people who are also enjoying the expansion are playing the game or using their time with other important things, instead of flooding the forums and reddit with whining.

Nice, having a job and a family is now considered a personal life problem You do a very good job showing Bryce’s point.

I too, got a chuckle out of that post. The term “clueless” comes to mind.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: illustriouz.2594

illustriouz.2594

Keep whining, maybe they will cave and lower amount of precursor mats! A boy can dream!

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

The biggest problem I have with it is that this is a sign that this will FOREVER be the standard.

GW2 will always be about instant gratifiaction. It makes me worried about raids.

The best solution would have been to restructure the training steps to give you all the utility skills first, the traits. I think that would have stopped a lot of complaints. It would also fix the problem Heralds had where they didn’t have alternative skills to use

This is a good idea!