AP Hunting - any tips for HoT?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

Mainly I want to know:
1. Which masteries should I unlock first if I’m going for all the achievements?
2. Should I focus on some more because later it might be harder because no one will be doing it anymore?
3. Any list of items I should get to unlock collectibles?

And any of your suggestions.

Posted by: Chpoit.6498

Chpoit.6498

I like gliding, gliding is fun. Bouncy bounce shrooms are fun too.
Don’t just rush achievements, it gets boring fast, you should play through the metas on each map 3-4 times and run around getting hero points and such, you’ll be getting a bunch of points that way, once you are bored with that, you can go re-do the story on other chars to get more rewards and try to get the achievements that way.
Masteries aren’t a must for about 90% of the HoT maps.

If you really want to grind masteries, what I recommend is getting lvl 1 of each, that way you can use all the basic transportation things the masteries offer you and you can trhow in updraft in there (seriously, it’s the best).
As for a list of items, if you have multiple lvl 80 chars, try getting the elite specs unlocked on each so you can start the elite specs collections and gather the stuff while you run around (some require adventure rewards and they wont unlock retroactively, might be a bug, I dont know), apart from that, the game pretty much gives you all you need as you play and you only have to go after a couple particular things when that is done.

To make the exp grind less boring, if that’s the route you’ll go down, run a celebration booster, you get them on 1 year old chars, I personaly have over 20 of them and I’ve been using them because it makes the leveling experience feel much better.

But remember, try to have fun, yes it might be fun to have everything unlocked in a week, but then all you have left to do is play the TP (and people wrongfully hate you for that ), or redo old content. If you feel bored in HoT maps, just go do fractals and level pact tyria masteries that way. I hear autoloot is awesome when it doesn’t make you crash.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Gliding 6
Itzel 4
Exalted 4
Other Frogs 4

I think every mastery point or gate i’ve found can be overcome by that set of masteries. You should be able to get every achievement with those.