AP reset idea

AP reset idea

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: dobri.7820

dobri.7820

I had an idea:

Lets Get an AP reset whit HoT

And the AP- ladder for GW2 (original) will be saved and we can see who did it best for the original game.
when the next exp comes we can get a reset again

the reward track (for AP) will stay at the Achieved position so we can continue to get the next tier of rewards and skins.

do we start form 0?
No!
any permanent achivement done like weapon master/ slayer/ and so on- will stay
so we can continue whit them.
so General, Competitive and Collections AP stay

and we get rid of Historical, and Daily AP
and we can gather new dayly AP after HoT

The only problem is whit Story Journal AP because if you have done them you can’t get them again, so vets can’t get them and new players can
so here are some solutions:
- Make them repeateble – so to earn them again we need play the season again after the expansion to get the AP again
- Make them to give reward point for the track of rewards (for ppl that haven’t done them) but not actual AP
-or make them give AP for GW2 (original) ladder

TL;TR

Lets reset AP From Historical, and Daily
and keep only General, Competitive and Collections AP at HoT’s start
And keep the position for rewards that we have atm

Attachments:

AP reset idea

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

I had an idea:

Lets Get an AP reset whit HoT

And the AP- ladder for GW2 (original) will be saved and we can see who did it best for the original game.
when the next exp comes we can get a reset again

the reward track (for AP) will stay at the Achieved position so we can continue to get the next tier of rewards and skins.

do we start form 0?
No!
any permanent achivement done like weapon master/ slayer/ and so on- will stay
so we can continue whit them.
so General, Competitive and Collections AP stay

and we get rid of Historical, and Daily AP
and we can gather new dayly AP after HoT

The only problem is whit Story Journal AP because if you have done them you can’t get them again, so vets can’t get them and new players can
so here are some solutions:
- Make them repeateble – so to earn them again we need play the season again after the expansion to get the AP again
- Make them to give reward point for the track of rewards (for ppl that haven’t done them) but not actual AP
-or make them give AP for GW2 (original) ladder

TL;TR

Lets reset AP From Historical, and Daily
and keep only General, Competitive and Collections AP at HoT’s start
And keep the position for rewards that we have atm

You need a new calendar – today isn’t April 1st

AP reset idea

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

If this ever happened I’d burn my Rytlock statue.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

AP reset idea

Posted by: Nick.7259

Nick.7259

I don’t understand what problem a change like this would solve.

Also I have already done all General stuff on my toons, mapping and personal story on my 8 lvl 80s (one for each profession) etc etc – what would possible be gained from “forcing” me to redo it? (I know plenty of people have done them more times and I know it’s completely of my own will but but….)

Achievement Points are there for people who like collecting, they don’t mean much more than showing the dedications to collect. What on earth is the gain in getting rid of peoples, and mine, collections?

AP reset idea

Posted by: jessiejay.3625

jessiejay.3625

nope, this is a bad idea. why suggest such a terrible idea

Ms Jessie ~ Captain Jess, 2012
FracTonic|OmniPot|Golden Arms
Ad Infinitum & The Ascension

AP reset idea

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

um okay.

I don’t really see any reason to do this, and I’m not sure what it would achieve.

AP reset idea

dobri.7820

getting rid of old and un-achievable poinds will motivate even the new players to try and get in the achivement-hunt idea.

adding new expansion gives a new start ideas for may ppl. And starting the rase again will motivate some people to care for AP-s more.

when I talk whit my friens, that bougth the game latter than me:
‘why don’t you care to do som JP, and some activities to get an extra AP. ’
they often tell me:
‘ohh u know I misst ….. (Historical AP) and I can’t get as high as * * * * * /top 100 AP- Huner-players/ so why should I care at all.’

+ if a new player comes in GW2 and asks how can I get to 20k AP we can only tell him:
‘you can’t’
he can’t compeate whit anybody it is unfair and not fun.

we have this race for AP for 2y+ so I think we are at the Finish line now and a new rice can begin

+ we (vets) still have a lead from new-players but this lead is not un-reachable and set in stone. So even a new person can join in the AP race and eventualy win it when a new 2nd expansion comes and new reset is made.

I’m not talking for the new ppl that will come whit HoT only
I’m talkin for all people that came in the game not from day 1 and 1st leving word events
so even some ppl that consider them selfs vets (1y and older) can benedit from this
and YOU Don’t LoSe AnYtHiNg

(edited by dobri.7820)

AP reset idea

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

NO, a ret peep terrible idea.

Anyone who suggests this has absolutely no clue about, how the AP System functions and whats all behind of it in regard of an own reward System thats linked to the AP System.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

AP reset idea

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

well, I see what you’re saying, but the idea of not bothering with AP because you’ll never be top tier sounds a little strange to me. sure, you might never be top tier, but that’s not such a bad thing. AP has two main functions in game:

• shows how much experience you have
  • dropping some sweet loot every 500 points.

for the experience thing, no-one’s ever looking for the highest possible. it’s usually just looking for players over 5000AP, and it’s used to determine if a player’s likely to have enough experience with the game.

for the loot, you just keep going as far as you can.

and on both fronts, a reset would do more harm than good. I’ve often seen 4000-5000AP described as a threshold for assumed competency, and there’s nothing to stop newer players achieving this. in fact, a reset would simply make it harder to kitten a player’s experience.

AP reset idea

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

I consider suggestions like this the height of cheek.
While I would have liked the AP leader-board to function as (perm+historical) only that is not the case and it would be incredibly unfair to the players who put effort into the system that existed.
And did you really think this was the best time to post this? Veteran players have been feeling like their abilities and privileges haven’t been respected for quite a while some of which has come to a head over the HOT. So you want to add a suggestion to further lower their status?

You join an MMO late? were unlucky? Didn’t attend a once off event? sucks for you , you permanently miss out on some of the rewards, That is how it works heck its why some people play. But from when you play you have a chance at future limited time rewards in this case the AP.
There has to be rewards for veteran players otherwise you’d just constantly bleed players, and for it to be a reward for a veteran player it has to be a reward the non-veteran player doesn’t get.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

AP reset idea

Posted by: Undeadkemea.4865

Undeadkemea.4865

Tickle my buttocks and call me Samantha!

Have you gone mad, good sir?

AP reset idea

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Attachments:

AP reset idea

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

adding new expansion gives a new start ideas for may ppl. And starting the rase again will motivate some people to care for AP-s more.

when I talk whit my friens, that bougth the game latter than me:
‘why don’t you care to do som JP, and some activities to get an extra AP. ’
they often tell me:
‘ohh u know I misst ….. (Historical AP) and I can’t get as high as * * * * * /top 100 AP- Huner-players/ so why should I care at all.’

Making content (for example JPs) more rewarding would be a much better way to motivate people to do that content rather than resetting APs. Players will do the JPs again and then the problem will repeat itself.

AP reset idea

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Anet would love this idea. They like to screw over veteran players.

Hello darkness, my old friend.

AP reset idea

Posted by: Jitsuryoku.9038

Jitsuryoku.9038

AP is one of few things that keeps people logging in and doing dailies, if you reset those with each episode you would kill the game (literally). Your idea is just as good as “Let’s delete all Legendaries people have with each season and see who had the most (top 5 probably hang themselves or end up in mental hospital)”

AP reset idea

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

There are way better reasons to play this game than AP score.

AP reset idea

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Yeah, lets do this! Veterans are upset that they’re being neglected over new users. The clear response is to wipe their progress so new players can pass them! /s

1/10 would not respond seriously.

AP reset idea

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Sounds like a terrible idea which would make many vets quit
(I have 28k+ AP)

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

AP reset idea

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Sounds like a terrible idea which would make many vets quit
(I have 28k+ AP)

Looks like it will fit gw2 very well.

Attachments:

AP reset idea

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

Hey, while we’re at it lets reset everyone to lvl 80 green crafted gear and lock all their skills again. That’s bound to keep people busy for months, specially those pesky veterans.

AP reset idea

dobri.7820

Yea…. You are so missing the point

1 we won’t wipe all AP’s
just the part of them that are not doable any more
and the daily portion of them

2 you wil still be abble to say I Have 2* * Ap for the original GW2
3 u wont need to redo anyting we did *

AP reset idea

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Yea…. You are so missing the point

I think you’re missing the point. This change would do nothing but enrage the community.

You’ve never even said why someone joining the game three years after launch should be able to catch up in AP. There’s no reason for it. You have a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.

AP reset idea

Posted by: SmudgerUK.4715

SmudgerUK.4715

In the grand history of bad ideas, this one is right up there, or down there or even out there, in whatever direction bad ideas generally head off in.

AP reset idea

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

I like this idea. Perfect to complement the fractal reset. Do it ANET!