About Guild Halls Im confused

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Icewolf.6790

Icewolf.6790

Will we be able to take our guild halls on launch date? Im hearing so much bout we need favor to access the guild hall.. But from what I have read favor is used to upgrade things and repair it not used to access the taking of the guild hall.. I know if i read correctly that you will need to pay 100g but that was it to start the encounter to take it back.. Is there anything else that is needed to start that instance?

Posted by: righteousdude.3974

righteousdude.3974

I sure hope it is just the 100g to launch the quest. Getting everyone pumped to be online at the same time to run this on opening weekend!

On a related note, I hope at some point in the future, the guild claiming mission could be replayable (and free, of course) as a way to let other guildmates share the adventure who miss out on the actual claiming mission.

Magnus Sigmundsson, co-captain, Black Lion Expeditions
righteousdude.3974
http://ble.guildwork.com/

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

It will require some Favor as well. You might be able to make enough with the first mission batch, but no promises from ANet on that.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I sure hope it is just the 100g to launch the quest. Getting everyone pumped to be online at the same time to run this on opening weekend!

On a related note, I hope at some point in the future, the guild claiming mission could be replayable (and free, of course) as a way to let other guildmates share the adventure who miss out on the actual claiming mission.

You can replay the Expedition, for 100 Gold and the required Favor. You will have to if you ever want to change Guild Halls, anyway.

See pertinent Guild Chat video for more information.

Good luck.

Posted by: righteousdude.3974

righteousdude.3974

Clearly if a guild is going for the mission to unlock the other guild hall then they would pay again.

My hope would be to be able to re-run the original guild hall claiming mission just for the mission itself, no new rewards. This would enable guild members who miss out on the one-time event to experience the mission at some point in the future.

Magnus Sigmundsson, co-captain, Black Lion Expeditions
righteousdude.3974
http://ble.guildwork.com/

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

You need favor and 100g for the expedition.

Anet has not stated exactly how much favor.

I am betting it is far more favor than people assume it is, and we will have a multi-page thread of people whining about it.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ