please no rng

and very limited grind / repetition.

About Raids

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Svarcanum.5028

Svarcanum.5028

please no rng

and very limited grind / repetition.

In order to avoid repetition they are designing 365 different raid instances I heard

About Raids

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Raids we told you all we getting raids….

About Raids

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

source please

/charrrr

About Raids

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

About Raids

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

please no rng

yes it would be much more nicer if they just keep this to a mmo . but some how i do not see it . and we can only wait and hope but if they do add more rng leg,s hope it,s a small version or something lol

About Raids

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

thanks for the source

About Raids

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

please no rng

yes it would be much more nicer if they just keep this to a mmo . but some how i do not see it . and we can only wait and hope but if they do add more rng leg,s hope it,s a small version or something lol

I would be fine with a subset of RNG items. Say, maybe 20 items you have a chance to get, but only one drops at a time and they are all significant (like ascended weapons or something). Having a chance at literally anything in game is troubling most times.

About Raids

ham.8209

please no rng

I would be fine with a subset of RNG items. Say, maybe 20 items you have a chance to get, but only one drops at a time and they are all significant (like ascended weapons or something). Having a chance at literally anything in game is troubling most times.

agreed and having drops with ascended weapons or mats of some kind . could make it maybe more better and some how kinda more worth it .but yet we have to just wait and see . but i will say it be nice if Anet did shut down the rumor mills a bit LOL

About Raids

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I hope it want be some 20 man crap what take 5+ hour to complete that what I most fear of.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

About Raids

ham.8209

I hope it want be some 20 man crap what take 5+ hour to complete that what I most fear of.

yeah really that 5 hour to get done would be putting a very super bad tastes in all our mouth,s

About Raids

Posted by: boomtap.6921

boomtap.6921

As long as the loot is balanced with the rest of the game, it won’t be a problem. If the loot you need to succeed at the rest of the game can only come from raids, then it gets sticky.

About Raids

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

I imagine there will be RNG loot, but it’ll just be skins, i dunno, well see tomorrow.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

About Raids

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Yep, tomorrow! We’ll find out what came of
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/cdi/CDI-Guilds-Raiding/first

So if your feedback in this thread is a repeat of what was in the CDI 10 months ago, you might see your concerns addressed ….

About Raids

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

And 99% of the time the reward would be a chest full of greens and blues? And a spoonfork? Splendid idea.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

About Raids

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

What would be the reward here? We’re already going in with top level stuff…

About Raids

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

I -hope- it’s just a set of weapon skins, like the Fractal set. Or a mini or two.

If they add raiding-based gear progression to this game, I’d gain 25GB of hard drive space real quick, at least.

Tarnished Coast

About Raids

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I -hope- it’s just a set of weapon skins, like the Fractal set. Or a mini or two.

If they add raiding-based gear progression to this game, I’d gain 25GB of hard drive space real quick, at least.

There won’t be another gear tier added to the game, at least in HoT, but probably for the rest of the game’s lifetime, so don’t worry about gear progression. They may add something like Agony though (I hope not) to limit how much you can play and what you can do.

The thing I’d have no problems with if they use Mastery points for this type of content. So players cannot access it when they first go to HoT but they first need to earn some specific mastery points before playing. This would mean players won’t rush to it, before first understanding the new HoT mechanics.

About Raids

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

There won’t be another gear tier added to the game, at least in HoT, but probably for the rest of the game’s lifetime, so don’t worry about gear progression. They may add something like Agony though (I hope not) to limit how much you can play and what you can do.

The thing I’d have no problems with if they use Mastery points for this type of content. So players cannot access it when they first go to HoT but they first need to earn some specific mastery points before playing. This would mean players won’t rush to it, before first understanding the new HoT mechanics.

They could even make multiple paths and hinder some of them not by dialogue choice in the beginning but by needing a specific mastery to progress that way.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

About Raids

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

Ascended drops from these raids please. Either directly from the chests/bags or from guaranteed tokens collection from bosses. Not everyone is into gold farming and crafting.

(edited by Substatic.6958)

About Raids

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I could see raids dropping ascended level gear.

Unfortunately I could also see raids dropping unique stat sets like POW, prec, tough or POW,tough,ferocity.

But time will tell. I just hope raids become a part of the game and not the whole game, I have seen to many mmos over the years where raids become the soul focus of the game and just suck up all the development time and become the primary focus of class balance.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

About Raids

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Sure, cool, guy leeches the whole raid then drops an ascended weapon and links it in map chat.

Way to go!

Seriously, WoW has ruined mmo. GW2 is right on track: tokens and merit. You do stuff = you earn things. No luck involved (not much at least).

About Raids

Posted by: xinkspillx.3914

xinkspillx.3914

I was a progression raider in WoW for a few years but quit because it began to feel like a job. I’ve been very apprehensive about trying it in other games because I’ve grown so weary of power creeps and the pressure that can come with them, but I’m excited to see Raids coming to Guild Wars 2.

I have faith in the ANet team to stick to the foundations and promises they’ve laid down and provide us with a different way of raiding. A greater focus on large scale content sounds good to me, since I’m a big fan of World Bosses already. I’m curious of the scale of these raids.

Two things could make or break Raids though, reward quality (a wealth of new skins, please!) being better than the horrible RNG the game already has, and ensuring that Raids don’t become the be-all-end-all of endgame content . . . other alternatives need to be maintained and worthwhile.

Other than that, I’m super anxious to hear what they have to say!

About Raids

Posted by: boomtap.6921

boomtap.6921

That is where it gets hard to balance. I feel like they will have a solution though.

About Raids

Substatic.6958

Sure, cool, guy leeches the whole raid then drops an ascended weapon and links it in map chat.

Way to go!

Seriously, WoW has ruined mmo. GW2 is right on track: tokens and merit. You do stuff = you earn things. No luck involved (not much at least).

Cool guy leeches SW, WorldBosse, or Events (all which are easier to afk) and then buys mats for an ascended after a week.

Way to go!

Oh wait…..

How about we allow people to get ascended in Raids, and those who don’t like Raids can continue to farm gold and craft for their gear? Raids are practically confirmed at this point, I’m sure no one want them dropping more salvage junk. Exclusive Skins would also be nice.

(edited by Substatic.6958)

About Raids

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Untill ANet tells us what they mean by “raid” that word.might not.mean what we think it means.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

About Raids

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Untill ANet tells us what they mean by “raid” that word.might not.mean what we think it means.

Do tell Brother, what other definition of raid could possibly pertain to an MMORPG?

About Raids

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Personally, I’d like to see a raid encounter be something along the lines of the Teq fight, but with a prescribed number of people. It would require coordination and everyone knowing what their job was, but without hours of slogging through to get to the good part.

About Raids

BrotherBelial.3094

Do tell Brother, what other definition of raid could possibly pertain to an MMORPG?

How should I know, I’m not ANet. There idea of a raid might be a world boss that has an army on its side, and you have to hold.off the army and kill the boss at the same time. ANet have also said they do not want content locked off behind instances. They’ve said it many times CJ has said it quite a few times since they announced HoT.

But if you and everyone else want to think raid means WoW stile raid content, you’re probably setting your self up for disappointment.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

(edited by BrotherBelial.3094)

About Raids

Posted by: DevilLordLaser.8619

DevilLordLaser.8619

But if you and everyone else want to think raid means WoW stile raid content, you’re probably setting your self up for disappointment.

Literally everyone who uses the word RAID[!!!] doesn’t want WoW-style content.

What they actually want is for ArenaNet to just take the RAIDZ[!!!] directly out of WoW, lift them straight from the game code, and do the absolute minimum amount of clean-up necessary to plug them into GW2 wholesale. They don’t want WoW-‘style’ raids, they want to replay Onyxia or Molten Core or whatever-else-they-fought in Warcraft, straight-up. Patent-infringement level stuff.

Don’t need five hours and forty guys to do it? Haven’t been doing it for well over a decade already in Warcraft? Well, then It’s Not Good Enough™.

It’s why an unfortunately smaller-than-required subset of GW2 players have been trying to figure out if there’s any other way of doing endgame content that isn’t replaying WoW RAIDZ[!!!]. It seems we’ve run out of time. Oh well.

Hope you guys like pandas.

About Raids

BrotherBelial.3094

Literally everyone who uses the word RAID[!!!] doesn’t want WoW-style content.

What they actually want is for ArenaNet to just take the RAIDZ[!!!] directly out of WoW, lift them straight from the game code, and do the absolute minimum amount of clean-up necessary to plug them into GW2 wholesale. They don’t want WoW-‘style’ raids, they want to replay Onyxia or Molten Core or whatever-else-they-fought in Warcraft, straight-up. Patent-infringement level stuff.

Don’t need five hours and forty guys to do it? Haven’t been doing it for well over a decade already in Warcraft? Well, then It’s Not Good Enough™.

It’s why an unfortunately smaller-than-required subset of GW2 players have been trying to figure out if there’s any other way of doing endgame content that isn’t replaying WoW RAIDZ[!!!]. It seems we’ve run out of time. Oh well.

Hope you guys like pandas.

I don’t even know what point you are trying to make.

About Raids

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

How should I know, I’m not ANet. There idea of a raid might be a world boss that has an army on its side, and you have to hold.off the army and kill the boss at the same time. ANet have also said they do not want content locked off behind instances. They’ve said it many times CJ has said it quite a few times since they announced HoT.

NO one is asking for WoW style raids (vertical progression based raids….)
Anet KNOWS that is not what we want..
There is nothing wrong with Raids – the content/mechanics of those raids are an absolute blast and its some of the most fun i’ve ever had with a group of friends.
The problem was it was all vertical progression based. Thats what ppl don’t like about raids. The raid itself is fun and loved by many.

However, you are setting YOURSELF up for disappointment if you believe this will be open world content….

First off, there is already PLENTY of open world stuff to do.
An OPEN WORLD RAID would be redudant.

You know what there isn’t enough of ? instanced content for pve. Only dungs (basically dead and abandoned by anet dev team) and fracs

we will know tomorrow for sure

About Raids

Posted by: DevilLordLaser.8619

DevilLordLaser.8619

Simple, really.

People are f***in’ stupid, and if these RAIDZ[!!!] aren’t exactly like WoW RAIDZ[!!!], there will be hue and cry and QQ and great frothing nerdrage.

Telling hint – not a soul who talked about RAIDZ[!!!] prior to this announcement ever talked about things like, oh, say…the Fissure of Woe. Or the Domain of Anguish. Or Urgoz’ Warren, or the Deeps, or any of the elite-zone areas they did in Guild Wars 1. Places that were a ton of fun, extremely rewarding, quite challenging (for a while. Nothing’s challenging forever), and also uniquely Guild Wars.

Nope. They want a five-hour slog, followed by one singular gigantic boss, who can only be damaged properly by pulling levers scattered around the zone (“MECHANICS!!”), and who can only be survived by having a bunch of dudes in plate standing in front of him, while a bunch of dudes stand behind those dudes spamming redbar ups, while a bunch of other dudes stand behind the second bunch of dudes hitting their one-button damage rotation macros.

It’s disgusting, it infuriates me, and it’s incredibly dismaying that ArenaNet decided on RAIDZ[!!!] as their elite endgame content and not elite zones like they did in GW1. We’ve all lost out in that deal, and I firmly blame the transplanted WoW players who need to go the Gehena back to WoW and play the game they actually want to play ELSEWHERE, instead of wrecking this one.

About Raids

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

Simple, really.

People are f***in’ stupid, and if these RAIDZ[!!!] aren’t exactly like WoW RAIDZ[!!!], there will be hue and cry and QQ and great frothing nerdrage.

Telling hint – not a soul who talked about RAIDZ[!!!] prior to this announcement ever talked about things like, oh, say…the Fissure of Woe. Or the Domain of Anguish. Or Urgoz’ Warren, or the Deeps, or any of the elite-zone areas they did in Guild Wars 1. Places that were a ton of fun, extremely rewarding, quite challenging (for a while. Nothing’s challenging forever), and also uniquely Guild Wars.

Nope. They want a five-hour slog, followed by one singular gigantic boss, who can only be damaged properly by pulling levers scattered around the zone (“MECHANICS!!”), and who can only be survived by having a bunch of dudes in plate standing in front of him, while a bunch of dudes stand behind those dudes spamming redbar ups, while a bunch of other dudes stand behind the second bunch of dudes hitting their one-button damage rotation macros.

It’s disgusting, it infuriates me, and it’s incredibly dismaying that ArenaNet decided on RAIDZ[!!!] as their elite endgame content and not elite zones like they did in GW1. We’ve all lost out in that deal, and I firmly blame the transplanted WoW players who need to go the Gehena back to WoW and play the game they actually want to play ELSEWHERE, instead of wrecking this one.

Nothing to add to this post, really. Truth. Spoken.

I loved FoW, UW and the other endgame GW1 areas, too. I will just sleep and hope that what they will announce tomorrow is FoW 2.0. Not that boring scripted garbage I will hate WoW for all eternity for inflicting on the MMO genre.

Tarnished Coast

About Raids

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

being better than the horrible RNG the game already has

What? Are we playing the same game? Everything in gw2 is so easy to get compared to other games. You can be horrible at the game and still have endgame stuff, because it’s just so casual. And no one will even ask you to have 10 legendaries and everything ascended to run something in this game. Plus there’s no inspecting either.

Try playing some other game with incredible RNG, like Tera for example, and then complain.

About Raids

Substatic.6958

being better than the horrible RNG the game already has

What? Are we playing the same game? Everything in gw2 is so easy to get compared to other games. You can be horrible at the game and still have endgame stuff, because it’s just so casual. And no one will even ask you to have 10 legendaries and everything ascended to run something in this game. Plus there’s no inspecting either.

Try playing some other game with incredible RNG, like Tera for example, and then complain.

I think he’s talking about the actual boss drops, in which case he’s right. Salvaging everything for gold to get your gear would be kind of unfitting for Raids.

About Raids

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Salvaging everything for gold to get your gear would be kind of unfitting for Raids.

And yet that’s what we’ll likely get.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

About Raids

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Inb4 Dragons are raids and they remake Zhaitan…

About Raids

BrotherBelial.3094

NO one is asking for WoW style raids (vertical progression based raids….)
Anet KNOWS that is not what we want..
There is nothing wrong with Raids – the content/mechanics of those raids are an absolute blast and its some of the most fun i’ve ever had with a group of friends.
The problem was it was all vertical progression based. Thats what ppl don’t like about raids. The raid itself is fun and loved by many.

However, you are setting YOURSELF up for disappointment if you believe this will be open world content….

First off, there is already PLENTY of open world stuff to do.
An OPEN WORLD RAID would be redudant.

You know what there isn’t enough of ? instanced content for pve. Only dungs (basically dead and abandoned by anet dev team) and fracs

we will know tomorrow for sure

I’ve seen plenty of threads asking for WoW type raids. I do not want them at all. I loved FoW UW DoA The Deep and Urzogs. But FoW, UW and DoA won’t happen, ANet said a long time ago they are too human centric. Maybe we’ll get something like The Deep or Urzogs. But even then I’m not sure they would work the same in GW2 as they did in GW. I’m interested for sure to see what it will be. But it will probably be completely different to what we think.

About Raids

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I’ve seen plenty of threads asking for WoW type raids. I do not want them at all. I loved FoW UW DoA The Deep and Urzogs. But FoW, UW and DoA won’t happen, ANet said a long time ago they are too human centric. Maybe we’ll get something like The Deep or Urzogs. But even then I’m not sure they would work the same in GW2 as they did in GW. I’m interested for sure to see what it will be. But it will probably be completely different to what we think.

FoW, UW and DoA fit the GW2 system much better than Deep or Urgoz or EotN dungeons. FoW, UW and DoA might’ve been instanced, but they had huge zones to explore and you could tackle quests in any order you wished. Which is more like the open world areas of GW2 and fit the game concept more.

On the other hand, Deep and Urgoz both had no variation and looked similar to how current dungeons work in GW2, go in a straight line and do all encounters in order. I will be really disappointed, if GW2 raids are just dungeons for 10 people (2 teams) or 15 people (3 teams) or whatever like that, instead of being something much better and unique.

For example, an “open” design has much more room to accomodate different skill levels. The “team” could either stay together and defeat each piece of content in order, or they can split (like they did in UW) to complete the content much faster. Also an “open” design could allow players to do the content at their own pace, without punihsing them for not doing the whole run. For example, go in do 4 out of 8 encounters, then go the next day and do the other 4 (like the DoA reward design)

FoW, UW and DoA are much better choices for GW2 than Deep or Urgoz (or “classic” raids)

About Raids

BrotherBelial.3094

FoW, UW and DoA fit the GW2 system much better than Deep or Urgoz or EotN dungeons. FoW, UW and DoA might’ve been instanced, but they had huge zones to explore and you could tackle quests in any order you wished. Which is more like the open world areas of GW2 and fit the game concept more.

On the other hand, Deep and Urgoz both had no variation and looked similar to how current dungeons work in GW2, go in a straight line and do all encounters in order. I will be really disappointed, if GW2 raids are just dungeons for 10 people (2 teams) or 15 people (3 teams) or whatever like that, instead of being something much better and unique.

For example, an “open” design has much more room to accomodate different skill levels. The “team” could either stay together and defeat each piece of content in order, or they can split (like they did in UW) to complete the content much faster. Also an “open” design could allow players to do the content at their own pace, without punihsing them for not doing the whole run. For example, go in do 4 out of 8 encounters, then go the next day and do the other 4 (like the DoA reward design)

FoW, UW and DoA are much better choices for GW2 than Deep or Urgoz (or “classic” raids)

I agree the design of FoW, UW and DoA would be a better choice for GW2. I would love to see these areas return, though ANet have said they would not fit(why would a Norn, charr, etc travel to the human gods realms.) maybe they could work as a fractal, but with a bigger group. It could follow the new “raid” that ANet has planed.

About Raids

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Well my favorite dungeon ever was darkness falls from DaoC. But I have a feeling that most people don’t want pvp during a boss fight any more. Man that was fun, taking enough control to open the dungeon, getting to the boss fights, seeing that a different realm grab control and then boom fights!!

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

About Raids

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

Wut? GW2 is pure RNG already. Just look at the precursors.

The most important for raids is that it gives good loot that you can’t get in the same time by simply pressing 1 and tping every 15 minutes.