About the Portal to Maguuma's Heart

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Sully.9453

Sully.9453

Personally I believe the “Portal to the Heart of Maguuma” as a slap in the face. I’ve spent over 24 hours since the drops began in both the silverwastes and dry top and still have nothing to say for my efforts. Whereas a guild member came into the silverwastes the other day and got a portal in the first 5 minutes. I know a lot of people are in the same boat as me. It’s incredibly frustrating spending so much time on something for no result.
Is there going to some extra benefit in the chance of getting into the beta for those actually interested and willing to put the effort in and having terrible luck with the RNG associated with the loot drops of the portals? Looks like I’m putting my hopes on been an active player and signed up for the newsletter for my chance at my invite.

Keltina – Necromancer | Hoctar – Revenant
[DAWN] First Light Gaming – Blackgate

Posted by: PollyMcPretty.2108

PollyMcPretty.2108

Do people who get this item get to test the WvW map?

The latest news on the GW2 webpage says…..

“We’re happy to announce that we’ll soon begin inviting select individuals to help us test the new World vs. World desert Borderlands map coming with the release of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™. This initial test will be small in size and duration and will focus on stressing the stability of our systems. We’re planning on expanding the number of participants involved for later tests, and we’ll release more information on how you can participate in those tests sometime in the future. This initial test will feature some of the most active WvW players in Guild Wars 2.”

Posted by: Kranodor.8915

Kranodor.8915

It’s incredibly frustrating spending so much time on something for no result.

Well, to be fair, the areas we’re talking about do offer quite a few ingame rewards. But I know what you mean: Since the announcement I spent quite a few hours in Dry Top on and off and some time last week switched over to Silverwastes, and spent most of my weekend (including most of friday, which I took off from work) there. It’s been quite a ride, and I did get a few things – but no portal. And yes, people posting their stacks of two, three or even four portals doesn’t exactly decrease frustration.

But then again, we can’t have everything, can we? I’ve been on at least one pre-release event for each part of Guild Wars – Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, Eye of the North, and then Guild Wars 2. Seems like this will be the first I’ll miss out on. Sure, I don’t know how much time I would have had to play when the beta hits, but historically, I have always made time for that. But currently, I don’t have as much time, and I am worn out now, because I’m not used to farming the same area over and over and over again. Plus, on the German forums, I have read that the portal drops end this weekend. And since there’s work tomorrow, and I have to get some sleep as well, I am officially giving up now.

So, to all who got a portal (or two, or three…): Congratulations, and I wish for you to have great fun in the beta, just one thing: Please use your access, play, and provide feedback. Do not waste this opportunity, no matter how or why you got your portal.
But most of all, again: Have fun.

Posted by: DaveyC.4398

DaveyC.4398

I didn’t get one. I hope everyone who got more than one constantly DC’s!! I am only joking… Certainly bitter but I hope you all enjoy.

Posted by: Rekliss.3856

Rekliss.3856

Gaile could you clear a big question up for me?

Those who participate in the beta and gain some mastery points, are those permanent or are they just temporary?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I don’t think we need a Gaile answer on that. Check the FAQ.
————————
What happens to all the items/gold/karma I get during the beta test? Will I get to play my beta character when the expansion comes out?

Your beta activity (including character development, account-based development, and currencies) won’t impact your live Guild Wars 2 account. Your beta progress will be saved for the duration of the stress test, but all beta characters and beta account progress may be deleted at the end of the test period.

Posted by: Draghmar.2594

Draghmar.2594

We selected a small number of testers for the first round from our newsletter subscribers.

Is there a chance you could check if my e-mail is in your data base? There is no e-mail confirmation that everything went fine after registering and I don’t believe in web message alone (I know from the first hand how ease is to make ‘ok’ message when not everything was ok, especially with e-mails). It’s really important for me because I couldn’t play this final weekend and my luck before that was…well…it had to be in a completely different place then me, that’s for sure.

Posted by: hulabear.9137

hulabear.9137

I was saving the fun for when the actual expansion comes out but.. when all my friends started dropping portals, I figured I wanted to be part of it too, lol. Farmed for over 40 hours with 400% MF to no avail. At least now I know that there’s a slim chance. Fingers crossed! : )

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Gaile could you clear a big question up for me?

Those who participate in the beta and gain some mastery points, are those permanent or are they just temporary?

As with GW2’s original beta testing, character progress is wiped before each one (there were only one or two exceptions where it wasn’t wiped).

Posted by: Mad As Hell.2168

Mad As Hell.2168

After playing the entire drop period for multiple hours per day, I got two drops in short succession. The first was in SW, VW mid Lane assault from a bouncy chest while Shadow Refuging the carrier at 1:55 AM MST Saturday night. The second was from a random mob near Devourer Queen area (but not during the event) just less than 11 clock hours and 2 game hours later on Sunday.

My daughter got one during VW on the last round of SW she played on Sunday before going to bed for school (high school, she’s age eligible).