Acquiring ascended armor in expansion

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: balls.2678

balls.2678

Hi I am a returning player with no expansion. I am going to buy it if i run out of content. But the ascended items are too much of a temptation. Just wondering if the expansion helps in acquiring ascended weapon/armor. Thanks.

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

I had ascended armor before expansion, so maybe I’m not the best at answering this. However, there are tons of places to pick up gear imo. High level fractal seems to drop a piece of armor every other week. Elite specializations collections reward an ascended version of their new weapons. A few of the collections reward ascended armor/back pieces. New bloodstone fen rewards stat selectable back piece, ring, and amulet. Then there’s also raids if you’re up for that.

It’s actually not surprising to see people with multiple sets. I’ve got 3 full sets on my active characters and like 3xboots/gloves/pants boxes on a character I use as a bank. I surprises me that some people still consider ascended not worthwhile. The cost of crafting them has even gone down since they were introduced.

Posted by: Exclamatory.8351

Exclamatory.8351

Elite specializations collections reward an ascended version of their new weapons.

Requires HoT

New bloodstone fen rewards stat selectable back piece, ring, and amulet.

Requires HoT (or is it LS3)

Edit: Just thought I would make it clear.

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

Elite specializations collections reward an ascended version of their new weapons.

Requires HoT

Just wondering if the expansion helps in acquiring ascended weapon/armor. Thanks.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Requires HoT

Captain Obvious, the question was related to acquiring ascended gear in HoT.

To the OP, ascended trinkets are easy enough to get as listed above but also with the ‘old way’ of Laurels, Badges+Ectos, Guild Commendations.
With Fractal mastery you should see a box or two of ascended armor pieces each month for doing the daily Fractals. They also added accessory drops to the fractal tables for the higher scales and getting Fractal relics for the ascended back item is now easy peasy.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

With the release of LS3 you can also farm a back item, rings, and accessories in Bloodstone Fen.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: keenedge.9675

keenedge.9675

Hi I am a returning player with no expansion. I am going to buy it if i run out of content. But the ascended items are too much of a temptation. Just wondering if the expansion helps in acquiring ascended weapon/armor. Thanks.

I don’t think so.

The mats for ascended armor (metals) come easily from SW and lower. The other ascended complete mats require a lot of -liquid- gold. It’s just the nature of things. If you can find a gold generating source (like iron/platinum-farming), you can buy the other ingredients for ascended armor.

“John Spartan, you are fined one credit for a violation of the verbal morality statute”