Action Camera

Action Camera

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

So I have just finished watching Action Camera in… action here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kbTbs3YC_g&t=1h05m20s.

I must say that this is now my Nr 1 feature for HOT above all else right now. Maining engineer and will also make Rev Day 1 and I really appreciate Action Camera, how it works and how it has been thoroughly thought through and through.

Anyone else liking it as much as I do ?

Thanks Joel

Action Camera

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

I’ve used combat mod since release so this has zero effect for me (an overlay mod that does pretty much the same thing OP).

Cool Anet have finally decided to clue up to ergonomics though.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Action Camera

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I’m not sure on this one…

I’ll be maining an engi going into HoT and while this should be great for grenades, there’s still some aspects of it that I’m concerned may be hindering.

The biggest worry I have is that I frequently look around to my peripheral and behind my character while fighting, especially in PvP. This may not be an issue…but I just think that so much of how much I end up liking this will just depend on trying it out.

Still, it’s absolutely awesome that this was added to the game!

Action Camera

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

I’m personally not interested. I’m hoping it’s optional.

Action Camera

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

It is, and it’s off by default.

Action Camera

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Itll even be toggable, so that one may swap mode depending on whats most beneficial to the situation at hand

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Action Camera

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

yeah lets make it easy for rangers to exploit their 2000+ range longbow shots, as an engineer the only worthwhile good thing it offers is being able to hold number key and auto toss nades wich should be implemented to the core mechanic as a whole

Action Camera

Posted by: Djahlat.9610

Djahlat.9610

yeah lets make it easy for rangers to exploit their 2000+ range longbow shots, as an engineer the only worthwhile good thing it offers is being able to hold number key and auto toss nades wich should be implemented to the core mechanic as a whole

Why the pessimistic saltiness?
They didn’t change anything to range whatsoever, just improved the way we ALL use our ranged skills, and Joel SPECIFICALLY made some tweaks JUST for engineers (and arguably Druids’ Celestial Avatar Form) . Not even ranged, hell they improved on melee combat as well, so really your post really sounds like a crybaby’s tantrum.

Stay mad.

Action Camera

Posted by: Jasper Defthand.3018

Jasper Defthand.3018

I only plan to use this function if it will work with my microsoft xbox 360 controller. Can someone from anet confirm if there will be compatibility? Seems kinda pointless to implement this feature if not.

Action Camera

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

But the game doesn’t even have grenades, all the babes are pretty ^_^

Action Camera

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Even better, just holding left mouse button. RMB is for target lock/clear, alt by default for Action Camera toggle on/off and there’s also possible toggle for aoes snap to target’s legs.

It’s aso a lot easier to kite while looking at your enemy since S will now make you run back instead of backpedalling.

I will definitely try the hell out of it and options it offers.

Action Camera

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I only plan to use this function if it will work with my microsoft xbox 360 controller. Can someone from anet confirm if there will be compatibility? Seems kinda pointless to implement this feature if not.

As above.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Action Camera

Posted by: amplitudelol.1409

amplitudelol.1409

You dont want to go up against in pvp players with gaming mouse with actual skill. Well, i wouldnt. To be honest i dont think the controller could handle the ammount of abilities and other stuff you can do anyways.

Action Camera

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

You dont want to go up against in pvp players with gaming mouse with actual skill. Well, i wouldnt. To be honest i dont think the controller could handle the ammount of abilities and other stuff you can do anyways.

Thumbsticks tend to be garbage compared to mice but it seems like a simple enough fix: add a thumb sensor in place of the thumbpad. I hate how I’m tapping so lightly it doesn’t move yet an ounce more effort makes it go too fast for proper aiming.

Otherwise you can use controllers for GW2. Consider the following:

Arrow up = class skill 1
Upper-right= class skill 2
Right = class skill 3.
Lower-right = class skill 4
Down = Class skill 5
Lower-Left = Utility skill 1
Left=Utility skill 2
Upper-left=Utility skill 4
RB=Elite skill
LT=Heal
X=Autoattack
A=Weapon skill 2
B=Weapon skill 3
Y=Weapon skill 4
RT=Weapon skill 5

With plenty of room to spare. That’s not even considering pressing a joystick as a button (maybe “back” or joystick button pressed could act as interact/grab loot?)

Action Camera

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

You know that you can bind keys to R1 + Square, Round, etc etc. Same with R2, L1 and L2. You can fit more than just abillities on a controller.

Action Camera

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

As above.

It will work with a controller, even if GW2 doesn’t get “official” support (I’m sure we can all see this coming + a console port, like ESO and FF14). There are several pieces of software, like Xpadder, that let you bind keyboard buttons to a controller. I’ve used it with GW2 and tons of my other games. Works perfectly.

Action Camera

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

You can already use controlers with GW2, its a bit of a work around but there was at one point when the game was released a couple videos on how to set it up. Not many bothered because without an action based cam system it was more clunky then useful. That and to be perfectly honest I’m not sure if it breaks any rules, though I don’t see why it would.