Add damage effect to HMS Divinity

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Damage_type

Just annoys me. Cause predator’s biggest flaw is the lack of noticable aura and foot-trail. Then now we have HMS divinity which has a very very noticable and laggy aura and foot-trail, but it doesn’t have the fire killing effect of predator….and ultimately lacks the kind of punch that predator delivers.

Everything in HMS Divinity is contrasts. The footsteps are water, but they look like melting ice. We have a really reallly heavy mist that looks like ice that just got evaporated rather than fog that fell from the sky. The gun itself clips into the back of human (it clips right through if ur naked), and asura and char if I remember correctly (haven’t checked the other races but I’d assume it would clip through them all as well). If this was any other legendary weapon there would be rioting all over….but its a rifle so noone cares. Imagine the next greatsword clipping through everyones arms? Is that really okay? Hms divinity clips straight through a naked human’s back when u run with it…..insane.

Honestly I’d redesign HMS divinity to be an ice rifle. It can be a rifle that looks like a ship that generates ice basically. Everythnig could stay the same except the shots should have blue colours rather than orange/red (cannon explosion) type shots. And the damage type can be ice. This would makea wonderful contrast to Predator, and a weapon truly worth the HOT pricetag of it. Literally all you have to do is change the colour of 2-8 things to shades of blue, and then stick an “ice” effect on kill sticker on it and you have a really good legendary.

Right now I would recommend only getting Predator, just cause of the on kill effect being such an important part of its allure. Plus its cheaper….alot cheaper and easier to make with alot less boring spam 1 to win grind (ALOT LESS GRIND assuming you aren’t grinding by some sub-par method like farming).

Outside of those changes, an easier one that would go a long way is adding 2x or 3x more smoke effects when you fire the rifle…and mbe dying down the mista aura a bit if you don’t mind its really heavy and blinding? but this is fashion wars and i can understand why super thick blinding mist is sexy to people

Also the mist effects of HMS divinity cause fps drop….not cool.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I had never seen anything other than the preview images for the HMS Divinity, so I just looked it up on youtube. Wow that thing is awesome! I wish any professions used rifles for anything, I’d make it in a heartbeat.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I had never seen anything other than the preview images for the HMS Divinity, so I just looked it up on youtube. Wow that thing is awesome! I wish any professions used rifles for anything, I’d make it in a heartbeat.

You wouldn’t be the first to create a new toon with a non-optimal profession (for your personal playstyle) just to make use of a specific legendary.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

I made a new engi specifically for this rifle. ok, in groups it probably won’t be seen, but I can play to my heart’s content in open world content and living world with an awesome new rifle!

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

These are the most backwards responses I could ever have imagined.

The sky is blue. The sun is hot. The grass is greeeeeeeeeeeeeen. Have we learned anything today children?

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

1) Put free camera on.
2) Run with the camera looking at you from the front.
3) Clipping problem solved.

The sky is blue. The sun is hot. The grass is greeeeeeeeeeeeeen

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Posted by: Nebelparder.3751

Nebelparder.3751

I like the cannonballs it shoots. I would like to have less fog and a lil less icy footsteps, but i think the weapon is fine. Clipping should be solved ofc.

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I agree about a damage effect to the HMS. Preferably, the Fire effect since they are cannonballs. Hopefully, it will be revisited and have the effects done differently.

Instead of a mist aura, the aura is a bunch of small bubbles that start small and increase a bit in size, floating upwards, like Moto’s Unstable Infusions.

Change the footfalls to be whirlpools that have a pirate ship flag (black with white crossbones) rise from the center so it’s more pirate-like and noticeable.

Combine all those changes and the HMS would be truly legendary (in my opinion).

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Posted by: Ookamikun.6472

Ookamikun.6472

So strange that tool kits aren’t affected by this weapon too. Would really love it if I throw cannonball grenades for instance.

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

So strange that tool kits aren’t affected by this weapon too. Would really love it if I throw cannonball grenades for instance.

If I recall, Shooshadoo also doesn’t change grenades. Granted, if it did, Grenade Barrage would look just like the ice grenades from the #4 skill on the kit (which I wouldn’t mind).

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Posted by: Ookamikun.6472

Ookamikun.6472

If I recall, Shooshadoo also doesn’t change grenades. Granted, if it did, Grenade Barrage would look just like the ice grenades from the #4 skill on the kit (which I wouldn’t mind).

Upon rechecking, the regular grenades aren’t altered but the tool belt skill grenade skill is. Huh…