Add price conversion to different currencies

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Chamladia.8523

Chamladia.8523

I live in Brazil, and here the dollar equivalent (reais) is THREE TIMES more expensive.
So using a converter, 1 dollar = 3 reais. By that logic, to us Brazilians, HoT’s standard box will cost us an overwhelming amount of 154 reais for a digital copy of the expansion, which is 3 times more than american costumers will pay, being that ANet will get the same 49.99 dollars from us.

The developer of games such as World of Warcraft, Blizzard, does convert the price for brazilians and many more countries that use different currency systems and they lose nothing from it. So why can’t you guys do the same?

I understand you already converted the price to other currencies, but I believe adding more conversions would be even more beneficial for both the developing team and for us, people from other countries who, at the moment, can’t expend that much money compared to other countries.

Please, hear me out. I know it’s a little more work for you guys, but it would be very pleasant to the community overall

Posted by: Chamladia.8523

Chamladia.8523

bump bump bump bump

Posted by: Soval.3206

Soval.3206

I’m confused.

The game is valued at $50 USD, which is worth about 150 reais.

Are you asking them to sell you the game for 50 reais ($16 USD)?

That Anet should subsidize Brazil’s poor economy?

In that case, I want to pay for my game in Chinese yuan. $50 USD = 310 RMB —- I demand to pay 50 RMB ($8 USD) for HoT!!

Posted by: DocZed.6973

DocZed.6973

If 1 dollar = 3 reais then you’re not paying 3 times as much.
You’re paying the exact same amount.

All 9 classes leveled and geared to 80!
Remnants of Hope [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

In that case, I want to pay for my game in Chinese yuan. $50 USD = 310 RMB —- I demand to pay 50 RMB ($8 USD) for HoT!!

Might as well ask for Japanese yen, 50 yen is like 40 ¢.

Posted by: Monkey D Oni.5967

Monkey D Oni.5967

I’m pretty sure he’s asking for a “currency converter system”…get dollars in South America is not easy…

Marshall D Oni (HH) – Jade Quarry

Posted by: Artanis.4963

Artanis.4963

I’m pretty sure he’s asking for a “currency converter system”…get dollars in South America is not easy…

That’s certainly not what it sounds like. I looked into what Blizzard does and it seems like they peg the subscription at 15 or 20 local currency. So a month game time for WoW is ~6USD in Brazil, or approximately 60% off.

Might as well ask for Japanese yen, 50 yen is like 40 ¢.

Arenanet, I’d like to buy HoT with Zimbabwe dollars. I’m sure I have a 50 in this duffel bag somewhere.