Additional Character Slots for Standard

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Qaia.7523

Qaia.7523

I just purchased the Standard Edition of HoT and noticed that I was granted 4 extra character slots which were labelled “beta”. Will I get to keep these 4 slots once the game goes live having only purchased the Standard Edition, or are they just temporary during beta and will be lost upon release of the game? Would I need to upgrade to something like Deluxe in order to keep these 4 slots?

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

No, those are(were) only for the 3 beta weekends, which have all come and gone.
So once HoT launches those 4 will all go away.

The standard edition does not come with a slot unless your account was created before Jan 23rd of this year. If it was then you are eligible for the veteran appreciation slot, which is given out on a weekly basis now so it may take some time to show up.
If your account was not created before Jan23rd you do not get a slot with the standard edition.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Qaia.7523

Qaia.7523

Thanks. I pre-purchased GW2 before its release in 2012, so my account currently has 5 character slots by default. Took a massively long break from the game and just getting back into it now, so I wasn’t sure how things work with the new expansion. I’m guessing the added single character slot will appear this week or next.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

You are definitely eligible then, so if you haven’t received it by HoT I would put in a support ticket.

Good luck

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

The 4 slots with the green beta in corner will go away. You will however get a free character slot with your purchase, though it might be delayed by a few days. I’d expect it to show up Friday after WvW reset. I have no way to explain why that is, but that’s when the character slots showed up for me and my friend, and we bought the copies 2 days apart.