Adventure Rewards = Worthless

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

I don’t understand. Events and Hero Challenges both saw their rewards buffed to the extreme, yet adventures still reward virtually nothing. Despite this, their absolutely mediocre rewards are still time-gated to once a day.

Some adventures actually take a reasonable amount of skill to achieve Gold on, so why weren’t the rewards buffed? They always gave good XP rewards, so why was that the only aspect of them that was buffed? Why do adventures (and jumping puzzles…) have to be so unrewarding?

Edit: Can they at least give like 30-50 map tokens for gold?

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

(edited by Gilburt.9146)

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I don’t understand. Events and Hero Challenges both saw their rewards buffed to the extreme, yet adventures still reward virtually nothing. Despite this, their absolutely mediocre rewards are still time-gated to once a day.

Some adventures actually take a reasonable amount of skill to achieve Gold on, so why weren’t the rewards buffed? They always gave good XP rewards, so why was that the only aspect of them that was buffed? Why do adventures (and jumping puzzles…) have to be so unrewarding?

Funny thing is they are some of the hardest content in the game lol

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Another big problem with adventures: many us (probably the ones who like adventures the most) aren’t competing against the gold timer anymore. The gold time mark is far far behind what we usually do so we get a yellow item on the first try without any effort, and then, any time spent trying to improve and beat our own record (which can be A LOT) goes totally unrewarded.

IMHO advneture rewards should be reworked and made more interesting.
There could be some additional reward for getting gold medal N times in a row, for beating your own highest personal score, for achieving one of the best N scores of the day … that kind of things.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

adventures give massive amounts of xp. Admittedly, that’s useless after maxing masteries. Other than that, I’d argue that the reward is commensurate with the time invested, at least for people who like that sort of thing.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Rasgalinj.2763

Rasgalinj.2763

For someone farming globs and exp for gift of maguuma mastery used in legendaries these are a godsend. The amount of exp rewarded for such a small time spent + the guaranteed rare items are both great.

Posted by: Icdan Sevaen.4628

Icdan Sevaen.4628

I saw someone in map earlier today that got Rodgort prec from adventures…

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

You can get precursors for almost anything in this game, does not mean much if 1 in 100k people got slightly lucky

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Got a prec from a barracuda once. I would not say the normal run of the mill open world mobs have good drops however.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You can get precursors for almost anything in this game, does not mean much if 1 in 100k people got slightly lucky

Indeed. The law of large numbers says that someone in the game will get a precursor drop from each and every type of foe or champ bag. That’s simply because there are tons of people killing tons of foes and opening tons of bags. It doesn’t tell us anything about whether it’s a likely occurrence.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”