After being gone nearly a year.. lol

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

First off I havent touched the living story yet but I hear its fantastic.

Whats making me laugh is I decided to go do some fractals to relearn the game because its been awhile and ive been playing other games.

first thing I see is no rangers, no necros

Game hasnt changed at all! Its good to be back!

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

yup, classic Anet doesn’t care about balance. Welcome back!

Posted by: Kycoo Grim.9463

Kycoo Grim.9463

funny thing, Necro is still the go-to for CM 100 in Fractals or most people. Its slower, but VERY safe. I easily pull 10-12k dps as condi Necro without a chrono.

Druid is one of the best buffers/healers in the game, and Condi Ranger can out do other condi specs fairly simply.

The people who posted that on the LFG are stupid and don’t know what the good builds are for the classes they are not taking. That clears up once you get to T3 and T4 fractals.

Just a filthy Casual, move along.

Posted by: Baseleader.4128

Baseleader.4128

Druid is a sure pick in every smart fractal group. It has great healing combined with frankly overpowered offensive buffs. Condiranger is a ver sought after DPS class (more so in raids than fractals).

A lot of people ask for necros for fractals because they’re so tough, it trivializes the content.

TLDR: you’ ve been misinformed.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t know who says no rangers and no necros but that’s not my experience at all. Both of those professions, at least druids and repears, are very very welcome in most fractals.

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

funny thing, Necro is still the go-to for CM 100 in Fractals or most people. Its slower, but VERY safe. I easily pull 10-12k dps as condi Necro without a chrono.

^this.

Also, even though it’s slower short term (you’ll spend more time on boss, because group DPS is lower), these necro+druid parties are actually FASTER in the long run, because they save time on not wiping.

I’ve met a lot of these tryhard elitists, who insist on stacking eles in fractals, because they have theoretically highest DPS. Maybe 1% of them would actually outdps me, because they’re genuinely good players and able to bring out the maximum potential of any class. Nonetheless, the vast majority of these players, despite thinking how good they are, actually suck and don’t understand the game whatsoever. What’s the point of forcing elementalist on yourself, if you keep dying constantly and do half as much DPS as I do on my necro?

When I pug fractals, I don’t care what class people bring. All I care about is that they survive and do reasonable DPS. I would much rather have a 12k DPS necromancer in my party, than a tryhard wannabe ele, who kittentalks everyone else and thinks how good they are, but they keep dying an pull a measly 6k at best.

Don’t get discouraged by looking at the lfg. Play whatever you want, as long as you can play it well. And avoid parties which are overly selective the team comp, they’re mostly plebs looking for carry and will disband after the first wipe, which comes very early on.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

First off I havent touched the living story yet but I hear its fantastic.

Whats making me laugh is I decided to go do some fractals to relearn the game because its been awhile and ive been playing other games.

first thing I see is no rangers, no necros

Game hasnt changed at all! Its good to be back!

Lol, that’s actually because the current easy run pug meta for fractals is 4 necros 1 ranger and some people hate that.

Honestly, go with a healing druid into high tier fractals, and most people would love you for that. It makes the run soo much easier.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

People are stuck in the past apparently. It really doesn’t matter what you bring to fractals; what matters is if people know the mechanics.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Especially rangers are sought after. Their condi setup with viper’s gear is very good.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

funny thing, Necro is still the go-to for CM 100 in Fractals or most people.

Unless these people do not LFG, my observations do not comply with your statement. The go-to comp is the power meta comp. 4N1D groups are safer, sure, but I don’t see as many people using it as before. And especially not on level 100 CM.

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

There is nothing better than spreading 20k+ burning ticks with my nec as well as stacking conditions with 2 times spreads.
We currently run 1 engi, 1 war, 1 mes, 2 necs and basically only wiped once or twice. Plus necs can easily rally downeys.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Posted by: Strages.2950

Strages.2950

As everyone already noted, you’re misinformed OP.

Condi necro is literally the go-to class for T4 fractals due to their survivability and (especially when stacked) their ability to obliterate any group of mobs in a couple seconds (epi). Yes they might be a bit slower on single target bosses, but a good necro can arguably solo any boss in Fractals.

As for rangers, they’re good to have around, I dont really think they’re discriminated against. Tbh, I dont think ANY class is really discriminated against, although what I rarely see around are Revenants and Engis, sometimes Guards are missing too.

But I think its mostly cause people geared up other toons that USED to be significantly better at fractals (for example, before retal changes on symbols, and instability changes in fractals, guards were kitten in T4) and haven’t bothered to get 150 AR on other classes.