All the RAGE around

All the RAGE around

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

2 things will happen prob,

1) it will be ignored until it blows over.
2) they will provide additional bonuses, but no announcement will come until they can sit down and discuss, ensure any new items are produced and are ready to add to new and existing purchases. That will happen on their schedule.

All the RAGE around

Posted by: Pokalipto.7186

Pokalipto.7186

I have noticed that they ignore every post, but as a known company that been here always for the customers and not to be rude or something, I am expecting an answer for that as we all deserve to know

All the RAGE around

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Re: 1)
They have already acknowledged the issue and are reading our feedback. For them to remain silent and ignore it is not possible unless they want HoT to go live without a large part of the veterans who
* don’t get their concerns addressed.
* leave if Anet adopt a new approach to just close their eyes and hold their ears and hope the storm subsides without their expected involvement.

They (Anet) caused this – now they must fix it.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

All the RAGE around

Posted by: soakman.7539

soakman.7539

I just want to say that for each person who feels “betrayed” by Anet, there is one of us that sees almost nothing wrong. $50 is a normal pricepoint these days. GW2 is a BTP game with no sub fee that provided content and story updates in between expansions via the “living world” system. There are a ton of features that have been announced though we do not know the extent of them at this point.

You do not HAVE to pre-purchase. If you do not feel confident, wait until some reviews come out or until the price drops, or until retailers start selling it for a few dollars less.

And finally, the base game didn’t ship with enough character slots for the EXISTING professions. Why would you assume that the expansion would give you another one just because there’s a new profession? It was never said by ANET that that was their intention, and you basically disappointed yourself by making assumptions.

I WANT the expansion to ship with the bonus core game because I want to see the game grow. I want to see new players hit 80 and then join me in my adventures in Maguuma. I do not feel that Anet owes me anything because they already gave me MORE than my initial $50 investment via the core game, living story season 1 & 2, various updates with fractals, the Aether Path dungeon, and some awesome memories.

Why you think that is going to stop because THIS time they want you to pay for larger than typical game updates (not to mention COMPLETE rehauls of existing systems that look completely BA) is beyond me.

If you want the game. Buy it. If you do not, wait for it to go on sale. If this bothers you and you must have it NOW, you must want the game…. So see step one.

All the RAGE around

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I wouldn’t get to upset about their silence on this issue. What can they do?

They say they aren’t changing it, people get more kittened. They say they will change it, but that is a process in and of itself. How will it change? What about those who already prepurchased? Approvals need to be given, etc.
And knowing anet they probably didnt see any of this comming.

At this point shutting up is probably the smartest thing they can do. Unless they can realistically promise people anything good, anything they say could easily be fuel to the fire.

All the RAGE around

Posted by: Pokalipto.7186

Pokalipto.7186

I just want to say that for each person who feels “betrayed” by Anet, there is one of us that sees almost nothing wrong. $50 is a normal pricepoint these days. GW2 is a BTP game with no sub fee that provided content and story updates in between expansions via the “living world” system. There are a ton of features that have been announced though we do not know the extent of them at this point.

You do not HAVE to pre-purchase. If you do not feel confident, wait until some reviews come out or until the price drops, or until retailers start selling it for a few dollars less.

And finally, the base game didn’t ship with enough character slots for the EXISTING professions. Why would you assume that the expansion would give you another one just because there’s a new profession? It was never said by ANET that that was their intention, and you basically disappointed yourself by making assumptions.

I WANT the expansion to ship with the bonus core game because I want to see the game grow. I want to see new players hit 80 and then join me in my adventures in Maguuma. I do not feel that Anet owes me anything because they already gave me MORE than my initial $50 investment via the core game, living story season 1 & 2, various updates with fractals, the Aether Path dungeon, and some awesome memories.

Why you think that is going to stop because THIS time they want you to pay for larger than typical game updates (not to mention COMPLETE rehauls of existing systems that look completely BA) is beyond me.

If you want the game. Buy it. If you do not, wait for it to go on sale. If this bothers you and you must have it NOW, you must want the game…. So see step one.

As i said i have no problem with the pricing i did said ill pay the price if i love the game, but most vets have all invested in their accounta across the years, they made several characters invested in them as well i dont see any reason to delete a charcter that you invested in just to play the new class the HoT is offering, and as i see it it is totally unfair for vetrans like these to,pay another 20$ beside the 50$ of HoT just for another character slot, with all the rest i am agreeing with you, i would happily wpuld like to aee new comers and welcome them with a warm hug, but the point is what i suggested ia to make 2 diffrent types of options to purchase HoT just as i said
For Veterans will be more fair if it was HoT+Extra char slot, and for newcomers the core game+hot, dont see any problem in that.

All the RAGE around

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

I just want to say that for each person who feels “betrayed” by Anet, there is one of us that sees almost nothing wrong.

• and for every customer who complains, another 4 or 5 think the same but keep quiet

$50 is a normal pricepoint these days. GW2 is a BTP game with no sub fee that provided content and story updates in between expansions via the “living world” system.

• I wouldn’t disagree. that said, Price seems to be one of the slightly less-raised issues.

There are a ton of features that have been announced though we do not know the extent of them at this point.

• here is where Anet’s tendancy to keep things quiet is kinda backfiring.

• also true, and just generally good advice

And finally, the base game didn’t ship with enough character slots for the EXISTING professions. Why would you assume that the expansion would give you another one just because there’s a new profession?

• to help fix this issue
  • to prevent this issue from getting worse
  • because Anet themselves set the precedent.

It was never said by ANET that that was their intention, and you basically disappointed yourself by making assumptions.

• true enough, but was it so unreasonable an assumption?

I WANT the expansion to ship with the bonus core game because I want to see the game grow. I want to see new players hit 80 and then join me in my adventures in Maguuma.

• I agree, new players are almost always a good thing
  • I would also say that I WANT the expansion to ship with the bonus core to everyone. you can treat everyone equally and entice new players in.

I do not feel that Anet owes me anything because they already gave me MORE than my initial $50 investment via the core game, living story season 1 & 2, various updates with fractals, the Aether Path dungeon, and some awesome memories.

• also true to some extent, but since I paid for this, I also don’t feel that I owe Anet anything. as such, they have to convince me to buy HoT or earn my trust. so far they’ve done neither.

Why you think that is going to stop because THIS time they want you to pay for larger than typical game updates

• I don’t think this is going to stop. I expect the development teams will continue doing good work.
  • however, I am very disappointed in this customer service/public relations.

(not to mention COMPLETE rehauls of existing systems that look completely BA)

• it could be argued that these systems only need overhauled because the existing systems aren’t good enough. I’m not going down that route, and I like the look of what they’re doing. but there’s gotta be some distinction between an improvement and a fix.

All the RAGE around

Posted by: Furious.2867

Furious.2867

^ I like how he thinks.

Made a thread yesterday about the rage going out of proportion but it was shortly locked by a moderator because the understanding, agreeable, unselfish and oh so very charming forum community began to attack my character instead of communicating constructively.

Turret Engie, 13 Nades Engie, MM Necro Hambow, P/P Thief, PU Mesmer
Condi & DPS Ranger, Spirit Guard

All the RAGE around

Posted by: Edhaen Laraes.9802

Edhaen Laraes.9802

I kinda agree with everything you said Soakman. There’s just one point I’d argue about.

They obviously never said they would add any character slot. Yet they did… If you pay 75 or 100. That’s not unfair or anything like that. But kinda cheesy to customers.

That’s what bothers a kitten ton a people. Hence the “give us a char slot” spam.

All the RAGE around

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I think you shouldn’t say we get a map. We get more than a map certainly, at least 3 and possibly more. So saying we get a map is wrong.

How about until we judge the final expansion we actually get to find out what’s in the final expansion. Or doesn’t that make sense?

All the RAGE around

Posted by: Talon Silverhawk.3574

Talon Silverhawk.3574

So we shouldn’t say anything about a deal that penalises existing players and seems unfair?

Just meakly except it ?

No I think not.

All the RAGE around

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

I am with the ones who isnt pre purchasing it, but tbf I reckon they do nothing bout this issue. They keep moving forward and with release people will buy it anyway, and with no extra slot you delete the character you hardly play and set it up for your revenant class. Cause you have saved your tomes just for that.

Like a guildie said, you need the expansion to move further, when you don’t buy you basicly quit the game.

At this moment I still dont prebuy and wait for release and see from there.

Piken Square

(edited by ImLegion.4018)

All the RAGE around

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

So we shouldn’t say anything about a deal that penalises existing players and seems unfair?

Just meakly except it ?

No I think not.

I’m sorry but you’re not being penalized in any way. Saying that someone else is being rewarded, does not make you penalized, and saying it over and over won’t make it truth.

The most you can say about it is that you want something since the new players are getting something. Apparently having a bunch of new players in the game doesn’t mean anything to some players.

So maybe Anet should give you people who feel you’re shafted something for your trouble, just to keep you happy. I would if I were Anet.

But you’re complaining about something most other MMOs are already doing.

All the RAGE around

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

Just meakly except it ?

No I think not.

It doesn’t penalize you in the slightest. They simply put a new product on the table and leave you with the choice of buying it now, buying it later or not buying it at all.

It might seem unfair because we don’t know the full content of HoT yet. You might want to wait until release and check out reviews before you purchase the game. No one forces you to preorder. It’s completely ok not to preorder.

All the RAGE around

Posted by: choban.9027

choban.9027

Players just want to be treated fairly and equally and that’s all. I really like that they included core game with HoT for new players and I hope many new players will come and stay for a long time. I understand that existing players feel like they are being left out in this. Adding additional char slot would help alot to calm this situation. And I know that Anet owes us nothing, but that would be fair treatment and sign of a good will and respect to all those players who supported the game for so long and I hope will continue to do so in the future…

All the RAGE around

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

I have noticed that they ignore every post, but as a known company that been here always for the customers and not to be rude or something, I am expecting an answer for that as we all deserve to know

They don’t ignore very post. They’ve actually responded to the best of their ability (basically, “we acknowledge your complaints and cannot say any more than that”). ANet typically doesn’t readily respond to most topics beyond this type of answer until months down the line.

All the RAGE around

Posted by: GeekDavid.2786

GeekDavid.2786

They don’t ignore very post. They’ve actually responded to the best of their ability (basically, “we acknowledge your complaints and cannot say any more than that”). ANet typically doesn’t readily respond to most topics beyond this type of answer until months down the line.

If they let this go on for months a number of veterans — like myself — will just up and leave.

All the RAGE around

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

I just want to say that for each person who feels “betrayed” by Anet, there is one of us that sees almost nothing wrong.

I showed GW2 to my friend, she was very interested in the game and also in the incoming expansion HoT after watching the trailer. So she read from the FAQ that she would need the core game to play HoT and she decided to buy it from a retail store for $20 on May 1st 2015, right after Chronomancer was announced.

Her oldest character is 50 days old only today. HoT prepurchase was announced and Arenanet stealth changed their FAQ about requiring the core game, now offering the core game for free if you purchase HoT for $50 minimum.

Arenanet will not refund or discount my friend, she spoke to a supervisor at their customer service and because it was purchased at a retail store they refuse to do anything about it. They will also not discount-upgrade the account to have HoT if she pays them $30($50 minus the $20 she paid at the retail store), there is no such option anyway. So my friend will have to shell out $70 in total, and only get HoT Standard.

You see almost nothing wrong with this?

All the RAGE around

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

I showed GW2 to my friend, she was very interested in the game and also in the incoming expansion HoT after watching the trailer. So she read from the FAQ that she would need the core game to play HoT and she decided to buy it from a retail store for $20 on May 1st 2015, right after Chronomancer was announced.

Her oldest character is 50 days old only today. HoT prepurchase was announced and Arenanet stealth changed their FAQ about requiring the core game, now offering the core game for free if you purchase HoT for $50 minimum.

Arenanet will not refund or discount my friend, she spoke to a supervisor at their customer service and because it was purchased at a retail store they refuse to do anything about it. They will also not discount-upgrade the account to have HoT if she pays them $30($50 minus the $20 she paid at the retail store), there is no such option anyway. So my friend will have to shell out $70 in total, and only get HoT Standard.

I guess she should have known the risk of purchasing an almost three year old MMO that soon gets its first expansion.
The kind of discount you’re describing happens all the time everywhere. There’s nothing illegal about it and it’s certainly nothing out of the ordinary.
Though I can symphatize with your friend I’m afraid there’s nothing special about this issue you’re describing.

All the RAGE around

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

I guess she should have known the risk of purchasing an almost three year old MMO that soon gets its first expansion.
The kind of discount you’re describing happens all the time everywhere. There’s nothing illegal about it and it’s certainly nothing out of the ordinary.
Though I can symphatize with your friend I’m afraid there’s nothing special about this issue you’re describing.

It actually could be illegal. What Anet did in regards to promoting HoT needing GW2 as a prereq, then changing at the last minute could be considered bait and switch. Or manipulative marketing/business practices. Everything else people seem to be arguing is perception and sense of value.

All the RAGE around

Posted by: GeekDavid.2786

GeekDavid.2786

It actually could be illegal. What Anet did in regards to promoting HoT needing GW2 as a prereq, then changing at the last minute could be considered bait and switch. Or manipulative marketing/business practices. Everything else people seem to be arguing is perception and sense of value.

Don’t bother arguing with Straylight. He’s an ANet fanboi right down to his socks with Mordremoth on them. No matter what they do, he’ll say they’re right to do it.

All the RAGE around

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

+1

All the RAGE around

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

they haven’t really though.

they’ve said “we’re looking at the thread and passing it onto the team”

what I would personally like to hear at this point, is something more along the lines of
“we realise there are a number of issues being raised here, … , … , and … , and we are raising these issues with the relevant departments.”

as it stands, we’ve had no chance to make sure that the issues they’re reading are the issues we want to raise.

for example, they might be all discussing the pricing, and whether it’s worth it, while completely ignoring the character slot issue. or perhaps looking into the character slot while ignoring the whole “free bonus but not if you actually enjoy the game” thing.

All the RAGE around

Posted by: soakman.7539

soakman.7539

These people (which were few in number) were the only ones that were actually hurt by what happened. That doesn’t excuse it, but comparatively, there were not that many. I hope you friend is satisfied with the free character slot being offered by ANET.

I know it sucks, but there really is nothing ANET can do in these cases since the purchase money went directly to the retail store. If the store was selling it for $20, that means ANET sold it to them for less than that. To refund that $20 (while showing good faith in the fanbase) would be like paying your friend for buying the game at that point.

Does $20 hurt ANET? Probably not. But it does set a precedent of ANET refunding retail sales, which economically doesn’t make sense. Sounds like they are pretty willing to help those who had trouble due to this situation, so I would suggest your friend contact Customer Support.

I just really hope it didn’t ruin the game for her, because it really is quite good. And I’d love to see some new players! If you decided to stick around, add me as a friend and I’ll help show you the ropes or answer any questions you might want to know about the game. Good luck!