Allow us to give away unwanted beta access

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Vhira.5032

Vhira.5032

I was in the Silverwastes yesterday, working on finding some of the golden badges in the jumping puzzle. I was there long enough for a Breach/Vinewrath to start, and I got a portal stone after my 2nd completed event.

Unfortunately, I don’t intend to participate in the beta, and I didn’t really want a portal stone. However, a couple guildies have been in the Silverwastes for most of their playtime this week with no luck. I find this a little tragic, and I imagine my guildies find this somewhat demoralizing.

I would like to give away my access (for free), but the flag is account bound. I don’t have any interest in being an unpaid beta tester, but many other people are quite excited by the opportunity.

While I realize ArenaNet might not want their beta completely skewed with 18k+AP players, or speculative people just looking for early insider trading angles, I would be grateful if some mechanism were made available to transfer my beta access to someone who would be more appreciative.

(edited by Vhira.5032)

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

And the moment they allow transfer of beta access they open a nice can of worms with “allowing” selling beta slots for high amount of in-game gold or real world currencies.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square