Amazing fight

Amazing fight

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Beast Sos.1457

Beast Sos.1457

That boss fight! I no longer have any doubts that HoT will come with Challenging Content. Thanks Jon and Roy for the amazing stream! And Rubi I guess. :P

Amazing fight

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Nice to see they are still filling boss fights with lots of aoe and damage zones on the floor so pets, clones and phantasms will still be useless.

Amazing fight

Beast Sos.1457

Nice to see they are still filling boss fights with lots of aoe and damage zones on the floor so pets, clones and phantasms will still be useless.

I’m sure they took that into account while making these fights. Would you rather them make boss fights where you stack on their foot and spam your skills?

Amazing fight

Levetty.1279

I’m sure they took that into account while making these fights. Would you rather them make boss fights where you stack on their foot and spam your skills?

Well they haven’t for the last 3 years so I don’t know why they would start now.

Amazing fight

Posted by: Temihal.8651

Temihal.8651

Clones and phantasms generation is not that much of a problem in a long boss fight, even if they die often.
Sure, the dps is not optimal. But does it matter in that situation?

Amazing fight

Beast Sos.1457

Well they haven’t for the last 3 years so I don’t know why they would start now.

How else do you expect them to make content difficult if not making the floor filled with aoe and making positioning very important in fights? Fights should not be easy because you know the mechanics. You should still have to look around you and make sure youre in the right place at the right time.

Amazing fight

Posted by: Wolfe.9850

Wolfe.9850

I admit the legendary wyvern bit was pretty awesome, including how it incorporated the Glider in case you A) Fall off or B ) use that to get the hell out of the way.

Amazing fight

Beast Sos.1457

I admit the legendary wyvern bit was pretty awesome, including how it incorporated the Glider in case you A) Fall off or B ) use that to get the hell out of the way.

Everything about the fight was awesome imo. Then again im being bias just because I wanted this type of content in gw2 for 2 and a half years and we finally got a glimpse of it!

Amazing fight

Posted by: Wolfe.9850

Wolfe.9850

Everything about the fight was awesome imo. Then again im being bias just because I wanted this type of content in gw2 for 2 and a half years and we finally got a glimpse of it!

I personally see nothing wrong with this.

Amazing fight

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

One of those examples of something that could be impossible to complete without a specific mastery… I like it actually.

Amazing fight

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

honestly, it reminds me of some of vindictus’ “raid boss” style bosses, and being a fan of that game and loving it’s bosses, it excites me a lot. it looks like a lot of fun fighting it.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Amazing fight

Beast Sos.1457

One of those examples of something that could be impossible to complete without a specific mastery… I like it actually.

I dont like the idea of having to use a Glider in the fight. It does seem like you will need a Gilder to get to the boss though. Masteries should be more convenient for combat but not mandatory, imo.

Amazing fight

Malthurius.6870

I dont like the idea of having to use a Glider in the fight. It does seem like you will need a Gilder to get to the boss though. Masteries should be more convenient for combat but not mandatory, imo.

Personally; I don’t like the fact that you need a glider to even attempt. His knockback seemed avoidable, and if you’re willing to put up with the extra challenge, you should be able to attempt the fight without the glider mastery.

Then I could call it horizontal progression, as it does make things easier but in a mechanical way; not a powercreep way. But mandatory horizontal progression is basically just content gating.

Amazing fight

Beast Sos.1457

Personally; I don’t like the fact that you need a glider to even attempt. His knockback seemed avoidable, and if you’re willing to put up with the extra challenge, you should be able to attempt the fight without the glider mastery.

Then I could call it horizontal progression, as it does make things easier but in a mechanical way; not a powercreep way. But mandatory horizontal progression is basically just content gating.

I dont like it either but it seems to be the direction Anet is going. I made a post about it before, ill post the link below.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Masteries-Gating-content/first

Amazing fight

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

That boss fight!

…Looks rather bad. “Avoid the red circles” plus the obligatory CC attack that ArenaNet is obsessed in using over and over again. The only difference is the lack of a wall, so people won’t be able to dodge against something.

Amazing fight

Beast Sos.1457

That boss fight!

…Looks rather bad. “Avoid the red circles” plus the obligatory CC attack that ArenaNet is obsessed in using over and over again. The only difference is the lack of a wall, so people won’t be able to dodge against something.

What would you recommend to make content challenging then? I’m sure there is more to this fight than we seen.

Amazing fight

Malthurius.6870

That boss fight!

What would you recommend to make content challenging then? I’m sure there is more to this fight than we seen.

There probably is a lot more to the fight; considering they made a deal over not targeting the wyvern.

Amazing fight

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Mesmer Portal should let a number of people get into the fight without a glider if they so choose. Sure, the initial Mesmer needs a glider, but nobody else.

If you want to attempt no-glider takedowns, I’m sure you can.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Amazing fight

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Actually the way to solve this isn’t removing aoe and damge zones but making AI smart enough ton know when its standing in an AoE or damage zone. If Anet can accomplish this, pve might actually feel a lot more like pvp. I would very much welcome this.

Amazing fight

Levetty.1279

Actually the way to solve this isn’t removing aoe and damge zones but making AI smart enough ton know when its standing in an AoE or damage zone. If Anet can accomplish this, pve might actually feel a lot more like pvp. I would very much welcome this.

Now that would be a pretty good way of dealing with the problem.

Amazing fight

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Seems everybody is making a big deal about the fact they were so big on avoiding the targeting of that Wyvern. I don’t get it. Seems everybody missed the fact that they did target it for a few seconds, and frankly I don’t see anything special. Am I missing something? All I see is a shield icon, mention that it breaths fire and does knock backs (both obviously seen in game play)

Attachments:

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Amazing fight

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Nice to see that you are kittening about stuff that is work in progress.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Amazing fight

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Seems everybody is making a big deal about the fact they were so big on avoiding the targeting of that Wyvern. I don’t get it. Seems everybody missed the fact that they did target it for a few seconds, and frankly I don’t see anything special. Am I missing something? All I see is a shield icon, mention that it breaths fire and does knock backs (both obviously seen in game play)

I think the “don’t target it” was “don’t hit it.” They probably didn’t want to show some detail of the fight that’s only apparent then.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Amazing fight

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

How else do you expect them to make content difficult if not making the floor filled with aoe and making positioning very important in fights? Fights should not be easy because you know the mechanics. You should still have to look around you and make sure youre in the right place at the right time.

Obviously.

That doesn’t change the fact that certain classes cough rangers cough are dragging braindead AIs with them, with little control over their movement and positioning.

Not saying they won’t adress this. I’m saying that they have to adress this. And by adressing this, I’m referring to their AI movement.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

Amazing fight

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

I think the “don’t target it” was “don’t hit it.” They probably didn’t want to show some detail of the fight that’s only apparent then.

Someone on reddit (I think?) pointed out that when the Wyvern was using it’s large attack, its new “Defiance bar”s shield icon is red instead of the filled bars blue. It’s likely they wanted to avoid showing that.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Amazing fight

psizone.8437

Obviously.

That doesn’t change the fact that certain classes cough rangers cough are dragging braindead AIs with them, with little control over their movement and positioning.

Not saying they won’t adress this. I’m saying that they have to adress this. And by adressing this, I’m referring to their AI movement.

I main a Ranger and it’s not too hard to keep the pets out of boss AoE since it’s usually in a specific area and you can move your pet using the F3 (call pet back to Ranger) to kite the pet out of danger manually.

Amazing fight

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

I main a Ranger and it’s not too hard to keep the pets out of boss AoE since it’s usually in a specific area and you can move your pet using the F3 (call pet back to Ranger) to kite the pet out of danger manually.

I didn’t say it was hard.

I’m talking about possible new boss encounters with an enhancement on movement and positioning compared to what’s already in the game.

Amazing fight

psizone.8437

I didn’t say it was hard.

I’m talking about possible new boss encounters with an enhancement on movement and positioning compared to what’s already in the game.

You didn’t, but you did say we (or the pets themselves) had little control. I felt I should clarify that we had plenty of control if you’re actively moving the pet.

And the boss fight shown in POI didn’t seem to have too much more AoE than some bosses already in game, the Molten Boss Fractal comes to mind, you have to dodge knockbacks and fire AoE on the ground in there, too.

Amazing fight

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

Obviously.

My only issue with the animal companion is that it can do some very stupid things when you tell it to heel. Often I’ve found my animal companion stands a significant distance away from me, which means I have to be aware of which of my sides they’re currently standing at and have perfect positioning or stand well outside the fight. A pet told to avoid combat or return should aim to stand directly behind me, rather than in range of splitblade.

I don’t expect my pet to be a positioning and tactical genious, I just want my pet told to stay safe would actually try and stay safe. Most pets’ behaviours can be predicted and for precise positioning there’s always Guard.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words