An adequate solution for veterans!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: JesterX.6730

JesterX.6730

Here is just a little idea:

If you already own GW2, you might get like…20$ worth of gems for free with the purchase of HoT?

I sure would be happy and won’t mind to pay 50$ in that particular case.

(edited by JesterX.6730)

Posted by: Palindrome.8904

Palindrome.8904

The problem is that this would crash the exchange overnight, as many people would just cash out gems for gold.

A better solution would be more like:
a) Give everyone some standardized bonus, like character slots (which are close to universally beneficial)
b) Implement some upgrade account bonus selector that contains a choice of 5 or so BLTC upgrades (including 1-2 character slots) to make even more people happy.

This can’t be converted to gold and people still win.

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

So what about the Ultimate edition? It dumps 4000 gems into the market per purchase. Wouldn’t that crash the exchange overnight?

Posted by: Minae Iss.7054

Minae Iss.7054

I think 800 gems ( = 10 bucks = 1 character slot ) would be the best solution. They will never go for 20, that’s simply to high. But hey, they probably won’t go for 10 either.

Posted by: Palindrome.8904

Palindrome.8904

So what about the Ultimate edition? It dumps 4000 gems into the market per purchase. Wouldn’t that crash the exchange overnight?

Well, if half of all existing players (approx. double the gems of the OP suggestion, so halve the players) did that, then yes. However I seriously doubt that will be the case.