And this week it's Necro!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

That’s a Necro with a greatsword, or my name isn’t a short guttural noise!

Attachments:

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

We already knew they got GS.

Yay, Mordremslayer class!

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

And your spec will be named.

Swordmaster.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Swordmaster.

Great Sword Master

edit: ahh perhaps Greatswordmaster

Posted by: Tayledras.1604

Tayledras.1604

Interested to see if the move set will be able to pull me away from my beloved Scepter/Dagger. As long as it can conform to condi builds it can take my staff slot any day. Seriously hate staff…

Also need to find an appropriate skin. Thinking Naegling would look good with my Arah set.

If you want peace, prepare for war.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Dragon Slayer.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

Dragon resurrector!
Dragon hunters need to hunt something after we kill all, don’t they?

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Soulreaper

Skills will be Mesmer GS-esque with the “clones” being souls sorta like Ritualist spirits from GW1 and a trait to allow them to follow you like the ranger spirit one. Lots of high DoT damage from a distance with the greatsword because reasons.

Also lots of bounce and AOE that cause fear/life steal in different ways.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

Cool, when are the specs for the Largedragonsword Specialization released?

Posted by: purecontact.1680

purecontact.1680

“Emo”

Launching dark butterflies and torturing dragon’s minion with lady gaga songs.

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Well if it’s gonna be a PoI, prepare for the most lackluster preview, with no trait reveal.
Cause thanks ruby

Also.

We have a dragonhunter.
Now we get the Dragon Slayer

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

I hope nothing like Mordremslayer because after Mordremoth it’s weird, and promotes one dragon above the others. So whoever said Mordremslayer… NO! :P

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

It will be something mature like….hmmmmm

Ghost Slayer, abriviated GS, hence their choice of weapon.

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

Clearly it’s going to be the Groundskeeper. It will utilize it’s greatsword and other blades to keep the unruly plants of the maguuma trimmed and under control.

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

Hooray! It’s the “high concept” Greatswordwielder!

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

ronpierce.2760

I hope nothing like Mordremslayer because after Mordremoth it’s weird, and promotes one dragon above the others. So whoever said Mordremslayer… NO! :P

It’s high concept. You’ll understand when you’re older.

Posted by: flipyap.5789

flipyap.5789

Really hope its called Warlock!

But knowing what anets 12 year old staff can do it’ll probably be called Grim Reapers

Posted by: DevilLordLaser.8619

DevilLordLaser.8619

Jeez you people are sore over the Dragonhunter thing. Let’s wait and see, shall we? Unlike Guardian, there are actually plenty of other things one can call a Necromancer specialization which aren’t dumb as Gehenna.

As for the spec itself, gotta say I’m hoping for the Banshee speculation myself. Offensive/debilitating Shouts matched with crazed murder claymore sounds amazing and I want to play every inch of it. I doubt the spec’s greatsword will be another Mesmer-style ranged weapon, though. The Necromancer as a class tends to be more brutal and direct than that, and frankly it’s also in utterly desperate need of area attacks. If this thing isn’t a melee cleave there’s going to be a great deal of disappointment for Necromancers out there, what with this spec basically being the last faint hope for the class.

Suppose we’ll know by Friday, eh?

Posted by: Ojyh.9842

Ojyh.9842

This is the Fartkknight guys (with 2k because looks cool)
He’s wielding a greatsword, so obviously he’s actually a knight, just as anybody who would hold a greasword in his hands in the whole universe and in any possible situation ever (Mesmers and Rangers were a mistake, apologies). I know this is quite a “high concept” but I hope you will be able to see the complicated link we made there.
He hides in swamps, because Necro are bad and ugly guys you know (of course you already know that). So basically this is a reference to Shrek… hence the “Fart” part. Also he will use turrets, because reasons.

We hope that you will like this more “nuanced” version of the classical holy and heroic knights of the legends that we thought would totally fit into the Necro theme. We know it may be quite a “high concept” but just make an effort to see the bigger picture you imbeciles !

We hope you’re as excited to discover what the Dragonhun… Fartkknight ! can do as we are to show you how our imagination have reached its limits !

/joke

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

The Dragonpoker.

Because poke my dragon, babe.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Jeez you people are sore over the Dragonhunter thing. Let’s wait and see, shall we? Unlike Guardian, there are actually plenty of other things one can call a Necromancer specialization which aren’t dumb as Gehenna.

Well First the Sitstorm on the Dragonhunter Name was funny, but it went from funny to embarrassing really fast. Didn’t know that one Name could generate such an outcry. On other game forums you would see something like this only when there would be large Changes to the Game itself or if there was a massive rebalancing going on. Here: Drop a Name and watch everything burn.

As for the Necro Spec Name. Perhaps something like Gravedigger or Soul Reaper. this Pic looks like he is going after our Souls. xD

PookieDaWombat.6209

The Necromancer as a class tends to be more brutal and direct than that, and frankly it’s also in utterly desperate need of area attacks. If this thing isn’t a melee cleave there’s going to be a great deal of disappointment for Necromancers out there, what with this spec basically being the last faint hope for the class.

Yes, the necro is more brutal. This spec though? Just weighing it against what they’ve done thus far and yeah…i still think i might be close to it, but we’ll just have to wait and see.

Soraya Mayhew – Thief

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

REAPER!!!!!

I hope we get a bunch of different Transformations other than just DS with F1-4

and some awesome tanking skills to take some damage in the front line. I love playing Necro Tank currently. Would like that enhanced.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

It will be something mature like….hmmmmm

Ghost Slayer, abriviated GS, hence their choice of weapon.

Ghostbuster ,cause we need that silly reference to make it worth it to be called a “high concept”

Attachments:

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Godric.3012

Godric.3012

yay for the “great darkiller”

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

Clearly it’s going to be the Groundskeeper. It will utilize it’s greatsword and other blades to keep the unruly plants of the maguuma trimmed and under control.

Weed Whacker.

DevilLordLaser.8619

Is anyone else completely and utterly fed up with all the hysteria and bitterness over the Dragonhunter’s name? I swear this feels like the Ascended announcement all over again, except this time there isn’t even any proper basis for it.

Get OVER yourselves already, please. This is a new week for a new spec. Can we try focusing on that for three consecutive seconds?

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

The Reaper! /15chars

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Is anyone else completely and utterly fed up with all the hysteria and bitterness over the Dragonhunter’s name? I swear this feels like the Ascended announcement all over again, except this time there isn’t even any proper basis for it.

Get OVER yourselves already, please. This is a new week for a new spec. Can we try focusing on that for three consecutive seconds?

I’m with you on this one. I fear, though, that the anti-DH circlejerk will be relentless during the coming months…

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Watch his high concept name be life hunter

ronpierce.2760

I’m with you on this one. I fear, though, that the anti-DH circlejerk will be relentless during the coming months…

You got that right. It’s a pretty funny gag and I plan to keep jerkin’ until the devs start twerkin’.

PookieDaWombat.6209

It couldn’t POSSIBLY be that we are poking a little fun at Anet over this name thing right? i mean we must all be seriously kitten here and that is the only reason for the threads filling with all the really bad names.

See, here’s the thing, I think there is a very small number of people seriously upset about the DH name, and the rest of us think it more silly than anything and are having some fun with it all now.

Seriously, lighten up. its all good.

Soraya Mayhew – Thief

Orpheal.8263

You got that right. It’s a pretty funny gag and I plan to keep jerkin’ until the devs start twerkin’.

Their own fault … for being uncreative and insultive

PS:

God please, stop being so childish ignorant to try here to play the numbers now down, as if our disappointment in that name here and the whole SS around it here and on other websites like reddit and co. would come from some kind of “minority”, when even the games most well known and public twitchers, people like WoodenPotatoes, Aurora Peachy and co. clearly show their dislike of that name from what I heard and read here in the forums, which both have large fan bases also too , then you can’t talk here about 2very small numbers"

Peopel get real – the heavy dislike of this name isn’t just like a kind of nightmare, that you once had it will disappear then and never come back.
That massive dislike is real and it will stay also forever, if Anet releases HoT with DHs still in there… you can take poison on that, I ensure you.
Especialyl the majority of people which are active here, clearly hate that name or dislike it simply so much, that they want to get it seen renamed to anything, as long it just doesn’t stay at DH. This speaks for itself.

If ANet shows any understanding, then they should better react on this and change the name to something more appropriate.

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

I am pretty sure all this name hate would have calmed down by now if not this “high concept” response lol.

Posted by: bittercranberry.7015

bittercranberry.7015

PS:

God please, stop being so childish ignorant to try here to play the numbers now down, as if our disappointment in that name here and the whole SS around it here and on other websites like reddit and co. would come from some kind of “minority”, when even the games most well known and public twitchers, people like WoodenPotatoes, Aurora Peachy and co. clearly show their dislike of that name from what I heard and read here in the forums, which both have large fan bases also too , then you can’t talk here about 2very small numbers"

Peopel get real – the heavy dislike of this name isn’t just like a kind of nightmare, that you once had it will disappear then and never come back.
That massive dislike is real and it will stay also forever, if Anet releases HoT with DHs still in there… you can take poison on that, I ensure you.
Especialyl the majority of people which are active here, clearly hate that name or dislike it simply so much, that they want to get it seen renamed to anything, as long it just doesn’t stay at DH. This speaks for itself.

If ANet shows any understanding, then they should better react on this and change the name to something more appropriate.

Mother of PS….

ronpierce.2760

I am pretty sure all this name hate would have calmed down by now if not this “high concept” response lol.

Indeed. It’s half the joke. :P

Orpheal.8263

Yeah, as it literally just came over like putting oil into the fire/ salt into the wound and making all those, who dislike the name look like, as if we all would be just simply too dumb to grasp the meaning behind that name, when in the live stream a Karl Mc Lain comes over with such a lame description of:

“They are Dragonhunters, cause, you know, they kill hunt dragons”

Haven’t the exact wording now in the head, but it was something very similar and superficial like that.
That is absolutely no high concept, that’s 2 minute 5 year old niveau quality of naming something and not the high standard which we know from ANet …

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

All hail the Hypemancer.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Swordmaster.

Great Sword Master

I shall add “Really Great Sword Master” (insert comma in place of your choosing. Or an exclamation mark thus: Really! Great! Sword! Master! – though that might be a little too great).

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

Well if it’s gonna be a PoI, prepare for the most lackluster preview, with no trait reveal.
Cause thanks ruby

Also.

We have a dragonhunter.

I kinda want another host that isn’t Ruby, she’s monotone, enthusiastic and dry. But yeah, “Chronomancer! Whoo! Dragonhunter! Yeah! Necro…..meh, lets go for a ten minute troll stream!”

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Let’s hope Ruby took notes from the Ready-Up session last weeks and gives a better prepared POI this week. I really want to see what this spec is all about (traits, gameplay, etc.).

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Swordmaster.

Great Sword Master

Greatswordmancer?

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

Honestly, if it’s isn’t the “Banshee” with shouts and everything, I am going to be a little disappointed.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

DevilLordLaser.8619

Some hints from Rox/Marjorie point (loosely) to it being a stance-based character, i.e. Marjorie remarking that Rox is “teaching her the stances” to use with her new greatsword. Now, Stance as a GW2 skill type and ‘stance’ as a foundational aspect of any martial combat style are indeed two different things, but I wouldn’t be entirely shocked if the Necromancer spec ends up full of stances. I’m not sure how that would work, and frankly the notion doesn’t excite me half as much as a Banshee would, but you might want to brace yourself for it.

It would kinda fit ArenaNet’s treatment of the Necromancer class as a whole to give it a half-crippled spec unable to use more than one of its new utility skills at a go.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Honestly, if it’s isn’t the “Banshee” with shouts and everything, I am going to be a little disappointed.

Loud Greatswordmaster.

PookieDaWombat.6209

i know we are all talking Necro spec names, but it just occurred to me that I really want to see “Burninator” for the Ele now.

Soraya Mayhew – Thief

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Cause thanks ruby

Also.

We have a dragonhunter.

I kinda want another host that isn’t Ruby, she’s monotone, enthusiastic and dry. But yeah, “Chronomancer! Whoo! Dragonhunter! Yeah! Necro…..meh, lets go for a ten minute troll stream!”

I <3 Ruby. She’s friendly, keeps the conversation going without awkward pauses, and I would never characterize her as monotone just because she doesn’t do crowd-revving calls to action. That’s not her role. She’s there to guide the guests along, to monitor chat questions for things to pass on to the guests, and to help the guests speak more naturally even if they aren’t comfortable with the camera. She also has to be alert to any possible leaks of info that isn’t cleared for release. But in all that her love of the game and of the people she works with comes through loud and clear. She’s doing a fine job.

Posted by: DeamonSamurai.6504

DeamonSamurai.6504

Let’s just call it Demon Stalker, or Death Hunter, Dark Weaver.

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

It’s high concept. You’ll understand when you’re older.

How old do you need to grow to understand what “high concept” means?

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

It couldn’t POSSIBLY be that we are poking a little fun at Anet over this name thing right? i mean we must all be seriously kitten here and that is the only reason for the threads filling with all the really bad names.

See, here’s the thing, I think there is a very small number of people seriously upset about the DH name, and the rest of us think it more silly than anything and are having some fun with it all now.

Seriously, lighten up. its all good.

There’s a fine line between poking fun and providing feedback and straight up insulting someone’s work and intelligence.