And those who dont buy expansion?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’m pretty sure non-HoT players will be able to access the new map when it’s in play.

However, it’s technically a HoT map. There might be some areas where Masteries from HoT can be used, such as gliding. Those unable to gain those Masteries will be at a disadvantage, even if it’s only in ease of travel.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

“And those who don’t buy exapnsion?”

Will be burned alive!

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Overheard in LA map chat in 10 months when HoT gets released: “Guild recruiting. Heavy WvW guild. HoT owners only*”.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

Let’s be honest though: customers not spending money on their game isn’t exactly the focal point of developing an expansion. Not a bad thing, just a business looking to remain profitable.

That said, I’m sure there will be stuff for people who continue to play for free. Just won’t be a priority.

Based on the last two day’s info I won’t be getting this expansion and I spend a lot of money on this game!

Then you’ll have spent money, but are unable to get the expansion stuff. I spend my share on Gem Store stuff as well, but I understand the expansion is its own thing.

Yeah, I understand and accept that. My only point was that there are a lot of people who have been “supporting” the game that didn’t ask for, and don’t want, this expansion.

yes, and there are also a lot of people that spent money on this game that wanted it, and will spend more money to have that expansion.

“i bought gems” doesn’t make your argument any more valid than the next.

It’s not an argument, except on your end. I will not be buying this expansion, for many different reasons I have discussed in many different threads. I’m not telling you what to do so what’s your issue with me expressing my opinion?

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

While I am a proponent of not dictating how other people should spend their money, I can only offer them this: your loss, because you get what you pay for. I have no sympathy for those who do not wish to pay the price for a product/service while the rest of us do, then turn around and complain that they are not being catered to. The non-expansion content will likely take a backseat since it is, for the most part, fleshed out to the point that it doesn’t need significant attention.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Oh, there may be some additions in the HoT area as well, but yes the main LS storyline will be in the “base” world. They’ve already said this somewhere, but I don’t remember where or when.

I bet you theres only gonna be LS on the new maps, or at least locked for people with HoT, which is FINE.

Unlike what people love to say here, ANet is not trying to squeeze every penny from you, not when they give you bag loads of FREE content and even allow you to trade in-game gold directly for gems.
You could have just bought the game on day one, not spend another cent and you haven’t been locked out of anything until today, nothing at all. How many MMOs can you say the same?

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I bet you theres only gonna be LS on the new maps, or at least locked for people with HoT, which is FINE.

Unlike what people love to say here, ANet is not trying to squeeze every penny from you, not when they give you bag loads of FREE content and even allow you to trade in-game gold directly for gems.
You could have just bought the game on day one, not spend another cent and you haven’t been locked out of anything until today, nothing at all. How many MMOs can you say the same?

Very good points. Those who don’t buy the expansion can continue to play the GW2 content they have now and will no doubt be able to play on the new WvW map.

I personally do not believe that LS series 3 will continue in the base game. It may but I think it will require HoT too.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

People who don’t buy the expansion won’t get to play with most of the features of the expansion.

It’s like people who sort the Hobbit and paid to see it, don’t get to see the second Hobbit movie until they pay again. It’s not like the story finished with the first movie. They’ll never know what happens if they don’t pay to see the sequel.

Naturally some people will wait a longer time until it comes out on video, or comes on cable., but they’re still paying to rent it then, or paying for cable every month.

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

Tell me where they mentioned this? I recall him specifically stating “will be added to the Borderland rotation”. No mention of replacement, no mention of making maps a weekly thing (such as they did with sPvP and it’s “main maps”).

http://youtu.be/gxLkfXwxLTs?t=43m16s

If anything I read the word “rotation” in that sentence as meaning how which map is your team’s ‘home world’map changes and how your color equally changes. Because this map has “3 unique keeps”, I’m sure it rotates through as to which team starts at which location to which main keeps. That’s the way I read rotation as fitting into the current setting of the game.

If anything what they MIGHT do is remove a single Boarderland, leave 2 of the 3 clones, and replace it with the new one. They’d still rotate out which map has which team starting at which keep primarily. But there’s an issue with that and the “3 worlds” match up: the spawning pavilion. You know that big thing up north of the Northern Keep? Right now because there are 3 clones, each world gets ownership of 1 pavilion on one of the 3 maps. If they were to remove one map for replacement with this new one it would leave 1 of the 3 worlds without a pavilion spawning map. But that might be a minor issue at best because it is mainly a spawn and the whole of having an AH/Bank/things up there is more or less convenience rather than just going to Divinity’s Reach.

You said it yourself, “borderland rotation” implies rotating out the maps for the borderlands, not adding in a new map altogether in addition to the originals.

It was also pointed out earlier but I’ll say it again, if they remove one borderland and replace it and leave the other two as the standard map, then one server will have a terrain advantage in defence over the other two, ruining the whole point of having 3 identical borderlands.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

Well I’m sure there’ll be some free feature packs eventually and the living story should continue, too.

Actually kind of curious how the living story will continue without touching the expansion for the expansion-less people.

It will take place in the old maps, and start by dealing with the fallout of the fight against Mordy.

Eventually, some new threat will rise up, and the story will start to focus on that. This will then become the intro for expansion #2.

Heart of Ice, heart of Fire and Heart of Stone (crystals) confirmed!

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Overheard in LA map chat in 10 months when HoT gets released: “Guild recruiting. Heavy WvW guild. HoT owners only*”.

Not likely. My reasoning it did not happen that way in Guild Wars 1. Players in guilds just bowed out of self made guild events that required those areas. They felt left out and bought the other campaigns.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

psizone.8437

Not likely. My reasoning it did not happen that way in Guild Wars 1. Players in guilds just bowed out of self made guild events that required those areas. They felt left out and bought the other campaigns.

Extremely likely, a lot of dedicated WvW guilds only allow certain classes and builds to join them so it would make sense that some would only allow people with the expansion pack and have the maximum capacity for classes and builds to join.

anzenketh.3759

Extremely likely, a lot of dedicated WvW guilds only allow certain classes and builds to join them so it would make sense that some would only allow people with the expansion pack and have the maximum capacity for classes and builds to join.

I have never heard of them. It also sounds like a guild I would not want to join. My comment was not that it would not happened. It was more that it is likely it would not be as rampant as people it sounded. I would venture 5% or less of currently active guilds will actually require the expansion. So if it does happen it is a statistical anomaly and irrelevant.

psizone.8437

I have never heard of them. It also sounds like a guild I would not want to join. My comment was not that it would not happened. It was more that it is likely it would not be as rampant as people it sounded. I would venture 5% or less of currently active guilds will actually require the expansion. So if it does happen it is a statistical anomaly and irrelevant.

Like I said, it’s only dedicated WvW only guilds that tend to do it, if you go into WvW or EoTM you’ll see them fairly often.

It’s entirely reasonable to not want to join them, but they limit the classes and builds to be as efficient at zergbusting and fighting in WvW as possible. With HoT bringing new specs and a new class, having it could provide more efficient builds to suit their purpose.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I think people are greatly overestimating the number of people who won’t buy the expansion.

There are three groups here. People that buy the expansion, those that won’t buy the expansion, and those that won’t immediately buy the expansion. What matters here is whether the people from the last group move to first or second one after a time. If you give too much content to the core, they may not feel the incentive to buy HoT, but if you lock out too much, it may push some of them to leave. In that regard, i feel that completely locking the mastery system beyond HoT (instead of just locking the Heart of Maguuma regional masteries) is a bad move.

The same with WvW – locking out some WvW areas behind expansion may cause some WvW players to quit playing that gamemode (and, let’s be honest, it’s not like WvW is plagued by overabundance of players currently).

I don’t need to go into detail over consequences of expansion-locking guild houses, i hope.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Let’s put it like this: if you don’t buy the expansion, you will miss alot of the new updates and features in GW2. That’s how expansions work. They are not meant to be DLC’s packs that you choose to buy just because you want more story. They are packs with fundemental changes and additions to the game, that progression may seem over for those who don’t buy the expansions.

This have been the case in WoW and almost every single MMORPG out there. It was the case for GW1 too so I do believe Anet will go that route too.

anzenketh.3759

Someone else put it best in another thread.

In most MMORPGs, progression is almost over for those who don’t buy the expansion and it will probably be the same here for the most part.

This is not living world season that you are buying if you like the story. This is an expansion that you buy if you want to keep playing GW2 while getting new features and updates.

You can play WoW without any expansion however, doing that will limit you from progression byeond what you got at the start of the game, for the most part. Same thing will aply here I would assume. This is how the MMO industry works.

If you want to progress in Guild Wars 2 you will need to buy the expansion. If you don’t then you don’t need to buy the expansion. This includes progressing your character beyond the point you currently can. This includes progressing in the story beyond the point you currently can.

Posted by: JLHiggs.6258

JLHiggs.6258

Whilst it’ll be a small number of players that don’t buy the expansion and play WvW, it’ll be extremely bad publicity for them if they shut out even a small number of players from a game mode they’d been playing for years.

No, it won’t be bad publicity, because this is standard across all MMOs. Ultimately, there won’t be players without the expansion who continue playing this game (at least not more than 1-2%). It’s a myth. It’s a nice theoretical exercise but ultimately every active player in GW2 will buy HoT or quit.

HoT, if it’s like any major expansion any other major MMO has put out, will also create interest and bring in new players who buy the bundle. The game will have a larger unified player base post-HoT than we do now, even if we lose a few folks who want more free content.

psizone.8437

Whilst it’ll be a small number of players that don’t buy the expansion and play WvW, it’ll be extremely bad publicity for them if they shut out even a small number of players from a game mode they’d been playing for years.

No, it won’t be bad publicity, because this is standard across all MMOs. Ultimately, there won’t be players without the expansion who continue playing this game (at least not more than 1-2%). It’s a myth. It’s a nice theoretical exercise but ultimately every active player in GW2 will buy HoT or quit.

HoT, if it’s like any major expansion any other major MMO has put out, will also create interest and bring in new players who buy the bundle. The game will have a larger unified player base post-HoT than we do now, even if we lose a few folks who want more free content.

They’ve stated that you won’t need the expansion to keep playing the base game, if this new map is on a rotation, if it isn’t free for everyone, it would contradict that.

I don’t doubt the majority will buy the expansion or quit, but even if it’s an extremely small number of players that just want to play the base game, they’ll need to make sure they don’t prevent them from doing so.

I don’t understand why people are being so aggressive about one map in the most neglected game mode in the game being free.

Posted by: JLHiggs.6258

JLHiggs.6258

They’ve stated that you won’t need the expansion to keep playing the base game, if this new map is on a rotation, if it isn’t free for everyone, it would contradict that.

I don’t doubt the majority will buy the expansion or quit, but even if it’s an extremely small number of players that just want to play the base game, they’ll need to make sure they don’t prevent them from doing so.

I don’t understand why people are being so aggressive about one map in the most neglected game mode in the game being free.

It’s because it’s not a big deal and those saying that rotating out one map out of 4 available is some violation of some blood pact ArenaNet made with us. Yes, you can continue playing the base game, and you will still have multiple WvW maps to choose from. You won’t have one of your nearly identical borderlands to choose from, big deal.

As I said, however, these experiments in the hypothetical based on some fictional core game non-HoT playerbase are counterproductive. That playerbase will be far too small to deserve any development team time or ArenaNet attention.

psizone.8437

It’s because it’s not a big deal and those saying that rotating out one map out of 4 available is some violation of some blood pact ArenaNet made with us. Yes, you can continue playing the base game, and you will still have multiple WvW maps to choose from. You won’t have one of your nearly identical borderlands to choose from, big deal.

As a primarily WvW player, yes, it is a big deal.

If one server has terrain and defenses to keep their borderlands defended easier than the other two then it would utterly destroy the PPT system that we have in place right now. It’s got to be all 3 borderlands that change, it would not work any other way.

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

1) With the many updates WvW has gotten -EotM, WvW “masteries”, borderland map revisions with the lakes, ect- it is by far NOT the most negelcted game mode in the game.

2) Because we’re talking about ‘freeloaders’ wanting, nay DEMANDING, that a feature listed in a paid expansion be free to them because of some sense of self entitlement.

FACT: There is nothing in the developer’s announcement or the interviews that follow that indicates that they will remove old maps.

The word “rotation” doesn’t just mean changing out maps every few weeks and there is no underlying context to support that assumption either. The word “rotation” can just refer to the teamup rotations that go on every two weeks as they have been since forever ago. That means who takes starting control of which keeps based on which spawn they are at “rotates” based on ranking, just as their team color also “rotates”. Understand? Nothing doing about completely changing WvW so only 1-2 maps is available in rotation every few weeks as that would be a complete flip to what the current design of WvW is now.

So please stop with the twisting of words to convey your own desires for free content from this expansion. I’m pretty sure and hoping as much that the new WvW map will be EXPANSION ONLY as will all the other features. A.Net is a business, not a charity. They need to sell a product and won’t do so by giving away it for free.

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

The people who don’t want the expansion will probably enjoy whatever upgrades to the AI the expansion comes.

I am sure overtime once sales are down they might put an expansion in the cash shop, as a way to stimulate gem growth.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

I don’t think they’ll completely forget about people who don’t buy the expansion, but… there was probably a reason they dropped the game to $10 the weekend of the announcement.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

(edited by Andred.1087)

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Why is there somebody expected to play a game’s paid content for free?

Especially after they have already enjoyed multiple free updates for over 2 years….

There are no free lunch, dude…

psizone.8437

1) With the many updates WvW has gotten -EotM, WvW “masteries”, borderland map revisions with the lakes, ect- it is by far NOT the most negelcted game mode in the game.

2) Because we’re talking about ‘freeloaders’ wanting, nay DEMANDING, that a feature listed in a paid expansion be free to them because of some sense of self entitlement.

FACT: There is nothing in the developer’s announcement or the interviews that follow that indicates that they will remove old maps.

The word “rotation” doesn’t just mean changing out maps every few weeks and there is no underlying context to support that assumption either. The word “rotation” can just refer to the teamup rotations that go on every two weeks as they have been since forever ago. That means who takes starting control of which keeps based on which spawn they are at “rotates” based on ranking, just as their team color also “rotates”. Understand? Nothing doing about completely changing WvW so only 1-2 maps is available in rotation every few weeks as that would be a complete flip to what the current design of WvW is now.

So please stop with the twisting of words to convey your own desires for free content from this expansion. I’m pretty sure and hoping as much that the new WvW map will be EXPANSION ONLY as will all the other features. A.Net is a business, not a charity. They need to sell a product and won’t do so by giving away it for free.

That’s essentially 3 changes in 2 and a half years. PvE has the living world and PvP has had a complete overhaul of their reward system. Out of the 3 game modes, WvW is the least updated.

at 44:25 “brand new WvW borderland map that will be added to the borderland rotation” they tell us that the borderlands will be placed on a rotation, I’m not twisting anything to match my agenda, that’s exactly what they said. As I said in an above comment, changing one map and giving a server a borderland that could have a tactical advantage over the other servers could ruin the PPT system we use.

I personally don’t want free content, I’m going to pay for the darn expansion and I’m looking forward to it, but blindly spewing hate towards people that might not buy it or can’t buy it and saying they’re not entitled to ask for something that could prevent them playing their current base game experience is just as bad, if not worse than asking for lots of free content and being “entitled”.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I personally don’t want free content, I’m going to pay for the darn expansion and I’m looking forward to it, but blindly spewing hate towards people that might not buy it or can’t buy it and saying they’re not entitled to ask for something that could prevent them playing their current base game experience is just as bad, if not worse than asking for lots of free content and being “entitled”.

Going to butt in here, Hes saying that to people who are dead set against buying the expansion for whatever reason, not those that might not buy it or cant buy it.

Im neutral on this, im so used to traditional expansions in any genre that it wouldnt bother me in the slightest if this was locked behind the expansion. However, at the same time, there are people who wont be able to play WvW anymore. In the end, they may go the way of GW1 though and other traditional expansions where “If you dont buy it, to bad”

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Tron.3471

Tron.3471

If you want to get left behind, then you don’t have to get the expansion. I don’t understand why there is an expectation of getting the expansion content for free.

psizone.8437

Going to butt in here, Hes saying that to people who are dead set against buying the expansion for whatever reason, not those that might not buy it or cant buy it.

Im neutral on this, im so used to traditional expansions in any genre that it wouldnt bother me in the slightest if this was locked behind the expansion. However, at the same time, there are people who wont be able to play WvW anymore. In the end, they may go the way of GW1 though and other traditional expansions where “If you dont buy it, to bad”

It sounded to me that he was calling out anyone that wasn’t going to buy the expansion regardless if they were just worried about losing their current game content.

It’s just the WvW map I’m concerned about, they’ve stated that people that don’t buy the game can still play the base game they’ve been playing. If they locked them out of a WvW map, that would contradict the whole “continue playing the base game” comment.

That’s one tiny portion of the expansion, the one part that could affect the base game as it stands. I really don’t think asking if that’s going to be free for everyone justifies insults and condescension.

Posted by: Mia Crazymike.1780

Mia Crazymike.1780

In the end, we’re all going to buy the expansion.

Posted by: Ozgar Heavyhammer.6701

Ozgar Heavyhammer.6701

My question is who ISN’T going to buy the expansion? and for what reason. Because lets face it, if you don’t buy it you will get left behind, thats how it works for MMO’s and GW2 is no exception.

Honestly though, everyone who cares enough to keep playing WILL buy the expansion I gaurantee it

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

what will happen to those who dont buy the expansion will they be left out

They won’t get the new class, they won’t get to go to the new Maguuma Jungle zones, they won’t get masteries (confirmed yesterday). They probably won’t get to go into Guild Halls or play GvG, and the new WvW map is anyone’s guess. Most likely you’ll get a Willy Wonka

Attachments:

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Well I’m sure there’ll be some free feature packs eventually and the living story should continue, too.

Actually kind of curious how the living story will continue without touching the expansion for the expansion-less people.

Most likely the same as how S2 touched it for those who didn’t do S1 or all of the Personal Story.

“Presume it was done. Moving on.”

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

I love how many people want to be the unique snowflake, and go against buying the expansion. If you do not want the expansion then do not buy it. Why come on to the forms and try to find out what you will not have access too. Just assume everything you have access to now you will still have access to. Anything new added you will not have access to. If there is a daily that is made up of all expansion items, guess what do not come on here complaining you do not have access to it. Stop trying to limit the people that actually want to spend money and support the game.

psizone.8437

I love how many people want to be the unique snowflake, and go against buying the expansion. If you do not want the expansion then do not buy it. Why come on to the forms and try to find out what you will not have access too. Just assume everything you have access to now you will still have access to. Anything new added you will not have access to. If there is a daily that is made up of all expansion items, guess what do not come on here complaining you do not have access to it. Stop trying to limit the people that actually want to spend money and support the game.

Again, you didn’t read the whole thread. One of the new things being added could limit the base game itself. That’s one of the questions being asked, it’s not about “oh, can we get this and that? I bought the base game”, it’s “oh, that new thing, will that one be free since it might replace what I’ve been playing in the base game this whole time”

It’s not just about “being a unique snowflake” I think that’s very rude to assume, people may be buying the expansion late due to personal issues or monetary problems, calling them out on it can’t be nice for them.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

If you don’t buy expansion don’t panic. Just follow these steps for your HoT experience:

1. Make an engi.
2. Equip flametrower.
3. Go to brisban wildlands map near entrance to silverwastes.
4. burn vines with flamethrower. Don’t use skills #3-#5, just #1 and #2.
5. Profit.

There you go, you made your home-made HoT experience, and without waiting for x-pac:)

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

That’s essentially 3 changes in 2 and a half years. PvE has the living world and PvP has had a complete overhaul of their reward system. Out of the 3 game modes, WvW is the least updated.

at 44:25 “brand new WvW borderland map that will be added to the borderland rotation” they tell us that the borderlands will be placed on a rotation, I’m not twisting anything to match my agenda, that’s exactly what they said. As I said in an above comment, changing one map and giving a server a borderland that could have a tactical advantage over the other servers could ruin the PPT system we use.

I do think that most agree that WvW has gotten the least amount of attention. And ETOM is not a WvW update. But that’s neither here nor there.

If they simply intend to add the new WvW map to the current existing maps for a total of 5 maps in play every week then “rotation” was a poor choice of words for them to use.

But I can’t imagine them simply adding the new map. There aren’t enough players for the current 4 maps. Adding another map would be ridiculous.

And there’s no way they would mix 1 or 2 new BL maps and 2 or 1 old BL maps in the same week.

They way I understood “rotation” is that one week there will be the old BL maps + EB. The next week there will be the new BL maps + EB. They will rotate them on a week to week basis.

Only being able to play in EB for a week if you don’t buy the expansion would suck though.

psizone.8437

I do think that most agree that WvW has gotten the least amount of attention. And ETOM is not a WvW update. But that’s neither here nor there.

If they simply intend to add the new WvW map to the current existing maps for a total of 5 maps in play every week then “rotation” was a poor choice of words for them to use.

But I can’t imagine them simply adding the new map. There aren’t enough players for the current 4 maps. Adding another map would be ridiculous.

And there’s no way they would mix 1 or 2 new BL maps and 2 or 1 old BL maps in the same week.

They way I understood “rotation” is that one week there will be the old BL maps + EB. The next week there will be the new BL maps + EB. They will rotate them on a week to week basis.

Only being able to play in EB for a week if you don’t buy the expansion would suck though.

Exactly, glad you came forward to back me up on that. Thanks.

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Again, you didn’t read the whole thread. One of the new things being added could limit the base game itself. That’s one of the questions being asked, it’s not about “oh, can we get this and that? I bought the base game”, it’s “oh, that new thing, will that one be free since it might replace what I’ve been playing in the base game this whole time”

It’s not just about “being a unique snowflake” I think that’s very rude to assume, people may be buying the expansion late due to personal issues or monetary problems, calling them out on it can’t be nice for them.

I really do not think you understand. Why limit the game for people that support it by purchasing the expansion. You are asking for the game to revolve around the people who do not support it. The game is going to change, if people are looking for a game that will not change purchase any single player game. Why should I who will buy the expansion be limited because there are people that do not purchase it. I really think for the first month every daily should be based on the new maps, that goes for WvW, PvP, and PvE. We are purchasing the game, we are supporting the game. Just be happy that you can still play parts of the game without owning the expansion.

Not trying to be rude, but this comes up in so many games when an expansion is announced. The people that do not purchase the expansion expect the game to revolve around them going forward with claims of “you are taking away what I bought”. No you bought into an ever changing game, if you do not like it, I am sure they could ask for a refund.

psizone.8437

I really do not think you understand. Why limit the game for people that support it by purchasing the expansion. You are asking for the game to revolve around the people who do not support it. The game is going to change, if people are looking for a game that will not change purchase any single player game. Why should I who will buy the expansion be limited because there are people that do not purchase it. I really think for the first month every daily should be based on the new maps, that goes for WvW, PvP, and PvE. We are purchasing the game, we are supporting the game. Just be happy that you can still play parts of the game without owning the expansion.

Not trying to be rude, but this comes up in so many games when an expansion is announced. The people that do not purchase the expansion expect the game to revolve around them going forward with claims of “you are taking away what I bought”. No you bought into an ever changing game, if you do not like it, I am sure they could ask for a refund.

Please do try to explain how letting non-purchasers play WvW limits your experience within the game. Asking if one thing is going to be free is NOT asking for the whole game to revolve around non-purchasers.

It was stated that those who do not purchase the expansion will be able to continue playing as they do now, what’s being asked here is clarification due to the WvW map being a wildcard.

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

~Snip~

I don’t need to go into detail over consequences of expansion-locking guild houses, i hope.

You do know that you are going to discover the entrances to the Guild Halls in HoT, don’t you? (It was in one of the post PAX South interviews).

Posted by: Iretha.7625

Iretha.7625

Please do try to explain how letting non-purchasers play WvW limits your experience within the game. Asking if one thing is going to be free is NOT asking for the whole game to revolve around non-purchasers.

It was stated that those who do not purchase the expansion will be able to continue playing as they do now, what’s being asked here is clarification due to the WvW map being a wildcard.

I don’t see how it COULD limit expansion-less people’s gaming experience. We don’t have enough information, we know it’ll be put into a rotation – but how will this rotation work? Will all three of the borderlands become the new map on certain weeks, or will 1-2 borderlands alternate between the new and old map? Maybe only one borderland will permanently become the new map whilst the other two remain the same, and which base you start with on said borderland will “rotate” with your color of the week.

Even IF on given weeks ALL of the borderland maps become the new map, what’s stopping non-expac players from simply going into EBG?

You can ask for clarification but it’s not going to be given until Anet chooses to release information on it. (Probably via the articles like with the new Mastery system.)

psizone.8437

I don’t see how it COULD limit expansion-less people’s gaming experience. We don’t have enough information, we know it’ll be put into a rotation – but how will this rotation work? Will all three of the borderlands become the new map on certain weeks, or will 1-2 borderlands alternate between the new and old map? Maybe only one borderland will permanently become the new map whilst the other two remain the same, and which base you start with on said borderland will “rotate” with your color of the week.

Even IF on given weeks ALL of the borderland maps become the new map, what’s stopping non-expac players from simply going into EBG?

You can ask for clarification but it’s not going to be given until Anet chooses to release information on it. (Probably via the articles like with the new Mastery system.)

You just explained how it COULD limit gameplay yourself. And yes, the only way to get information is from Anet directly, that’s the whole point of these threads.

And yes, even if they take away the ability to go into the borderlands they could go into EB, but that doesn’t change the fact that they’d be taking away the ability to go into the borderlands.

Iretha.7625

You just explained how it COULD limit gameplay yourself. And yes, the only way to get information is from Anet directly, that’s the whole point of these threads.

And yes, even if they take away the ability to go into the borderlands they could go into EB, but that doesn’t change the fact that they’d be taking away the ability to go into the borderlands.

IF and only IF all of the borderlands become the new map on a rotation. (Assuming the other TWO possibilities I mentioned don’t come to pass.) IF that did happen, expansion-less WvW-ers going into EB for a week doesn’t seem like much of a limitation at all. They can still play WvW just fine, and they can potentially go into other borderlands that aren’t rotated as the new map.

I’m not saying it’s impossible – but I doubt an arenanet employee is going to clarify here and now when it’s most likely going to be clarified when they release more information about it. And until they do, it’s just a whole lot of speculation, opinion, and argumentation.

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

If they make it 3 maps and leave EBG as is, it wont restrict WvW in it’s entirety, it will gate content ,however, I don’t see them making 3 maps expac only and 1 map base. Rather I think EBG will be replaced with the new map every week.
It means that you get to be in TS listening to everyone else have fun in the new map while you sit there

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Iretha.7625

Actually, this same thread’s question has been posted here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Questions-you-want-Answered/first

And a dev has been looking at the thread, (although they have stated that they cannot answer some questions because of the “Deep dives” that they’ll be doing on certain features.) So if you’re hoping for an answer to the question after they do an article on the subject you’re likely to find it there.

psizone.8437

I’m not saying it’s impossible – but I doubt an arenanet employee is going to clarify here and now when it’s most likely going to be clarified when they release more information about it. And until they do, it’s just a whole lot of speculation, opinion, and argumentation.

Speculation, opinion and argumentation is half the fun of coming to the forums, especially when it’s polite arguments and conversations.

I’ve lost way too many of my own posts here because the posts I quoted and replied to were deleted by mods, they were less than pleasant…

psizone.8437

Actually, this same thread’s question has been posted here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Questions-you-want-Answered/first

And a dev has been looking at the thread, (although they have stated that they cannot answer some questions because of the “Deep dives” that they’ll be doing on certain features.) So if you’re hoping for an answer to the question after they do an article on the subject you’re likely to find it there.

Cheers for posting this. I’ve been keeping an eye on that thread just in case new info is posted, too.

At this point, I’m only posting here whenever someone directs something at me, insults people or asks a question I either have answers to or a valid opinion on.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

~Snip~

You do know that you are going to discover the entrances to the Guild Halls in HoT, don’t you? (It was in one of the post PAX South interviews).

The question is, if the xpac will be required for the guild leader, to unlock a guildhall, or will it be required from all members.
In the second case i see a lot of guilds kicking those of their members that happened to be slow in buying xpac. Or at least some really nasty in-guild divides forming.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

This game is buy to play. You’ve bought the base game. Three years later you’re being asked to buy an expansion. If its that much of a problem for you, save up, get a job and if its still an issue, then you probably shouldn’t be playing video games as much, nevermind an MMO.

Man up.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.