I opened a random chest from the pvp reward track and… why!? T.T

Attachments:

Wyrdfell Guild Leader | Forum Wyrdfell

An italian guild on Seafarer’s Rest

Anet... Why!?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Why what? Why is this in the HoT forum? It’s a cool looking hammer, but it’s on the TP for only 4-5G.

Anet... Why!?

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

if you look carefully, you can see that it’s not a pre.

You’re fine :P

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Anet... Why!?

Posted by: Wiol.6415

Wiol.6415

Yeah but i dropped it on my beta character… so i cant trade it <.<
(there is the gyro icon, but it’s hidden a little)

Wyrdfell Guild Leader | Forum Wyrdfell

An italian guild on Seafarer’s Rest

Anet... Why!?

MiniEquine.6014

Ah, I see. It’s fine; you can earn that with a VW run in the Silverwastes. I tend not to pick up any items if I can help it while on beta characters. It’s not worth the worry for me since everything will get deleted anyway.

Anet... Why!?

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

I’ve already received Ascended gear in WvW on beta characters, best bet is to forgo looting or opening reward chests.

Anet... Why!?

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

Why can you not trade it? Go to your bank, put it in there, relog, sell. Worked for me on a few items.

Anet... Why!?

MiniEquine.6014

Why can you not trade it? Go to your bank, put it in there, relog, sell. Worked for me on a few items.

This should not be possible. Your beta characters are, for all intents and purposes, a completely separate clone of your personal account. You cannot use the TP or trade items between your beta bank and your regular account bank.

Anet... Why!?

Halvorn.9831

Well ok, then here’s a bug report. Went to Mists on my beta chars, placed loot in my regular account bank, logged to a non-beta char, retrieved items, soldd on TP.

I wasn’t even aware that this was not intended. I just thought TP was disabled on beta chars so they could not buy things from gem store that would be lost when they are purged.

Anet... Why!?

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Eh? All I see are a bunch of dumb names in the background.
:P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Anet... Why!?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

if it worked then you already had said item in normal bank and sold that one

Anet... Why!?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Well ok, then here’s a bug report. Went to Mists on my beta chars, placed loot in my regular account bank, logged to a non-beta char, retrieved items, soldd on TP.

I wasn’t even aware that this was not intended. I just thought TP was disabled on beta chars so they could not buy things from gem store that would be lost when they are purged.

Thanks for this bug report, Halvorn. I’ve forwarded it to the devs.

Can anyone else confirm that they were able to sell items in the manner described above? Thank you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Anet... Why!?

Posted by: Ofir.2405

Ofir.2405

When I tried puting some loot from my beta char to my account bank and then relogged with my main char it didnt work. The loot wasnt in the bank in my main char. Not sure how it worked for others but for me it didnt.

Anet... Why!?

MiniEquine.6014

if it worked then you already had said item in normal bank and sold that one

I’m guessing this is more likely the case, but there could be serious abuses with this given how many exotic items they hand you for nothing on the beta characters. There were multiple people pulling precursors by throwing their revenant exotics in the MF during the first beta weekend, so hopefully this is just a fluke.

Anet... Why!?

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Yeah, did not see this happen; bout had a heart attack wondering if the opposite may have happened, I used some really expensive stuff on my rev, would have been heartbroken if the unlock and the item got wiped out when beta wipes lol, all good though, its all still there, my account separation worked as intended

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Anet... Why!?

Posted by: Tregarde.6031

Tregarde.6031

Oh drat! I tried that first BWE and it didn’t work, so I didn’t even try this weekend. If I’d know that it could work I’d have had some nice stuff to sell on my non-Beta characters. Hehe.

Anet... Why!?

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Thanks for this bug report, Halvorn. I’ve forwarded it to the devs.

Can anyone else confirm that they were able to sell items in the manner described above? Thank you.

I have tried right now, and i dced me out.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Anet... Why!?

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

Yeah, I was sad to get Coldsnap on my beta Reaper. It is really fitting… but nothing I am not planning to buy as soon as I have 4g again >.>

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Anet... Why!?

Posted by: risa.1382

risa.1382

I got a vision crystal on a beta character…
Opening chests is just automatic, what a waste.

Anet... Why!?

Posted by: BillFreist

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Bank access from beta characters is a beta copy of your bank. Items dont transfer between beta and non-beta characters. You must have already had those items in your bank.

Anet... Why!?

Halvorn.9831

Bank access from beta characters is a beta copy of your bank. Items dont transfer between beta and non-beta characters. You must have already had those items in your bank.

Maybe this bank copy action was bugged for new HoT-purchases? I bought my HoT only a few minutes before I created the character in question on friday evening (Europe).

I went with my BWE3-Revenant to the Hearts of the Mist. I placed two rares (Helm of Dwayna, Staff of Accuracy) in there plus some bloodstone shards. I placed them in my 8th bank tab, where there are only harvesting axes and sickles. I relogged to one of my non-beta chars (cannot remember which one) and found the two rares at the place where I’d placed them. I don’t have any rares in my bank normally, as I immediately sell them, but since the beta chars didn’t have direct TP access, I decided to mule them. I cannot tell you whether the number of bloodstone shards has permanently increased, since I didn’t memorize before/after figures.

I’m not sure whether such a potential bug is of any importance, since this is quite likely the last BWE anyways and next time around there is no bank split anymore, but if my additional info helps you recheck, I’m glad to have helped.