AngryJoe Interview - HoT Questions for Devs?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Pictures.8954

Pictures.8954

Hi AngryJoe, I love your show! I have one main question in that what new Legendaries are in store for us? (even just one would make me happy!) The reason I ask is that I am still in the process of making a legendary and would be elated to see what new/quirky things they come up next. Also, when is the Super Adventure Box coming back? Thank you very much!

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Love your show, Joe!

Anyway, only one question has really burned within me, and that is, will specializations be an addon to your class (that all get eventually and use to various extents), or a choice for your class. right now there is a lot of disconnect in this forum since some assume one of them, some the other.

Posted by: AmFah.4389

AmFah.4389

Lol is AngryJoe going to beg for a review copy of the demo before everyone else, like he does with every game he reviews? You could follow http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/wiki/returningplayers though if you really want some quick informaiton.

Posted by: ThanatosAngel.8024

ThanatosAngel.8024

Hey Joe! I literally just finished watching your Evolve review! (Hoping you’ll do a review for The Order: 1886, but that’s another matter…)

In April 2014, a feature patch was released that bumped trait unlocking from level 11 to level 30 and forced players to unlock individual traits by doing tedious tasks around the world, or alternatively forced us to fork over gold and skill points in order to unlock them without lifting a finger, which was far too expensive.
Since then, there has been a huge outcry about the changes they’ve made to the trait system which worked just fine before, with a huge thread that just got bigger and bigger over the months that followed, asking about potential changes to the trait unlocking system. We’ve gotten very little in return besides “we’re working on it.” Maybe if you asked in person, they’ll actually give a concrete response on that issue. Trait unlocking as it stands is has players waiting too long to get to the meat and potatoes of character building, and using skill points as currency is also toxic to new players just starting out with a small pool of them when they absolutely need a trait.

And of course, ask about new dungeon/raid content since they’ve been vague on that too.

Posted by: Mr Seevs.5129

Mr Seevs.5129

Q: In terms of group content, will they be adding new fractals/dungeons/something new?

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

Question: Will we finally see the Pale Tree Malyck came from and if so, will we see “more” pale tree’s and will they be defined as Pale Tree’s or will each individual tree culture have its own tree name and identity?

Also, will we encounter a corrupted Pale Tree?

Posted by: Taygeta.9124

Taygeta.9124

Your review of this Guild Wars 2 was the reason I bought it, and I am 5000 game-play hours in. Your level of energy and detailed review points really got me excited for the game. I just watched the review video again, and I am happy to note that most of the game flaws mentioned in the original review has been addressed. The game has gotten really polished over all this time.

I want to ask if you believe that expansion will live up to the hype.

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

I remember your Review Joe. I really liked that one.
OK, if you don’t mind I’ll start with how the game evolved(PvE, since I play barely anything else) and then add my questions:

First off the multi-server-system, which is pretty much the biggest change since it impacts a lot of the gameplay.
If a map is full, a new instance of it will be created, running parallel and independently from the others. Event-chains may be completed on one map-instance, while the same event isn’t even triggered on the other instance.
As long as there is room, the system tries to put parties or even whole guilds on one map so they can play together. If you join a party over the new lfg-tool and see it’s on another instance of your map, you can join there instance via right-clicking on one of their pics in your party(at least as long as their map isn’t full).
While this is mostly a great system, it’s now kinda hard to find a map in Orr where you can do one of the temple-events.

Dungeons got a rework. Each path of a dungeon only rewards you fully once per day. You can still grind that path, but the reward is kinda small.

Armor-repair is free now.

While you had to buy mastery-books in the initial release to unlock higher tiers of traits, you now get that pretty much for free. In turn you have to travel the whole game-world with each new character and do specific tasks to unlock each and every trait. The highest traits are linked to the temples in orr, which is kinda hard to fullfill with the new mega-servers.
Of course, you can ignore that mechanic and buy each trait at the trainers for gold and skill-points.
Btw: You can change your traits on the fly now, as long as you’re out of combat. No NPC or fee required to reset them anymore.

You can still apply each skin you like to your respective weapon- or armor-class.
While there are still some you can only buy at the ingame-story, you can exchange game-gold for gems and buy them with that.
Some of the skins from events or the black lion weapon-trader are really expensive at the trading-post. The greatsword skin from the first halloween-event is up to over 1000 gold.

Now about some of the content:
We got story-content for freeeee! Yay!
The first of them were grindy mega-events with a bit of story and unique design. They got mostly better with each new event, so Arenanet was improving.
Then game the Living World seasons.
The first one you could only play at the time it was released, shortly after it went off-line, never to be experienced again. Along with small goodies and skins you could earn.
In the late episodes of season 1, some of the goodies like resource-nodes for your home-instance returned. They could be purchased for event-tickets you earned.
Season 2 improved on that.
Each episode of season 2 was free as long as you just started the episode during the 2 weeks of it’s release. If you couldn’t be online in the game at that time, you have to buy that episode in the gem-store. Again, you can exchange large amounts of gold for gems and practically pay no real money for it, even if you have to farm a lot of gold to buy something.
Also the second episode contained a slightly grindy crafting-hunt that allowed you to craft an ascended(new, highest gear-tier for lvl80 chars) backpack for your characters.
The story was delivered via small cinematics and text-conversations. All the time your character would be mute.

Do you remember the manifold of gear-stat-sets you could equip? Berzerker, cleric, etc.? Well, in PvE the meta has become zerker-sets with barely anything else. You’ll even encounter players who despise anything and anyone that’s not running around with zerker-stuff.
Most of the community is still great though.

World bosses now run on a timer. In two ways actually. If you can’t beat them in a set amount of time, they just leave. Also, they spawn at specific day-times now. You just have to complete their pre-events at xx:xx am/pm and they’ll hop out conveniently.

Now my questions:
-Will asura finally get some shoe-skins for their armor, that are not just resized human shoes with nude asuran toes clipping out at the side? Even the paid armor-skins got that. It’s just a design-thing, but if you got a character with skins for thousand of gold, only to see nude toes clipping out of flashy caster-shoes or even armored boots for warriors(seriously? Heavily armored boots with nude toes?!), it’s just ridiculous.

-Will there finally be more female versions of armors for charr and asura?

-Any infos on guild halls would be appreciated.

-Some infos on the presentation of the personal story in the expansion would be nice.

Posted by: AngryJoeShow.5864

AngryJoeShow.5864

Thanks to everyone who replied and helped link to returning player threads (and even typed out their own summaries!) it’s all been immensely helpful to prepare for tomorrow mornings event!

Honestly when the expansion was announced it didn’t get me as hyped up as I thought it would. A lot of the content here in HoT is content I felt like should have already been in the game or at least in by now. What took so long? One new region? I’f I remember right GW 1 expansions would have multiple regions, and no new races or something that really grabs new players or return playrs attention aside from the revenant and specializations.

I’m hoping tomorrow can help change that and get me even more excited for the game! I really want to know just how much we can expect from HoT!

In any cAse the new stronghold, WvW, guild halls and guild wars is reason enough for me to return to participating in some AJSA events but I’m just hoping to add onto that!

I should be able to capture some footage specifically of gameplay (and I’ll search for specialization names) and maybe stronghold. But I doubt we will get much on guild stuff.

Again, thanks to everyone who replied! You guys rock!

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Some of the questions in this thread… Seriously people, Anet is not going to announce things like unrevealed specializations or what the new legendaries are to random people who ask about them. All your going to get is a “We aren’t ready to disclose that” type answer, which does nothing but waste the time of everyone involved.

As for questions of my own…

~ With the recent POI video showcasing the Revenant giving us a look at some neat new UI effects, is the general UI of the game and / or the UI of the existing professions going to be spruced up in any way?

~ How are you going to handle Expansion assets with regards to the core game and those who don’t get the expansion? The new regions are easy enough to block off from those who don’t buy, but what about the WvW / PvP maps, are guilds going to be unable to play together in those modes if all don’t have the expansion? What about masteries, it sounds as though perhaps ALL masteries will be locked to the expansion despite some being tied to the current GW2 areas, but is that indeed the case or will non-expansion players at least have access to the ones that apply to the current GW2 areas? And if you do need the expansion to access any masteries at all, do non-expansion players simply continue with the old leveling system (where you hit level 80 and continue to gain “levels” and skill points) or just stop altogether upon hitting 80?

~ Are specializations all going to be “equal”? Same number of weapon skills, utilities, same effect on the profession mechanics, everything? Or will some be more involved than others? Likewise, are they all going to be unlocked the exact same way, or are there going to be different things required for each one, hopefully with those different things being tied to the specialization itself (like Druid being gained by embarking on a quest to connect with nature or a quest related to the Maguuma Druids)?

Posted by: electricfate.3798

electricfate.3798

Hi Joe,

Please ask about Super Adventure Box on our behalf – mainly whether it will be returning anytime soon.

Thanks!

Posted by: Ayleid.9416

Ayleid.9416

Will condition be fixed?
Will AI be fixed?
Will RNG be fixed?
edit: will necromancer be fixed?

(edited by Ayleid.9416)

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

What about masteries, it sounds as though perhaps ALL masteries will be locked to the expansion despite some being tied to the current GW2 areas, but is that indeed the case or will non-expansion players at least have access to the ones that apply to the current GW2 areas? And if you do need the expansion to access any masteries at all, do non-expansion players simply continue with the old leveling system (where you hit level 80 and continue to gain “levels” and skill points) or just stop altogether upon hitting 80?

No question about the WvW borderland or PvP maps. I mean they can assume that their entire player base will buy HoT, but they should be realistic and tell us what do you get by buying HoT compared to someone who doesn’t [like is most of HoT contained inside of a “feature pack” that non-HoT owners will get].

As for masteries they have said (pretty sure it was a dev post at least), that you MUST have HoT to level/use masteries. You can unlock mastery points in the current areas but will be unable to spend them.

No clue about lvl’ing with skill points, I would assume that they will take leveling away from all lvl 80s. I do hope they announce ahead of time how this will affect Tomes of Knowledge, etc. (and also how, if at all, Tomes of Knowledge interact with the Mastery system)

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Hey guys,
I’ve got a trip here to ArenaNet for a Press Event on the upcoming Heart of Thorns Expansion for Guild Wars 2. You may remember my Guild Wars 2 Angry Review on Youtube about the game, I really loved it at release (dont know how its evolved since then)

Its since been something like 2+ years and I haven’t returned to the game (Decided I was going to wait for the Expansion) and here it finally is! However because ive been out of the loop so long I sorta missed out on most of the happenings and current issues with the game.

If you guys want to let me know anything that needs addressing or you have some good Heart of Thorns Expansion questions you’d like to get answered (and think they will answer early) leave them here!

There’s no one more familiar and knowledgeable about the game right now then you guys still here on the forums!

I hope to ask about or capture footage of Guild Halls, Guild Wars, and The New WvW Stuff if possible, but who knows what they have planned and seeing as how that’s very social content I may not be able to experience/capture it at a small event. But ill certainly ask.

AngryJoe, I am a huge fan of your videos. I love how you gave a very in depth review on the games while making it very entertaining. Since, you’re here, I want to request from you to please make more reviews. I miss them very much.

What I want to know when you’re going to the press conference:

• How does specialization for the professions work?
  • Can I use specialization in PvP?
  • If I can use Specialization in PvP, do I have to buy the expansion pack in order to play the specialization builds?
5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

Are you planning on balancing the game more regularly after HoT hits?
Will engineers ever be released from the Hobosack oppression?
Those are my two questions.

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

First of all..

Welcome Joe!

There has been this question that has been bothering me since release.

The game has all the core RPG mechanics in place. Status conditions, stuns, knockbacks etc. but battles in the game can be split into 3 categories for me:

1. Trash mobs that die quickly. I have no problem with those, every MMO needs some of these.

2. Mini-bosses that are giant blobs of health with maybe 1 special attack on a long cooldown. Those are mostly immune to any disables and usually just take longer time to kill.

3. Bosses that are the same as mini-bosses, but usually spam red circles that you have to dodge out of. These are immune to almost anything but damage.

I’m a hardcore RPG player and fun fights for me are those that allow you to interact with the enemy. As it stands enemies in GW2 are mostly just bland blobs of health with the occasional dodge-this-rotation. I want to be able to bash my enemies and have them bash me back. This game has a huge list of battle mechanics that feel redundant, so PvE players have adopted a maximum direct damage playstyle (the so called Berserker’s meta). I don’t mind that, but I feel GW2 can be so much more if they make a shift towards mobs that do more and are immune to less.

I bought the game as a gift for a friend and for the short while that he played it he learned only 2 things. To use his default attack and to dodge. He is a hardcore RPG player and I expected him to go nuts with the combat in GW2. When I asked him why isn’t he using his other skills he asked me “What is the point?”

If possible could you ask the devs if we will see more varied enemies in HoT?
If not in open world PvE maybe in new dungeons and other instances?

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Honestly when the expansion was announced it didn’t get me as hyped up as I thought it would. A lot of the content here in HoT is content I felt like should have already been in the game or at least in by now. What took so long? One new region? I’f I remember right GW 1 expansions would have multiple regions, and no new races or something that really grabs new players or return playrs attention aside from the revenant and specializations.

Well, GW1 didn’t release “expansions” so much as stand alone games (“campaigns”) which you could link to with older characters and have newer characters share the world with. Two of those and a more traditional “expansion” which was about as big as HoT seems to be (Eye of the North).

So, there’s that.

As for new players having something to get grabbed by . . . you’re kind of right, there’s not much there to “wow” people like a certain other game. There hasn’t been new races announced, and only one new class. (Though for the record, EQ1 had a habit of only adding three classes and two races by the time I bowed out in expansion 6. And UO never added new races or classes per se . . . only new headaches. I mean, realms.) GW1 introduced two new classes per the two campaigns . . . but therein was one of the issues which plagued it because at least one of those classes ran into a “this was probably badly conceived” problem. I should be more bombastic and say all four did, for different values of balance problems, but only two come to mind strongly.

Even at the start of GW2, I kind of feel there was a whole lot about the game which didn’t have a “grab me and shake me by the shoulders OMG I MUST PLAY DIS” feeling to it. The only one which was arguably interesting was “no subscription”. Meaning basically you bought and if you didn’t like it you were out like for any other Triple-A title. (Cheaper, actually, if you got it on sale.)

So I don’t know . . . the strategy for Guild Wars as a franchise has always been trying to not go kill or compete outright for attention, but just let people come and stay for what they like.

Anyway, I suggest you bring those concerns up when you get the interview.

Also, do get some sleep. I think you’re in the same time zone as me so it’s 2:15am

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Trock Bronze.9625

Trock Bronze.9625

Perhaps some of these things would have been nice to have already and arguably could have been, but Anet went a different way with things, with constant content updates. They have a mixed review, some want more traditional content others were happy with it, I wouldn’t take the typically down and negative views on the forums with that much weight on things like that.

However, some of the questions here are answered or already explained but may not be known by you (and if they are sorry for assuming). One new region is not necessarily as small as you might think. The maps are said to each contain 3 layers, 3 levels to them and be jam packed with content. They wanted to focus on making sure the zones where interesting and lively rather then spreading things out over a larger surface area. Its assumed but not confirmed to be 3-4 maps but all containing this 3 layer feel to them and with the movement additions with the masteries getting around should allow for a very thorough exploration of every corner. I would just suggest taking this aspect with some consideration, until we know more we can’t really say it’s ‘small’. It wont be the size of the rest of the world sure, but it might certainly qualify as plenty of content in the space despite the land area not being as big as one might expect of an expansion. (Still we don’t really know as the 3 layers might give us maps on a much larger scale then expected. Already from trailers and images the verticality is enormous. )

As per races the reasoning was that they don’t add much in terms of something to build on like the rest of these updates do. Everything they are bringing with HoT is meant to lay groundwork for future updates from here out with new ways to create skills, to allow for more weapon choices and specializations of classes, masteries, and so on. While a new race would have grabbed attention it wouldn’t have added meaningful content (A few racial skills, a differently skinned model(depending on the race, with clipping issues and the like) and a personal story that shoe-horns the race into past events.) They can do this and may in the future but for this expansion it didn’t explore the same ‘building pillars’ the rest of the content did, which may not be an answer many like but something I am personally ok with.

The main things that will determine if you get old players back and hold current players attention,, will be just how much these changes shake things up. Will the meta change? Will other builds beyond pure DPS be needed? How much of the old world will be affected by the new concepts? Despite the forums concerns, the articles and discussions I have read seem to answer these questions, or at least suggest, that these changes will be improving the life of the game and really challenging players to try new things and approach content differently. As per new players, word of mouth if these changes really do bring new life to the old and current players ought to be enough.

There are many things Id like to know about that are coming, but I doubt Anet will comment on them too much yet. Specilizations, masteries, the extent of the new area, and much more, but something they might be free to discuss is, in what way will they continue to tell the story? Are we going to have personal story that continues? Will it only be living story? How much of the story will be told just through the area it’s self? And something that I believe was said in an article and talked about in the past, How much will your characters class (and perhaps race) affect your story? I recall talk of the story being the same and mostly linear but that each person might experience things different due to these factors. Where say a warrior might lead a charge into battle in section 1 of the story an engineer might be repairing or building things for that fight. Again I only recall mention of this, however I am curious just what they intend to do with the story from here out. LS hasn’t been perfect but they have improved many things as they have moved forward.

Posted by: Coen.1963

Coen.1963

One of my favourite reviewers! Big kudos for all the content you are providing on Youtube.

Questions now.

1. Is there going to be a new Fractal-like instance? Or are the current FotM will get additional content?
2. What are the plans for instances? Current state of Dungeons is pretty poor and players need more challenging content. Will we get something new? Or maybe new tier or exploration difficulty?
3. About Guild Halls. Are there going to be connected to Guild Merrits? Or maybe any guild will be able to afford them? Also: is upgrade progress based on Merrits? Ie.: getting FotM entrance in GH.
4. Are they going to reintroduce challanging world boss content Marionette-like?
5. Are they going to introduce new stats sets on items?
6. With introduction of “Taunt” skill is the Holy Trinity making way to GW2?

7. Is the final fight with Mordremoth will be on the same dissapoint level as the fight with Zaithan? Or maybe there are (finally) some plans to remake last instance story mode in vanilla?

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

Will they fix the old bugs like “Inventory resize bug” that happens everytime you log game with the upcoming expansion or they will haunt is forever ?

Posted by: Draxjon.1790

Draxjon.1790

Q: Will there be rainstorms in the jungle?

Posted by: Inexor.7804

Inexor.7804

Q: Will there finally be dual/multi speccing (with armor)?

And maybe even Mounts?

Attachments:

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Meh… I tend to support the casters/youtubers who’ve actually stuck around with the game since launch and are also covering the expansion.

Flying from game to game doing reviews that don’t really do the MMO genre justice isn’t really my cup of tea.

Sorry if I’m being too sour, but I remember OP distinctly from back before GW2 launched. It was all that, then suddenly dead and left untouched, until all of a sudden now attention again when an expansion is on the horizon…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Meh… I tend to support the casters/youtubers who’ve actually stuck around with the game since launch and are also covering the expansion.

Flying from game to game doing reviews that don’t really do the MMO genre justice isn’t really my cup of tea.

Sorry if I’m being too sour, but I remember OP distinctly from back before GW2 launched. It was all that, then suddenly dead and left untouched, until all of a sudden now attention again when an expansion is on the horizon…

Perhaps because it’s his source of income?

Posted by: Agalloch.2678

Agalloch.2678

Hi Angry Joe,

1. Could you please ask them if they ’ll implement a way to save our builds?

2. How about a graphics engine revamp ? (option to use directx 10-11 or 12 )

3. How about a loot revamp to be more rewarding in some aspects.

4. How about an items skin revamp ( for weapons, armor ..etc..) to make them more beautiful and not outdated like they are now.
5. How about an open PVP ( RVR) in some areas happening 3 or 4 times per day?

Thank you and excuse my English.

Posted by: jmt.8517

jmt.8517

Joe can ask them about any new pets coming to HOT. We want some new tameables!! Maybe even some actual flying ones.

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

Hiya Joe, love your show. Here are some questions I hope you would consider asking:

• Are there any plans to add more GW1 weapon and armor skins with the expansion? They added a few since release, and I’m sure many GW1 players (myself included) really appreciate that and would like to see more come our way.
  • The metroidvania-esque idea ArenaNet is trying to implement sounds really exciting. It makes me wonder about sequence breaking. Is sequence breaking something that will be possible/encouraged? Or will all forms of sequence breaking be patched once discovered?
  • With the Sylvari being confirmed as minions of Mordremoth, how will the expansion’s story resolve the inevitable prejudice against Sylvari (which has already started happening in Lion’s Arch ever since Scarlet blew it up, as evident in some NPC dialog). Can we expect a well written resolution or is that asking too much and will end up with some form of deus ex machina to save the day? This is an opportunity for your writers to really shine if they can write a story that doesn’t have to rely on deus ex machina.
  • Also with the Sylvari/Mordremoth connection, should Sylvari players expect some kind of handicap when fighting against Moredremoth and its influence? Or will Sylvari players just naturally be immune to the corruption because, duh, they are the player?
Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

my favorite reviewer on youtube.
i usualy agree with Angryjoe about 90% of the stuff lol

everything that i wanted to know people already posted sooooo i can’t add to that.

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Broken trait system.

Its been broken since April of last year and there WAS an 83+ page post about it which Anet replaced with a smaller thread about the same subject matter but with the same results.

Questions:
When will we see the Traits revamp that has been told to us?
Will it be before or after HoT drops?
Will Anet actually open up PROPER discourse about this system before it drops.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

Anet require ncsoft permission and funding. They must work within those constraints, but they never had these issues when gw1 expansions were being rolled out.

Posted by: Gomes.5643

Gomes.5643

I think questions like “how many maps will there be” or " when will it come out" will not be answered. Or in a way we all know.

What would really interest me is, if the the specialazations will work the “old” way of “everybody shall do everything” or they allow you to specialize al little bit more.
If you look on the legends of the revenant – they are highly concentrated on a specific theme and supporting each other (like collecting all conditions from the team on you and then give them to your oppenent back with the ult). I would like to see that in the weaponsskills of the specialazations too.

So basically the question would be: "Are the Specializations created on the principle “Every class (spec) should fulfill all roles” or a they concentrated on on specific gamestyle like CC, Conditions. Boons etc?"

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

About the Revenant:

1. Could you tell us in detail about the early stages of this profession? How did it come to life? It’s a very unique and original profession that perfectly fits with the GW universe and the whole Rytlock situation right now. We’d like to know more about why and how it came on top the other profession ideas. Who had the idea of a “heavy class character who can channel the forces of powerful beings of the mist”?

Random question a lot of people WILL LOVE:

1. When is the “Design a weapon contest” returning to Guild Wars 2?

Posted by: Ixeya.7083

Ixeya.7083

Q: New weapons, why not?

Posted by: Paulus magintie.7432

Paulus magintie.7432

I just want to know about the possibility of a free Character slot when you buy the expansion.

Thanks Joe.

Posted by: tobvet.1874

tobvet.1874

How will you respond to the current stacking dps meta?

Posted by: scala.1670

scala.1670

Tengu playable race?

-Tengu Revenant

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Ask ANet if they will ever actually improve the game’s performance.
Also are they planning on a DX change.

They keep adding stuff that’s supposed to be cool but making ppl lower graphics settings for stuff that shouldn’t demand that much on good PC’s kinda negates the whole thing.

All things they’ve added slowly in time made the game very clunky and resource demanding for some reason. I am not talking JUST about wvw

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Posted by: JammeR.1059

JammeR.1059

Q: Info about Necro’s and Great Swords please.
Cheers

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

When is this presser?

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Things that Can Make This a True Expansion:

• New classes (check)
    Specializations are new classes in a way as they will have new skills and playstyles. Also, Revs.
  • New Weapons (sorta)
    Specs offer new weapons for their specs/classes and there will be new legendaries, but thats it.
  • New Race(s) (nope)
    So far no word on new playable races which I think was a BIG missed opportunity for Anet. Big.
  • New Maps (sorta)
    I get the whole vertical biomes thing, but its not the same as a slew of new maps across Tyria which frankly you have the space for so this is a huge miss for me.
  • New story (begrudging check)
    Its a new story, technically, but its really just the same story with a different dragon. Its new though, so…yeah.
  • One to Two Free Character Slots (unknown)
    Anet, you’ve not said if this would be a part of this xpac so I’m hoping this is just a slight omission, but please don’t try to shop this to people without this feature.

And while I understand that getting Guild Halls into the game early on was difficult/not possible for launch, i still feel putting them behind the xpac is a bit hinky. I can accept the idea that guild leaders will need to buy the xpac to unlock it, but if you also require players to have the xpac to get into them, this will be very bad. Very bad. I’m also not happy about the legendary crafting being only available to people who buy the xpac as well, because that one is even more of a heinous transgression IMO.

The above is a bit of my personal feelings/thoughts/ideas regarding the xpac at the moment and what I’d like to have seen (or what we will see) with the expansion. Just some more food for thought as you get your questions together as well.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: zero.5248

zero.5248

Dearest of Mr Angry Pants’s’s’,

I too was in your shoes. I played the game for about a year, stopped to play other things because I eventually got bored. Over the course of time I had intermittently come back here and there; to check out new content but never felt really compelled to stick around because of x,y,z reasons. I also had the mindset that I would probably return when an expansion dropped.

I would be interested in hearing about the reason why you stopped playing and see if there is anything about the expansion that addresses that problem. I mean, it’s easy to get distracted by something else but there had to be a reason you put the game down and didn’t come back, right?

Edit: Also I would be interested to know, if you can bludgeon this out of them, if the new specializations use the old professions weapons a different way. So does a druid have a different skill set for the Great Bow?

Best,
A less Angry panteded person who also plays video games.

(edited by zero.5248)

Posted by: Taerik.3405

Taerik.3405

Q: When will you remove the condition cap in pve

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

The majority of the PvP population wants to be able to queue from other maps besides being stuck in the hearts of the mist while trying to queue for PvP. Before you could farm or do map exploration or literally anything else but arena net has yet to comment on why they haven’t reverted back to the old ways even though you can go into the hearts of the mist and ask literally ANYONE what they would prefer and they will tell you they would rather queue from outside of the mist because the HoTm is a boring and stale map.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Posted by: Cometknight.9473

Cometknight.9473

1. Find out what is going on with Dungeons,any new oned or revamp / new paths for old ones?

2.why do they have people Weilding Spears in the trailers..like….alot…are they hinting torwards something?

3.Canatha?

4.Find out what improvement,buffs,nerfs,new weapon,skills,traits Warriors are getting ?

5 lvl80 Warriors……..and counting

Posted by: KittyCat.2059

KittyCat.2059

YAY ANGRY JOE IS BACK!!!!!!

love ur video review… brought in a lot of friends of mine just from that alone . hehe

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

1. Find out what is going on with Dungeons,any new oned or revamp / new paths for old ones?

2.why do they have people Weilding Spears in the trailers..like….alot…are they hinting torwards something?

3.Cantha?

4.Find out what improvement,buffs,nerfs,new weapon,skills,traits Warriors are getting ?

Heck, I can answer those.

1. Nothing. If there were something it would have been in the list of major features and all major features have been announced.
2. Artistic license. Which they’ve specifically explained was the case.
3. No. Funny thing about being in China – you can’t get away with the slovenly and offensive mish-mash of Asian cultures you can do when your not conducting business in the region, and the cost to get in-house competence up to a level where you can do a culturally sensitive rendition is very high. ArenaNet has stayed out of that minefield for good reason and those reasons haven’t changed.
4. The Warrior lead designer has moved on to a new class. Warriors have (finally) lost their top cover. Please enjoy the same treatment Necros have gotten for 3 years.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Despite some flaws in the skills design, underwater areas are a great addition to the game with some beautiful areas. Will we see underwater-focused content some day, or is it something they have decided to drop altogether? (see Capricorn pvp map or Borderlands lake for not terribly good signs).

Side question: who decided to make Southsun Cove a gorgeous island with a dedicated beach resort area and not bother to make any meaningful underwater area around it?

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

Hey Joe! Just wanted to say, your review of GW2 was greatly done. I convinced a lot of people to buy it by just showing that review. You adressed pretty much all MMO concerns from a good “casual” viewpoint. I got to really browse your channel deeper after it, and boy was I not disappointed. Keep them coming!

You can check this thread for a compilation of many questions: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2tj2si/gw2hot_lets_compile_all_our_questions_here/ Some of them pretty straight to the point and the biggest worries of the community with the expansion.

Also, this should help on knowing what’s been going on with the game since release: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/wiki/returningplayers The game has done well, but ArenaNet has made way too many experiments, and the game hasn’t “grown” as classic MMO do, which has been a general annoyance for pretty much everyone. If GW2 had added more permanent content to grow the game properly, this MMO would have much more popularity than it does now.

I think they have some kind of disconnection with the community, and they’re trying too hard to be different, when they already did a great job by improving the MMO genre so much. There’s no need to keep trying new things when some of the classic stuff is already good, and people demands it day after day.

As for the review of GW2:HoT, I think you should try a casual approach once again. It’s what made your first review so good. There’s others to make deep reviews, people who have been playing since release nonstop. You gave the game a fair treatment the first time, and that’s the only thing that it needs again.

Good luck.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

Love your show Joe and love GW2 :-)

Only one question: will there be new instanced (!) dungeons or raids and how big will the maximum group size of those be?

Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Questions:
- Release date, even a general time frame like Spring or Summer would be a great.
- System requirements (will be require greater requirements than GW2?)
- Will they be adding a save build feature?
- Will there be “raids”
- Will specializations add a trait line?
-Will specializations be allowed in PvP or limited to PvE and WvW?