Annoying NPC behaviour in RAIDs

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Esreyr.6304

Esreyr.6304

ANet, when you design your raids can you please keep a watch out for NPCs which might exhibit any of these following quirks? I’m being petty, but when you run dungeons and fractals a lot these minor annoyances start to become irritating.

We don’t want to talk to the NPCs. They have a conversation dialogue with just an option to close it. They communicate nothing to the players. No one wants to talk to these NPCs. We are trying to push buttons. Pick up items, or weapons; rez players; mine a node; or open up other dialogues (such as Mystic Forge – NPCs standing around the forge feel like obstacles to me). NPCs never have anything interesting to say.

NPCs with Voting choices. We get it. 4 of 5 players voted for option 1. Why do the rest of the group need to wait for player 5 to make a choice? Lets go already!

NPCs that die…I suppose it the players problem for not rezzing NPCs when they die. But it is still annoying when you realize some NPC is dead and you need to backtrack to rez them. (Looking at you Ellen Kiel who died on the lazer bridge on the Aetherblade Fractal).

NPCs that fall behind because they are having a moment. Can the NPCs keep up with the group please? The rest of the group is waiting at the boss, but the NPCs still have a long run. (I’m looking at you Rox and Braham for the Molten Furnace Fractal)

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

I agree with this post so much I logged on just to post support. Get your cats together Ellen and Rox.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Seriously, enough with the NPCs and the silly voting to pick a path, I’d really love to see paths and such done more fluidly/dynamically (I always envisioned explorable dungeon paths being far more open with optional paths and stuff to do/find than what we ended up with)

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I do however want npcs that comment on stuff and warn of upcoming dangers. Quite a few times in living story npc advice reminded me how i’m supposed to deal with a thread normal bashing and smashing doesn’t work against.

Also that asura commenter @tequatl – since i was usually in turret defense teams i loved her for early heads up about teq finger spawns.

Posted by: Esreyr.6304

Esreyr.6304

Agreed with Zeft; I have no issue with audible NPC banter and Chat History. I encourage this sort of NPC interaction with the player.