Anthology Of Villans

Anthology Of Villans

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Reverse.1056

Reverse.1056

Anthology Of Villans is the first thing u need to craft for flameseeker prophecies well i bought the recipes but to be crafted it requires 13 SHEET OF QUALITY PAPER which i cant find nowhere there is nothing in wiki nothing in teleport nothing to any other vendors!

Is it 1 of the bugs? can u help me out

Anthology Of Villans

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

I believe that’s a Scribe crafting mat (possibly account-bound).

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Anthology Of Villans

Reverse.1056

h well ive been searching and nothing found …

Anthology Of Villans

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

it is a scribe-only item that they can craft

Anthology Of Villans

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

There are very few scribes right now, and I don’t think there are any level 400 scribes yet.

It currently costs about 2000g to level scribe to 400. You will need to wait for mat prices to stabilize before those sorts of items start showing up.

Anthology Of Villans

Reverse.1056

where is the master scribe npc to start lvling scripe ? i cant see nowhere near others in LA

Anthology Of Villans

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

where is the master scribe npc to start lvling scripe ? i cant see nowhere near others in LA

You need a level 10(?) guild hall, a tavern, a mine, and a workshop. Once you have all that you can begin training scribe.

Anthology Of Villans

Reverse.1056

seriously? so all this just to start first tier of precursor shield? LOL! so how about if im in a small guild and cant obtain a guild hall?i will never be able to craft precu shield coz of it? isnt there any other way to lvl up scribe?

Anthology Of Villans

Posted by: radioAspen.6829

radioAspen.6829

This has been very frustrating for me since I unlocked it. I can’t really find any info on scribe that wasn’t part of the livestream or blogs, can anyone with more insight into the profession provide a reason for why a material like this would even need to be accountbound?

Anthology Of Villans

Reverse.1056

i was expecting at least a moderator or smth to help us out here… or this has to be changed NOONE can start crafting Precursor shield coz of that Only ppl in Big Guilds who own a guild hall.. so what about the solo guys or with no guild guys? Is this rly neccesary?

Anthology Of Villans

Posted by: radioAspen.6829

radioAspen.6829

i was expecting at least a moderator or smth to help us out here… or this has to be changed NOONE can start crafting Precursor shield coz of that Only ppl in Big Guilds who own a guild hall.. so what about the solo guys or with no guild guys? Is this rly neccesary?

It’s actually worse than that, as the price of leveling the Scribing profession far exceeds the entire cost of The Chosen.

Anthology Of Villans

Posted by: Corvinius.1896

Corvinius.1896

I contacted the support because of that matter, but they told me to post my suggestions here on the forums.
So here is the mail I sent to the support:

Dear support and developerteam,

with the new expansion I, and many others, was looking into the new method to acquire the precursors.
I really like the Journey and don’t mind in any way if it takes some time and effort, but the starting barrier for The Chosen is quite high.

As far as I could research it is the only journey to require a specific item to carry around, the anthology of villians.
And that is fine and appropriate for the legend behind this weapon, but the requirement of 13 sheets of quality paper is not.
So far only the scribe and the weaponsmith can use sheets of quality paper and it seems that only the scribe can craft them.
As they are account bound, that means I have to learn the scribe and for that I need a guild with a guild hall, a tavern, a mine, a workshop and the masterscribe unlocked.
That is a really huge barrier to start with, since the amount of materials necessary for guild restoration isn’t easy to get, especially the vials of lineseed-oil.
So while everyone who wants to journey for The Chosen has to wait until his guild has a scribe or search for a guild which has one, all other seekers for precursors can start right of and build up their precursor. Some even finished this journey.

So, could you please check if this huge starting barrier was intended or if it happened by accident?
Maybe you could either make the recipe for sheets of quality paper accessible for the weaponsmith or remove the binding of the sheets, so that guilds with a scribe can sell them on the trading post.

Hopefully and with best regards
a seeker of legends

i hope someone from the devteam sees this and gives us an official statement about that matter.

Anthology Of Villans

Posted by: kaiser.2863

kaiser.2863

Today i saw that the sheets of quality papers can be made with weapon smith, now the question is how.

Anthology Of Villans

Posted by: Corvinius.1896

Corvinius.1896

Today i saw that the sheets of quality papers can be made with weapon smith, now the question is how.

At least he can use them (that’s what the material itself is saying).
Either he can only use them and they need to be made by a scribe or he can really craft them, then he would need a recipe. Maybe the master scribe sells it.

But I believe the weaponsmith can only use them. The Wiki has a recipe for sheet of coarse paper, a level 0 recipe for the scribe. One of its components is green wood pulp, refined from green wood planks.
When we assume that the scribe works similar to the other crafting disciplines, it is likely that the recipe for sheets of quality paper is automatically learned when reaching level 300 and using elder wood planks instead.

And that is a huge starting barrier since only The Chosen seems to have such a restriction.

Anthology Of Villans

Reverse.1056

im so dissapointed after so many posts and people posting about this "problem’ anet dosent even respond or do something about it…