Any Teaser July 27?

Any Teaser July 27?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Normally I just wait until someone spots a Tweeted or Facebooked teaser image, or keep spot checking for them myself. Today, however, I have to nuke my hard drive so I can junk this old computer before tomorrow’s travel home. I’ll be able to view forums on my tablet, it just won’t be so easy to hop around the web, and since I won’t put my game password on my tablet I won’t have all the nice little forum markers for read threads or the auto jump to my last read post …

Anyway, since there’s a chance we get an image today for another Elite reveal this week, I’d appreciate it being embedded in this forum’s cloud if/when it shows up. Thanks in advance to anyone that does so! Since I won’t be posting again until Wednesday once I trash my computer.

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I keep checking twitter on occasion, and I typically add them to my “backgrounds” folder. So I’ll try to toss is up here for you. I know someone probably will even if I don’t.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: Wwefan.4982

Wwefan.4982

Hopefully something just need to wait and see.

Sylvari mean

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I hope so. Otherwise i will be disappointed. Because these last few are the most interesting.
And we havnt had many datamined info lately.

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

For me druid spec will be the last one to be revelead….and we all know why :P

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

For me druid spec will be the last one to be revelead….and we all know why :P

Revenant will be the last one revealed, I guess. And second last will be engineer, because it’s always the last profession that gets finished. Just look at the last trait changes. Other professions were already done, but many of engineer traits were “tbd”.

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

as someone who mains engie and ranger I cant wait for the elite specs. However to be fair we know nothing about warrior’s and thief is either getting rifle or staff which both sound pretty cool, there are rumors that thief might get kits.

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

Unless they are so far behind now that they have even scrapped the twitter teasers.

This could possibly true, they have already seeminly scrapped the teaser trailers for the elite specs, with no gemstore updates aswell.

I think they are getting really, really behind if the gemstore of all things isn’t being updated with new items.

Any Teaser July 27?

Donari.5237

As to the gem store it could just be they are gearing up for a big 3rd anniversary sale and want to avoid a) having people scream for refunds on things they just bought full price and b) people feeling they’ve spent enough recently that they have no urge to buy things even on sale. (I personally have been glad since the lack of new Gem Store items has removed my quandary about using PayPal away from my home computer /grins).

You’re right that it could be there is a crunch. Or it could be this week we learn about challenging group content; the teasers have been for the elites only. I have no expectations one way or another. I simply don’t want to miss a teaser if one shows up.

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: Arobain.8274

Arobain.8274

my speculation is that the reason they are kinda getting rid of all the extra things like teaser trailers, and no gemstore updates, and stuff like that, is because

A) they are trying to get the expac out on the anniversary, or near it
B) they want us to get our hands on it as soon as possible

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Asking on a Monday is a bit premature. I’ve seen the teaser images go out on their Facebook feed a little after Tuesday at noon, Eastern time. And then the actual community news posts get updated Thursday.

So hang in there, the news is coming!

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Any Teaser July 27?

Knighthonor.4061

Man why did they not save Tempest for last?! I rather had the othet reveals.

Any Teaser July 27?

Kodama.6453

Kinda strange they revealed every single light armor profession so far, but not a single medium armored.

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: Kydar Schattendolch.6879

Kydar Schattendolch.6879

So hang in there, the news is coming!

I hope u’re right^^

Any Teaser July 27?

Knighthonor.4061

Kinda strange they revealed every single light armor profession so far, but not a single medium armored.

I been thinking about that as well.

Me personally i believe that something happen in the Ranger reveal which forced them to skip it for the Elementalist reveal instead.

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

only class specs get the monday teaser image….so we’re not getting one this week.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Any Teaser July 27?

Kodama.6453

only class specs get the monday teaser image….so we’re not getting one this week.

I guess so too, but that would be very disappointing. First wave 3 elite specs got revealed, then a really long break and now we get just one reveal and have to wait again?

Any Teaser July 27?

Wwefan.4982

Okay seriously if theres a break thats because Anet want to reveal something else about the expansion is that okay with you lot the break doesn’t mean they aren’t going to reveal anything it means they have other things to reveal.

Sylvari mean

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

As long as information keeps coming, that’s all I care about.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

I guess so too, but that would be very disappointing. First wave 3 elite specs got revealed, then a really long break and now we get just one reveal and have to wait again?

sure, but it doesn’t mean we won’t get some HoT info….personally, i’d like to see more on new maps/zones or more importantly: “challenging group content”. what will be disappointing is another tournament announcement, developer spotlight, or “fan art” feature.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Any Teaser July 27?

Knighthonor.4061

Whats the latest been for time the teaser came out?

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

Whats the latest been for time the teaser came out?

1hr 40 minutes ago. tempest was an hour earlier. since we have no info atm, im guessing there wont be one.

Proud TTS member

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

sure, but it doesn’t mean we won’t get some HoT info….personally, i’d like to see more on new maps/zones or more importantly: “challenging group content”.

Yes. I’d also like to see more on new maps/zones. How much content are we actually getting for that pricetag?

what will be disappointing is another tournament announcement, developer spotlight, or “fan art” feature.

Or another “Tempest” reveal.

Staff thief incoming…. 8`O

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: Kadsik.9281

Kadsik.9281

So, Tempest teaser was earlyish in the morning last monday, Will the teaser be late today or are they taking another break after 1 elite spec i mean that would be stupid.

Any Teaser July 27?

Knighthonor.4061

Another 3 month delay.

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Can’t drop everything too fast. Need to drag it out to try and keep hype up for HoT, even though I think the hype for HoT has died for most.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

And once again: Elite Specs are not the only thing coming with the expansion.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: meeflak.9714

meeflak.9714

Ok? Then how about any news at all?…

All professions lvl 80. x2 elementalist
main Druid ~~Adalyn Del Rayna~~ [SIGH]
[Ehmry Bay]

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

I just hope the show something, The legendary weapon or the hard content or whatever. If its a quite week i will be disappointed.

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

Any Teaser July 27?

lordkrall.7241

Ok? Then how about any news at all?…

It is Monday.
They have 4 more days before the work-week is over.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

They will also be in Germany next week. I wouldn’t be surprised if they take a break this week.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Any Teaser July 27?

Knighthonor.4061

Name that stuff please.

Any Teaser July 27?

Emtiarbi.3281

Name that stuff please.

I think what is left to show is:

- Elite Specs (5 remaining).
- Legendary weapons and precursors.
- Hard Content.
- The Map.

Am i missing something?

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

- Hard Content.
- The Map.

Am i missing something?

Missing? No, but they’re going to be missing some of the new legendaries when HoT comes out, so I’m not sure they’ll want to remind everyone of that fact.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Name that stuff please.

- Hard Content.
- The Map.

Am i missing something?

if there’s a place you wanna get, i can get you there i bet i’m the map

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I hope they DON’T show more of the maps. When gw2 was announced they didn’t preview all the maps and the quests. We need some surprises on release.

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Can’t drop everything too fast. Need to drag it out to try and keep hype up for HoT, even though I think the hype for HoT has died for most.

True, but they release the previous 3 elite specs in 3 consecutive weeks. If they take a break after 1 now then that’s very bad news regarding the release date imo.

Any Teaser July 27?

Emtiarbi.3281

True, but they release the previous 3 elite specs in 3 consecutive weeks. If they take a break after 1 now then that’s very bad news regarding the release date imo.

Also, they might get the next week too because of gamescom

Any Teaser July 27?

Wwefan.4982

Seriously look Elite specs are important yes but just because they don’t reveal an elite spec one week doesn’t mean there is no HoT news again there are other things to reveal so no we probably ain’t getting an Elite Spec this week but guess what we could get a new map reveal or maybe hardcore content stop think that they are taking a break from reveals hell even during E3 there was a reveal so don’t use the gamescom will have no reveals both E3 and Rezzed had reveals.

Sylvari mean

Any Teaser July 27?

lordkrall.7241

Name that stuff please.

There is quite a bit of stuff coming with the expansion that is not Elite Specialization. Much of it have already been talked about but there is still things that we will most likely hear about before release. Such as: Challenging Group Content. Legendary Weapons. Lore.

The main reason for my post is that every single time there have not been a specialization reveal people seem to think it is the end of the world. Even when they had like 75% of the announced features left to talk about.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

They will also be in Germany next week. I wouldn’t be surprised if they take a break this week.

I wouldn’t be surprised, if they use the gamescom as a big reveal chance, so they just spare up stuff to announce on Gamescom..

So I wouldn’t be surprised if we see 1 or maybe due to this weeks non info maybe 2 reveals of Elite Specs at the tradefare.

How awesome would it be, if they would reveal info on Gamescom about like the Thief E-Spec and the say for example Ranger E-Spec or Warrior E-Spec instead together maybe with either revealing some of the new Legendary Weapons or announcing also the infos there about the Challenging Group Content…
The Gamescom being a Double E-Spec Reveal Weekend would be so fantastic and I guess something mixed together with the Ranger E-Spec to be shown would be quite realistic, as the Ranger was the first E-Spec to be announced, but yet not shown to us. So they had the most time to work on it so far. I think its time for it at the Gamescom.

I’m somewhat of pretty sure, that they must have prepared enough stuff for this years Gamescom to announce there, most likely I guess also too together with the Release Date of the Expansion, because anything else than these things would’t be worth it for Anet to come over to Europes most biggest Gaming Tradefare that is a public magnet since 2009 where they officially announced also the Release Date of the Main Game first at the very first Gamescom since it moved to Cologne and showed there the Announcement Trailer…you know, this one here:

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I hope they DON’T show more of the maps. When gw2 was announced they didn’t preview all the maps and the quests. We need some surprises on release.

I agree they probably won’t show the maps… that leaves:

5 specializations
Hard Content
Legendaries

I’m assuming they will bury the legendary’s and they won’t be mentioned or heard of again until 6 months after HoT release. Latest I heard was that we were getting a maximum of 3 legendary weapons at HoT launch.

We aren’t getting a specialization this week it seems.

So basically the only thing left is hard content reveal. Which of course is the deciding factor for many people on whether or not they buy the expansion so I’m thinking Anet will wait until the last possible moment to reveal it as to reduce the chance of people getting mad.

Then of course there is the ever elusive release date, which I suspect won’t be revealed until the 3rd anniversary.

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

“This hype train feels thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread.”

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: meeflak.9714

meeflak.9714

“This hype train feels thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread.”

Lol. Good use of the quote

All professions lvl 80. x2 elementalist
main Druid ~~Adalyn Del Rayna~~ [SIGH]
[Ehmry Bay]

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

my speculation is that the reason they are kinda getting rid of all the extra things like teaser trailers, and no gemstore updates, and stuff like that, is because

A) they are trying to get the expac out on the anniversary, or near it
B) they want us to get our hands on it as soon as possible

More likely they’re working on something for gamescom. There was a similar lull before e3. I think there is practically no chance of a release on or near the anniversary: that’s about a month away and there is no release date yet, I imagine they’ll announce a release day about 2 months before it releases (based on how they announced the GW2 release date). I hope they announce it at gamescom. Is been too long since we had any new content, I’m eager for something new to do.

I would expect a beta weekend during or immediately after gamescom though.

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: VentiGlondi.9830

VentiGlondi.9830

The hype has been stretched for too long. They’re tearing it by now

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: jgcd.6041

jgcd.6041

Also, what says that have to reveal everything? ^^

There has to be a balance between what gets revealed and what they decide to let players find out for themselves, after all. Also, don’t take datamined info as gospel until Anet makes an announcement, unless that info confirms what has been announced.

The majority of the time, it confirms what was datamined. The rest of the time? They may be trolling us and may have deliberately seeded misinformation to be datamined.

- This is a forum, expect logic to get left at the door, beaten bloody, and set on fire.

- The more asinine the post or thread, the more I am amused.

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: XDeathShadowX.2619

XDeathShadowX.2619

I wish they’d have waited to announce the expansion until they had more of the game done. Stretching info drip over such long periods of time makes the game aggravating to wait for. While it’s true there’s the new legendary weapons, what’s involved in crafting precursors, probably more explanation about masteries, etc… That doesn’t help much since it doesn’t look like we’re getting any of that this week if game conventions are the reason. So just huge gaps of nothing HoT related.

Any Teaser July 27?

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’m actually getting really annoyed and disappointed lately with the the lack of updates and information. Every week I think ‘maybe we’ll get a new set of black lion weapon skins to alleviate the information drought’.

I wake up, go to my computer, go onto GW2, and what do I see?

A summary of POI’s I’ve already watched days earlier (deja vu from a week or two ago, might I add). I mean, really? A summary? That’s hardly content if you ask me…

An article telling us all that, basically, you still have a puddle’s chance of getting into the next WvW Borderlands Test, (but we’ll probably give special treatment and priority to popular video streamers and some huge WvW guilds, and the rest of you get to miss out on the next WvW Borderlands Test). Yayyyyyyy. And here I am with over 3700 ranks who plays WvW and EOTM daily, not even getting a look see, 2nd time round. We’re not idiots. We know certain people get special treatment because they’re popular or are in big guild groups.

What about the rest of us? :-( I’m so annoyed by all of this. So much so I’m not even going to bother to watch any of the streaming. It’s just infuriating and insulting at the same time. I can understand popular video streamers getting a bit of priority for hyping it up and showing us in great detail all the juicy bits, THAT I’m fine with, but giving special treatment to specific guilds and such? Kind of unfair… (source from GW2 Reddit a while back).

And finally, another article saying our account security is going to be beefed up. Well that’s all very nice (and hardly content too, might I add), but my account is already pretty secure. I will accept the mini that comes along with it though, and it is a nice mini.

So really, after a week or two of nothing really, all we get is a mini.

Not impressed.

I think every Wednesday (Tuesdays for the majority of the rest of the world) I’m just going to have zero expectation that we’ll get anything from now on. I’m so disappointed. Call me entitled, call me whatever you like. I’m just saying it how it is, and how I feel personally. Because 6+ months of getting drip-fed information and POI ‘summaries’ just doesn’t feel like content to me. At least before we got some new black lion weapons or something from the gemstore, now even that’s clearly stopped…

Like Venti said, the hype’s been stretched far too long, and in my opinion, everyone’s barrel of hype has pretty much dried up. Some may still be licking the sides of it saying there’s still content coming out, but all I’m seeing is empty. The fact we still don’t have a release date 6 months after announcing the expansion, let alone any news on what the new legendaries are or what they look like, or the other 5 specialisations, or the challenging group content, or anything else not mentioned… I think it speaks for itself :-/

And i’ll probably receive an infraction for having an opinion that isn’t 100% positive, but I’m just so tired of not getting much from GW2 lately. No I most likely won’t quit GW2, but I can see how quite a few players have moved on to other games. I can see why.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Any Teaser July 27?

Donari.5237

I didn’t expect to set off a discussion on the info dump rate, sorry about that. I just wanted to be alerted if something happened on Monday while I was destroying my hard drive!

Anyway I’m safely home now and at my for-real computer and can resume doing my own checking for blogs and images. Thank you to those who stood ready to assuage my thirst for HoT info