Any decent HoT Mastery XP gain?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Hey guys, just wondering what your experiences are with racking up decent XP in the Maguuma Jungle areas for HoT Masteries?

I’ve tried doing events but the past 2 days it’s been rather… I hate to say this… But dead? Any DS maps I get into are either dead, failed or I disconnect/game crash too frequently and get put on an empty one. Yes I heard the events in DS gives good XP.

Tangled Depths is one of the harder maps to configure and I often show up when the events have ended. I’ve tried killing the Chak mobs whenever they’re around and it’s ok XP.. I just wish there were hoards or more mobs/waves of these things around.

I’ve tried the so called “spider farm” in Verdant Brink and it was marginally disappointing and horribly repetitive.

Auric Basin all I know of is the meta event and minute bosses on the outer skirts that give some XP but it feels minimal.

I’m enjoying the game though, it’s been great so far. Mind you, this is with many boosters too but I feel like I’m doing something wrong or I’m not in the right places at the right time?

I see people walking around with Mastery level 100+ and it really makes you wonder.. How? Haha.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Mastery XP gain feels slow to me on the jungle maps, but it feels fairly quick in the Tyria maps. In Tyria, I tome my new characters to 80 and then complete the maps. Seems to give me a lot of XP quickly.

Also, it’s sped up because I don’t wait around at Hero Challenges for help and I don’t have any trouble running around the maps, getting things done without dying or getting confused as to the locations of POIs, etc.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

XP within HoT maps is gained fairly consistently if you do events and kill everything. The vast majority (maybe 80%?) of the experience I farmed for my masteries came from kills. The rest were from events, adventures, and other sources.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Each adventure is around 50k XP a day (assuming you can get gold) and each hero challenge is around 30k. Try getting gold on each adventure and you might find a little trick if you’re fast enough.

The people with high ranks simply exploited the infinite mob spawns and used boosters.

There’s no point in rushing through everything. Simply play the game.