Any tarrir multiloot nerfs?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Yo uhmm many ppl might not like this but this is something that might requires some tweaking for the better of the game.

I believe tarrir multyloot in its current state is something that hurts anet more than an content drought and i will explain.The idea is that the farming is so efficient that ppl nowdays dont need to use real money to buy stuff from the gem store.

“oh these chaos glose look nice i wonder if i should put money to buy them ?”
“nope why would you do taht just go farm tarrir 4-5 times and you will have the gold”

Now i know that not everyone think or acts that way but ets be real a big part of the playerbase does that and i think it shows on their quartelly updates they putted out regarding anets income for tose quarters.

So yeah i belive anet needs to nerf it down or change t so its still worth for ppl farming it but not powerfarming it non stop and not having to worry about gold or gemstore again.

Maybe the encounter could give you a buff witch will not allow yo to be rewared from doing tarrir for the remaining time (5-8 hours, a day tops).

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

There was a large thread about this before. Its not going to get nerfed anytime soon. I thought a nerf would be in the works earlier in the year but it has continued. Its event better that before with the salvage all option. It keep people playing HoT content. Its still better to spend money on gems than farm gold for gems. Then again it depends on what you value more time or money.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

There was a large thread about this before. Its not going to get nerfed anytime soon. I thought a nerf would be in the works earlier in the year but it has continued. Its event better that before with the salvage all option. It keep people playing HoT content. Its still better to spend money on gems than farm gold for gems. Then again it depends on what you value more time or money.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5dz1h7/the_best_way_to_farm_fractal_relic/da8fgyg/?context=3

The devs are aware of it and are looking at “potential solutions”. No details yet, and no time frame, but they are looking at changing it, whether for the better or worse IDK but they are at least looking to change it

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

“oh these chaos glose look nice i wonder if i should put money to buy them ?”
“nope why would you do taht just go farm tarrir 4-5 times and you will have the gold”

Unless you’re the type that needs to buy everything, it’s always been easy to acquire the gold for gems by simply playing the game. As people continue to farm AB, the value of materials will diminish and as they exchange gold for gems, the amount of gold required will increase. If it takes you 4-5 times now, it’ll eventually take you 8-10 times and so on. Meanwhile, gems become harder to reach for everyone else and overall increases the likelihood of spending money. Keep in mind that most people aren’t farming, so it’ll probably work out in ArenaNet’s favor.

Posted by: ZerotheFang.5890

ZerotheFang.5890

issue is not a nerf its the other areas need a buff or change TD usually dead half the time, VB is kinda a joke outside of the bladed armor but even then after that done its a waste of time. and DS even though the payouts are kinda good the tools are expensive/not payout more cause you need to find a full enough map and even then people need to clear everything to make up for time spent there.

if Tarir was nerfed there would mean nobody does it there for the whole point of the meta would be wasted. the issue is more to do with tarir is easier to do and to access, the VB and DS metas are on large timers making them harder and payouts are meh at best, the TD meta requires people to be doing things at same time and have enough people for lane defense and a boss kill that still gives little payout which is why its kinda dead half time.

where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns.

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

Mike O’Brien and some other devs did an AMA on reddit yesterday, and he confirmed that they’re going to be fixing multi-loot in the near future.

/end thread

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

It depends how they fix it, but it is most likely to kill the map completely.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If multiloot is the only reason people are coming to AB, then that map is in need of heavy fixes even more desperately than it would be simply due to multiloot shenanigans.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Hypairion.9210

Hypairion.9210

The map won’t be killed, you’ll find meta such as TD meta. Maybe VB and TD will have more players for meta, which is good.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

The map won’t be killed, you’ll find meta such as TD meta. Maybe VB and TD will have more players for meta, which is good.

Most folks will just move onto the next best farming spot and the AB meta will join the rest of the unpopular HoT content. A few die-hards will do it but most will not. /shrug

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I fear from precedent that they’re just going to take an axe to the meta rewards wholesale, but in theory it’s pretty easy to nerf multilooting without affecting people doing the meta properly (putting an ICD on those big chests, for example, long enough to only allow you to loot them once per cycle but short enough that you can still loot them the next cycle).

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Most folks will just move onto the next best farming spot and the AB meta will join the rest of the unpopular HoT content. A few die-hards will do it but most will not. /shrug

There are some that only care about the most efficient farm… but I think it’s fewer than you think. Definitely we want fun and efficient farms, and AB will likely remain so… Many of the older farms are still done (SW, World Boss, etc) there’s no reason AB won’t remain one regularly done by peeps even once multi-mapping exploiting is stopped. I feel that MO implied just as much in his ama introduction, but I also recognize I could be reading into it more than is there. But it’s bad business to nerf a farming spot to the point where it’s not worth going to… have a little faith that the devs know that.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

I hope they’ll find a way to allow players to loot only once per account per event completion. AB is the easiest HoT meta to complete and the most rewarding, and will remain so even if this change is made.

I also think they should find ways to make the other HoT metas more rewarding. They are all quite a bit more difficult than AB, yet provide far fewer rewards. You made some truly amazing maps here. Let’s just provide proper incentives for them, huh?

Posted by: Aveigel.2601

Aveigel.2601

I agree on the “fix” will kill map entirely approach. Basically anything that makes it non optimal revenue for time spent is likely to be unused at all. Hell running to collect chests is boring as hell…the only compensation is the worth you get out of it. So if thi8s only incentive to do the map is removed, then bye bye map population.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I agree on the “fix” will kill map entirely approach. Basically anything that makes it non optimal revenue for time spent is likely to be unused at all. Hell running to collect chests is boring as hell…the only compensation is the worth you get out of it. So if thi8s only incentive to do the map is removed, then bye bye map population.

People did the meta before AB/ML and people go back for all sorts of reasons. I’m sure it won’t be nearly as popular as before, but I doubt it will go from enough instances to populate at least one full ML down to zero. (Especially since it’s probably the easiest of the four metas.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

This “fun farming spot” is one of the few fun reasons to do HoT content, now that gliding has expanded to core Tyria. Not sure why they would change one of the best motivations for grouping and bigger guild content…
Sounds like they are giving up on any future HoT sales.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

This “fun farming spot” is one of the few fun reasons to do HoT content, now that gliding has expanded to core Tyria. Not sure why they would change one of the best motivations for grouping and bigger guild content…

For an expansion that’s over a year old now and a new expansion is in the works, probably. I would think that the vast majority who are going to buy HoT have already done so, or they are waiting until the next expansion to purchase.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’ve never done AB/ML (closest I’ve come is hitting the chests with two characters, via someone in my party who happened to stay — I get bored before I’ve finished the second). I am sure you’re right that lots of people like the farm (there’s ample evidence), but I like the HoT zones for other reasons.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”