Anybody else only play this game?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: ChrizZcE.5981

ChrizZcE.5981

Put in a little over 700 hours which is a lot for me (the most I had before was the Witcher3 with 80 hours which is also a fantastic game) and I´m nowhere near bored. I have no real desire to play other games.

I feel like there is still so much to do.

PVP, WvW, Fractals, Raids, Map completion and events, Guild missions, leveling and gearing alts, getting legendary weapons and armor etc…

I have a feeling all this will keep me busy for another couple thousand hours.

Only big things I don´t like about the game is the lack of meaningful rewards, tedious inventory clicking and the dungeon nerfs. Other than that I´m loving the game.

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

im sitting on 6k hours brother, I have witcher 3 MGS5 and fallout 4 all sitting besides me and I dont touch any of them.

The only other games ive played in the last 3 years are:

Dark souls 1/2 Bloodborne

Borderlands 2/pre sequel

The Last Of Us

Diablo 3

Bioshock Infinite.

Yep, in 3 years, thats all ive got

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

im playing

Swtor
GW2
WoW
FF14
everything with ALL of their expansions

and some other games here and there

i need to play ALL of them to not get boored i go through the fun part and the actual meaningfull content that i enjoy kitten fast and then end up PvP ing nonstop that lets face it unbalanced in all of them or outright broken sometimes

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

(edited by Zoltreez.6435)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I mostly play Guild Wars 2 these days, but ocassionally I’ll take a break to play other games. Shadow of Mordor, Tombraider, than sort of thing. I enjoyed the Witcher series, but didn’t get the most recent one, because I tend not to get my money’s worth out of most games. 15-20 hours for the price those games charge is a lot of money.

I’ve tried most of the new MMOs, and I still plan to try Wildstar again, when I get the itch to take a break…but obviously with the new expansion, it’ll be a while.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As far as MMOs go, just GW2.

I play casual games (usually just the 60-90 minute trials), as well. And a couple of free play casual games. (Note: casual games [like HOPAs and M3s]. not in the sense of casual MMO-type game players.)

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

Put in a little over 700 hours which is a lot for me (the most I had before was the Witcher3 with 80 hours which is also a fantastic game) and I´m nowhere near bored. I have no real desire to play other games.

I feel like there is still so much to do.

PVP, WvW, Fractals, Raids, Map completion and events, Guild missions, leveling and gearing alts, getting legendary weapons and armor etc…

I have a feeling all this will keep me busy for another couple thousand hours.

Only big things I don´t like about the game is the lack of meaningful rewards, tedious inventory clicking and the dungeon nerfs. Other than that I´m loving the game.

I am a working adult and have been a gamer all my life but about 10 years ago I transitioned to only playing a single game (one game at a time). I spent a lot of time in Gw2 and since HoT launched I’ve pushed aside about 50% of my non-gamer activities to focus on the new content. Now I’m pushing that back a bit and have become engaging other hobbies again after finishing the story and getting a few elite spec unlocsks. I got more than my money’s worth and I’m looking forward to the PvP season.

For people who play 3+ MMO games at once, I really don’t know how they do it. They must be in game 90% or more of their free time. Nothing wrong with doing that when you’re 13 (I guess) but I can’t relate these days.

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

Just GW2 for me. Too many responsibilities in my adult life to play anything else.

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

I log in just for the daily reward then log off and spend my time on something funnier since they destroyed my fun of playing thief.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

Guild Wars 2 is my main game. On occasion I will play something else. But when I choose a game I want to devote real attention to it. I want to enjoy one game as much as I can as opposed to kinda have fun in ten games over the same period of time. I’m also at a point where modern games disgust me. Games nowadays are poorly made and uninspiring cash grabs.

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Since beta, I’ve only missed about 5 days of log in to GW2. I used to play DCUO but got to the gear treadmill part of the game (which is after all the cool story stuff) and didn’t care for that. Tried LOTRO but didn’t care for the combat or (and I know this may sound shallow) the character’s faces. Everything EXCEPT the faces looked good, but if my toon’s face looks like a newspaper cartoon on top of a photographic body it just wrecks my immersion. Tried SWTOR, and although it looks beautiful the fighting is lackluster at lower levels (compared to here) so I gave up on that as well. GW2 is the only game I play now, with the sole exception of Axis and Allies Global 1940 Second Ed.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

This isn’t the only game I play. I’d go nuts if it was since I find I regularly need a break from this game due to its design. I also play other MMOs and I play regular single-player games when ones that interest me come out. I even chuckle around with the odd Kindle game.

Aside from that, I also do others things to relax like reading, cooking, working out, etc.

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

This isn’t the only game I play, but it is the game that takes up most of my game time. Right now I’m playing three other games plus I also go back to GW1 periodically to work on titles for my Assassin and Paragon.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I play lots of different games. WoW, hearthstone, and Gw2 are the ones I’m currently spending most of my time on.

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

GW2 is the main way I enjoy my free time. 4500+ hours so far. Almost always solo PvE, although I like grouping with people I know in real life. I never do PvP, raids, or WvW, and only occasionally dungeons or fractals.

Civilization and Master of Orion 2 are my other time-sinks, but they pale in comparison to GW.

Posted by: HenleyLegoMan.4987

HenleyLegoMan.4987

Just GW 2 for me until Xmas, when I’ll be getting Madden 16. Will still play gw2 more though for sure :-)

There has never been a good war, or a bad peace.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Some Swtor when I need a Star Wars-y fix, and Dragon Age (any of them) when I’m not interested in seeing other people in my game. Mostly GW2 by far though.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Doc says no work for me so I could spend all day gaming but that is not something that I can do. That being said GW2 is pretty much the only game I do play when I do sit to play games. Not only do I play but my husband, both boys and now the granddaughter plays GW2. With as busy as my and my husbands life is we really only have time for one game and for years it’s been the GW world. For a little while we had added Wizard101 to also play with our granddaughter till she got used to more complicated keyboard stuff and learned how to read better.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Yeah, I currently only play GW2. I have around 6000 hours at this point, and I have never run out of things to do!

Before GW2, I only had played console games. One, which I spent 2000+ hours in, and when the servers were shut down, I decided to start PC gaming. It was a “somewhat massive” multiplayer online J-RPG, and very sad to have to say goodbye to so many friends and all that progress (I’ve tried to go back and play offline for the memories, but for some reason my PS3 won’t load my game save /cry). A few friends in that game also played GW2, so here I am. I enjoyed Journey and Dragon’s Dogma/Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen. Dragon’s Dogma had talk recently of an online multiplayer version (which I was super excited for), but it does not seem destined to go beyond Japan. I did try FFXIV:ARR (which many friends from above somewhat-MMOJRPG went to), but I didn’t want to pay a sub for a game I didn’t feel drawn to. Oh, for a short while I played The Secret World, but for some reason it crashed often on my old PC. Just never picked it back up.

Thanks for reading!

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

me. i only have this game in my pc. no time/interest to play other game.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I was Avid LoL player until my partner bought me this game 3 years ago (3000+ wins). GW2 has been the only game I have played properly since then, now sitting at 7k hours. Hell, even blew off a PS4 and most of the games on that too.

Guild Wars 2 combat system is what keeps me playing, the large scale warfare that WvW used to be. Right now it’s purely PvP, but recently even that has become stagnant trying to fight passives and traps instead of players.

I will continue to keep playing for now, but this is mostly due to the amount of investments I have made through gem sales, the same reason I still play LoL from time to time after I had purchased all champs + 90% of skins including all legendaries.

All up though, 3 years of the game. The game is beautiful. Stunning. Just waiting for the next PvP meta to swing through. Hopefully one that relies on players and skill and not so much on passives + traps.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: MyriadStars.5679

MyriadStars.5679

I am the opposite. I used to pvp a lot in GW2, but after they merged solo q and team q, it started to get frustrating when I don’t join a pre-arranged team. Now, instead of doing pvp in GW2, I play Heroes of the Storm (hero league where you are not allowed to queue with a team of 3 or more) and Starcraft ii for competitive play.

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

It’s the only MMO i play but Fallout 4 just got released so… yeah, have barely touched the game in the last 2 weeks.

Posted by: Terimac.5871

Terimac.5871

I’m currently trying out Final fantasty a realm reborn. I tend to stick to just 1 game and max out everything.

Posted by: Goldrock.9076

Goldrock.9076

Gw2 is the best for me because i love the game world its huge so many hidden little caves and underwater stuff i mean alot more than most games and i love the exploration aspect. then i play startrek online for my trekkie needs.

Posted by: pepsis.5384

pepsis.5384

I play one game at a time, dont have the time for more. GW2 used to be that game

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

For pc game I only play gw2 now until some really nice game release . Mainly because it’s still fun to play. Subjective is because my pc pretty outdated that I can’t interest in any cool looking and shiny game. Waiting for steam sale though.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

At the moment yes, but I also played the following games in the past couple of years:

- Heroes of the Storm
- Diablo III
- Batman Arkham City
- Bloodborne
- Metal Gear Solid 5
- Super Mario Kart 8
- Zelda Windwaker HD
- Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
- Destiny
- Ratchet & Clank (last one on PS3)
- Last of Us

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

GW2 is amazing but there are two phenomenal games this year which really caught my interest. One being Ori and the blind forest, an indie game. If you are into old Nintendo games and old Disney movies, I recommend you check it out.

The other is Witcher 3, this game set new standards.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

yeah GW2 is the only game I really play, I have a tone of games I need to get through, Most I got before my son was born 4 years ago. I have something like 55 games I need to start/finish. If guild wars 2 go’s through another content drought again, I know what I’ll be doing.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

I have currently active characters (meaning I log in and play them at least once a week, most of them more) in GW2, WOW, Rift, LOTRO, FFXI, SWTOR, and I have currently hibernating ones in FFXIV: GW2 is my main focus, along with LOTRO.

I couldn’t play only one or two games, all of them bore me to death after some time and I need to rotate to keep them fresh, I picked up GW2 last month after an 18 month layoff for example.