Anymore raids coming?

Anymore raids coming?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: ZanchinFissure.7981

ZanchinFissure.7981

I don’t know if this topic has been covered. In any case I wanted to know if there were plans to make anymore raids, even if they’re not tied to current story. Exploring Wizard’s Fief would be really cool imo.

I’m kinda of nervous that there might not be alot of them and hoping that the development doesn’t stop. I appreciate that there will be more fractals, but I hope that doesn’t take the OP team that made the raids away from developing even more raids.

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

There are no more raids planned for HoT. The plan was always to produce three raids wings.

There will probably be another raid in the next expansion but for now I think they’ll switch focus to fractals.

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

There probably will be more raids in future but I suspect given the backlash they’ve suffered they will make some kinda compramise with casual players in future in order to make them more open to everyone and not just specific players.

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Nothing has been said about more raids after the 3 wings. Odds are good that there will be another after LW3 finishes, with that said my money is on the next one coming with the next xpac.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

There probably will be more raids in future but I suspect given the backlash they’ve suffered they will make some kinda compramise with casual players in future in order to make them more open to everyone and not just specific players.

What backlash ? The pre purchase without an additional slot was one, the “cancellation” of legendaries is a minor one, the dungeons being deincentivized was also one I would say….But raids? Come on, a handful of players complaining on multiple forum threats isn’t one, it is just a a very vocal minority of players. I think you simply fail to understand that raids were never meant to be completed by everyone. As for the topic, it is hard to say, who knows maybe add at the end of this LS 3 as some closure but just a single wing

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

What backlash ? The pre purchase without an additional slot was one, the “cancellation” of legendaries is a minor one, the dungeons being deincentivized was also one I would say….But raids? Come on, a handful of players complaining on multiple forum threats isn’t one, it is just a a very vocal minority of players. I think you simply fail to understand that raids were never meant to be completed by everyone. As for the topic, it is hard to say, who knows maybe add at the end of this LS 3 as some closure but just a single wing

People did have a problem with raids, what people had a problem with was that there where things cancelled like the legendary weapons that anyone can make/do the collections, where ANet “wasted” development time/money on raids that where meant for, by ANets own admission, a small amount of the player base. Those have been the main complains I’ve seen on the forum and in game, people complaining about difficulty is a nonissue, yes sometimes getting 10 players that are capable of playing a raid can be harder than the raid it’s self.

I have no problem with raids, the only thing I really want to do is have a good nose round the maps. I personally would like ANet to have a mode that just lets you look around as if the raid is completed. There could be a few mobs around but no bosses, and no ability to get the achievements. That would be cool.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

People did have a problem with raids, what people had a problem with was that there where things cancelled like the legendary weapons that anyone can make/do the collections, where ANet “wasted” development time/money on raids that where meant for, by ANets own admission, a small amount of the player base. Those have been the main complains I’ve seen on the forum and in game, people complaining about difficulty is a nonissue, yes sometimes getting 10 players that are capable of playing a raid can be harder than the raid it’s self.

I have no problem with raids, the only thing I really want to do is have a good nose round the maps. I personally would like ANet to have a mode that just lets you look around as if the raid is completed. There could be a few mobs around but no bosses, and no ability to get the achievements. That would be cool.

Fair point I guess, but I am also having a hard time believing that legendaries would have been introduced even if raids were never a thing and I don’t understand why players simply assume that raids are responsible for the “cancellation” of legendaries.

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

[/quote]
Fair point I guess, but I am also having a hard time believing that legendaries would have been introduced even if raids were never a thing and I don’t understand why players simply assume that raids are responsible for the “cancellation” of legendaries.[/quote]

I think it is a resource usage thing. Players view it as taking away resources from developing legendaries that anyone could do and wasting it by creating raids that most won’t do. Think of it in terms of taking away from the masses and catering to the elites so to speak. Given what I’ve seen on the forums about trying to get into or find a raid group; I’d be willing to bet that seeing the requirements in LFG for raid groups reinforce this view point.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

There are no more raids planned for HoT. The plan was always to produce three raids wings.

There will probably be another raid in the next expansion but for now I think they’ll switch focus to fractals.

Source?

They’re working on the second raid right now.

Edit: Tried to find where they said it exactly but I can’t remember where I had read it or which dev had said it. This is the closest that I could find.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4n6nzu/internally_the_raid_team_is_lauded_and_praised/d41ldky

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Anymore raids coming?

Pifil.5193

Source?

Edit: Tried to find where they said it exactly but I can’t remember where I had read it or which dev had said it. This is the closest that I could find.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4n6nzu/internally_the_raid_team_is_lauded_and_praised/d41ldky

“I’m very proud of my designers working on Raids! Them and all the artists, programmers, QA, and other support staff working on Raids have been killing it, for sure. We just wrapped Raid 3 and have not shut down the team. I’m stupid excited about the stuff they are working on next. It gets me all goose-bumpy whenever we talk about it.”

OK, but that doesn’t say they’re working on another raid it could be a fractal or whatever. The team may have been moved onto other areas of the game. Or they may be working on a raid for the next expansion, who knows.

As for why I said what I did, it was this quote here:
“Players who purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns will get access to our first raid, with the first of the three associated raid wings to be activated shortly after launch.”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/raids-in-guild-wars-2/

I think that one raid was all they intended for HoT. They may add more between expansions but I think it’s likely the next raid will be in the next expansion. Who knows though.

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I think the quotes are inconclusive: they include the possibility of a second raid with 3-4 new wings and give ANet their usual wiggle room to postpone it until Expac #2.

Capt Vanguard is correct that there has been “backlash,” but that also ignores that raids have been incredibly popular among the targeted audience for raids and gotten some new people into them as well. Given that ANet can’t even give away gems without people complaining, I think the theoretical neutral observer would have to conclude that raids have been wildly successful (and that, as with nearly everything else, ANet could have handled things differently to reduce the critiques, founded and unfounded).

tl;dr I expect more raids. I wouldn’t hold my breath that we’ll see any in 2016.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Source?

“I’m very proud of my designers working on Raids! Them and all the artists, programmers, QA, and other support staff working on Raids have been killing it, for sure. We just wrapped Raid 3 and have not shut down the team. I’m stupid excited about the stuff they are working on next. It gets me all goose-bumpy whenever we talk about it.”

OK, but that doesn’t say they’re working on another raid it could be a fractal or whatever. The team may have been moved onto other areas of the game. Or they may be working on a raid for the next expansion, who knows.

“Players who purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns will get access to our first raid, with the first of the three associated raid wings to be activated shortly after launch.”

I think that one raid was all they intended for HoT. They may add more between expansions but I think it’s likely the next raid will be in the next expansion. Who knows though.

She said that they have not shut down the team and she’s excited for what they’re working on next.

Had you watched all of the twitch videos, you would see that they plan to release multiple raids and not just one per expansion.

Anymore raids coming?

Pifil.5193

Source?

She said that they have not shut down the team and she’s excited for what they’re working on next.

Had you watched all of the twitch videos, you would see that they plan to release multiple raids and not just one per expansion.

Well that’s super, let’s hope they deliver.

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

Hope not personally, or at least not anytime soon, would prefer dev time be spend on something else already.

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I think the quotes are inconclusive: they include the possibility of a second raid with 3-4 new wings and give ANet their usual wiggle room to postpone it until Expac #2.

This.

Capt Vanguard is correct that there has been “backlash,” but that also ignores that raids have been incredibly popular among the targeted audience for raids and gotten some new people into them as well. Given that ANet can’t even give away gems without people complaining, I think the theoretical neutral observer would have to conclude that raids have been wildly successful (and that, as with nearly everything else, ANet could have handled things differently to reduce the critiques, founded and unfounded).

And this. I remember people kittening about free gems. Blew my mind. Also, while CaptainV is correct that there has been backlash, it’s questionable whether that backlash has been large enough to be concerned about. For instance, there was a much larger negative reaction to HoT difficulty and while ANet did make adjustments to event rewards and to mob density in some areas, they did not nerf mobs outside of a few champ one-shot-kills. It’s my guess that ANet is concerned about macro trends based on actual numbers in player reactions, whereas players are more inclined to think of reactions that mirror their own as being a macro trend, whether that’s supported by numbers or not. Hundreds of anti-raid posts are less impressive if half (or more) of them are by a dozen people.

Comments in italics.

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I sincerely hope there aren’t any. At least not until they manage to think of ways to fix the attached problems that created the backlash agains this content.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

Going with your example, a volcano breaks out and shoots millions of tons of pyroclasmic smoke into the atmosphere. Dangerous? Yes.
Lava flows down the peak, threatening top swallow a nearby city. Dangerous? Ah, well, it is just one city, but that could hurt. So yes, a little maybe.
Water gets posinous and turns into sulpurous springs for miles. Dangerous? No. There is plenty of water available where the volcano is.

A little bit dramatic, ok^^

As for the topic, from a selfish perspective I sincerely hope not. And not only because I severely dislike the concept, but also because of Anet´s inability to do two things at once and offer viable alternatives for people who have no interest in their current project, no matter if it is eports, raids, open world or whatever.

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: Hypairion.9210

Hypairion.9210

I sincerely hope there aren’t any. At least not until they manage to think of ways to fix the attached problems that created the backlash agains this content.

Again, what backlash ? Didn’t see any, except 2 or 3 people ranting here and on reddit about it…the only minor problem I see is from à story / lore perspective, and LS 3 will resolve that (OK with trinket and new stats too)

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Again, what backlash ? Didn’t see any, except 2 or 3 people ranting here and on reddit about it…the only minor problem I see is from à story / lore perspective, and LS 3 will resolve that (OK with trinket and new stats too)

He is talking about his backlash. And Ohoni’s. The great double backlash. Never mind all the topics on this forum and reddit congratulating the raid team. They totally don’t exist.

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

He is talking about his backlash. And Ohoni’s. The great double backlash. Never mind all the topics on this forum and reddit congratulating the raid team. They totally don’t exist.

Oh there are more then just those two, but giving suggestions and hearing nothing make them dwindle away.

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I hope they will make many more raids. It is the best content the game has to offer at the moment.
I am tired of mindless “Spam 1 to win” content.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

I hope there will be way for newbie players without wasting their time 2-4 years in finding the right equipment.

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Look at it this way: They cut development on legendary items off. Something that was way more popular than raids overall. Are more raids coming anytime soon?

Draw your own conclusions.

Raid team is still around and working…..
Legendary team isn’t.

Draw your own conclusion.

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Look at it this way: They cut development on legendary items off. Something that was way more popular than raids overall. Are more raids coming anytime soon?

Draw your own conclusions.

Legendary team isn’t.

Ah, but are they woking on raids, or on something else? Remember, that Raid team can be much more easily reassinged to other goals (fractals, LS instances, etc) as a group. And they wouldn’t need to announce anything either, because, unlike with legendaries, they haven’t promised more than one raid.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

I reckon any backlash towards raids is really just backlash towards the content drought we’ve been experiencing

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: Wolfey.3407

Wolfey.3407

Was going to write a really long and deep comment but eh…

People are going to complain to complain. If there part of the game isn’t doing well they feel it must be another part of the games fault.

Former PvP Forum Specialist
2015-2016
Fort Aspenwood

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Legendary team isn’t.

Don’t get cute. It’s not working for you.

http://dulfy.net/2016/03/05/gw2-reddit-developer-ama-summary/#Raids

We’ve slowly started talks about what the raid after Forsaken Thicket is and where it will take place, but that’s the extent.

Yes, I know. Facts are a funny thing.

You were sayin’ chief ?

Link’s more recent, states the team is together and working on the next raid.
Checkmate.

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: Nordom.3485

Nordom.3485

Legendary team isn’t.

We’ve slowly started talks about what the raid after Forsaken Thicket is and where it will take place, but that’s the extent.

You were sayin’ chief ?

Checkmate.

You’re both saying the same thing… we’ll have next raid but no one knows when and team is working on it. Anything besides that, is speculation; My guess is that it will take at least ~5+ months to start getting some updates on that matter, so not much purpose in worrying about it :p

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

So basically yes there will be new raids with an unknown future time frame despite all the NaCl.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Anymore raids coming?

Linken.6345

Legendary team isn’t.

You were sayin’ chief ?

Checkmate.

I’m stupid excited about the stuff they are working on next. It gets me all goose-bumpy whenever we talk about it.

There is a important word missing here and thats RAID instead she say stuff.

So they can be working on anything atm

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

Legendary team isn’t.

You were sayin’ chief ?

Checkmate.

You’re both saying the same thing… we’ll have next raid but no one knows when and team is working on it. Anything besides that, is speculation; My guess is that it will take at least ~5+ months to start getting some updates on that matter, so not much purpose in worrying about it :p

That second reddit link does not state that the raid team is working on the next raid. What it actually says is “We just wrapped Raid 3 and have not shut down the team”. What that means is anyone’s guess. You’d need a lot more information to draw any meaningful conclusions about what they were working on let alone when anyone might get to hear about it.

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

if 90% of peeps at a guess have not entered the raids then it would be far more efficient to introduce hardness modes along lines of Diablo 3 perhaps to get value of out of the content.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: Nozome.7853

Nozome.7853

Judging of how succesful raids were , we should see the next raid in ~6 months or so.

Don’ t get the wrong impression about raids , the majority likes them and its just a vocal minority that started crying about raids when they realised legendary armor is comming soon.

Anymore raids coming?

Linken.6345

Judging of how succesful raids were , we should see the next raid in ~6 months or so.

Don’ t get the wrong impression about raids , the majority likes them and its just a vocal minority that started crying about raids when they realised legendary armor is comming soon.

Yea its been quite afew against it ever since they announced legendary armor would be locked behind raids…

But as some raiders say it needs to be there becouse otherwise people wouldent raid.

Cant see the big success really if you have to bribe people to play it.

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

Yea its been quite afew against it ever since they announced legendary armor would be locked behind raids…

But as some raiders say it needs to be there becouse otherwise people wouldent raid.

Cant see the big success really if you have to bribe people to play it.

+1 to you, good sir.

I already thought that hiding the ascended backpiece behind fratals was a sign of weak content. It wasn´t weak content and raids probably are not weak content, but the Intention is still dishonest and wrong. My stance on the carrot on a stick tactic has not changed since then.

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

You were sayin’ chief ?

Checkmate.

And they also said before that most of their developers are working on xpack 2. So yes, they are most probably working on next raid, for next expansion.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Anymore raids coming?

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

You have absolutely no source for that claim.