Anyone bought HoT and happy?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I am happy so far, Ultimate version is like buying standard version plus $50 gems with all the free stuffs.

$50 is actually quite cheap compare to sub based game for somebody got a life and job.

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

I bought the Gw2 Collectors Edition which cost me around £120 if I remember correctly..

Do I regret that?
pfft no XD

so would I regret buying the Ultimate edition of HoT?
again pfft no XD

the only reason I haven’t pre ordered HoT yet is simply because I am waiting to hear about a HoT Collectors edition or get confirmation that there won’t be one..
once I know then I’ll be pre ordering either the Ultimate or Collectors edition if there is one coming

and will I regret that purchase?
pfft no :P

Posted by: Cyan.6904

Cyan.6904

Got the ultimate edition. No regrets.

Yet. As you have purchased something without actually knowing the full content, which may disappoint you so much you quit playing it after a week or a month.

It’s good to see 10+ players jumping in and throwing money at Anet, compared to the many many posts saying ‘no thanks’, will be interesting to see how it all works out.

You have no idea about what I like and what I don’t like. I’m not quitting in a week or a month, because even the core game delivers still enough fun for me. If I had doubts about the content, I would have waited for a period. I’ll find ways to enjoy playing HoT anyway.

Cyan Graceland — Elementalist
The Knights Temple [TKT] — Aurora Glade

Posted by: Bekkr.6192

Bekkr.6192

Totes happy. $100 really isn’t that much money. This game is great value, overall.

The problem with the youth of today is that one is no longer part of it.
-Salvador Dali

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

I say price is ok but its a communication problem.

The reaction here only shows that anet failed to gain trust of the worth of content, which come with this expansion.

If anet would called it GW3 and than started a new Book with a new story ( not one we are already half in)

and new class new race ( i know new race is stupid)

And a new continent

anet failed the hype thats why ppl complaine

why else are people ok with the price of a Ferrari compare to a Toyota ?

This scream only shows how much faith the GW2 brand own atm.

casuals pay casual

Posted by: Darkhadia.7564

Darkhadia.7564

Gonna add another tick in the happy box! Bought the ultimate edition cos the gems will come in handy. I figure a general 1 hour to every pound I spend, I’m easily gonna hit 80 hours in HoT with more than 1000 hours in the original game. The original game still keeps me playing and having fun so it’s a safe bet I’ll enjoy HoT

My only issue is I wanna be using my new glider skin and guild decorations already

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Yep, feel perfectly fine actually, thanks for asking!

Turns out paying for something like an expansion to a game that was giving out free content before isn’t really hurting my wallet.

Honestly though if anything is getting on my nerves, its how close this situation was to when Burning Crusade was announced ‘price-wise’. Good news is that people will buy the expansion regardless despite their ‘almost entitled’ whining.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Posted by: Robotmoxie.4025

Robotmoxie.4025

Absolutely happy! Bought the Ultimate version, used some of those gems to get myself some really nice Glint’s dyes that were running pretty expensive. (The blue one and the yellow one, specifically.)

Honestly, I feel like I bought peace of mind. ‘Cause like, I’m a pretty bad impulse buyer, but dropping 100 bucks on HoT was like, turbocharged retail therapy. My materialistic urge has been totally sated. When it comes out, I’ll have it. I don’t want anything else, so I can save my money for adult things, like food and clothes and bills.

I’m excited about my permanent beta access, and this feels amazing to me. To finally have HoT, I mean. I’ve been waiting so long to lock in my purchase.

And before anyone asks, I’ve been with GW2 since BEFORE launch. You wanna talk about “veterans,” well, this is a quote-unquote veteran who doesn’t feel shafted just because new players get to join me in playing my favorite game with only one purchase. I signed a paper NDA that I had to mail in, long before the game shipped. I’ve watched this game grow and change over nearly three years now, and it makes me so happy to think that my friends who still don’t have it can buy HoT and have everything, and be playing the new content with me.

Now that this is done, and there’s nothing I want in the Steam Summer Sale, I’m free. I don’t want to buy any more video games, I can just relax and play what I have.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Yep, feel perfectly fine actually, thanks for asking!

Turns out paying for something like an expansion to a game that was giving out free content before isn’t really hurting my wallet.

Honestly though if anything is getting on my nerves, its how close this situation was to when Burning Crusade was announced ‘price-wise’. Good news is that people will buy the expansion regardless despite their ‘almost entitled’ whining.

That “’free” content was made possible due to Gemstore purchases aswell,please stop this free,because we aint getting kitten for free.

I’m sorry but paying 100$ for an xp pack is ABSURD,completely kittening absurd in each and every way.

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Yet. As you have purchased something without actually knowing the full content, which may disappoint you so much you quit playing it after a week or a month.

It’s good to see 10+ players jumping in and throwing money at Anet, compared to the many many posts saying ‘no thanks’, will be interesting to see how it all works out.

Personally, I’m already happy with what we currently have. Should the new content – which I will attempt to play at least once – not turn out to my satisfaction, the additional class and specialization changes will be enough for me to return to the existing stuff I currently like.

That’s the thing with new stuff, you may end up liking it or not. The journey and experience is what’s important to me. Some games I end up playing for only a few hours, others for several hundreds of them (like GW2). If each time I had to first waste my time with consulting others reviews and gaming experiences, I would have stopped gaming altogether a long long time ago.

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

Purchased a copy on each account last night. Perfectly happy. Could still be dropping $200 each weekend on booze and cover fees for live music shows and getting into trouble. So this is a steal.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Just a money grab….

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

You know, I’ve had it all wrong all this time.

Silly me, I actually though Heart of Thorns implied the lair of Mordremoth, but now it’s very clear that it’s just a metaphor for ArenaNet. Aptly named.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Ilya K.1973

Ilya K.1973

Ultimate happiness…see what I did there? …ultimate…happy…

Black Shaydoe – Mesmerising Moa Master

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

I’m happy, yeah. Bought the standard edition because that’s all my budget will allow, but it was more or less what I was expecting to have to pay.

Now, about that release date…

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

This post is gonna get downvoted to oblivion!

Oh wait…

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Happy. We’re actually in playing the game and happy – the others are just the vocal minority.

The true minority are the people spending $100s blindly at an xpac thats hardly had any information released

the vast majority of players still don’t have a good idea of what they are purchasing for 50€. That’s quite a lot of money to throw blindly at the screen and we still don’t know how many maps will be in HoT, we don’t have a clue about how much content there is: will there be new dungeons? Or raids? What’s the “challenging content” they are talking about since January? They revealed only 3 of the Elite specializations and about half of the Revenant. We got a few info on Guild Halls but it’s a very blurry picture since we don’t know many details… all in all, ANet failure is – again – in communicating to their customers…but alas, anet has OP and the ppl in this thread that will continue to throw money at them happily without justification.

Will HoT be worth $50? Maybe.Maybe Not.

Just know that the majority of the player base is not going to blindly drop 50-100 bucks on a game they know little about still.

Anets plan has been questionable at best with their edition choices….

is it true that buying the least expensive option means we will NOT get a new character slot if we buy the $50 version? Why would you put out an expansion, with a new character class, and make us still pay for an extra slot? that’s a fair way to treat veteran players that are being forced to buy the core game AGAIN for no logical reason…

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Yep, happy enough with purchase. No issue with price considering the time gotten out of the game.
Would have liked a release date too and can understand some minor frustration about no char slot with normal version, but otherwise all good.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

This is utterly misleading.

You should NOT try to clasify te discussion going in the forums as “negative” and “positive”, like those were the only possible POVs. That is a falacy, and is wrong. Also don’t talk about minorities and majorities. We don’t have the data to make such claims, for a side or the other.

What do we know?

It is clear that Anet has failed in delivering the correct message here. They need to recover the trust from their customers. I think no one could deny that.

We also know HoT will be adding a lot of completely new content, not only in the “fluff” area, but also in the “crunch”: not only maps, cinematics and foes, but also new gameplay mechanics and modes. This is also undeniable.

So, there is no correct and wrong. Both “sides” have a solid truth at the core of their convictions.

That said I WILL buy the pre-purchase because the game is great, and the new content promoted DO look fun and beautiful, and I think Anet deserves my money for their fantastic work.

I will ALSO support the claim from veterans about getting something to compensate the breach of trust that have grown during the last months between Anet and their customers.

I think we ALL should do BOTH.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

(edited by Ardid.7203)

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

Just know that the majority of the player base is not going to blindly drop 50-100 bucks on a game they know little about still.

Right… that’s why Kickstarter is a failure and why nobody spent hundreds of $’s on Star Citizen ships…oh, wait.

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

I bought tickets to Avengers 2 only knowing that Ultron was the bad guy. I buy every Stephen King novel only seeing the cover, I am rarely disappointed.
If you want to argue the lack of character slot, I will listen. If you say there isn’t enough information on expac. There doesn’t have to be. Any IP should be revealed at the creator’s discretion. Either you like the creator’s past work enough to trust in the purchase or you don’t.
Either way GW2 will roll on. Because some of us are still happy.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Right… that’s why Kickstarter is a failure and why nobody spent hundreds of $’s on Star Citizen ships…oh, wait.

I’m talking about this game…….
If you honestly believe ppl are lining up in droves throwing money at anet right now for HoT than so be it lol… but judging by the forums + reddit community, theres a pretty stout response that most players arent just going to fork over 50-100 bucks on a pre purchase of a game that doesnt even have a release window + half the details are still missing on the content..

Anet is playing the strategy of “just grab as much money as you can, as fast as you can, than deal with the response later”.. fairly straightforward business decision that works on ppl that don’t really care about the full details of a game they plan to buy..

Posted by: serenity.4712

serenity.4712

I am pretty happy. The riot is real and it should be.

Posted by: SyllyReth.2495

SyllyReth.2495

I am super happy playing the game and also super happy that I made my prepurchase. Got the ultimate edition (for the added gems) and will continue on my merry way. I, personally, wasn’t surprised at the $50 price point, and I had hit the nail right on the head with my prediction that the ultimate/special edition would be $100, so it really wasn’t a shock to me at all. I can, however, understand why players that planned on purchasing the standard edition are upset that it doesn’t even have a free character slot. There’s a new class coming out. Every edition should have a free slot with it.

However, I am going to enjoy the betas and then I am going to super enjoy the content when it comes out. I’ve only ever regretted one prepurchase in my life so far, and that wasn’t from ANet.

Unbridled Dynasty [UND]

Posted by: Mepi.4926

Mepi.4926

I also bought the 99 euro one, and I’m happy.. Reading all the crappy comments on fb and here almost made me regret my decision.. But people are just really forgetting a lot of things the game offers.
For example: An argument is that there will be only 1 new class. But that’s wrong. We will get a specialization for every class, meaning that we will get more ‘classes’ than we begun with at the start of gw2. Also, the specializations are probably gonna expand, with more than 1 per class.
And also, we’re probably gonna get another Living Story, with free updates every week for, who knows, 2 years or so. So 99 euro’s for this is money well spent imo

Posted by: xerokitsune.5094

xerokitsune.5094

Personally I’m happy, I bought the ultimate edition.
Mind you I’m in the camp that buys gems every so often, normally once every few months. So the $50 in gem cards would be something I would buy over the course of a year.
I was going to get an extra character slot, even if it wasn’t included in the expansion. Since their normally 800 gems, that’s another $10.
To me the expansion with some cosmetics cost me 40 dollars and I spent 60 on gem store.

Posted by: uriel.2597

uriel.2597

Wow!
You have spent a good bit of money and are now very happy!
Congratulations.

Posted by: Cyan.6904

Cyan.6904

Wow!
You have spent a good bit of money and are now very happy!
Congratulations.

Wow!
You’ve spent the time to give a comment that doesn’t add anything to the topic!
Congratulations.

Like seriously..

Cyan Graceland — Elementalist
The Knights Temple [TKT] — Aurora Glade

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Yesterday I lit my cigar with a nice, flaming €500 banknote. Still happy about it!

Posted by: Taiyoroku.1028

Taiyoroku.1028

Me and my wife do the same thing 200 U.S, but this game is all about experiences, things that wont come again, like the destruction of L.A, and other things, yes it is somehow expensive, but keep in mind that is not a Monthly pay MMO, it wort 3 months of ESO and oH boy thats a thing that im not gonna do again, please be happy and enjoy the game; good things are comming and who now maybe all the protest will bring even better things, for now im happy with it.

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

I plan on getting the ultimate edition as I regularly buy gems anyway, but I’m going to wait it out a little. I feel that including the base game, along with advertising to buy the base game on sale beforehand and stressing the need for it in the FAQ was a bit… yeah… a friend just bought the game for two people two days ago – our guild isn’t exactly thrilled by this. Moving the character slot down a tier to make it standard and adding something else to the deluxe to compensate would be more appropriate than the current offerings, in my opinion. And the handling of the sales, FAQ and base game, etc was just awful. I’m also expecting communication about all this to be pretty bad too, seeing the hostility.

Anywho, I’m going to hold on for a little while and see what happens. I know Anet have said things are final; and if anything did change, I’m sure people who have already pre-ordered HoT wouldn’t be left out… but due to the handling of this, I’m expecting something to change and would rather wait until after that has happened.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I plan to buy the Ultimate Edition since it’s the best deal of the bunch for me. GW2 has become my main MMO since LOTRO and Rift have been steadily dying out.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

the only reason I haven’t pre ordered HoT yet is simply because I am waiting to hear about a HoT Collectors edition or get confirmation that there won’t be one..
once I know then I’ll be pre ordering either the Ultimate or Collectors edition if there is one coming

Go to the HoT FAQ and check it out, it has a lot of changes, including that there will not be a physical CE (or at least something along the lines of “we have no plans for one, the extras will all be digital.”) You’re go for purchase

Posted by: Toxicity.5392

Toxicity.5392

“many many posts saying ‘no thanks’” Most of the time people only post when they are unhappy with something. Seeing a couple hundred posts clearly shows that only a minority of the playerbase is unhappy compared to probably the thousands of players who have already purchased the expansion and stayed quiet about while continuing to play the game.

That’s not actually true. A lot may agree but simply don’t care to post because they’ve been conditioned not to complain and be positive, like that people in this thread.

Such people are why the world is in such a pitiful state. You gotta fight the good fight tooth and nail, but nobody except the minority will do it.

I farm more than a chinese gold seller.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Such people are why the world is in such a pitiful state. You gotta fight the good fight tooth and nail, but nobody except the minority will do it.

Man… I wish my imagination were powerful enough to recast myself as a noble activist destined to save all mankind from its own baser nature when squawbbling over the price of an MMO… But usually I save that sort of self-congratulation for when I’ve overseas lugging sacks as part of a famine relief effort or spending my free time getting volunteer training for local disaster preparedness at my neighborhood fire station. Obviously my sense of scale is all warped.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

GW2 is entertainment, my friend. A form I’m happy to support in my small way, in return for many, many hours of fun with good friends. But how I or others support it (or choose not to) is not the “good fight” by any stretch of the imagination, in my eyes. No more than the lunatics who spend tons of dough for Super Bowl tickets.

The real good fight is the one you fight in your head, everywhere, every day.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

HAPPY AS ULTIMATE PACK, THANKS ARENANET!!!

Posted by: Will Lucky.8703

Will Lucky.8703

Got the Ultimate Edition myself, spent many hours in the game and hope it long continues.

Server: Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Not me, I haven’t bought the game and I’m not happy…..

because of legal problems with credit cards here in Venezuela I can’t buy directly from anet, I have to buy it from amazon with my gift card balance, which should be available next week according to the FAQ.

Then I’ll buy it and be happy..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: makagoto.1204

makagoto.1204

ultimate without a second thought for all the reasons already mentioned above.

Posted by: Darstrom.9736

Darstrom.9736

Loving the look of it, very happy with my purchase

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Got the Ultimate and will get hubby the same for his birthday prezzie.

Overall I am happy. I feel I got extremely good value for the core game and I got it full price way back when it first came out. We buy gems fairly regularly but I consider that some of the cost of entertainment. I have enjoyed the hours I have put into the game, the rewards I have earned and most of all the experiences and great people I have met.

Folk knew this expansion would most likely be at least 40+ dollars. Anyone could try to put aside 5 or 10 dollars a week from the time Anet had announced this and could have had nearly enough money for the Deluxe or Ultimate expansion by now. Also this makes the perfect birthday/holiday gift to ask for now.

A lot of folk won’t set goals such as saving for something they know is coming and then complain about how they cannot afford it when it becomes available… Saving isn’t hard at all. We all spend money on stuff that we don’t really account for. If people would write down everything they spend over the course of a month they might be surprised how much they would have actually have available if they cut out things like junk food, ciggies (bad for you!), and impulse buys. We all do it. I used to budget so much a week when working for lunches, coffee, snacks etc. Anything I didn’t spend I put in an envelope and was surprised to see how much I had after only a month. Folk need to put this in perspective.

Posted by: Toxicity.5392

Toxicity.5392

All these people happy about buying HoT when they don’t have HoT cause it’s not out..lel

I farm more than a chinese gold seller.

Posted by: HoangAn.2085

HoangAn.2085

I’m happy. Also note that if you get a lesser version than Ultimate you cannot upgrade to Ultimate later. My only regret might come if there is a physical box with physical items I want.

I needed this boost tonight, badly, and I’m pleased to have something fun to distract me from a terrible thing happening RL.

All this really means is a discount in gems lol, the deluxe package comes with shinies and u can upgrade via gem store. Which makes me sad

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Why should that make you sad?

Posted by: Taiyoroku.1028

Taiyoroku.1028

All these people happy about buying HoT when they don’t have HoT cause it’s not out..lel

Actually you have a point

Attachments:

Posted by: anx.7549

anx.7549

“many many posts saying ‘no thanks’” Most of the time people only post when they are unhappy with something. Seeing a couple hundred posts clearly shows that only a minority of the playerbase is unhappy compared to probably the thousands of players who have already purchased the expansion and stayed quiet about while continuing to play the game.

That’s not actually true. A lot may agree but simply don’t care to post because they’ve been conditioned not to complain and be positive, like that people in this thread.

So moving on from your wildly inaccurate assumptions that us people that have purchased this game have been ’ not conditioned to complain and be positive’

Erm, really?

Oh, and while you are at it, you’d like to blame us for the pitiful state of the world?

I’m shaking my head at how incredibly naive you sound. I thought the plight of the real world was wars, famine and terrorism, disease. Maybe you should take some of your admirable ‘fighting spirit’ and use it to make the world a better place.

All this over the price of a computer game that no-one is forcing you to buy? Don’t like it, don’t buy it. It really is that simple.

Anx

Posted by: upsdn.5426

upsdn.5426

Happy. We’re actually in playing the game and happy – the others are just the vocal minority.

You wish it was a minority. Why? Are they paying you? I will never understand fanboys.

upsdn.5426

I thought the plight of the real world was wars, famine and terrorism, disease. Maybe you should take some of your admirable ‘fighting spirit’ and use it to make the world a better place.

All this over the price of a computer game that no-one is forcing you to buy? Don’t like it, don’t buy it. It really is that simple.

Just because there are problems in the world, that doesn’t mean that consumers should not complain about an over-hyped product marketed and sold unfairly, while the base game is neglected henceforth. Stat changes, etc. are all being introduced to make way for Heart of Thorns. Those of us who don’t buy it will be at a disadvantage in WvW, PvP—I guarantee it.

Stop telling people to be quiet. We have a right to complain. If you’re bothered, then don’t listen. We’re not talking to you.

(And sure, you have as much right to say what you’re saying. But there’s a huge difference between consumers complaining, and fanboys attempting to silence consumers by aggressive ridicule.)

upsdn.5426

I thought the same thing. One of the “satisfied customers” in map chat said “well I got my goodies [$50 of gems and worthless extras] already”. More lol.