Anyone bought HoT and happy?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Anastasia Avalon.6908

Anastasia Avalon.6908

I bought the Ultimate edition, I am very happy, you basically bought the 4000 gems for $50 like in the store, don’t mind that since I needed gems anyway, you get the rest of the stuff and the game for $49.99.

Posted by: Grampybone.3716

Grampybone.3716

I thought they would never release XPac for GW2, so I was very happy when I saw the announcement presentation of HoT few months ago. With the pre-order today I’m getting even more impatient for the release.

Price for the expansion is high but not expensive. For me, I spend lots of time in leveling and playing my characters, without having to worry about an expiring subscription. If I don’t want to play for 2 weeks, that’s ok, won’t cost me a 1/2 month’s subcription money. Maybe it’s me but it feels very relaxing: Pay once and don’t worry about it after then.

I never had the feeling I was playing a non-sub MMO with GW2, and it didn’t have limitations that hint to purchasing gems/becoming VIP member, and it has freedom to play whenever I want.

And now they ask 45/75/99 euro for their expansion, which is pretty high. But it’s not expensive for it’s content/updates and unlimited access that you get in return. If this ensures future development of this game the same way ArenaNet did for vanilla GW2, I’m happy to pay for it.

Posted by: anx.7549

anx.7549

I’m not saying people shouldn’t complain, and I am certainly not a fanboy, nor was I being aggressive.

If you feel the game is over hyped and over priced of course you have every right to complain. I started this thread for those that have pre-ordered, and of course those that haven’t have as much right to jump in and have their say.

But making a sweeping generalisation about the players that have bought the game is incredibly naive and insulting.

Anx

Posted by: dragon.8071

dragon.8071

Happy? For how long? Don’t come back complaining if you are supposed to be happy after their expansion don’t live up to the hype.

Zerg Doors [ZD]

“Recent Graduate of Maguuma University with a degree in Forums Politics”

anx.7549

Happy? For how long? Don’t come back complaining if you are supposed to be happy after their expansion don’t live up to the hype.

And maybe don’t come back with your tail between your legs when you do buy it. Sound like a plan?

Anx

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I’m happy that you are supporting my gaming experience by giving Anet money in advance of knowing what you are getting , or even when you are getting it, enticed by some pixels and gems to buy more pixels which you could have got just by playing the game.

How long will your happiness last- they have your money, they are happy.

Hopefully you won’t wait too long for the product to be delivered and I hope you’re happy with what you get:-)

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: upsdn.5426

upsdn.5426

And maybe don’t come back with your tail between your legs when you do buy it. Sound like a plan?

You’re a white knight. You’re defending something that doesn’t need a defense (and doing so by ridiculing others). Do you think they’re going to pay you? No. It’s a transaction, and if you bought it, then the transaction is complete. There’s no need for you to come here and do more work for them. You gain nothing by trying to tell people they’re wrong for criticizing the game.

Ask yourself why it bothers you so much when people complain.

dragon.8071

Good plan. I won’t.

Zerg Doors [ZD]

dragon.8071

You’re a white knight. You’re defending something that doesn’t need a defense (and doing so by ridiculing others). Do you think they’re going to pay you? No. It’s a transaction, and if you bought it, then the transaction is complete. There’s no need for you to come here and do more work for them. You gain nothing by trying to tell people they’re wrong for criticizing the game.

He’s on their payroll?

Zerg Doors [ZD]

upsdn.5426

He’s on their payroll?

No, that’s my point.

upsdn.5426

Good plan. I won’t.

What sucks is, many players will do exactly this. Why will they do it? Because the base game is now worthless-ArenaNet/NCSOFT have essentially confirmed that it is wortheless by promising that no new Living Story will come to the core game, and by ignoring the broken open world content for years.

So the choice is: pay $50 or enjoy the rapid decline of the core game. Sure, many updates will make it into the core game very soon (otherwise HoT wouldn’t function). But we can expect many other things to become empty or non-functional. Good luck ever obtaining Sam, if you still need it.

I mean, why do you think they are vastly expanding (read: changing) the meta, with the June 23 changes? (Hint: the sinister stat combo was introduced as a bridge to the post-HoT meta).

anx.7549

1. He’s a she actually.

2. I’m not on the payroll.

3. I’m not telling anyone they are wrong. You don’t like this expansion, it doesn’t bother me one iota. However, don’t tell me what I can and can’t spend my money on.

4. Ask yourself why it bothers you why some people are not complaining.

Anx

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Well, the OP asked a question. Some of us answered.

Simple as that.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: Avariz.8241

Avariz.8241

Just as an aside to all of the negative threads. I’m happy with my purchase. I got the $99 Ultimate pack. Loving my mini… and gems that I won’t buy an item and delete!

Anyone else happy?

I am happy with the expectation that the HOT expansion total map size would be greater that 50% of current GW2’s.

If my expectation were not fulfill then I would be a sad panda. Vertical size would be part of the equation.

Posted by: olddog.7469

olddog.7469

I just bought it! Can’t wait to get into it!

Glad I don’t have to pay for a battle chest + current game + 180 bucks to play GW2 like some other games that will go nameless LOL

Awesome bargain! Cant see why anyone thinks it isn’t.

(edited by olddog.7469)

Posted by: Midway.2319

Midway.2319

I’m happy. This is why i’m happy.

Played lot’s of mmo’s. 50 dollars or more is about average for expansion prices of other mmo’s. Some with less content.

Second, Anet is correct in saying in the Faq that you’ll need the core to play the xpac.

Third, I know i’m not paying for the core a second time. It’s “FREE” apparently that’s a hard concept for some people.

Fourth, when has Anet ever released sale details ahead of schedule. We knew that the preorder was coming. We just didn’t know what was gonna be part of it. Core game “FREE” with preorder. I look at it as a bonus/sale that i have no use for.

For the people who never played mmo’s before. This is throwing them for a loop. This isn’t a steam game, this isn’t a console game, this is an mmo. The amount of “FREE” content that anet delivers is unrivaled by most other mmo’s.

If you don’t want to buy the xpac. I’ll cya next year when anet puts it on sale for 10 bucks. The nice thing about this game is, you can come and go as you please and not feel left out.

FREE: adverb

without cost or payment.

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

Played lot’s of mmo’s. 50 dollars or more is about average for expansion prices of other mmo’s. Some with less content.

Second, Anet is correct in saying in the Faq that you’ll need the core to play the xpac.

Third, I know i’m not paying for the core a second time. It’s “FREE” apparently that’s a hard concept for some people.

Fourth, when has Anet ever released sale details ahead of schedule. We knew that the preorder was coming. We just didn’t know what was gonna be part of it. Core game “FREE” with preorder. I look at it as a bonus/sale that i have no use for.

For the people who never played mmo’s before. This is throwing them for a loop. This isn’t a steam game, this isn’t a console game, this is an mmo. The amount of “FREE” content that anet delivers is unrivaled by most other mmo’s.

If you don’t want to buy the xpac. I’ll cya next year when anet puts it on sale for 10 bucks. The nice thing about this game is, you can come and go as you please and not feel left out.

without cost or payment.

Most likely I will see you in December when the xpac will be selling at $19.99 with a “free” slot thrown in.

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

I just got the DELUXE VERSION! I’m so stoked, guild halls look absolutely amazing! $75 dollars is a small price to pay for a unsub game that is better than any sub MMO I have ever played. With all the content they’ve given me for 3 years? Well worth it.

WoW for 3 years= $540 USD (Subscription Fee) Not Including Expansion or base game cost
FFXIV for 3 years= $540 USD Not Including Expansion or base game cost
Guild Wars 2 for 3 years = $60 USD base game cost + Heart of Thorns $75 USD=$135

Obviously, this game is best for its value. Its also imho, best MMO on the market.

Posted by: Satinel Alexa.8723

Satinel Alexa.8723

I’m happy! Got a lot of hours of fun for my initial E 60 so I gladly give Anet E 100 this time. Playing other MMO’s/games for this many hours would have cost me a hell of a lot more!

Posted by: XeoShock.7094

XeoShock.7094

FAQs…

Lest We Forget

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

Also, the forums here represent a very small minority of the player base… People that are upset with something are more likely to be vocal about it than people that are satisfied

I hate this argument by the way. Yes, forums are a small percentage of the player base. However, statistically speaking, the forums represent within a fairly accurate deviation the overall feelings of the entire player base.

You can usually see this effect on nearly any topic that invites disagreement and argument. Some defend, some accuse, and it usually always shakes out to be the same percentages as that of a total polled population.

So if your argument is “don’t listen to the naysayers, they’re a minority of the player base” then its a non-argument, since the yaysayers represent the same minority.

That was not my argument, I simply stated that the forums represent a small portion of the player base and that people that are unhappy typically are more vocal about it. What this does is sway the opinion of people who otherwise have no opinion at all because they see only one side from those that are the most upset and vocal about it.

Really, it comes down to if you believe the expansion is worth it or not. If you have more important things to spend your money on, I am sure it will be cheaper at some point. Anet is a company first and foremost, and money speaks to them better than words. I personally do not view the expansion to be unreasonable, though I was anticipating a $40 price point, I didn’t even imagine the rage I am seeing on this forum right now

The forums is LITERALLY the place for the population of the game to give their feedback to the company, if the feedback is more often negative than positive, then it’s pretty clear something needs to change or be compromised on. Sry to burst your bubble on that one.

Vicariuz.1605

without cost or payment.

You literally do not have any information on the amount of content going to be released with HoT as compared with other games, so you are lying.

The FAQ was anet gouging more money and lying.

You literally ARE paying for the core game again.

It is NOT a PRE-ORDER, it is a PRE-PURCHASE, the two things are exceedingly different and you should google them. You are PRE-PURCHASING a game that you have no idea about it’s content or release date.

I sincerely hope this is troll because if so 10/10 and if not I feel really kittenin bad for you and every one who agrees with you.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The forums is LITERALLY the place for the population of the game to give their feedback to the company, if the feedback is more often negative than positive, then it’s pretty clear something needs to change or be compromised on.

Your understanding of sampling bias is literally PAINFUL to read. It hurts my soul – you know that ephemeral and indestructible essence? Souls are pretty tough, really. And you’re hurting it. Please stop.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

without cost or payment.

You literally do not have any information on the amount of content going to be released with HoT as compared with other games, so you are lying.

It is NOT a PRE-ORDER, it is a PRE-PURCHASE, the two things are exceedingly different and you should google them. You are PRE-PURCHASING a game that you have no idea about it’s content or release date.

I sincerely hope this is troll because if so 10/10 and if not I feel really kittenin bad for you and every one who agrees with you.

You feeling bad for someone who is investing their money in a game that they think is worth it is what I find hilarious. It’s their money, who are you to say where they should or shouldn’t use it? I’m satisfied with the free content they’ve given in 3 years, more than exceeding money expectations. I’m more then willing to give another base game worth of 3 years of content, thank you. You must have some complex to degrade people and feel sorry for them about a video game, get some help man. Your internet Warrior Spirit is crying.

Vicariuz.1605

The forums is LITERALLY the place for the population of the game to give their feedback to the company, if the feedback is more often negative than positive, then it’s pretty clear something needs to change or be compromised on.

Your understanding of sampling bias is literally PAINFUL to read. It hurts my soul – you know that ephemeral and indestructible essence? Souls are pretty tough, really. And you’re hurting it. Please stop.

Where would you like people with valid complaints to interact? While it may not be the statistical summit of the player base as a whole, it’s a very VALID and IMPORTANT means of communication between customers and between customer and company. If it wasn’t, THERE WOULDN’T BE A FORUM. Take your straw man arguments and your theology and go sit in the corner.

without cost or payment.

You feeling bad for someone who is investing their money in a game that they think is worth it is what I find hilarious. It’s their money, who are you to say where they should or shouldn’t use it? I’m satisfied with the free content they’ve given in 3 years, more than exceeding money expectations. I’m more then willing to give another base game worth of 3 years of content, thank you. You must have some complex to degrade people and feel sorry for them about a video game, get some help man. Your internet Warrior Spirit is crying.

No, I don’t feel bad for some one investing money in a game they think is worth it, I feel bad because they are so incredibly misinformed and hoodwinked into believing they are objectively correct. I never said anything about should or should not regarding them purchasing anything. I honestly DON’T CARE what you’re happy with. I’m not degrading any one, I’m simply stating facts, and if you can’t agree with FACT then you are the one with the problem.

Nike.2631

Where would you like people with valid complaints to interact?

Here, of course. I’d just be deliriously happy if they weren’t trying to pushing blatant Appeal to the Masses fallacies to lend themselves weight that they don’t actually have.

(edited by Nike.2631)

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Where would you like people with valid complaints to interact?

Here, of course. I’d just be deliriously happy if they weren’t trying to pushing blatant Appeal to the Masses fallacies to lend themselves weight that they don’t actually have.

Are we doing this nonsense again? For what it’s worth, it was the other party that started using terms like “vocal minority”.

Minority or not, they made a thread on reddit to “boycott” the xpac. It’s not possible for anyone of us to determine whether they outnumber those that pre-purchased.

Nike.2631

Are we doing this nonsense again? For what it’s worth, it was the other party that started using terms like “vocal minority”.

Sorry. Pretend I frowned at them too .

Minority or not, they made a thread on reddit to “boycott” the xpac. It’s not possible for anyone of us to determine whether they outnumber those that pre-purchased.

Exactly. Which makes claims based on “a bunch of self-selecting people said X so it must be true” just pointless and ultimately self-defeating. Devs ignore bad arguments supporting good requests. I’ve watched them do it here for years. Even if its a position I don’t share, I like to see it presented in a way that the Devs can’t casually dismiss because its riddled with errors and unsupportable exaggerations.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

i am happy not only i bought xpac with $49.99 and $50 gems with some free stuff. The xpac is going to give very different gaming xp than core game. Which i think is worth every penny than other games xpac which charge you $50 with exactly same content (higher lv and new gear only) and force you remake your gear.

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

Happy. We’re actually in playing the game and happy – the others are just the vocal minority.

Funny how the vocal minority always swells to a vocal majority and ends up representing the general opinion of the playerbase. And those few, few knights who defend the continuously questionable decisions by Anet can stand and watch as they roll back what they released time and time again. This level of backlash has already reached the proper levels in management, that much is certain.

At a time when news of HoT purchase details should provide a boon of anticipation and excitement they created a kittenstorm. Now we sit and wait for what the pre-purchase options are supposed to look like.

Posted by: dobri.7820

dobri.7820

yes me

//Message Body length must at least be 15.//

Posted by: evilunderling.9265

evilunderling.9265

Yes, I bought it.

Went for the ultimate package, probably in part because of the backlash rather than in spite of it.

How quickly I start playing again after launch depends on how good HW is, however. I’m still paid up for quite a long time in FFXIV at the moment.

Posted by: glitterbat.2813

glitterbat.2813

Yes, husband and I both bought Ultimate yesterday – as did a bunch of our guildies. We’re all really excited for HoT :)

[RNGZ] – Piken Square
Tallia Cabrema | Sylvia Cabrema | Alexis Cabrema | Elena Cabrema | Eloise Cabrema
Sabine Cabrema | Gráinne Cabrema | Grace Cabrema | Silke Brahamsdóttir