Anyone else getting sick of crashing?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: AWACS.6537

AWACS.6537

It’s really irritating when the game crashes a minute before the POS meta event ends.

No.

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

Have you tried the 64bit (beta) client?

Posted by: TGI FRIDAY.6275

TGI FRIDAY.6275

I’ve yet to crash…

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

I rarely crashed for 3 years. Then HoT arrived and the crashes came every hour. But ever since I started using the 64-bit client, all is well again. If you have a 64-bit system I would definitely recommend using it.

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

Yep, just crashed my 3rd time in the DS meta right at the end, very annoying. I’ve moved over to the 64-bit client, but I’m not holding my breath. Although on one crash I ran the game as a window and I could resume playing (just ignore the crash report). It’s not enjoyable, but the next time I do that meta I’m going to play it in window mode to see if I can bypass the crash again.

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Haven’t crashed since I switched to the 64-bit client, but it does have hiccups at times, sound gets all weird and distorted and the frames crash to a stutter for a little while, before it all resumes normal play again. It’s as if it’s garbage collecting and dumping everything in memory all at once, choking up.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Astrella.8930

Astrella.8930

Yes, especially since I don’t just get crashes but I get full bluescreens. :/

Posted by: Lola.4172

Lola.4172

yes completely.

I couldn’t finish HoT as I keep getting kicked , so I installed 64 bit and now the big fights are unplayable in PvE and WvW

thank god for FO4

RAZZ
mezmebaby

Posted by: logan.5846

logan.5846

Set your texture setting to medium. It makes a negligible visual difference and fixed all the crashes for me.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Yes, especially since I don’t just get crashes but I get full bluescreens. :/

Check your PC if it’s not overheating or have some hardwere failure.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: heatherforever.7894

heatherforever.7894

Third time in Dragon Stand, spending over an hour on precursor events ... 200% participation & yep, third time I crash just as Final Boss is almost dead. So. Done.

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Third time in Dragon Stand, spending over an hour on precursor events … 200% participation & yep, third time I crash just as Final Boss is almost dead. So. Done.

64 bit client? Yes or no?

Posted by: MrDeVil.1543

MrDeVil.1543

Only crashes I get are from the game not liking my OC’d GPU. If I remember to turn the OC off it runs like butter.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Yep! Sick of them. 30s before daybreak hits (just was going to fail getting t4 anyway…), crash! And no, I don’t have the 64 bit client because that insta crashes on start up for me. I’m one of those super, lucky few that seems to have something conflicting with hardware that doesn’t allow the client to run (yes ANet is aware of it.)

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Yep! Sick of them. 30s before daybreak hits (just was going to fail getting t4 anyway…), crash! And no, I don’t have the 64 bit client because that insta crashes on start up for me. I’m one of those super, lucky few that seems to have something conflicting with hardware that doesn’t allow the client to run (yes ANet is aware of it.)

That would be because your OS is 32 bit. Unfortunately your system no longer fully meets the requirements to run smoothly. I’d suggest upgrading your OS

Posted by: Ratbones.6058

Ratbones.6058

It’s infuriating when you’ve put like an hour or more into a map meta, and crash on the boss. Happened last night in AB, and this morning in VB. 200% participation down the tubes, as I was locked out of the map. I wish the system either loaded you BACK into your previous map instance, or at least tied participation to account and paid out when the map resets.

Posted by: White Hunter.3416

White Hunter.3416

1. Reduce graphics settings.
2. Use 64 bit client. If you can’t, see 1.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

64b client will fix ur crashes, but looks like it causes fps stutter at random times, at least happens to me for some secs

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Solomon Darkfury.3729

It’s infuriating when you’ve put like an hour or more into a map meta, and crash on the boss. Happened last night in AB, and this morning in VB. 200% participation down the tubes, as I was locked out of the map. I wish the system either loaded you BACK into your previous map instance, or at least tied participation to account and paid out when the map resets.

Several of us have posted resolutions to the issue in this thread… have you tried them?

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

On the 32-bit client, turn graphics to best performance during the meta battles.

The 64-bit client stopped thre crashes all together, even with high graphics settings. It also improved my frame rate significantly.

You can get the 64-bit client from the ANet website, once you log it,

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

64b client will fix ur crashes, but looks like it causes fps stutter at random times, at least happens to me for some secs

I strongly suspect that the random stutters are not caused by the 64-bit client, but rather that these stutters are what are crashing the 32-bit client. Upgrading to the 64-bit client means you’re using enough memory now that the game can keep running while… whatever it is that’s chewing up your memory works itself out, where previously it ran out of memory and crashed right as the stutter began so you wouldn’t even see it.

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

if you crash a lot learn how to steer your glider better. use the updrafts too and avoid running into vines, trees and cliffs. Also don’t drink and fly. Fly responsibly.

signed your friendly PSA.

Lothirieth.3408

That would be because your OS is 32 bit. Unfortunately your system no longer fully meets the requirements to run smoothly. I’d suggest upgrading your OS

No it is not. I mean seriously. You really think I’m going to try to install the 64 bit client on 32 bit windows? :/ Please….

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/64-bit-Client-Beta-FAQ/page/4#post5721220

“There appears to be a bug with the compiler runtime, where it can generate code that just won’t run with certain CPU/OS combinations.”

(edited by Lothirieth.3408)

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

No it is not. I mean seriously. You really think I’m going to try to install the 64 bit client on 32 bit windows? :/ Please….

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/64-bit-Client-Beta-FAQ/page/4#post5721220

“There appears to be a bug with the compiler runtime, where it can generate code that just won’t run with certain CPU/OS combinations.”

Uhm, I used to crash frequently when I had 32-bit Win7 (this was pre-HoT). As soon as I updated to 64-bit Win7, not a single crash even after HoT. Played as soon as the expansion went live too and the maps were chockablock. Just saying. I’m also not overclocking and run my graphics on autodetect (which puts me somewhere in the middle of the spectrum). I honestly don’t know why so many people are crashing.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

Lothirieth.3408

Uhm, I used to crash frequently when I had 32-bit Win7 (this was pre-HoT). As soon as I updated to 64-bit Win7, not a single crash even after HoT. Played as soon as the expansion went live too and the maps were chockablock. Just saying. I’m also not overclocking and run my graphics on autodetect (which puts me somewhere in the middle of the spectrum). I honestly don’t know why so many people are crashing.

For the last time, I have 64-bit win7. I’ve had it for a while now. No problems with crashes except in the new HoT maps. 64-bit client will not work on my pc due to the explanation from the dev I posted. He also later posted they think they can make a work around for this problem and plus are continuing to work on the OoM issue with the 32-bit client regardless.

(edited by Lothirieth.3408)

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

I am a 32 bit user (its impossible for me to upgrade atm) and I used to get crashes every 10-15 kind in HoT areas (don’t go there anymore) and randomly in old areas like SW, CS, cities which never happened before 23rd October patch. I really hope Anet fixes the OOM crashes for us 32 bit users ASAP.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE