Are adventures ever going to be fixed?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Increasing the time to do them won’t solve the problems with flawed adventures.

Unresponsive skills, randomness, AI not acting the same for all players, creatures getting in the way when they are not meant to be part of the adventure, collisions not matching visuals, inconsistent behaviors…

That won’t get fixed with giving more time to do them, they will keep only frustrating players until they give up on them and they turn into a sore thumb sticking out whenever they are a daily or whenever people, check their achievement panels.

And “just don’t do them” is not an option, and “some people do them” or “there’s other masteries you can earn so you don’t need them” are just off-topic excuses. I’m not talking about earning masteries. I’m talking about adventures.

Take Shooting gallery.

• It’s only available for a few minutes at a time, and won’t open during night at all.
  • There’s a rally point right on top of it, and it won’t open even if the rally point is secured.
  • There’s always hostile creatures around, and other players can lure them into the adventure to troll.
  • The description of the Fire skill says it has a 1/2s activation in its description, but actually takes 3/4s to fire the first time it’s fired, because the character plays a ‘ready weapon’ animation before actually firing. Holding the skill will keep a fire rate closer to twice per second, but still not quite.
  • The projectile strays from the crosshair, I can consistently fire a Fierce Shot on he same pixel of the screen with a warrior rifle, you equip this adventure’s rifle, half the time the bullet goes anywhere but to the dot on the screen.
  • There’s several invisible collisions in front of the targets.
  • The targets have inconsistent collisions themselves. I’ve literally walked to one of the targets, point blank shot to its head, and nothing, Fire to the chest? Nothing. I had to fire the lower half of the target.

And not everyone is having the same problems with them, as if there was something client-wide that isn’t working properly and the same for everyone.

Other adventures have similar or worse problems, and increasing the timers won’t fix any of that. Changes to the timers will just allow the few players less affected by the problems to do them in less time, that won’t ease the frustration they create for those who are affected by the problems.

They need to be actually fixed, not dismissed, brushed aside as if they never happened.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They could if you’re very specific about what the problems you’re having are.

Shooting gallery is available during the day whenever there isn’t a meta event at that location. It’s available for more than a few minutes.

I’ve never noticed any invisible collisions. Do you know which targets specifically? From where were you standing?

What’s your typical ping when doing it?

MithranArkanere.8957

And here we go with the dismissive responses.

This is not just me. I’m the one making the post after the complains I’ve heard in-game every time people attempt them.

Feedback has been given for each adventure too. What I wrote in the post is just one example. You can use google and search the forums to see all of the other feedback. All has been listed already. But adventures merely got more time added to them instead having those issues addressed.

And don’t tell me there are invisible collisions. Look at the image attached. As you can see the crosshair is right on top of the target, none of the items in front of it are visibly in the path, yet they stop the bullet.

Funny enough, when you do fire, the bullet goes anywhere but to that target, because it strays from a straight path. Leave the mouse alone, fire only with the keyboard, the crosshair doesn’t move, the bullet goes all over the place most of the time, and when it does go to the target, the bullet doesn’t reach the target. Something stops it. I’ve walked right to the target to fire, since there’s a jar there that disappears if you move far from it even at the highest settings, but the image I attached aims to the head of the dummy, well over the disappearing jar. Meaning the objects in front of the target have collisions bigger than their models.

It doesn’t matter if they give you 1 more minute to do the adventure if you are going to spend that minute firing until the bullet happens to stray right on that minuscule gap between the invisible collisions that lets the bullet through.

It doesn’t matter if the adventure is open before the meta is completed if there’s hostile creatures constantly spawning there and attacking you. Seriously. Once I wanted to waypoint away to join my guildies for guild missions. The creatures around there respawn so often that whenever I opened my map, another one had appeared and put me in combat. I had to waypoint somewhere else in the brief moment there was no enemies to waypoint from the map.

Adventures need to get fixed.

If they want me to give in-depth feedback of every issue, I’ll ask around, I’ll get lots of people to try them and give me their issues with them, and I’ll make a list to add to all previous feedback on them that already exists in the forums.

But it doesn’t matter how much feedback we give if it’s nothing is done with it. Adding more time to do them won’t fix the issues. That does nothing.

Attachments:

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

When firing, the projectile is shot towards where your cursor was originally located on the screen when you initiated the shot and moving the character will adjust it. If you aim to the left, fire, then correct your shot for example, it’ll shoot to the left. If you aim to the left, fire and strafe to the right however, it’ll hit the target. If you’re saying it’s shooting all over without any movement, like a shotgun, you’ve found a bug.

The nearby enemies shouldn’t be a problem if the camp is secured. This adventure used to be locked until it was. You may have to kill an enemy now, but at least it’s open a majority of the day.

Asura? Lower to the ground means you fire from a lower position which has a higher chance of obstructions.

MithranArkanere.8957

Sigh… People is not pressing the button and moving the mouse around before skill activation completes. Everyone quickly realizes how the projectile fires and so they leave it still until the projectile shoots.

And those enemies give prority to players. So even if the camp is secured, they’ll focus on players. And NPCs do little damage to them, so they stick around for quite a while. Enough to put players in combat and slow them down so they take longer to move to adjust for positions that can’t be reached unless moving around a lot. And what’s worse, trolling players can lure enemies to them.

And that screenshoot was been taken from a highest height charr. People have tried with all sizes and shapes. That changes little. While projectiles may start lower when fired by asura, the distances are so long that it doesn’t matter.

Please. Stop making up excuses as if the problem was because of what players do. The problems are in the designs of the broken adventures. These problems won’t stop until they are fixed.

Being dismissive helps nobody.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

The only one being dismissive is you. You’re dismissing the help others are trying to give in trying to route out other possible causes of the problems you’ve posted about. So your comment about being dismissive helping nobody goes both ways.

No one’s saying that you haven’t had the problems you’re saying. Just that you’re exaggerating on how long the adventure is open for and that there may be reasons other than bugs that you’re having the issues you’re having.

And it could be that there are bugs that a few people run into but it’s not easy to reproduce on ANet’s side the conditions that cause the bugs. Have you submitted any bug reports in game?

Ayrilana.1396

And here we go with the dismissive responses.

This is not just me. I’m the one making the post after the complains I’ve heard in-game every time people attempt them.

Feedback has been given for each adventure too. What I wrote in the post is just one example. You can use google and search the forums to see all of the other feedback. All has been listed already. But adventures merely got more time added to them instead having those issues addressed.

And don’t tell me there are invisible collisions. Look at the image attached. As you can see the crosshair is right on top of the target, none of the items in front of it are visibly in the path, yet they stop the bullet.

Funny enough, when you do fire, the bullet goes anywhere but to that target, because it strays from a straight path. Leave the mouse alone, fire only with the keyboard, the crosshair doesn’t move, the bullet goes all over the place most of the time, and when it does go to the target, the bullet doesn’t reach the target. Something stops it. I’ve walked right to the target to fire, since there’s a jar there that disappears if you move far from it even at the highest settings, but the image I attached aims to the head of the dummy, well over the disappearing jar. Meaning the objects in front of the target have collisions bigger than their models.

It doesn’t matter if they give you 1 more minute to do the adventure if you are going to spend that minute firing until the bullet happens to stray right on that minuscule gap between the invisible collisions that lets the bullet through.

It doesn’t matter if the adventure is open before the meta is completed if there’s hostile creatures constantly spawning there and attacking you. Seriously. Once I wanted to waypoint away to join my guildies for guild missions. The creatures around there respawn so often that whenever I opened my map, another one had appeared and put me in combat. I had to waypoint somewhere else in the brief moment there was no enemies to waypoint from the map.

Adventures need to get fixed.

If they want me to give in-depth feedback of every issue, I’ll ask around, I’ll get lots of people to try them and give me their issues with them, and I’ll make a list to add to all previous feedback on them that already exists in the forums.

But it doesn’t matter how much feedback we give if it’s nothing is done with it. Adding more time to do them won’t fix the issues. That does nothing.

The invisible collision in the attached image is that rock.

Telling people to just google search doesn’t help them identify the problems that you are specifically having. It’s no different than me creating a post complaining about the prices on the TP and then telling those who want specifics to just google to see what I’m talking about.

The bullet has never strayed from the path that I have fired. If you’re moving the cursor as you fire then you have a greater chance of missing despite thinking that you should have hit the target. Firing from a long distance requires a very precise shot. You’re not shooting with a shotgun.

Nothing spawns in that area that cannot be avoided. And no, I am not referring to them as an obstacle. Exactly what is attacking you and from where in that area? Everything there should be yellow except as you get towards the exits which you don’t need to go to.

As I mentioned in the other post, you should look at your ping. The issue could be that you’re lagging which could cause what you’re seeing.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Stevieboy.4192

Stevieboy.4192

I was on a VB map when someone shouted in map chat that they had got gold on shooting gallery after 183 attempts and god knows how many hours of trying.
183 attempts? At a mini game most players (including me) will try once or twice?
Kudos to the guy/gal for putting in the effort ( I managed a 10 minute burst before I had to go off and batter something to death) and getting the reward (I’m sure it was worth it)
But 183 attempts on a mini game on the first Hot map?
I for one am glad I gave up on them after 10 minutes.
(probably less…)
Anyone that has completed more than one has my unwavering respect.( a couple of minutes anyway and that’s quite a lot…)

Due to inactivity…

Posted by: Knight In Shining Armor.1708

Knight In Shining Armor.1708

I just got gold on Tendril Torchers last night after a year of trying off and on. I had to use guild currency to buy a swiftness banner.

For Shooting Gallery I was able to get silver after only a couple attempts, which does award a mastery point. May I suggest moving closer to the target? The pic attached looks too far away for me. Since the first set of targets pop up in a fixed location I’ve had to memorize the pattern and place myself correctly.

The next few targets spawn further back into that shallow cave and one appears up high on that wooden platform/arch thing, so I like to move into there so I can turn around and hit the high ones.

Not saying it’s easy. Going by Tendril Torchers, I know it’s not. Maybe a swiftness banner or booster might help as it did with me.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I think adventures need to be available at least 75% of the time, which means in VB they would need to be available for part of the night as well and most if not all of the day. It just sucks to have to do meta events just to gain access to these adventures. You can’t just pop in and practice whenever you want if the meta isn’t advancing fast enough.

Other than that I’m generally ok with them. I do wish that the requirements for gold on some of them was lowered, but keeping a title for people who hit the current requirements, to show that they did it. This would help people gather their mastery points as well as lower frustrations for some (hopefully).

Ayrilana.1396

I think adventures need to be available at least 75% of the time, which means in VB they would need to be available for part of the night as well and most if not all of the day. It just sucks to have to do meta events just to gain access to these adventures. You can’t just pop in and practice whenever you want if the meta isn’t advancing fast enough.

Other than that I’m generally ok with them. I do wish that the requirements for gold on some of them was lowered, but keeping a title for people who hit the current requirements, to show that they did it. This would help people gather their mastery points as well as lower frustrations for some (hopefully).

The April update made them all available in the day unless there is an event going on in the immediate vicinity.

The Tendril Torchers and Salvage Pit adventures in Verdant Brink have both been altered to stay unlocked during the entire daytime period.

The Shooting Gallery adventure in Verdant Brink has been altered to be unlocked during most of the day, except when the following events move through the space:

• The “Defend the Pact encampment against hylek attacks” event
  • The “Salvage scrap from the crashed Pact airship for Bongo to reinforce the outpost” event
    *The “Help Faren train to be a swordsmaster” event

All adventures in Auric Basin will now remain unlocked except during the “Battle in Tarir” meta-event.

The Beetle Feast and Scrap Rifle Field Test adventures in Tangled Depths will now remain available when the chak gerent isn’t present.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-19-2016/first#post6122828

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Short answer to the question:

Nope.

They tried fixing them once or twice, and they’re still a miserable experience.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Maybe Anet claimed that they were made available all day, but personally Tendril Torchers and Shooting Gallery are still closed about 60% of the time I walk past, solely because the meta hasn’t advanced far enough along.

Ayrilana.1396

Maybe Anet claimed that they were made available all day, but personally Tendril Torchers and Shooting Gallery are still closed about 60% of the time I walk past, solely because the meta hasn’t advanced far enough along.

Tendril Torchers not being available (assuming it’s daytime) would be a bug then as the patch note states it should be available during the entire daytime.

Shooting gallery is only unavailable when either of those three events are active. The adventure is available anytime befor and after that part in the meta assuming it is daylight.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There are probably some adventures that do need adjustment, but let’s not just complain about adventures altogether. I did On Wings of Gold today and it was relatively easy. I did the salvage pit.

If you pick the absolute hardest or worst adventure to use as an example, it shouldn’t surprise you if people don’t take you a seriously as they might. Because you’re picking the worst example, people will believe, rightly or wrongly, that you’re trying to deceive.

There are problems with a number of adventures, but lumping them all together this way doesn’t really help anyone. For one thing, I believe only a handful of adventures need to be fixed, out of all of them. Those adventures should be singled out, rather than a post that talks about all aventures, then uses the worst or one of the worst as an example.

It starts by identifying which adventures are the culprits. For example, a lot of them are all but impossible for people living in other countries and I don’t consider that fair. I’m not sure I’ll even get silver on some of them let alone gold.

That said, at this point it becomes a completionist thing. Even in Australia, I had enough mastery points to max out every HOT mastery before the new zones even came out, without getting gold on several adventures and silver on at least a couple.

If you count the adventures virtually anyone can do, the problems with the remaining ones seem a lot less serious. They don’t block progress except on that adventure which is meaningless except as a form of completion.

I’d like to see adventures fixed so that they’re fair to everyone, even Australians, But I don’t come here, post the worst example and try to tell people adventures need to be fixed, because I don’t believe it’s helpful.