ArenaNet-Try Harder(to get me to)Pre-Order

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Come on. The deadline for pre-ordring(with bonus character slot)is close to two weeks away and idk what my fave class’s new weapon is yet. How many new maps are we getting? I don’t care that they are multi-layered. It’s not my question. How many maps are in the expansion. Not new cities.

Explorable. Maps. to. play. in.

How many sets of armor can I earn by playing. Weapons? Glider skins?

Is there one of each existing weapon getting at least one new Legendary skin?

How many new collections are there? New exotic skins? New Cultural Armor sets? Are there new additions to the Achievement section? New dyes? New PvP and Borderlands armor and weapon skins exclusive to those formats?

Why should I buy this x-pac when I don’t even know half of what will be in it? What new weapon is Thief getting? Warrior?

It’s not on me to just buy your game. It’s on you to sell it to me. So sell me on it.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Iason Evan.3806)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Come on. The deadline for pre-ordring is close to two weeks away and idk what my fave class’s new weapon is yet. How many new maps are we getting? I don’t care that they are multi-layered. It’s not my question. How many maps are in the expansion. Not new cities.

How many new collections are there? New exotic skins? New Cultural Armor sets? Are there new additions to the Achievement section? New dyes? New PvP and Borderlands armor and weapon skins exclusive to those formats?

Why should I buy this x-pac when I don’t even know half of what will be in it? What new weapon is Thief getting? Warrior?

It’s not on me to just buy your game. It’s on you to sell it to me. So sell me on it.

That isn’t the deadline to pre-purchase. Everyone has up until the day it releases to do that. Until they announce the release date, you still have plenty of time.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Wilroc.5428

Wilroc.5428

I pretty much second what OP is saying. I mean, we maybe don’t need to know all those details such as collections or legendaries (at least I wouldn’t), but I think we should get to know how many maps, what are the specializations (maybe not every trait, but at least an overview), estimate on new non-gem-store skins would be nice. The I believe the real question people want to have answered is, “How long can I play this before I get bored?” It’s a tough question to answer since that is different for each person, but answers to these other questions help people evaluate this for themselves.

For example, if there were 5 new dungeons (I know there aren’t any), 4 new zones, cool specializations, and I wanted 2 of the new legendaries plus some other skins coming out, then I would say it would take ~6 months for me to get bored.

BUT, if you give me no new dungeons, maybe only 1 multi-layered map, tell me nothing about my main class’s specialization (warrior), and I have no idea what goals I’ll be working toward other than some lore/glider stuff(which, I’ll grant you, sounds cool), then I’m just not intrigued enough. That’s why I haven’t pre-ordered yet.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

If you’re talking about the refund policy because you bought the game between January 23rd and June 16th of this year, there is little reason to not pre-purchase unless you don’t intend on playing the game. You would get your money back for the initial purchase, so you get the pricing that a new player would get (which is actually quite good), you don’t lose your stuff, and you get an additional character slot too.

Otherwise, if you bought the game before January 23rd, Ayrilana is right; you have up until the day before the game releases to pre-purchase.

Iason Evan.3806

Come on. The deadline for pre-ordring is close to two weeks away and idk what my fave class’s new weapon is yet. How many new maps are we getting? I don’t care that they are multi-layered. It’s not my question. How many maps are in the expansion. Not new cities.

That isn’t the deadline to pre-purchase. Everyone has up until the day it releases to do that. Until they announce the release date, you still have plenty of time.

I added what I meant about pre-order deadline. Character slot stuff. My bad on forgetting that info. When I say deadline pre-order though, most people get what I meant.

MiniEquine.6014

I added what I meant about pre-order deadline. Character slot stuff. My bad on forgetting that info. When I say deadline pre-order though, most people get what I meant.

That deadline still only applies to you if you bought the game between Jan 23rd and June 16th of this year. If you bought it prior to that, you have up until the expansion launches to get the pre-purchase bonus character slot. As I stated in my comment, it’s an awesome deal if you bought the game within that Jan-June timeframe, at least in my opinion.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

It’s a little ridiculous how little detailed information we’ve gotten at this point. I’m not pre-ordering until I know how many maps there are at the very least.

Iason Evan.3806

That deadline still only applies to you if you bought the game between Jan 23rd and June 16th of this year. If you bought it prior to that, you have up until the expansion launches to get the pre-purchase bonus character slot. As I stated in my comment, it’s an awesome deal if you bought the game within that Jan-June timeframe, at least in my opinion.

My second account would require that. Hence me wanting more info. This is the first time I haven’t felt fully convinced to buy an ArenaNet game in ten years sight unseen. Them releasing the skill update in such an unfinished state among other myriad issues points to quality control issues. What state is the x-pac going to be in? How much content is in this thing? All valid questions. Thanks for the clarification though.

Posted by: Goo.7926

Goo.7926

Try harder for sure! Not even a little summer event??!! You really think that makes me wanna pre buy it….? you are wrong! Give me a date release or nothing!

Posted by: Miriam.2506

Miriam.2506

Seeing the little progress made from first closed beta to this beta is very bad. It just seems nothing is done and things that got finished worked several times, with developers needed at other places.

What I see and played didn’t changed anything inside my mind to still say it’s still not worth money at all and things people wanted to come back still ignored. Sure BETA development, but the core game shouldn’t be dead by this years they take.

Compare with a car factory. Developing a new models of cars, all production of old cars is stopped because we need all for the new. Selling none of the old as long as the new ready will force the factory to close. Because people want to buy even if older instead of waiting for a ghost inside a long dark future, nobody knows if it ever happens.

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

You have until jully 30th for pre purchase bonus character slot

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

It’s a little ridiculous how little detailed information we’ve gotten at this point. I’m not pre-ordering until I know how many maps there are at the very least.

Same.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Yeah, they’ve managed to cheese out months and months on class skills (Zzzzzzzzzzz), one pvp map, one wvw map and the mention of guild halls. No $$$$ until I hear how many maps we are getting – at the very least.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

I pre ordered, and i second the OP.

Its like they are giving us 1/4 of a cookie every week, its getting annoying.

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

gw2 spoiled me by giving me FAR more content than $60 would usually give.
so i’m happy to buy HoT =)

even if it is only 1/4 the size of GW2’s original launch. i’d consider it worth it due to the ammount of content GW2 and HoT together gives for $120.

and new players get both for $60! if GW2 original launch was worth far more than $60,
then HoT+ GW2+ the content added in since launch makes that the best thing on the market.

i know i will be dissapointed by thief if it gets a staff (i wanted a rifle……)
and probably ranger since it gets a support staff….

but more content and stuff to mess with yay

( is it that hard to give us a medium armor rifle class? no….engineer doesn’t count. thats a SHOTGUN. not a rifle. )

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

I agree if they want my development seed money to finish the actual expansion since I highly doubt they have a complete Alpha version since it feels like they’re still making HOT piece by piece, then they better unveil the list of PVE zones.

I know they think we’re supposed to be focusing on all these amazing features but it seems like they’re saying behold the Porter House Steak Dinner let us tell you about all of the amazing butter, salt, pepper, BBQ sauce, complimentary bisquits/salad bar, drink specials because we all know you didn’t come to a steakhouse expecting us to tell you about the Steak (content), just about the rich plethora of condiments and complimentary sides (features)!

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

Seriously people Anet will never tell you up front, for you not to buy the game based on maps is exactly what they fear, they know you won’t buy if you find out. You will have to find out on the first day I for one will find out on the first day and post. Perhaps even during a beta if they even allow us that far in.

Oldirtbeard.9834

Why not, that other well known company usually displays the map with their expansion announcement at their company’s convention which usually occurs in November?

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Just wait it out. I am sure ANET will extend the pre-order when their sales statistic is not satisfactory to them.

Ayrilana.1396

Just wait it out. I am sure ANET will extend the pre-order when their sales statistic is not satisfactory to them.

Or their pre-purchase sales are already right on target or exceeding expectations so they would have no need to do that. They could also be factoring in players who will pre-purchase between now and release or immediately upon the expansion’s release.

I guess what I’m saying is that if you expect that sales are not satisfactory, and that they will extend the bonus offer, you have pretty good chance that you’ll be disappointed.

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Or their pre-purchase sales are already right on target or exceeding expectations so they would have no need to do that. They could also be factoring in players who will pre-purchase between now and release or immediately upon the expansion’s release.

I guess what I’m saying is that if you expect that sales are not satisfactory, and that they will extend the bonus offer, you have pretty good chance that you’ll be disappointed.

Doesn’t matter, not buying HoT anyways.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Sorry to hear that.

Oldirtbeard.9834

I still hold ANet to the same standards as that other company that has a hold on the MMO industry (even in it’s twilight).

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

gw2 spoiled me by giving me FAR more content than $60 would usually give.
so i’m happy to buy HoT =)

even if it is only 1/4 the size of GW2’s original launch. i’d consider it worth it due to the ammount of content GW2 and HoT together gives for $120.

and new players get both for $60! if GW2 original launch was worth far more than $60,
then HoT+ GW2+ the content added in since launch makes that the best thing on the market.

i know i will be dissapointed by thief if it gets a staff (i wanted a rifle……)
and probably ranger since it gets a support staff….

but more content and stuff to mess with yay

( is it that hard to give us a medium armor rifle class? no….engineer doesn’t count. thats a SHOTGUN. not a rifle. )

GW1 spoiled me, this game has been a huge disappointment.

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

Seeing the little progress made from first closed beta to this beta is very bad. It just seems nothing is done and things that got finished worked several times, with developers needed at other places.

What I see and played didn’t changed anything inside my mind to still say it’s still not worth money at all and things people wanted to come back still ignored. Sure BETA development, but the core game shouldn’t be dead by this years they take.

Compare with a car factory. Developing a new models of cars, all production of old cars is stopped because we need all for the new. Selling none of the old as long as the new ready will force the factory to close. Because people want to buy even if older instead of waiting for a ghost inside a long dark future, nobody knows if it ever happens.

People really need to read this and think hard about this. They’ve had nearly THREE YEARS and the beta seems anemic and rushed! They can keep the paltry extra character slot, the only way I’ll even consider HoT is at a severe discount.

Posted by: WSG Delen.9203

WSG Delen.9203

People really need to read this and think hard about this. They’ve had nearly THREE YEARS and the beta seems anemic and rushed! They can keep the paltry extra character slot, the only way I’ll even consider HoT is at a severe discount.

Without knowing the details of manpower and the code the amount of time a developer spends developing something is irrelevant. There are no hard rules over how long software takes to develop.

Oldirtbeard.9834

Without knowing the details of manpower and the code the amount of time a developer spends developing something is irrelevant. There are no hard rules over how long software takes to develop.

Well what I can see is a laundry list of features, one PVE map, one WVW map, one PVP map, a class that’s been a work in progress since it’s announcement (they never even got around to making the under water skills that should tell you something); that tells me that they are coding this as they go along and they’re using the pre order money to spear head the development of the expansion which is no where near finished (if it were we would have seen a region map by now with every zone in a rough form at least , and the Rev would have been complete for Beta with only the need of fine tuning, please refer back to my previous statement regarding the underwater skills).

WSG Delen.9203

Well what I can see is a laundry list of features…

That is all any of us can see, too often on Internet forums I have seen arguments about rate of progress and how it should be faster by people that are notionally outside of the black-box that is the development process for the product in question.

Without knowing the details of the underlying software architecture or code (and the manpower involved), it could take anywhere from a few minutes to weeks/months to add a single skill for all we know.

Where Beta’s are concerned, we only see what they want to (or feel are ready to) expose to us and not necessarily all of what is being or has been developed.

We have only had one PUBLIC Beta Weekend event to date AFAIK, progress can only really be legitimately be measured/assessed from this point onwards and without a formal release date we have no idea about the LOE remaining. I would personally expect a formal release date to be announced by A-Net 3-6 months before the actual release date though (perhaps sooner depending on the level and trust in schedule planning and the tactical business choices A-Net/NC Soft are making).

I should add that this is speculation based on my own knowledge and experience of the software industry in general and I am not affiliated with nor have any insider knowledge of A-Net nor NC Soft.

(edited by WSG Delen.9203)

Oldirtbeard.9834

You see my point though right, I mean this prepurchase is just a money grab, they have nothing concrete to really offer for the price to instill confidence they have anything remotely finished; this is basically like a Kick Starter campaign with a bad outline and no stretch goals for funding.

WSG Delen.9203

You see my point though right, I mean this prepurchase is just a money grab, they have nothing concrete to really offer for the price to instill confidence they have anything remotely finished; this is basically like a Kick Starter campaign with a bad outline and no stretch goals for funding.

It is little different from any other pre-order I have ever come across though most of the time there is at least a provisional release date. The pre-order of HoT is more akin to Steam Early Access than Kick Starter.

I think Kick Starter projects have warped at least some people’s sense of reality. Kick Starter is a pure cash grab with no solid guarantees of getting anything at the end of it really. Then there is also the sense of over-entitlement which at least some Kick Starter investors develop if the product being invested in is released but that is not really a topic for this forum.

Pre-order of stuff (be it games, books, or anything else) is just a means for fans to show their (perhaps blind) commitment to buy the product when it is released. If an individual has any doubts over the value of the included content they do not have to pre-order it (or even buy it when it is released). I pre-ordered GW2 and after some hesitation I also pre-ordered HoT.

Pre-order is and always has been at least a bit of a gamble, and where HoT is concerned there are some solid indicators about what to expect of the delivered product but there are also lots of questions. If you don’t trust that what they are going to deliver is worth what they are asking you to pay then you do not have to pre-order it. The current level of information we have about HoT seems little different from the pre-order level of information there was about GW2 at the time.

Where existing long term (and non-direct sale) account holders are concerned, there is no time limit on the free (pre-order only?) character slot AFAIK so there is no hurry on that score.

(edited by WSG Delen.9203)

arenta.2953

your loss.
i’m looking forward to HoT
and when it comes out. i’ll sit there as my Reaper laughing on top of the highest part of lions arch at all those with a similar mindset to you.

and my Reaper is an asura. so it will be cute >=D

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Elite specializations, revenant and continuation of the story was enough for me to prepurchase.

Iason Evan.3806

Well at least they answered my legendary question. Only 3 new legendaries at launch and two of them are backpieces. Ine youg et in PvP and the other is Fractal based. That would lead me to believe the other is a backpiece as well earned by the new challenging group content or WvW maybe.

Terrible.

MiniEquine.6014

Well at least they answered my legendary question. Only 3 new legendaries at launch and two of them are backpieces. Ine youg et in PvP and the other is Fractal based. That would lead me to believe the other is a backpiece as well earned by the new challenging group content or WvW maybe.

Terrible.

Don’t forget too though, they will be adding pre-cursor crafting for all existing Legendaries as well (with the same restrictions as the new ones).

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Sigh here we go again.

1. Don’t preorder if you don’t want to.

2. If you play gw2 and enjoy it your going to buy it.

3. Before gw2 came out they didn’t go over every single event and map, they won’t do that for expansion either.

4. They aren’t trying to get YOU to preorder. They are targeting a base majority of the players. I preordered happily because $50 isn’t much and I’ll play it.

These threads need to stop.

Iason Evan.3806

Sigh here we go again.

3. Before gw2 came out they didn’t go over every single event and map, they won’t do that for expansion either.

4. They aren’t trying to get YOU to preorder. They are targeting a base majority of the players. I preordered happily because $50 isn’t much and I’ll play it.

Did you even look at my original post? I asked them how many new legendaries we were getting. I feel that is a reasonable thing to ask before i slap money down. These threads don’t need to stop. What needs to happen is ArenaNet being more transparent with what we are spending our money on. I’m not asking for story beats or spoilers. I am asking what the breadth of the content of this x-pac is to determine if it’s worth my money.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you wait until release, or after release, you will surely be able to obtain all relevant information about the expansion’s worth.

Good luck.

Iason Evan.3806

If you wait until release, or after release, you will surely be able to obtain all relevant information about the expansion’s worth.

Good luck.

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

arenta.2953

Sigh here we go again.

Did you even look at my original post? I asked them how many new legendaries we were getting. I feel that is a reasonable thing to ask before i slap money down. These threads don’t need to stop. What needs to happen is ArenaNet being more transparent with what we are spending our money on. I’m not asking for story beats or spoilers. I am asking what the breadth of the content of this x-pac is to determine if it’s worth my money.

you’ll get plenty of content.
with an undetermined number of legendaries 3 confirmed at launch, with 3 more planned later, and more likely to show up after that)

thing you need to realize is that this expansion is basically a season pass to all new content coming out.

if you don’t buy it, you’ll be limited to holiday content for new content.

you wont get the new living world, or any of the new events in these new parts of the world.

before you complain
look at WoW
look at GW1
look at DDO
look at basically any game with expansions

GW2 gave more content for its vanilla game than other games give with 3 or MORE expansions.
and it doesn’t charge monthly

plus its given alot of new content like livign world season 1 and 2, karka event, and more! which any other game would have charged you for.

all of this…for the price of GW2… its hard to believe the ammount of content

and now a pay for expansion comes. if you aren’t a greedy kitten, you’ll buy the expansion for no other reason than Anet has given you so much content for the vanilla game.
even if you don’t play it, you should buy it cause look how much free bonus content the devs have given you since you bought the vanilla game.

the expansion will be plenty large, and we can expect more content following it, which will be largely limited to people who bought the expansion.

in total, the ammount of content you’ve been given in this game thus far is equal to 5-6 expansions in other games..
you’ve paid for 1 game

and now an expansion is coming, which will contain content for 1 expansion + an unknown number of additional expansions.

so stop being a greedy kitten . you should be thankful Anet has been so generous as to not charge you $300 for vanilla game, and $30-60 each for all the new content since

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

They have, for the most part, given you the breadth of the content this xpac will include. The primary features are – the mastery system, the first elite specs, the heart of maguuma region (and it’s associated storyline), the new class, and guild halls. Additionally we know precursor ‘crafting’ is also coming. We know that wvw will be getting the new borderlands. Pvp will be getting stonghold, leagues, and not 1 but 2 unique back items (1 of which is a legendary). Fractals is getting an overhaul and a second set of fractal only weapons. And more that I’m sure that I’m forgetting.

However, all you care about it how many legendaries will come with HoT (which is extremely shallow imo). Anet has told us that a new set will be available; however, not all at launch. Which is fine. If they add them in a few at a time, the people that rush through their acquisition have a bit more longevity to their game play, rather than just hoovering everything they can in the first few days, and then relapsing to the “I have nothing to do” state. At this point I believe we have heard that three legendary weapons and two legendary backpacks will be available for locusts on launch day. Someone feel free to correct my numbers if I have the count wrong.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Jimson.5168

Jimson.5168

I keep reading these threads and trying to fathom why people keep threatening to hold their breath until their face turns blue to make Anet give them an ice cream cone.

I guess I should make a similar demand… something like… “Give me source code to the game and server side software or I won’t preorder HoT.” Oh, wait! I already pre-ordered. Darn it! I guess I’m just out of luck. Time to take a breath again.

Since I pay more in internet access fees every month than I’ve ever spent in buying and playing this game, the price of HoT is trivial IMO. I do not understand the OP’s demand to know everything up front. That’s like asking for the last chapter in a who-done-it novel before the book is released.

(edited by Jimson.5168)

Iason Evan.3806

I keep reading these threads and trying to fathom why people keep threatening to hold their breath until their face turns blue to make Anet give them an ice cream cone.

I guess I should make a similar demand… something like… “Give me source code to the game and server side software or I won’t preorder HoT.” Oh, wait! I already pre-ordered. Darn it! I guess I’m just out of luck. Time to take a breath again.

Since I pay more in internet access fees every month than I’ve ever spent in buying and playing this game, the price of HoT is trivial IMO. I do not understand the OP’s demand to know everything up front. That’s like asking for the last chapter in a who-done-it novel before the book is released.

It’s that their information has been misleading Jimson. Colin and Mike announced new legendaries in January. Were you thinking that meant backpieces? No one was but that is what we are getting. They announced multilevel maps. Now they are backtracking and saying that not every map is multi-level. I’d agree with your food analogy, but I am asking for basic info. How many maps? I’m not asking for story beats and scripts for how the Mordremoth fight goes down.

Because the final fight is happening at the end of this x-pac, right? Or nah?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’d pre if they where offering something more than a title. But the core game tought me that of I wait after launch, they’ll add more items for the same price. That’s what they did to everyone who got the core game before launch. I got the digital deluxe edition on pre, and what I got was the pre order ring, mini Rytlock, banker golem, and the two books. If I had waited till after launch I would have got all that, and a set of armor skins xp boosters and the mithral bag. For the same price. So yes, I am going to get HoT, but I’m not going to get mugged again.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Jimson.5168

Sorry. I don’t care one twit about titles, shinies, minipets, and other swag. I don’t care about the Revenent or new skills and traits. I just want somewhere to play that I haven’t been to before. That’s all HoT means to me… someplace new to explore! Please Anet, take my money and give me something I haven’t already tramped through dozens of times.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’d pre if they where offering something more than a title. But the core game tought me that of I wait after launch, they’ll add more items for the same price. That’s what they did to everyone who got the core game before launch. I got the digital deluxe edition on pre, and what I got was the pre order ring, mini Rytlock, banker golem, and the two books. If I had waited till after launch I would have got all that, and a set of armor skins xp boosters and the mithral bag. For the same price. So yes, I am going to get HoT, but I’m not going to get mugged again.

The bonus items for the Deluxe Edition changed at the 1st anniversary. The ring was not included in the anniversary/Heroic edition, as it was a pre-purchase bonus. You may have a long wait.

The three Legendary weapons released at launch, will be Legendary weapons. Nowhere have they said the backpacks are part of that initial 3 Legendaries referred to in the Blog or interview.

Ayrilana.1396

It’s that their information has been misleading Jimson. Colin and Mike announced new legendaries in January. Were you thinking that meant backpieces? No one was but that is what we are getting. They announced multilevel maps. Now they are backtracking and saying that not every map is multi-level. I’d agree with your food analogy, but I am asking for basic info. How many maps? I’m not asking for story beats and scripts for how the Mordremoth fight goes down.

It hasn’t been misleading. Did they say all maps would be multi-level? Did they say all new legendary weapons would be available? They were/are not backtracking. It’s people reading too far into what they’re saying, making speculation or assumptions, and then treating it as fact only to be disappointed later on when they are wrong.

Posted by: DevilLordLaser.8619

DevilLordLaser.8619

Lord these threads bother the bejeebus out of me.

“How many maps are we getting?! NO PREORDER FOR YOU UNTIL I KNOW!”

You’re buying access to the Maguuma Jungle. ‘The Maguuma Jungle’ is a region of the world, similar to Ascalon, Kryta, Orr, what-have-you. How many maps/much space is available for those regions? Extrapolate, go from there. If you don’t want to do that, and you absolutely have to have the developers lay out for you in stone-carved ten-foot letters how many maps there’ll be, what square footage they cover, what their layout will be, and so on…well, you’re not going to get that, because it’s completely unreasonable and it also destroys the enjoyment of players who’d like to experience those things for themselves, cold.

“What sort of gear are we going to get in the expansion? Armors, legendaries, weapons, skins?! NO PREORDER FOR YOU UNTIL I KNOW!”

You’ll get jungle-themed stuff. The Frog People and the Newsaat are both listed as Mastery-locked exclusive vendors – I’m pretty sure some of the exclusive stuff they sell will be skins. There will be drops with new skins from the new tribes. It’ll happen. if you need a gallery of all skins available in Heart of Thorns, complete with drop tables, preview codes, and conjecture on how well any given skin will do in the Trading Post…well, you’re not going to get that.

I could go on and on, but realistically the point’s there to be made. You’re not going to know every single least little tiny exacting detail of what the expansion will bring before it hits. If that bothers you? Don’t preorder it. Wait. Let the people who did preorder it play it first, figure all that stuff out for you, and tell you, then decide if you want to play it or not.

Trying to get ArenaNet to give you complete and total in-depth spoilers on each and every last little thing in Heart of Thorns, from the story to the loot to the level layouts, is not only incredibly unrealistic, but also blatantly unfair to people who would prefer to play the game to see that stuff, instead of having a dev walk through it for them on Points of Interest.

Jimson.5168

A bit long DLL, but definitely better than what I really think about this whole thread which would probably get me permabanned from the forum if I spelled it out here for all to see.

Posted by: amplitudelol.1409

amplitudelol.1409

Sigh here we go again.

you’ll get plenty of content.
with an undetermined number of legendaries 3 confirmed at launch, with 3 more planned later, and more likely to show up after that)

thing you need to realize is that this expansion is basically a season pass to all new content coming out.

if you don’t buy it, you’ll be limited to holiday content for new content.

you wont get the new living world, or any of the new events in these new parts of the world.

before you complain
look at WoW
look at GW1
look at DDO
look at basically any game with expansions

GW2 gave more content for its vanilla game than other games give with 3 or MORE expansions.
and it doesn’t charge monthly

plus its given alot of new content like livign world season 1 and 2, karka event, and more! which any other game would have charged you for.

all of this…for the price of GW2… its hard to believe the ammount of content

and now a pay for expansion comes. if you aren’t a greedy kitten, you’ll buy the expansion for no other reason than Anet has given you so much content for the vanilla game.
even if you don’t play it, you should buy it cause look how much free bonus content the devs have given you since you bought the vanilla game.

the expansion will be plenty large, and we can expect more content following it, which will be largely limited to people who bought the expansion.

in total, the ammount of content you’ve been given in this game thus far is equal to 5-6 expansions in other games..
you’ve paid for 1 game

and now an expansion is coming, which will contain content for 1 expansion + an unknown number of additional expansions.

so stop being a greedy kitten . you should be thankful Anet has been so generous as to not charge you $300 for vanilla game, and $30-60 each for all the new content since

About the vanilla content after launch. Yeah, thats not going to happen after HoT release again. They told in one of the interviews it wasnt going well. Thats why they needed to conform somewhat to other mmo-s (making expansion). You probably wont get any major update before the second expansion, they admitted the living story wasnt a good way. It would be nice to know what exactly this expansion features. Zones, new specs, big pve challenge stuff, improvements to story mode and such. The info is coming. Painfully slowly. I think there is just no way HoT is going to be released this year. They hide too much of the content – because a lot of it might only be just plans at the moment im afraid. Or they just dont know how to generate hype.

Iason Evan.3806

It hasn’t been misleading. Did they say all maps would be multi-level? Did they say all new legendary weapons would be available? They were/are not backtracking. It’s people reading too far into what they’re saying, making speculation or assumptions, and then treating it as fact only to be disappointed later on when they are wrong.

I disagree. It is misleading. There aren’t any legendary backpieces in the game. So in January when they announced there would be new legendaries, exactly zero people were thinking they would be backpieces. Heck, if you want to get technical, they did say a few years ago that legendary trinkets were coming. How’s that coming along?

So it is misleading because when they announced it the flipping corner of the internet that die-hard GW2 fans like myself reside in all did a collective backflip and dragon emote at the same time because we thought we were finally getting new legendary weapons after years of waiting.