Ascended Jewelry crafting please

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Can we get some kind of ETA on this? All the new stats are gated hard through Magnetite Shards. Takes 12.5 weeks of raids to get a set. The droprate at this point is beyond abysmal compared to everything else for any kind of trinkets as I’ve yet to even get one.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

ANet have said that LS3 will make it easier to get other trinkets with the new stats.

That said, I fully +1 the suggestion to have r500 Jeweler sooner rather than later.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Let’s look at some things first.

1. First, look at other ascended gear. What kind of costs do you see in materials and money there?

2. Translate that to the Jeweler system. Instead of silk and leather, now you need gemstones, most of which are already inflated in value thanks to amalgamated gemstones. Also consider that you’ll probably have to incorporate AGs into your creations.

3. Compare the costs in step 2 to prices on the items you can already buy from the Laurel vendor, or get for free from fractals.

4. Who’d ever make even one ascended trinket?

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

If there were stats I could get crafting them that I couldn’t get from the laurel vendor….

…then me.

~EW

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

raises hand

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

If they made ascended accessory crafting available, what makes you think that they wouldn’t gate recipes behind the same things that currently gate certain stat combinations?

EphemeralWallaby.7643

If they made ascended accessory crafting available, what makes you think that they wouldn’t gate recipes behind the same things that currently gate certain stat combinations?

Who suggested they wouldn’t?

~EW

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

If there were stats I could get crafting them that I couldn’t get from the laurel vendor….

…then me.

~EW

To add on to the issue he’s bringing up, I think it’s more that the current ascended trinkets are either extremely difficult to get (4-stat combos) or are extremely easy to get (everything else). Every piece of ascended jewelry besides some specific stat combinations is already available for a cheap price. Even the accessories and amulet that cost laurels+ectos+badges are extremely cheap compared to what they would be from ascended jewelry crafting due to the price of amalgamated gemstones. Sure people would craft the otherwise unobtainable combinations, but 90% of the items would rarely if ever be crafted. So it wouldn’t really make sense unless there was a complete overhaul to the ascended jewelry system, likely including a severe reduction in fotm ascended jewelry drops so that crafting base game stat combos is actually relevant.

So why make a whole ascended jewelry system just for the HoT (and a couple other) stat combos? Is there something wrong with just adding them to LW achievements? For a lot of players that would be more accessible than making them cost 50g+ apiece anyway.

I’m not saying there should never be level 500 jeweler, but with the current system it wouldn’t really make sense, and ending the current system would likely be extremely unpopular.

EphemeralWallaby.7643

…then me.

~EW

To add on to the issue he’s bringing up, I think it’s more that the current ascended trinkets are either extremely difficult to get (4-stat combos) or are extremely easy to get (everything else). Every piece of ascended jewelry besides some specific stat combinations is already available for a cheap price. Even the accessories and amulet that cost laurels+ectos+badges are extremely cheap compared to what they would be from ascended jewelry crafting due to the price of amalgamated gemstones. Sure people would craft the otherwise unobtainable combinations, but 90% of the items would rarely if ever be crafted. So it wouldn’t really make sense unless there was a complete overhaul to the ascended jewelry system, likely including a severe reduction in fotm ascended jewelry drops so that crafting base game stat combos is actually relevant.

So why make a whole ascended jewelry system just for the HoT (and a couple other) stat combos? Is there something wrong with just adding them to LW achievements? For a lot of players that would be more accessible than making them cost 50g+ apiece anyway.

I’m not saying there should never be level 500 jeweler, but with the current system it wouldn’t really make sense, and ending the current system would likely be extremely unpopular.

I never made any claims to the feasibility of implementation, popularity of it, or the affect of it on the economy as a whole. I just answered his question: That I’d make at least one.

~EW

Posted by: Saudi.5320

Saudi.5320

it should be deldrimor instead whatever metal. 5 deldrimor filligrees or whatever.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

It is my hope that ANet will not spend more resources on iterating/adding to features (like crafting) until after they have established and proven the ability to sustain more frequent releases of playable content and more frequent changes/additions to WvW. If the six people from the L. Weapons team are needed to make content, then taking however many would be required to produce what’s needed to bring jeweler to 500 could negatively impact the game’s ability to provide things to do. Let’s not forget that there are also people who would want cooking to go to 500 if jeweler did, so still more resources.

There are players who despise crafting (I don’t know anyone who actually likes it). There are players who don’t care about crafting. I have a hard time believing that there are players who don’t care about content, WvW improvements or both(outside of PvP-only players, who would have no reason to care about crafting, either.

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

it should be deldrimor instead whatever metal. 5 deldrimor filligrees or whatever.

If we ever get the ability to craft ascended jewelry, it will almost certainly require the Xunlai electrum ingot, as gold and silver are basically worthless right now. I’m surprised they don’t feature more prominently in scribing, to be honest.

(edited by Jahroots.6791)