Ascended vs Exotic, new stat distribution?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

As the title says, does this also mean that the stat difference between exotic and ascended becomes bigger since they overhaul a big part to gear?

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

good questions, I second this

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I doubt it. You have to make up about 700 stat points total, this can be divided over the equipment easily enough well still leaving the currant difference between the sets the same.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Posted by: SEEEZZRR.7802

SEEEZZRR.7802

The gap between ascended an exotic should still be 5% after the change, both numbers will just be bigger.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

The gap between ascended an exotic should still be 5% after the change, both numbers will just be bigger.

Yes percentage-wise it will be probably the same but value-wise it will have a larger gap.
Example:
100 to 105 have 5% difference and 5 points difference
200 to 210 have 5% difference and 10 points difference

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

What Belzebu pointed is what i mean indeed, this would make Ascended gear for let’s say armor have a bigger impact then it has now and i’m not sure wether that is a good idea or not ^^

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Include the base stats in the calculation, too – both current and proposed.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

It depend on how Anet do it. We get 1400 pts right now with max trait. 296 of those pts will now be from base stats, which mean about 1104 pts will come from gear.

Will they add those 1104 pts directly to exotic and ascended gear. Or will they add them to ascended and then use pro rata for every gear under ascended.

The first option is the best by far. That way someone with full exotic won’t lose pts. He will get pretty much all the points he add from trait into basic stats and his full exotics. This way in absolute Ascended will still give the same amount of additional pts vs exotics.

But with the second option, ascended will stay as strong, while exotic will get nerf and it’s the best way to kitten some people off and QQ even more on the forums.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

But with the second option, ascended will stay as strong, while exotic will get nerf and it’s the best way to kitten some people off and QQ even more on the forums.

It’s also the best solution to make ascended statboost be worth anything in the first place. Currently, working hard to get ascended gear is one of the most unsatisfying, most unrewarding experiences in this game.

The 5% boost tries to appeal to both types of players: it’s not too high so the anti-vertical-progression crowd doesn’t gets too mad, but it exists so that vertical progression crowd has something to work for. However, it ends up appealing to neither of them. Its very existence is already annoying to the first group of players, and the boost is too low for the second group of players.

I’d rather want them to make the gap bigger, even if not by much. Say, up to 10%. Still tame, still kind of unsatisfying, but at least it’s noticeable enough.

Thaddeus.4891

It’s also the best solution to make ascended statboost be worth anything in the first place. Currently, working hard to get ascended gear is one of the most unsatisfying, most unrewarding experiences in this game.

The 5% boost tries to appeal to both types of players: it’s not too high so the anti-vertical-progression crowd doesn’t gets too mad, but it exists so that vertical progression crowd has something to work for. However, it ends up appealing to neither of them. Its very existence is already annoying to the first group of players, and the boost is too low for the second group of players.

I’d rather want them to make the gap bigger, even if not by much. Say, up to 10%. Still tame, still kind of unsatisfying, but at least it’s noticeable enough.

Personally I don’t care about that aspect. I crafted 4 ascended armor knowing that it was only a small increase in stats. Ascended gear was a mistake from the beginning anyway, it limit build diversity. Ascended is not really friendly for using different build or rune or alts.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Personally I don’t care about that aspect. I crafted 4 ascended armor knowing that it was only a small increase in stats. Ascended gear was a mistake from the beginning anyway, it limit build diversity. Ascended is not really friendly for using different build or rune or alts.

I agree that ascended gear was poorly implemented. However, it is in the game, nothing can change that now, so I’d personally enjoy it more if it was slightly more effective.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Yes percentage-wise it will be probably the same but value-wise it will have a larger gap.
Example:
100 to 105 have 5% difference and 5 points difference
200 to 210 have 5% difference and 10 points difference

The percentage argument was never really a good one due to the math involved.

I suspect the gap will be wider because it’s always been a thorn in their side. The thing about Ascended however is that they should have admitted that it was never really just for fractals as it was advertised originally.

I think they should remove stats from gear entirely personally like one of their original plans.

And while I know they are trying to improve rewards for completing maps I’d like to know if those rewards will help Ascended acquisition.

But your question deserves a Dev response OP absolutely!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Thaddeus.4891

I agree that ascended gear was poorly implemented. However, it is in the game, nothing can change that now, so I’d personally enjoy it more if it was slightly more effective.

I don’t really care either way. Like I said I have 4 ascended armor, I either play with an ascended armor or in sPvP so it doesn’t affect me. But a LOT LOT LOT more ppl would be kitten by it compare to the number of people that have the same opinion as you. Or at least the number of people that would be kitten by it are a LOT LOT LOT more vocal.

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

The main selling points of ascended gear are the skins/prestige and the switch to account bound.

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

I suspect they will apply the same boost to both exotic and ascended, leading to no meaningful change in effectiveness beyond what already exists

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I very much doubt they want to make ascended gear more effective since then a lot of players would feel like they HAD to have it. They’ve always seemed to want to keep exotic as the top gear anyone really needs.