At what time on Oct. 23 will HoT launch?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: MatHack.4316

MatHack.4316

Like most of the fans of the game I would love to play HoT from launch. Being a working person I would have to spend some vacation days to be free of work when HoT will launch. And I will gladly spend those, if it means having more time to play at the launch of the expansion. I also have a deadline for giving notification when I want to use my vacation days.
However my vacation days are limited and I wouldn’t wanna spend some and then be disappointed because the expansion isn’t live yet. As an EU-player it would make a huge difference if the game launches at (for example) 8am EST (UTC -7), this is practically the end of my working day.

I sorta expected the launch time to be announced when you showed the launch trailer, so my question is: At what time on Oct. 23 will HoT launch?

Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by MatHack.4316)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t have a direct answer, but just be aware that sometimes launches don’t run smoothly or occur on time. And sometimes the servers open earlier than they say they will (which is what happened for the Guild Wars 2 launch).

I remember getting into the servers a couple of hours before the official headstart launch time.

Posted by: Syntharia.8067

Syntharia.8067

Also keep in mind that there might be heavy laggs/dcs during first few hours/day. So it might be wiser to wait a bit instead of rushing in ASAP.

For Ponei!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Also keep in mind that there might be heavy laggs/dcs during first few hours/day. So it might be wiser to wait a bit instead of rushing in ASAP.

This is part of the fun of being there on day one to me. Knowing that I’m there from the very beginning and so we get to see all the weird bugs. There were some fun ones in Guild Wars 2 at launch. lol

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

At least it’s a friday so there’s the weekend straight after (unless you also work all weekend).

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

6:66 am

You heard it here first folks.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Anet do not give times for patches. Even if that changes for the release I doubt they will announce anything beyond a day or 2 before.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

6:66 am

You heard it here first folks.

I see what you did there, with Halloween event on same day.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Wambo.4701

Wambo.4701

Hey everyone,
just had quick question about what specific time will HoT come out? The reason I’m asking is if should I take the day off or not. We know the date of the release is October 23, but does anyone know the time est. I realize getting an exact time is difficult as hot fixes are common after huge patches but I don’t want a situation like the april feature pack where it comes out like 8pm est when it was supposed to come out 8 hours prior.

Hide On Brush – Engineer | Megaal – Ranger | Wambatore – Guardian
Tarnished Coast, Team Wambo[TW], YT: https://www.youtube.com/user/Wambatore
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. Thats why its called the present.

Posted by: sercommander.6817

sercommander.6817

I would reccomend you NOT to take a day of on 23 or following days because most likely there will be a lot of lags, crashes, bugs, server queues – twice the chance since they start Halloween the same day. And GW2 does not feed you or pay your bills – cherish your work

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Don’t bother. All mmo expansions make game unplayable for a day or so. You will not miss anything other than bugs and crashes.

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

Honestly, ANet never gives a specific time for patches/updates because, often times, they are working on them up until the last minute.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I would reccomend you NOT to take a day of on 23 or following days because most likely there will be a lot of lags, crashes, bugs, server queues – twice the chance since they start Halloween the same day. And GW2 does not feed you or pay your bills – cherish your work

A lot of people get paid holidays. I do.

Just saying.

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

My bet is 10/22/15 @ 11:59 pm

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Honestly, ANet never gives a specific time for patches/updates because, often times, they are working on them up until the last minute.

I thought it was said to be live at 12pm pacific.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

If you are determined to take a day off, take the following Monday (10/26) off, not patch day. That way you are not disappointed that part of your day might have been spent just waiting.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I think itll go smooth, itll be like any other living story releases. What could go more wrong though is some bugs in the new zones due to little testing

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Playing on release day is like watching a train wreck. It’s tragic, but there’s nothing you can do about, so you watch anyway.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

ANet never gives a set time for the launch of anything, in case there are any last minute issues. It will launch sometime in the 24 hour period on the 23rd. Keep in mind, it will be pacific time.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]