[Audio] New Log-In Music is Awesome!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Hi,

I’ve logged on this morning with my morning coffee, and the music is playing is different to the regular music. I think it’s awesome and I hope we get to keep it. No doubt it’s Heart of Thorns music due to the Revenant Beta Weekend, but I’d love for us to keep it before then!

My hat’s off to the composer.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I agree, it was really nice to hear something different and so good to boot. I sat on the log in screen for a while just so i could listen to it.

Posted by: Sithis.3564

Sithis.3564

It’s cool, but..

When I was making my new Engineer today I started hearing strange noises, almost like on a construction site. The music has ingame sounds in it.

Fix pls

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

It’s cool, but..

When I was making my new Engineer today I started hearing strange noises, almost like on a construction site. The music has ingame sounds in it.

Fix pls

Those background noises have always been there for Engineer! You hear a different themed background for each profession (Chaos fields & Portal Entre noises for Mesmer for example) – Perhaps you’ve got your environment noise up louder than you usually have?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Sithis.3564

Sithis.3564

Hmmm very likely! Thanks for the info. I had to switch those sound sliders because I was having trouble hearing anything in the cutscenes.

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Yeah if you make a ranger, you’ll hear animals in the background, it’s a pretty neat feature that i picked up on not too long ago, so I’m not sure if it’s been there since release and I’ve just never noticed it or not.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Posted by: DevilLordLaser.8619

DevilLordLaser.8619

Has indeed been there since release. Some classes, such as necromancer, it’s really noticeable on.

Also yes – I actually have the log-in screen music playing in the background now. I love special events like this with altered music – I must have listened to the Dragon Bash log-in music for hours. So incredibly disappoint it never came back…

Posted by: Kaari.1735

Kaari.1735

I also stayed on the login screen for quite a while. Love the new song. Hopefully it is permanent but if not, maybe it will be the new login theme when HoT is released

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Loving the music here as well. I have to keep my sound low because I’m in my mom’s house for a bit, so I’m looking forward to hearing it at home in a few weeks. Assuming of course that it’s not just for the beta.

Posted by: Kossage.9072

Kossage.9072

I’m glad to see that Maclaine Diemer’s tunes from Heart of Thorns have been placed in the login screen for this event. We don’t yet know the official names for the tracks; so far fans have been calling them with the placeholder names Heart of Thorns Theme and Ambience of Maguuma. The latter track (which follows the more bombastic HoT theme) does contain some ambience, mainly bird noises, to give it a jungle feel. I look forward to hearing the final, orchestral version as right now this “Ambience” track is still the same sampled version we initially heard during the expansion reveal in PAX South and does stand out after hearing the fully orchestral HoT theme.

What I like about the HoT theme is how it works like an overture, introducing not only the actual new main theme of the expansion in a very heroic fashion but also hinting at a few other motifs and even referencing the main GW2 theme. It would’ve been great if we also heard snippets of leitmotifs for Mordremoth (its most recognizable form so far has been the “Shadow of the Dragon” track) and the Nightmare Court (heard in the eponymous “Nightmare Court” track) in this track as those two will certainly play a role in the overarching narrative of the expansion, but I’m sure we’ll encounter them later in the musical narrative.

Also, any composer who likes Yoko Kanno’s works (e.g. Vision of Escaflowne) and references the musical mannerisms of great composers like Miklós Rózsa, John Williams and Jerry Goldsmith and James Horner like Diemer has done is cool in my books.

(edited by Kossage.9072)