Auric Bassin and LFG

Auric Bassin and LFG

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

Hey guys!

Just a question, how does the LFG works for that meta event ?

I’m basically a pvp player that enjoy PVE. Yesterday I tried to get into the Auric basin event using the LFG and it was a mess.

There was the usual “taxi” squad that were full. But there was also some were the squad was divided in several sub squad in different maps. That resulted in travelling in random maps that were no full enough for the event. I also got a squad that decided to completely change map on a whim…

I know there is actually a thing called multi loot squads but those are advertised as such and the map I joined were not theses.

So how should I use the LFG effectively?

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Auric Bassin and LFG

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Show up to a map ~10-15 minutes before the meta.

Auric Bassin and LFG

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

When you join a normal single map squad to do something you may join the wrong map and have to right click on someones name to join them in their map.

This is the same only there are many squads on many maps.
When you join, right click on someone to join let’s say Squad 2.
Now move your icon down to Squad 2.
You should see squad 1 – bunch of white icons
Your Squad – all green players
squad 3 – bunch of white icons
etc

If squad 2 or map 2 sucks for any reason OR if it’s totally awesome and wins whatever it’s doing and you have no further use for it and want to be in squad 3s map, right click on someone in squad 3 and if everyone is playing by the same rules you will end up in map 3. Move your icon to squad 3.

There is often a rule about moving to a lobby (squad 1) when you’re done with your map before moving to a new map. Some people enforce it, some people don’t even have a lobby. So figure it out as you go along but please make sure you are in the squad that goes with that map. The clue will be if your squad is all green icons, you’re in that map with them.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Auric Bassin and LFG

Posted by: That ol noob.7083

That ol noob.7083

General, OP was not talking about a multimap squad. The squad they joined was not listed as multimap.

Want a guild in which you actually have a vote?
Contact me and see if you are eligible for Council of Dusk [Dusk]

Auric Bassin and LFG

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

When you join a normal single map squad to do something you may join the wrong map and have to right click on someones name to join them in their map.

etc

If squad 2 or map 2 sucks for any reason OR if it’s totally awesome and wins whatever it’s doing and you have no further use for it and want to be in squad 3s map, right click on someone in squad 3 and if everyone is playing by the same rules you will end up in map 3. Move your icon to squad 3.

There is often a rule about moving to a lobby (squad 1) when you’re done with your map before moving to a new map. Some people enforce it, some people don’t even have a lobby. So figure it out as you go along but please make sure you are in the squad that goes with that map. The clue will be if your squad is all green icons, you’re in that map with them.

Ok so if I understand what you are telling me, people are basically using a squad the same way as a team speak server with multiples rooms, one subsquad for a different instance of the map. Am I right ?

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Auric Bassin and LFG

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Ok so if I understand what you are telling me, people are basically using a squad the same way as a team speak server with multiples rooms, one subsquad for a different instance of the map. Am I right ?

Yes.

Here’s a link to a post I made describing the squad and multi-map process as I learned and understood it:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Auric-Basin-Loot-Exploit-merged/page/5#post6215210

I hope that helps,

~EW

Auric Bassin and LFG

Posted by: That ol noob.7083

That ol noob.7083

etc

This is the way a multiloot / multimap squad works. If this is what you saw, some people probably just made the squad into an ad-hoc multimap. Usually the squads advertised as multimap are stricter about the rules than the ones not advertised as MultiMap. (p.s: Most strict squads are strict out of kindness, not cruelty. people get mad if they taxi to somewhere they weren’t intending to taxi to.)

Want a guild in which you actually have a vote?
Contact me and see if you are eligible for Council of Dusk [Dusk]