Auric Lodestone collection item not dropping?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Aerin Dark Water.6283

Aerin Dark Water.6283

So I’v been mining the AB map for ages now and I have the mastery for the chance to gather a Auric Lodestone from any mining node in AB…. but I have yet to get one. I understand it’s random, but after the 3rd time of mining the entire map I thought I would have it be now. It’s my last collection item I need for the glorious back piece. T.T

Did anyone else have troubles getting this item to drop from a node? Any pointers? I looked briefly in the forum but couldn’t find anything on this.

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

From what I’ve read about these RNG drops it’s can take some many hours before they get it. Just keep going is all I can say. I haven’t done it myself, but I did read others having a similar experience. It’s how RNG can work for and against you.

Posted by: Neurion.4086

Neurion.4086

It took me a while to get it, too. I kept changing maps till I successfully mined it from a mithril node next to Northwatch Waypoint.

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

I’m in the same boat as the OP. Glad to know that you can get the lodestone from Mithril. Back to the mines!

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

I… got every single Auric mining drop the first time I mined a node in AB after having gotten the Mastery. I had sort of expected that, at least for the specialization collection, you would have to use a character of the right profession, but no, 9 drops for that plus the luminate one.

Of course, it was an ori node.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I think the OP is talking about a different thing, a one-shot for one collection. I also got all the elite weapon collection mining drops at once and when I said that in another thread on this subject I had it pointed out they were talking about a different drop. It could be that because you hadn’t yet gotten the mastery when you opened the luminate collection that it got added to your loot, or you just had good RNG, but many going for luminate already got all the elites.

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

I got my auric lodestone! It came from a random orichalcum node.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I… got every single Auric mining drop the first time I mined a node in AB after having gotten the Mastery. I had sort of expected that, at least for the specialization collection, you would have to use a character of the right profession, but no, 9 drops for that plus the luminate one.

Of course, it was an ori node.

That happened to me too. I thought it was so weird.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632