Auric Weapons crafting question

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

After finally obtaining the Ingots required, I stumbled upon a new problem. According to the recipe I have everything:

Oiled Orichalcum blade
Oiled Orichalcum Hilt
Exalted Greatsword Core

But while I have two separate Orichalcum Inscriptions, I can’t “Discover” the recipe. What gives?

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

After finally obtaining the Ingots required, I stumbled upon a new problem. According to the recipe I have everything:

Oiled Orichalcum blade
Oiled Orichalcum Hilt
Exalted Greatsword Core

But while I have two separate Orichalcum Inscriptions, I can’t “Discover” the recipe. What gives?

If I were you, I’d either use currency or just do the main story to get the full set of Auric Weapon skin, and transmute my main weapon to that skin if I like the skin.

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Many of the recipes are drops, i.e. found in the Recipe Books. I’m not sure if any are ‘discoverable’.

Edit: Ha! I guess they are.

Ronin.7381

Yes, I have these ingredients. Unless something is missing, I’m trying to discover it but it wont let me use any Orichalcum Imbued Inscriptions. Which is really annoying.

In game people have said that to craft the weapon, it can’t be discovered – like Ascended gear which I think is bs seeing as it’s Exotic. But I’m unsure what else I’m missing for this ridiculously convoluted weapon-set.

Ronin.7381

Many of the recipes are drops, i.e. found in the Recipe Books. I’m not sure if any are ‘discoverable’.

I’ve heard the recipes themselves are discoverable though? I’m done with this RNG crud haha -_-

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Does it matter which Orichalcum Imbued Inscription one uses for these weapons, I wonder?

I know I’m working on my Weaponsmithing, and I have had troubles using some of my Orichalcum Imbued Inscriptions; I have no idea why.

Ronin.7381

That’s what I’m wondering because it lets me put the Oiled Blade, Oiled Hilt, and Exalted Core in the discovery pane saying there are ten combinations available.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

^ Inculpatus has the answer. Only 4 (that we know of so far) different inscription types can be used to discover the Auric weapons:

- Berserker
- Assassin
- Carrion
- Rampager

I initially tried using the Minstrel inscription I got from an Act 1 achievement and no dice. I then crafted a Rampager inscription (since Powerful Venom Sacs are dirt cheap and all) and it worked.

Ronin.7381

Here’s a picture to show what I mean.

Attachments:

Ronin.7381

^ Inculpatus has the answer. Only 4 (that we know of so far) different inscription types can be used to discover the Auric weapons:

- Berserker
- Assassin
- Carrion
- Rampager

I initially tried using the Minstrel inscription I got from an Act 1 achievement and no dice. I then crafted a Rampager inscription (since Powerful Venom Sacs are dirt cheap and all) and it worked.

Thank you so much. Will see if this works. Frustrated as all hell now that I spent about 10 gold >.<

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

I made all my auric weapon craft using the cleric stats.